VN Ren'Py Color of My Sound [Ch.3A v6] [Gallant Trombe]

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes

imadumb

Dev of Rikugun Shikan Gakkõ
Game Developer
Aug 25, 2022
:unsure: You are the second person who doesn't like that. Is it because it is just too bright? I'll consider tweaking them, but they are synced to the audio and also serve as the transitions, it will be difficult to come up with another way to do it.
try to put some light like sparks on the hole of the weapon and use some sound like blasters of movies and i think this will be good, don't know really how to help e.e, but, the red light really hurt my eyes, maybe is just me

Spranky

Dec 17, 2021
Story, art and everything is pretty dope dev!!!

I normally dont post here, but i have a very clear opinion about the paid/free games! So i would like to share it.
I have played a lot of the free games here, and the best ones, i bought on steam after that, so i could continue the story. So, having a season 1 here, its like a demo, and i wouldnt mind paying for it, BUT, i wouldnt mind paying for a FULL GAME, not a season, and another, and another, and never knowing when or IF the story is going to be finished, and that, makes me stop buying!
So, if you want to sell on steam, i would buy a full game, knowing and expecting a full story. Having the season 2~3~4... for free, as DLCs after buiyng the game, or (the best in my opinion) havin a full game release, already with all seasons in it!
Same here, sadly the established model is by seasons (sometimes rebranding seasons with other names like "weeks",etc) .

Reactions: camaqua

camaqua

Apr 3, 2019
Story, art and everything is pretty dope dev!!!

Same here, sadly the established model is by seasons (sometimes rebranding seasons with other names like "weeks",etc) .
Yeah, i dont like or dislike that, just that they started to sell each season separetly, and at full price! I wouldnt mind paying full price for the game, and like, $1~$2 for each new season. But for me/us that do not live in US the currency conversion is very punishing. I understand that a developer needs suport to keep working on the game, but its expensive to pay for a sub on patreon with that conversion! But i would love to do that, if i could!

Gallant Trombe I loved the game, the art and the characters! Keep the good work! I was sad after ending the season last night! I want more!

BrockLanders

Aug 8, 2020
:unsure: You are the second person who doesn't like that. Is it because it is just too bright? I'll consider tweaking them, but they are synced to the audio and also serve as the transitions, it will be difficult to come up with another way to do it.
Dont change a thing... a setting that replaces the effect with a black screen for the duration and a settings button should suffice for the sensitive. I just got to the "last teammate" reveal. This novel is FIRE don't mess with it lol

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Dont change a thing... a setting that replaces the effect with a black screen for the duration and a settings button should suffice for the sensitive. I just got to the "last teammate" reveal. This novel is FIRE don't mess with it lol
I would add a notice at the beginning before the title screen loads and tell folks they can adjust for that in the game's settings. So do what BrockLanders suggested (or something similar), but also have a notice in text so people can know easily how to make the adjustment if they want it.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022

Primarch Dorn

Jan 13, 2022
When you are posting your game content here, YOU are in control of what gets released and when. Timing is everything. Give top tier patrons a full week to enjoy the latest content before releasing to the next tier. Give the second tier a full week to do the same. Then you release to ALL of your patrons a week before you release it to the public here. That is exactly how it works for my other friends who do this like OBD Games, Xavster, BadTimeTales, PTGames and several others. Those devs all actively participate here in their F95 forums and banter with the fans, the same way you do. They ALL have their patrons on Patreon and some other paid formats as well and once they have provided appropriate early access to all of their paying patrons then they let the latest release go public and it seems to serve them all rather well.

I agree with you on not doing Patron specific scenes. That gets to be a mess and causes fan resentment as well. There are some other detracting factors too, like your passwords for the "Patreon Only" content being made public anyway. This is especially true if you you go only with paid releases such as Patreon, itch.io and Steam. If YOU are not publishing a public release then someone else will and they will NOT follow your release guidelines for patron tiers. You drop a new release and within two or three days, it is here. The F95 uploaders pride themselves on obtaining and publishing the latest releases quickly. So, I reiterate... If YOU continue to make the public releases here, YOU are in control. If you choose to jump ship in favor only of paid sites then you are at the mercy of the data miners.

Another way I have seen devs make their own public posts without dealing with all the negativity that can spawn in forums is to have a member of their dev team make the posts and publish updates. Philly Games and Grinvald, author of Hot Sand of Antarctica, are the only ones that come to mind in that camp at present but there are several more that my fading memory cannot recall at present.

