HeavenKim

Oct 2, 2018
Usually holding Shift down lets you start the game and you get a menu instead of the game. That is not working either?
Nope, nada, I'll try redownload again and see if it works, if not, I'll wait for next update then, thanks for helping. (y) (y)

ScottyLQ

Apr 28, 2017
im gonna be honest, im not a fan of the change in the ui. it made the game feel lifeless.

before there were some problems with seeing some scenes, sure, but now, its so streamlined, it kinda killed any "gamey" aspect it had. its now a glorified scene viewer. not only that but it weirdly enough made things confusing, like for example, the scene with the boss(forgot her name) in my last saves i always went the dom route, but now i can only get the sub scenes. and because its so one note, i seriously have no idea if the route got scuffed for me, or if its intended that way(even though the "hint" says otherwise).

overall, i liked the scenes, just didnt like the sex "mechanics" nor the ui change.
We-ll, if by "UI" change you mean the menus at every stage of the day, when you really think about it they're the same, only more direct to advance your relationships with each character. The old menus gave you the illusion of "openness", but in the end, unless you had something to do at the locations, it was just another empty way to pass the time. In my opinion the change makes everything more streamlined.

As for the update messing up your routes... It's a game in development, man. Just being able to use old saves from really old versions is good enough.

I just caught up on the last two pages and... yep, it wasn't even a release version, so... shouldn't be butthurt about it. Shouldn't be butthurt about anything really if you're a considerate pirate. We should all strive to be like Edward England, one of the nicest pirates to ever plunder and murder.

Last edited:
Reactions: sava75

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
How do I check how much money the MC has?
Or is money even needed in this game?

Thanks,
Cheers

Jan 12, 2021
Hey all. Despite the fact that you're playing a stolen beta that was not intended for wide release yet, I'm glad that you are mostly enjoying the new update.

Seeing a lot of the same questions again from new players - be sure you check the FAQs at the beginning of the thread, and my Q&A , because it's likely that I've already answered your question many times.

As far as some of the new comments I've seen:

"I don't like the new UI" - I get the criticisms about it. It makes the game feel less like a game. I think most people playing it are playing for the story and the scenes, and are not super interested in a game. Come Home doesn't have a lot of branching paths or anything. There's not a lot of ways you can influence the story. It's all about consuming the content that you want to consume, and that's the choices you make in the game. I feel like the new UI does more good than bad - it speeds up the game, it makes you click around aimlessly less, and it makes it more clear what you can do in any given timeframe. I understand the criticisms, but I made the choice to focus on streamlining things, I think most people have liked it, and I won't be going back.

"I can't get to Mrs. Mills' Sub route" - I may need to look at this a little closer. You should be able to reject getting pegged by Mrs. Mills. Then a few days later, she will want you to stay late again, and you can ask her "What are we going to do?" And initiate the sub route. This shouldn't be possible to miss. If you feel like you're completely stuck on the dom route, post your save so we can look at it and figure out what went wrong. I'll try to make this path a little more clearer in future updates as I realize it's kinda convoluted at the moment.

"Can't get to 100% after finishing all scenes" - This is an issue caused by me forgetting to put a piece of code in a scene at some point. The issue has been fixed, but since you played an early release, the code was missing. The version leaked LAST update was also an early release, and I think that is where the issue was. The issue should not be present if you start a new game, but otherwise, you'll just have to have your save file modified to fix it.

Anyways, glad y'all are liking the update. Maybe throw me a few bucks on Patreon? It was not intended to be released here yet, and it bummed me out quite a bit to see it leaked yesterday. The reason I release it to high tier patreons first (besides just trying to make a living) is because they're more invested in the game and will help me by pointing out bugs, while not discounting the game completely for having those bugs. It frustrates me that somebody on F95 here who might be playing for the first time will now be playing the less-polished beta version.

That's all I got. I don't post here as much, but I'm still reading what you're saying and taking note of the useful feedback. Thanks to those that do support the game, I appreciate it.

And the nerd who stole the beta can eat my ass.
Very much stuck on the second point, Mrs Mills' sub route, any help would be appreciated. And sorry it got leaked, that sucks

Reactions: Ains

ogr blanc

May 15, 2019
We-ll, if by "UI" change you mean the menus at every stage of the day, when you really think about it they're the same, only more direct to advance your relationships with each character. The old menus gave you the illusion of "openness", but in the end, unless you had something to do at the locations, it was just another empty way to pass the time. In my opinion the change makes everything more streamlined.

