Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
If the dev makes a statement and advertising his game as 'EVERY' character being avoidable/optional, Then this should be the case or at least be honest about it from the start!
Ah, okay, now we're getting somewhere.
I just looked at the OP again. You probably mean the "Twenty optional love interests" phrase, yes? I get how this might lead to misunderstandings. Probably should be " Twenty(*) optional love interests " with (*) explained below as "(*)two characters' storylines are intertwinded and are only datable together".
Instead of yelling about the free content not being to your liking because of this you might just have said so. Something like "this phrase led to some expectations which weren't met. Maybe change that, dev, so nobody else will get into the same situation as I."
Much more useful than just verbally stomping your feet and complaining, in my opinion at least.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
No fuck that. They are all optional. Just because you have to take Tammy with Suzy, doesn't mean they're not avoidable. Those two just come as a couple. If you don't like that, you can optionally avoid them both. This is the most annoying complaint that I get about the game. Seriously, go play something else. I have no interest in modifying my game to fit what you want.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Ah, okay, now we're getting somewhere.
I just looked at the OP again. You probably mean the "Twenty optional love interests" phrase, yes? I get how this might lead to misunderstandings. Probably should be " Twenty(*) optional love interests " with (*) explained below as "(*)two characters' are intertwinded and are only datable together".
Instead of yelling about the free content not being to your liking because of this you might just have said so. Something like "this phrase led to some expectations which weren't met. Maybe change that, dev, so nobody else will get into the same situation as I."
Much more useful than just verbally stomping your feet and complaining, in my opinion at least.
Okay I agree, I could have presented myself better about 'my surprise' and for that I apologies.
I do enjoy the game but would have preferred there to have been a fair warning as I didn't expect the sharing aspect of this game.

Reactions: Grimtown

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Okay I agree, I could have presented myself better about 'my surprise' and for that I apologies.
I do enjoy the game but would have preferred there to have been a fair warning as I didn't expect the sharing aspect of this game.
What do you think of my suggestion with the asterisk? Maybe we can get RJ to change the words slightly. :p Or maybe you have a better suggestion?

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
No fuck that. They are all optional. Just because you have to take Tammy with Suzy, doesn't mean they're not avoidable. Those two just come as a couple. If you don't like that, you can optionally avoid them both. This is the most annoying complaint that I get about the game. Seriously, go play something else. I have no interest in modifying my game to fit what you want.
Not trying to get you to change your game. It's yours to do what you want with obviously. All I was saying is maybe give people 'fair' warning as two characters coming as one isn't exactly how you describe this game.
Sharing isn't for everyone and if you actually specified this then you wouldn't get annoying 'complaints'

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
What do you think of my suggestion with the asterisk? Maybe we can get RJ to change the words slightly. :p Or maybe you have a better suggestion?
I think giving people a better explanation of what to expect would be a good idea then at least players decide if this kind of game would suit what they are looking for.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I think giving people a better explanation of what to expect would be a good idea then at least players decide if this kind of game would suit what they are looking for.
Anyway, hopefully you can enjoy the rest of the game. There are some really nice scenes in it, even if you are not happy with the Suzy/Tammy situation. You wouldn't be the first to focus on only one or two characters, by the way, there are a few people that are only in for Mari or Adrian for example.

BoltonGuy35

Mar 25, 2018
Anyway, hopefully you can enjoy the rest of the game. There are some really nice scenes in it, even if you are not happy with the Suzy/Tammy situation. You wouldn't be the first to focus on only one or two characters, by the way, there are a few people that are only in for Mari or Adrian for example.
Yeah I love most of the cast and there are a couple that really are not for me. I suppose I was gutted as I'm more of a romantic guy and don't really go down the sharing route if possible and I suppose that's what shocked me more about Suzy as she was one of the ones I liked the most as she had that fiery side and the aspect of rekindling the relationship with her was something I personally would have liked or was looking forward to I suppose (credit goes to the dev for creating a good character with her) I really would love to keep playing her path but I just couldn't enjoy the sharing, I will forget that path now and enjoy the characters that suit me. Sorry again for my earlier outburst.

FreshRevenge

Oct 17, 2019
To be honest, I don't like the new look of Mari, before she look like a down to earth country girl and now she looks like a plastic doll for some reason.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Anybody having problems with the game crashing on launch, or the text being blurry, would you please try this solution?"

On the opening screen, press Shift+G. You'll get a screen that allows you to choose a different Renderer. Try using each of the three different renders there and see if one of them works correctly for you.

XCelesX

Jun 2, 2020
I wish there was a way to get the transgender character out and switch to a woman instead (switch to your preference). The character was kind of interesting with the short hair, but I'm really really really not into dudes no matter what. Kinda sad since I liked the design for a more tomboy character.

Reactions: User1230

punisher2099

Forum Fanatic
Feb 25, 2020
The character tracker thing says i indicated no romantic interest in Lisa but i have no idea why is it a bug?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Well hope to play the game again at some point as i think its a great game just sucks it doesnt play good with win 7 anymore
if everything else fails then there's always renpysdk or upgrading that win7 to win10 or installing win10 on virtual machinee.

However, if I didn't update Ren'Py, I wouldn't be able to release a 64-bit version of the game, which means that people with 64-bit Windows 10 would have problems with the game. So kind of a damned either way sort of thing.
how come? renpy has 64bit.exe and 32bit.exe (which "few" malware detectors tell that it's malware).

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
The character tracker thing says i indicated no romantic interest in Lisa but i have no idea why is it a bug?
Hmmm... good question. Early on or later in the game? Usually, if you comfort her and don't tell her off, you should be able to advance her story.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
When you come home in the evening and she is watching tv. She gets pretty distraught and iirc if you just sneak past her the game takes this as "not really interested". Super early in the game though, so if you did that a ctrl-skip-ahead-restart should take like a minute or so.

I think that is the only case where it doesn't explicitely warn you that this option will close the route. Not sure though, maybe you did something unexpected. :p

4.30 star(s) 109 Votes