VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 73 Votes

slick97

Dec 2, 2021
Sorry I'm not familiar with red Herrings what do you mean by that?
Is that a phrase ? what does it mean ?
It's something that's intended to mislead/distract you. For example: GT specifically giving Dizzy/Rose white hair could be a reference to June, but it could also just be intended to distract you from the fact that she appeared interested in Vayne before his incident with Safiya's family.

Reactions: xapican

anonnyscouse

Engaged Member
Jul 25, 2020
It might be that the banner is a combination of temporary and permanent LIs. Dizzy/Rose is definitely dead, and June may just be relegated to Vayne's dreams.

This story is damn near impossible to predict - even for the mystery genre. I assume there's a ton of foreshadowing that'll be obvious in hindsight, but GT may also just be throwing out red herrings to make plot twists more interesting.
I wouldn't say definitely, was she close enough to the edge to jump just before detonation?

I think there will be hints that every character will be a traitor, so that when one or more is a traitor then there will have been clues to that, but then the hints to characters who didn't turn out to be traitors automatically become red herrings, it's the classic ploy of any mystery genre, create as many viable suspects as possible and then reveal that only one of them is guilty (usually the least likely but still viable suspect) unless it's Murder on the Orient Express style and everyone is guilty!

Reactions: slick97

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
It's something that's intended to mislead/distract you. For example: GT specifically giving Dizzy/Rose white hair could be a reference to June, but it could also just be intended to distract you from the fact that she appeared interested in Vayne before his incident with Safiya's family.
Yep, that was my point, June happend before, Vayne even knew that he joined the Army.
Dizzy/Rose we met years after, could be that Vaynes mind played tricks on him, and he just saw in Dizzy some reensemblace with June,.
Now, the Incident with Safiyas family was, in between those events, (here is the information for a good spy easy to have, so Rose could know about) what she seems to know are things about mc emotions before the war broke out, (only if you go the romantic path with her you learn about) but ok, benefit of doubt, Dev could be playing with the interpretation of his readers,

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
I wouldn't say definitely, was she close enough to the edge to jump just before detonation?

I think there will be hints that every character will be a traitor, so that when one or more is a traitor then there will have been clues to that, but then the hints to characters who didn't turn out to be traitors automatically become red herrings, it's the classic ploy of any mystery genre, create as many viable suspects as possible and then reveal that only one of them is guilty (usually the least likely but still viable suspect) unless it's Murder on the Orient Express style and everyone is guilty!
My working theory is that they are ALL traitors. :)

Dessolos

Devoted Member
Jul 25, 2017
My working theory is that they are ALL traitors. :)
the question remains to whom they are traitors, they all see in MC a Keystone or a valious pawn in their games.

I suspect everyone but my sweet sweet Lana.

We are going hold hands under the moonlight, then right before we head out to a midnight dinner gonna boop her nose. When we get get home we are going to hang out on the sofa where i'll give her a head pat. Finally when we are ready to go sleep together and go to bed for the night gonna give her a nice welcoming forehead kiss.

• I just jizzed my pants
Reactions: osanaiko

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
It might be that the banner is a combination of temporary and permanent LIs. Dizzy/Rose is definitely dead, and June may just be relegated to Vayne's dreams.

This story is damn near impossible to predict - even for the mystery genre. I assume there's a ton of foreshadowing that'll be obvious in hindsight, but GT may also just be throwing out red herrings to make plot twists more interesting.
The funny thing about red herring is that you don't need to design them because uncertainty by nature makes people question their thinking.

I just simply write the characters acting out their own plans :giggle:

MiltonPowers

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 26, 2023
The funny thing about red herring is that you don't need to design them because uncertainty by nature makes people question their thinking.

I just simply write the characters acting out their own plans :giggle:
See xapican, I told you he wouldn't answer. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.

Just to clarify, nor should he, the mystery of Dizzy/Rose is what keeps us all guessing and suppositioning (if that's a word :unsure:) and GT is doing an amazing job of keeping the intrigue going strong. :)

xapican

Devoted Member
May 11, 2020
See xapican, I told you he wouldn't answer. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:.

Just to clarify, nor should he, the mystery of Dizzy/Rose is what keeps us all guessing and suppositioning (if that's a word :unsure:) and GT is doing an amazing job of keeping the intrigue going strong. :)
Oh well, he already did, at least for me, so down to the facts, and that is great, you will see how the characters act, and then get a clue, Kudos !

• Love
Reactions: MiltonPowers
4.30 star(s) 73 Votes