As for the update messing up your routes... It's a game in development, man. Just being able to use old saves from really old versions is good enough.

I just caught up on the last two pages and... yep, it wasn't even a release version, so... shouldn't be butthurt about it. Shouldn't be butthurt about anything really if you're a considerate pirate. We should all strive to be like Edward England, one of the nicest pirates to ever plunder and murder.
A few things.

to me, that ilusion was a good thing, it gave the game a sense of conection, and even if it was a waste of time, it still offered enough to make it feel more like a game. now the "routes" are less that and closer to glorified scene selector, which i found to be less engaging.

the second point i want to make is the thing about it being in development, that goes without saying, im just saying my experience with the update, and i posted before looking at others, as i had little time when i posted.

i just really disagree with the "butthurt" comment. it was unecessary and pretty childish.

Reactions: Pr0GamerJohnny

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
They're making a joke, implying that they stole the Beta, by giving "inside information" with the ID code , and/or that ID code could simply be fake, or something that's actually found in the game by just looking for it. At least that's what I think they're saying. Get it now?
in that context yes.

Nope, my AV is off even before I extract the file
well it can be blocked by windows security too, anyways are you sure that you got full package? did you extract it to new folder?

How do I check how much money the MC has?
Or is money even needed in this game?

Thanks,
Cheers
money isn't needed that much on this game and since mc works daily he has always enuf money (to even for weekend trip).

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
very nicce updatye of 1 of my prefered Vn out there...apprechiated the 3 some scenes..and if i read correctly the next one we should expect is a 3some with danma liz and MC...can't wait. i got all char at 100% except with Ms Mill..seems i can't get over to lick her pussy and refusinmg to be pegged dson't give me any option to revert roles a bit...i choosed to be her subto try to please her and maybe step by step she will let me fuck her properly so she will enjoy life more wout being sodominant and selfish every time. but i don't knmow why i can't hsave tyhis choice...any help?
P.s.
I would love more scewnes with Mom in the future maybe a date too would be cvool. thanks dev for this great game.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Very much stuck on the second point, Mrs Mills' sub route, any help would be appreciated. And sorry it got leaked, that sucks
Thanks for sharing the save. I was able to figure out the issue and get it fixed. Will be fixed on the next version.

You shouldn't have to restart save or anything. Just download the next version and it should work.

Jan 12, 2021
Thanks for sharing the save. I was able to figure out the issue and get it fixed. Will be fixed on the next version.

You shouldn't have to restart save or anything. Just download the next version and it should work.
Glad it was able to help and that I won't have to restart lol...and just for personal clarification...next version meaning the "actual" release? Or like 5.15.whatever the NEXT full release would be. And again, sucks about it leaking early

HeavenKim

Oct 2, 2018
well it can be blocked by windows security too, anyways are you sure that you got full package? did you extract it to new folder?
yes, WS is off too, not sure about full package tho, downloaded from the first page, and yes, I make new folders for every game I downloaded, other games works fine. But it's fine, downloaded the compressed version, it worked.

Last edited:

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
But it's fine, downloaded the compressed version, it worked.
That's good. :)
What OS are you using? Win 7/8/9/10/11? I know with update 13 Come Home switched to Ren'Py 8 which doesn't support some of the older Windows anymore. :unsure:

methusalix55

Jun 16, 2021
That's good. :)
What OS are you using? Win 7/8/9/10/11? I know with update 13 Come Home switched to Ren'Py 8 which doesn't support some of the older Windows anymore. :unsure:
hello Grimtown

the dowload from GOFILE works fine for me. all my games get an own folder in a subfolder on a second drive and i´m still using win7u ---- there are no known problems with Ren'Py 8 for me.

only a few non Ren'Py games like
https://f95zone.to/threads/love-and-ashes-v0-1-engelkuchkuch.150529/
seems not to start if moved into a subfolder.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020

tatters

Jul 25, 2018
OK not going to lie i really like this game but i just started the game back up after missing a couple of updates that's when i see the dev msg saying they added some more stuff which great but what made me sad is when it said that you finding your dad can wait. Because to be honest with you i was going into the game for the girls but then i got hooked on finding my dad now to find out going be awhile before we do that makes me sad but like a said its still a great game either way.

Reactions: Forgotted
4.30 star(s) 108 Votes