Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
Right, "displayables below it". Except thats not true, it appears to prevent the user from also interacted with displayables above it - i.e. you can have a screen layered ontop of another, closer to the user) with that closer screen containing keymaps and if the further screen has [model = true], those keymaps wont be usuable. That's what I meant.

I dunno why Im posting this here except that I couldnt figure out for 10 minutes why my custom shortcuts werent working in the polaroid menu ui- for which I use a custom blank screen loaded on top of things; until I disabled modal.

Sidenote - am I the only one who dislikes the new polaroid menu interface? Yes, it's cleaner, and streamlines things, but almost to a fault. I miss that early game period when you didnt know people schedules so you'd whip out your phone and earnestly try and call someone, and there might be no answer. Now, you know EXACTLY what you CAN and CANT do, feels more restrictive, thats just me though.

Reactions: ilkhan.ulric

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Right, "displayables below it". Except thats not true, it appears to prevent the user from also interacted with displayables above it - i.e. you can have a screen layered ontop of another, closer to the user) with that closer screen containing keymaps and if the further screen has [model = true], those keymaps wont be usuable. That's what I meant.

I dunno why Im posting this here except that I couldnt figure out for 10 minutes why my custom shortcuts werent working in the polaroid menu ui- for which I use a custom blank screen loaded on top of things; until I disabled modal.

Sidenote - am I the only one who dislikes the new polaroid menu interface? Yes, it's cleaner, and streamlines things, but almost to a fault. I miss that early game period when you didnt know people schedules so you'd whip out your phone and earnestly try and call someone, and there might be no answer. Now, you know EXACTLY what you CAN and CANT do, feels more restrictive, thats just me though.
oh, I see. There must be something wonky happening then, because I have a custom keymap screen with zorder 205, and a modal True screen with zorder 200 and there are no issues. That keymap is shown during the 'show' event of the modal screen.

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
oh, I see. There must be something wonky happening then, because I have a custom keymap screen with zorder 205, and a modal True screen with zorder 200 and there are no issues. That keymap is shown during the 'show' event of the modal screen.
Are they image buttons with key links or just keys? I've been able to get imagebuttons to work in this configuration, but not straight bindings - like I'll have

Code:
init 100 python:
    config.console = True
    config.overlay_screens.append( "myCustomKeyScreen" )

screen myCustomKeyScreen():
    zorder 200
    key "K_F5" action QuickSave()
    key "K_F6" action QuickLoad()
which wont function with her polaroidui with modal on, wonder what I'm doing wrong...

Code:
screen polaroidui():
    zorder 5
    #modal True
    if timeofday == 0:
        $ backgroundimage = "bg homefront morning.webp"
    elif timeofday == 1:

etcetc

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Are they image buttons with key links or just keys? I've been able to get imagebuttons to work in this configuration, but not straight bindings - like I'll have

Code:
init 100 python:
    config.console = True

zorder 200
which wont function with her polaroidui with modal on, wonder what I'm doing wrong...

Code:
screen polaroidui():
    zorder 5
    #modal True
    if timeofday == 0:
    elif timeofday == 1:

etcetc
Mine are just keybindings. I'll take a look at her polaroid screen...

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

Code:
init 100 python:
    config.console = True

zorder 200

Code:
screen polaroidui():
    zorder 5
    #modal True
    if timeofday == 0:
    elif timeofday == 1:

etcetc
your quicksave key works for me...and your quickload brings up the confirm screen, but clicking "Yes" on the confirm screen doesn't bring up the load screen. Is that what you're experiencing?

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021

Code:
init 100 python:
    config.console = True

zorder 200

Code:
screen polaroidui():
    zorder 5
    #modal True
    if timeofday == 0:
    elif timeofday == 1:

etcetc
your quicksave key works for me...and your quickload brings up the confirm screen, but clicking "Yes" on the confirm screen doesn't bring up the load screen. Is that what you're experiencing?
No, I take it back. Your quick load loads the last save in auto. Everything works for me.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

Pr0GamerJohnny

Forum Fanatic
Sep 7, 2022
No, I have no functionality during polaroid screen with modal on - F5 doesnt quicksave, nor shows appropriate notification.

Both keys work as intended during in game dialogue or other screens. Now I'm just confused as to why that'd work for you.

I wonder... I should probably delete the persistent save data as doesnt python stuff only run at startup once iirc....

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
No, I have no functionality during polaroid screen with modal on - F5 doesnt quicksave, nor shows appropriate notification.

Both keys work as intended during in game dialogue or other screens. Now I'm just confused as to why that'd work for you.

I wonder... I should probably delete the persistent save data as doesnt python stuff only run at startup once iirc....
I put your code in a separate file called keymaps.rpy for my testing. Not sure how you were including it, but perhaps the corresponding rpyc file did not get overwritten...or, you didn't close the game and reopen after changing the file.

kaczy091

May 27, 2018
I have a problem with Mrs. Mills, I can't do 2 scenes with her when she is submissive (I have done 1). for this scene to happen i need to have 2 scenes done when mc is submissive?

Ocumura

Mar 4, 2017
any idea how to get her sub scenes only get this one so far
1677559445533.png

Edit: after look for at some post found that yeah loot of people with this problem the issues is that there is loke 5 triggers (scenes) you need to answer in a specific way even if it look like a good scene or deal for you in that scne nope you need to turn her down most of the time so solution?
go and open console and type millsswitch = True
be happy

Last edited:

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
im gonna be honest, im not a fan of the change in the ui. it made the game feel lifeless.

before there were some problems with seeing some scenes, sure, but now, its so streamlined, it kinda killed any "gamey" aspect it had. its now a glorified scene viewer. not only that but it weirdly enough made things confusing, like for example, the scene with the boss(forgot her name) in my last saves i always went the dom route, but now i can only get the sub scenes. and because its so one note, i seriously have no idea if the route got scuffed for me, or if its intended that way(even though the "hint" says otherwise).

overall, i liked the scenes, just didnt like the sex "mechanics" nor the ui change.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
Technically there are sharing scenes.

Izzy has a gangbang scene with a group of guys. Mrs McGee is married and likes to have sex infront of her husband she isn't leaving her husband so you only play a casual sex partner although that's technically her husband sharing her with you. Tammy and Suzy have a thing going on and share the MC.
ah yes forgot about izzy...but now she changed ..so i forgot it...thw englsih teachers love to cuck his hubby...i don't think is sharing...but hey

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
This game is on my top 5 all time favorite games of all times. Such a simple yet amazing game.
Top 3 girl for me is;
1: Sucy
2: Brandi
3: Tammy

I really hope this continues for a while. Love this game & MORE Sucy & Brandi please!

Reactions: Grimtown
4.30 star(s) 108 Votes