Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Wow, didn't expect that. Thank you very much :).
Yeah, it's one of those "this should never happen" things. You shouldn't be able to increase her affection to 7 until she called you.
Did you, perchance, change that variable using the console? This would help with the bug hunt. :)

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Seems like two tags cause the majority of controversy here.
If the technical definition isn't working, maybe it's time to add new, more specific tags with technical definitions that people can agree upon.
No implied criticism - Good Luck with that. It's too reasonable.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
Seems like two tags cause the majority of controversy here.
If the technical definition isn't working, maybe it's time to add new, more specific tags with technical definitions that people can agree upon.
No implied criticism - Good Luck with that. It's too reasonable.
Part of the problem is "definitions that people can agree upon". There are some hot-button tags / fetishes that are always the cause of bickering on this site, regardless of the game or other thread where they're brought up. No matter how an official definition of a tag may or may not change, someone will always have a problem with it. "But it's not far enough to count" or "Technically, that doesn't apply in this case" will always be posted in various spots.

You're never going to get a consensus, and even if that were magically possible somehow, new people can always show up in the forums, renewing old arguments. Whether a definitions is technically accurate or not, the agreement you're suggesting just isn't going to happen. The best thing everyone can do is be fine with others expressing their views and to express one's own in a calm, respectful manner. Unfortunately, this is the Internet: most people (including me myself) at least slip sometimes and get caught up in emotion, if not deciding anonymity is license for toxicity.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
Part of the problem is "definitions that people can agree upon". There are some hot-button tags / fetishes that are always the cause of bickering on this site, regardless of the game or other thread where they're brought up. No matter how an official definition of a tag may or may not change, someone will always have a problem with it. "But it's not far enough to count" or "Technically, that doesn't apply in this case" will always be posted in various spots.

You're never going to get a consensus, and even if that were magically possible somehow, new people can always show up in the forums, renewing old arguments. Whether a definitions is technically accurate or not, the agreement you're suggesting just isn't going to happen. The best thing everyone can do is be fine with others expressing their views and to express one's own in a calm, respectful manner. Unfortunately, this is the Internet: most people (including me myself) at least slip sometimes and get caught up in emotion, if not deciding anonymity is license for toxicity.
  • NTR [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
Fairly straight forward definition.
Now if we could just define 'Romantic interest'. Is the married next door neighbor a romantic interest simply because she exists in the game?

Reactions: Criticaster

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
  • NTR [Designed to cause jealousy by having the romantic interest involved with someone other than the MC.]
Fairly straight forward definition.
Now if we could just define 'Romantic interest'. Is the married next door neighbor a romantic interest simply because she exists in the game?
And yet, people don't ever seem to agree whether there's NTR or not. This is exactly the point. The problems isn't that F95 hasn't defined how they apply the tag. The problem is that people come here, disagree with the F95 definition (or at least, how the tag gets applied), and then complain that a tag shouldn't be used.

It's not nearly as straightforward as you seem to think. Like you say in this example, what does "romantic interest" mean? Some people will say it includes people who only lust after the MC. Others will say it's only a romantic interest if both sides agree to be in a committed (including polyamorous) relationship. If this were as straightforward as you imply, there wouldn't be all of the disagreement and even fighting.

clowns234

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 2, 2021
And yet, people don't ever seem to agree whether there's NTR or not. This is exactly the point. The problems isn't that F95 hasn't defined how they apply the tag. The problem is that people come here, disagree with the F95 definition (or at least, how the tag gets applied), and then complain that a tag shouldn't be used.

It's not nearly as straightforward as you seem to think. Like you say in this example, what does "romantic interest" mean? Some people will say it includes people who only lust after the MC. Others will say it's only a romantic interest if both sides agree to be in a committed (including polyamorous) relationship. If this were as straightforward as you imply, there wouldn't be all of the disagreement and even fighting.
In a decimal system, 2 + 2 = 4, no matter how many people feel like it should be 5. They are wrong.
A better definition of 'romantic interest' would help alleviate the conflicts. That would have to come from F95.
Do you not agree that would help? Or no?

