VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
That you have this expectation is understandable but also quite sad. There is no reason at all not to have backstabbing and betrayal in a harem. Often developers think only a state in which everyone is content and happy is proper harem. But imho that's a lack of creativity rather than a rule of nature.
I think harem is a fascinating topic that isn't explored in a serious manner enough in media. It's often used as wish-fulfilment fantasy and comedy. For a more tonally serious story like CoMS, the concept of harem can be explored better through the eyes of the females. The inherent imbalance of the status quo has a lot of potential when it comes to conflict and growth.

To put it in another way... What's the point of a harem if you didn't have to go through hell and back to earn it? Where's the satisfaction if the girls just fall into your arms by the force of nature? Comedically it works, but the moment the story takes a serious turn, it all falls apart.

Anyway, I'm just elaborating on what you've said and I'm trying to explain my perspective and how it concerns CoMS using your comment. :giggle:

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
I think harem is a fascinating topic that isn't explored in a serious manner enough in media. It's often used as wish-fulfilment fantasy and comedy. For a more tonally serious story like CoMS, the concept of harem can be explored better through the eyes of the females. The inherent imbalance of the status quo has a lot of potential when it comes to conflict and growth.

To put it in another way... What's the point of a harem if you didn't have to go through hell and back to earn it? Where's the satisfaction if the girls just fall into your arms by the force of nature? Comedically it works, but the moment the story takes a serious turn, it all falls apart.

Anyway, I'm just elaborating on what you've said and I'm trying to explain my perspective and how it concerns CoMS using your comment. :giggle:
There are some interesting settings where harems are well integrated (i.e. religious dystopia/utopia, independent government, criminal underworld, alternate universe). The main issue is as you mentioned: it's primarily implemented in comedic settings without any real thought into properly integrating it.

As for how it's potentially going to be used in CoMS, who knows (aside from you... lol)? It seems like the current setup for it already involves quite a bit of drama/friction between some of the LIs while others seem to get along great. As long as you keep on your current trajectory I don't see anything bad that could come from it :)

Hungover00

Apr 29, 2023
Not sure if I'm still in chapter 1, (how big are the chapters?) but the squad is talking right after first meeting Safiya, talking about Grace. My one big problem is killing your own assets as a first move due to exposure is shitty SOP; even, or especially, for espionage assets you should go with an exfil over an assassination, unless you're both lazy and cruel. Grace, reportedly, just arrived on planet, move her to a different part of the planet or a completely new one. Trade her as a favour to a different org. Killing her is a waste, and the way it's treated as no big thing (especially by Elise) really bugs me.

Also, the Officer should really start using his commander status soon, like keeping Aria, who is outside the command structure, away from their base. It's all very messy.

The one year timeline also stretches plausibility, but I've mostly come to grips with that. Game is very good though, understanding the hype.

jhonatanw

Engaged Member
Jun 21, 2022

Hello everyone! Chapter 2 Finale is now available to Counts!
Changelog:
-749 renders
-Codex Rework
-UI Rework
-Camera effect
-Chapter 2 is now complete!

The Codex has been reworked, most of that is the code underneath. There is an invisible script that will run once the new content begins when you continue your save. So if you are not starting a fresh save, fret not. The Codex should unlock itself and all its appropriate entries then. Otherwise, a fresh start should work as intended with the entries unlocking gradually and at appropriate moments.
Due to changes done to the game, the Scene Replay unlocks are not backward compatible. There is an "Unlock Everything" option added to the scene replay.
There is a new camera parallax effect added to the game. This is the initial release. I have plans for further expansion to its features and usage. If you find it nauseous or irradiating, feel free to turn it off in the preference screen.
Thank you for your support! Special thanks to keyclap - developer of for providing their coding expertise and helping make the changes and additions possible!
Please look forward to the next chapter of
CoMS and its Steam release soon!

Last edited:

DevinHesi

Oct 29, 2021
Chapter 2 Finale now available to Counts! Changelog:
  • 749 renders
  • Codex Rework
  • UI Rework
  • Camera Effect
  • Chapter 2 completed!
Agradecimentos especiais a LaUwUrence - desenvolvedor do Our Bright Days por fornecer sua experiência em codificação e ajudar a tornar possíveis as alterações e adições! E assim que terminar a atualização, vote em nossa última edição da enquete Best Girl! As 3 melhores garotas aparecerão juntas na renderização bônus!

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Vleder and PapaPhat

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Color of My Sound [Ch.2 FiNAL] [Gallant Trombe]

NOTE: There will be NO UPDATE ONLY PATCH, there was too much changed from the last version to this.

COMPRESSED: Win/Linux/Mac:
- -

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Old saves may not work due to the script update:cry:
Saves should be fine, just the patch/update only would be the same size as the game itself.

The Codex has been reworked, most of that is the code underneath. There is an invisible script that will run once the new content begins when you continue your save. So if you are not starting a fresh save, fret not. The Codex should unlock itself and all its appropriate entries then. Otherwise, a fresh start should work as intended with the entries unlocking gradually and at appropriate moments

Reactions: Gorse
4.30 star(s) 68 Votes