Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
I also can't get Mari's date to trigger. Is there a fix in the works, or should I wait for Ch. 5? Also, are we gonna see the Asian secretary sometime soon?
I've only had a couple people report that they are having problems with Maris date. Any chance you could tell me how many hearts you have with her and what it says on her hint when you click her picture in the affection menu?

The Asian secretary was initially just kind of a placeholder character, but ill likely add a few scenes for her later.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I've only had a couple people report that they are having problems with Maris date. Any chance you could tell me how many hearts you have with her and what it says on her hint when you click her picture in the affection menu?

The Asian secretary was initially just kind of a placeholder character, but ill likely add a few scenes for her later.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's been like 2-3 weeks since we talked about the date.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
1 annoyance is that star seems to be stuck on girl next door despite there's nothing new to do (studying with her doesn't do anything apparently).

also game said unlocked new scene with "sister" but apparently that was her spying "brother" in shower.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's been like 2-3 weeks since we talked about the date.
Okay, I believe I found the issue in the code that causes this problem if you ask Mari out on a Saturday. I've fixed it and it should be working correctly in the next update.

1 annoyance is that star seems to be stuck on girl next door despite there's nothing new to do (studying with her doesn't do anything apparently).

also game said unlocked new scene with "sister" but apparently that was her spying "brother" in shower.
I've fixed the star issue and it should be working correctly in the next update. The scene with Suzy spying on you in the shower is the new scene. Some scenes are shorter than others.

Reactions: Bucketbot89

Larry2000

Dev/Head Writer of Unexpected Opportunity
Game Developer
May 9, 2017
Can someone tell me how much grind is in this game? People in the reviews talked about it being sandbox. There are few games made better because of sandbox so I want to know if it's intrusive in the development of the story. I really like the mom renders so I'm interested in trying out. Is the sandbox grindy? Is it just a little annoying? Does it disrupt the flow of story (as many do)

One big praise to the dev though, ALL the girls look unique which is hard to do when even the biggest games feel like they have borrowed elements of other games.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Can someone tell me how much grind is in this game? People in the reviews talked about it being sandbox. There are few games made better because of sandbox so I want to know if it's intrusive in the development of the story. I really like the mom renders so I'm interested in trying out. Is the sandbox grindy? Is it just a little annoying? Does it disrupt the flow of story (as many do)

One big praise to the dev though, ALL the girls look unique which is hard to do when even the biggest games feel like they have borrowed elements of other games.
I didn't find it grindy in the least. A couple of events are tied to certain days of the week, so you may find yourself rushing through days to get to an event. I actually liked this sandbox. I didn't get lost once in my playthrough, a rarity for me. I enjoyed this one quite a bit.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020

Thank you for the praise.

If I can make a suggestion it would be to wait until the next update. It's coming out next Friday and it fills in a lot of the gaps that the game has right now. At the moment there are some repetitive tasks that you must do to increase your affection with a character. This update adds a lot of conversations to those tasks that makes them feel less grindy as you are using them to get to know the characters better.

I'd like to be clear about why this game is a sandbox as well. The main story in this game definitely isn't original (although it will have some interesting turns later) and isn't what the game is ultimately about. It's just a backbone to allow the player to interact with a large cast of characters (20 romance-able characters), each of which has their own individual stories, and those characters are what I'm truly focusing on. Some characters may not be interesting to some people and I don't want to force players to go through their storylines if they don't want to, so most character's stories are completely optional. I don't feel like I could give the player as many options and choices in a straight narrative.

Last edited:
Reactions: Larry2000

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
most grind is getting that co-worker to move from bjs to better things.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Hey everybody, I'm currently looking for 2 more beta testers. If you're interested in helping me find bugs in the next version of the game, and have time to play through it before Tuesday, send me a message.

most grind is getting that co-worker to move from bjs to better things.
You might be thinking of a different game. Can't get BJs from the co-worker just yet.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
You might be thinking of a different game. Can't get BJs from the co-worker just yet.
yea no rly grind on this except studying and working (yea it's quickly done but since it's from mon to fri makes it grindy and boring).