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
In a decimal system, 2 + 2 = 4, no matter how many people feel like it should be 5. They are wrong.
A better definition of 'romantic interest' would help alleviate the conflicts. That would have to come from F95.
Do you not agree that would help? Or no?
Shrug-Joey.gif

Honestly? I doubt it. Some people are always contrarians, and others believe they are always right. You'll always have those people, and depending on how many of existing complainers are those types, defining that more fully may or may not have any effect at all. I would hope so, but I feel like it's a pipe dream. For example, some people get angry if the MC has a LI and then the player sees them with another lover in their past, before they even met the MC. At the time they were with the other person, they were not yet a LI, yet people claim that they really were, though. If people can't even agree on that — a person isn't a LI until after they've met the MC — how would they accept F95's definition for that?

Not to mention, just b/c F95 defines something, as you've seen, doesn't mean people will accept the definition. You also are pretty much only focusing on one specific tag, but there are issues with other tags too. Among them, I've also seen several arguments over BDSM, loli, shota, futa/trans, and kinetic novel (vs. something being labeled only as a VN). I don't really think there's much that can (or will) be done.

Last edited:

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
1. like he said it was studying most of time.
2. dev has said that harem ending

see above.
harem is different from poly but it is all that I can ask for in games here. Thanks for the reply, there are so many mentions of harem that is a nightmare trying to find what the author said.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
harem is different from poly but it is all that I can ask for in games here. Thanks for the reply, there are so many mentions of harem that is a nightmare trying to find what the author said.
The game is definitely more poly than harem. The girls have their own desires and aren't just there for the MC's. Hope you're enjoying so far.

TundraLupus

Apr 8, 2020
The game is definitely more poly than harem. The girls have their own desires and aren't just there for the MC's. Hope you're enjoying so far.
I really am, I like how there is no griding and how the school and work stuff happens automatically, I like the characters as well and as I said I love that we have a bisexual/pan option, also loved to hear that, I much prefer poly or at least fully open relationships.

Last edited:

muerde

Sep 28, 2017
- How many hearts do you have with them?
- What do their hints say?

If you post your save here or in the #help-and-bugs channel in I could take a look.
with ms mills 1 heart but i finished all dialogues with her and the hearts number
cannot increase
with Kendra 6: going into the weekend to the park talk with her and nothing

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
with ms mills 1 heart but i finished all dialogues with her and the hearts number
cannot increase
One? That's not good. Would you mind posting your save? Maybe I can fix it and/or find what's wrong.

with Kendra 6: going into the weekend to the park talk with her and nothing
Hmmm... That means you haven't got her number yet either, right?

muerde

Sep 28, 2017
One? That's not good. Would you mind posting your save? Maybe I can fix it and/or find what's wrong.

Hmmm... That means you haven't got her number yet either, right?
yes i havent her number, but i have the kart date with her

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
Hi there. Was this a new game or an old save? If it was an old save, did you get past 1 heart with Mrs. Mills and then it reversed back to 1, or have you never gotten past 1 heart with her before?

Thanks! The Kendra bug is fixed and I'll be releasing an update soon - the Mills bug, I think I know what the issue is, but trying to get a bit more info.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: FunFuntomes

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I've reset the Kendra variables to 4 hearts (you'll have to go through the go-kart date again, sorry :D), which means next Saturday afternoon you can go to the park and choose to date her. She'll give you her number and everything should be fine.

Also I've changed a variable so you can get affection with Mrs Mills again.

Should work now. Thanks for finding the bugs! (y)

muerde

Sep 28, 2017
Hi there. Was this a new game or an old save? If it was an old save, did you get past 1 heart with Mrs. Mills and then it reversed back to 1, or have you never gotten past 1 heart with her before?

Thanks! The Kendra bug is fixed and I'll be releasing an update soon - the Mills bug, I think I know what the issue is, but trying to get a bit more info.
is an old save. In the old version mills dont appear in the hearts section

muerde

Sep 28, 2017
I've reset the Kendra variables to 4 hearts (you'll have to go through the go-kart date again, sorry :D), which means next Saturday afternoon you can go to the park and choose to date her. She'll give you her number and everything should be fine.

Also I've changed a variable so you can get affection with Mrs Mills again.

Should work now. Thanks for finding the bugs! (y)
it works thaks dude

4.30 star(s) 109 Votes