I would gladly support many of my favorite devs if I were still able to work, mais non. I am crippled with multiple disabilities and forced to retire well over a decade ago. My disability stipend is barely sufficient to pay for basics like rent, utilities and food but I still manage to scrape up a few bucks for titles on Steam that I have enjoyed here to show my support. I seldom play AVN's from Steam. I prefer to play them from my PC without Steam interference or censorship. Patreon censors games as well. I abhor censorship. So, I play my games from F95 instead, even those I have on Steam.

Phat will officially STFU now... I'm sure I've given you a lot to think about. I really hope you consider what I have said and reach out to some of the other devs I mentioned. They will give you the straight scoop from their own experience.

Adventure ever on my friend, Phat;)(y) Happy New Year :)
L + ratio

Gallant Trombe

Game Developer
Mar 19, 2021
I would add a notice at the beginning before the title screen loads and tell folks they can adjust for that in the game's settings. So do what BrockLanders suggested (or something similar), but also have a notice in text so people can know easily how to make the adjustment if they want it.
I'll look into this further. I don't have a concrete idea of how to do it exactly, and it isn't a high priority I'm afraid, so there is no telling when I will add it, sorry.

I could just use a blank black screen to replace the red flashing transition, but that's not going to convey the same idea and the transition just wouldn't be as smooth. In particular, when the MC is staring down the mysterious person, that sequence was completely designed with the flashing in mind. :cry:

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I'll look into this further. I don't have a concrete idea of how to do it exactly, and it isn't a high priority I'm afraid, so there is no telling when I will add it, sorry.

I could just use a blank black screen to replace the red flashing transition, but that's not going to convey the same idea and the transition just wouldn't be as smooth. In particular, when the MC is staring down the mysterious person, that sequence was completely designed with the flashing in mind. :cry:
For the record, the red flashing didn't bother me in the slightest. IJS that if you were to account for anyone who might have an issue, a warning might help.

As for the red screen, you might consider (for the alternative version if someone marks a preference for less "intense" coloring) using more alpha on the red image, like making it only 33% opacity so the red that does show isn't as sharp in contrast. Or consider various things in that vein, whatever comes to mind that seems OK when you test it out to experience the effect. It wouldn't be ideal, because it's not what you originally had and wanted, but you might find something acceptable to you that would lessen the severity of the effect for those bothered by it.

Just some food for your thoughts.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
For the record, the red flashing didn't bother me in the slightest.
Same here, no issues for me whatsoever.

Only two players out of (presumably) 1000s disliked it enough to make a comment.

And it's not some sort of strobe effect that has a 1 in 1000000 chance of affecting someone already predisposed to epilepsy.

If the decision was mine I'd say there are more beautiful, Miri shaped, fish to fry.

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
Guys isn't this supposed to be a pirate site? I understand waiting 2 weeks to upload out of respect for patrons but after that it's usually open season.

PapaPhat

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
Guys isn't this supposed to be a pirate site? I understand waiting 2 weeks to upload out of respect for patrons but after that it's usually open season.
You do realize that the game's developer is the person maintaining the OP, right? Gallant Trombe will release the public version here because nobody else can! Please stop spamming the chat and await the new public update patiently with the rest of us freeloading pirates. Thanks...:censored:(y)

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
You do realize that the game's developer is the person maintaining the OP, right? Gallant Trombe will release the public version here because nobody else can! Please stop spamming the chat and await the new public update patiently with the rest of us freeloading pirates. Thanks...:censored:(y)
Literally only sent one message. Also kinda ruins the whole point of piracy if the game isn't even pirated but rather uploaded by the dev himself.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: osanaiko

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
I don't remember the developer saying anything about releasing the game publicly.
I apologize in advance if there is such an explanation.

Herbert1

Jul 29, 2019
I don't remember the developer saying anything about releasing the game publicly.
I apologize in advance if there is such an explanation.
He is unsure of what to do, as he rightfully believes he's cheating people who pay for the game by releasing it for free. My point is questioning why a pirate forum is relying on a developer to upload his own game onto it. Just strikes me as odd.

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
He is unsure of what to do, as he rightfully believes he's cheating people who pay for the game by releasing it for free. My point is questioning why a pirate forum is relying on a developer to upload his own game onto it. Just strikes me as odd.
I know this and I don't approve it seems like a fake reason to me.

I mean some people are talking as if the developer is going to release a public release which is why I asked.
Do not mislead people.

He may have started his own thread, but if he still doesn't want to release a public release, it doesn't matter.
Now, if the game has been in the hands of someone, it will be leaked somehow. It is necessary to be a little patient in this regard.

4.30 star(s) 68 Votes