Reactions: binglebangles

morph6785

Jan 12, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/Scenes/Prologue/activatephone.rpy", line 19, in script call
    call advancetime from _call_advancetime_3
  File "game/Functions/processes.rpy", line 40, in script call
    call checkavailablescenes from _call_checkavailablescenes
  File "game/Scenes/Jamie/Jamiewindow/jamiewindow.rpy", line 19, in script call
    call jamiewindow0 from _call_jamiewindow0
  File "game/Scenes/Suzy/suzy2.rpy", line 101, in script call
    call advancetime from _call_advancetime_62
  File "game/Scenes/Work/worknormal.rpy", line 5, in script call
    call advancetime from _call_advancetime_17
  File "game/Scenes/Adrian/0 Adrian at Supermarket.rpy", line 81, in script
    jump buymenu
ScriptError: could not find label 'buymenu'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/Scenes/Prologue/activatephone.rpy", line 19, in script call
    call advancetime from _call_advancetime_3
  File "game/Scenes/Jamie/Jamiewindow/jamiewindow.rpy", line 19, in script call
    call jamiewindow0 from _call_jamiewindow0
  File "game/Scenes/Suzy/suzy2.rpy", line 101, in script call
    call advancetime from _call_advancetime_62
  File "game/Scenes/Adrian/0 Adrian at Supermarket.rpy", line 81, in script
    jump buymenu
  File "C:\Users\Goran\Downloads\ComeHome-2.04.1-pc-compressed\ComeHome-2.04-pc-compressed\renpy\ast.py", line 1697, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\Goran\Downloads\ComeHome-2.04.1-pc-compressed\ComeHome-2.04-pc-compressed\renpy\script.py", line 898, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))
ScriptError: could not find label 'buymenu'.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Come Home 2.04
Fri Oct 02 19:09:45 2020

binglebangles

Apr 29, 2020
yea no rly grind on this except studying and working (yea it's quickly done but since it's from mon to fri makes it grindy and boring).
It's boring now. If it has to stay, hopefully its always tied to "study events" with other characters and the option to study at in-between to catch up or something... so long as it doesn't feel tacked on because someone somewhere said games like this should have this mechanic.

Haremm lover

Sep 20, 2017
Is this an update because the OP is showing file as 2.4.5 but the title says Chapter 4 so its a little confusing whether to download or not.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
Looking through the pictures I notice that the black girl and even the black guys are look angry? I mean the main pictures looks like she angry as hell. Not all black people are thugs or angry people.

Fushan

Donor
Respected User
Aug 12, 2016
Is this an update because the OP is showing file as 2.4.5 but the title says Chapter 4 so its a little confusing whether to download or not.
looked through the patreon, it's called .2.04.5, idk why it's chp4 here tho. i had the same question :p

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
First time seeing the game.

As for incest, we all know what patreons rules are. There is no blood on blood incest in the story. Your character lives with two women who you can assign your relationship to. Do what you will with that. I can't do anything more without risking my patreon being removed, unfortunately.
Yes, we know the patreon rules. Thanks for the possibility of assigning relationships. :D

Hey everybody, I'm currently looking for 2 more beta testers. If you're interested in helping me find bugs in the next version of the game, and have time to play through it before Tuesday, send me a message.
I know the comment is 2 weeks old, but if you should need/want another beta tester in the future, feel free to contact me. I'm pretty good at finding bugs (in the game, not in the code), inconsistencies/goofs, and typos.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
.2.04.5 is the most recent update and is available on my Patreon for free. I'm not sure which version is uploaded here.

Looking through the pictures I notice that the black girl and even the black guys are look angry? I mean the main pictures looks like she angry as hell. Not all black people are thugs or angry people.
Oh wow, I hope people don't think that! I am white, so I'm sure I'll make some mistakes when it comes to writing people of other races, but I do try really hard to be fair and inclusive with everything and give representation to different races. The black characters shown in the screenshots here are actually attempting to be intimidating in those shots. They are much more laid back and smiling once you get to know them. There is also another black girl who is in your English class and is very smart and will help you with your English studies.

You are absolutely right though. Izzy (the black girl) is the only one not smiling in that main image and that's on me. I'll work on that and change the main image at some point to show her in a better light.
juliana.png

I know the comment is 2 weeks old, but if you should need/want another beta tester in the future, feel free to contact me. I'm pretty good at finding bugs (in the game, not in the code), inconsistencies/goofs, and typos.
I'll keep you in mind for next chapter. I'm giving patrons first-dibs at beta testing, but if I don't get enough, I'll pull some people from other places.

I there a compete pdf-walkthrough available?
It's available to patrons-only. Just a dollar.

Last edited:

morpheusahrms

Sep 11, 2017
Reading through the Changelog I see a lot of stuff (kudos!), but do I read it right that there are no new H scenes included this time around?

Reactions: EZ8lt
4.30 star(s) 108 Votes