GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
Terrible solution, I don't like foot fetish, but if a character is interesting or has meaningful/entertaining interactions I might want to be able to experience it and I might even indulge in some foot fetish stuff to see it, even if is not my thing, if you force us to choice before even knowing the characters we are just seeing them as kinks with legs instead of actual characters.

Now if you are only talking about adding the setup screen to remove only the specific choices that will lead to the kink in question and not the whole character I gotta ask, do you like being treated like a toddler?, I prefer when the game trust Im an adult capable of understanding social cues/basic reading and presents the choice in a more immersive way, like characters talking about it and giving a nice heads up to see if I want to bail out or not.
It could be a screen that lists all fetishes and lets the player decide what they want to see. It wouldn't remove that character interaction, just any scenes with the fetish shown. I don't see it as being treated as a toddler. Just giving people the opportunity the play the game the way they like. But I also see and agree with your point about letting a conversation naturally flow to see if someone is up for that. Unfortunately, I've seen toddlers on this forum who don't even want the LI to even suggest such a thing. How dare they!? There's no one solution that will make everyone happy.

Reactions: TheDick69+

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
Oh that's easy

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
:ROFLMAO:

Now, of course there is no need to be 100% realistic, in fact, this game is pretty unrealistic if you ask me, or are you forgetting you are dating 19 women (and a guy) at the same time and all of them are cool with that?, literally zero consequences
I think the game manages to combine a ridiculous, but fun frame narrative (find dad in probably another universe with diamonds and meth) with mostly realistic characters who all have one unrealistic characteristic that enables us to play it as a harem game (of sorts). Also the more or less realistic attitude of Lisa and Suzy towards MC to please incest/stepcest fans like me. :cool:

It could be a screen that lists all fetishes and lets the player decide what they want to see. (...)
I can see RJ maybe doing something this in her next game. I cannot see her changing all her code of Come Home though. It's her first game and her learning curve is pretty impressive from what I've seen.
20 LI sandbox game without prior DAZ/Ren'Py experience? Sure thing. :LOL:

Reactions: TheDick69+

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I can see RJ maybe doing something this in her next game. I cannot see her changing all her code of Come Home though. It's her first game and her learning curve is pretty impressive from what I've seen.
20 LI sandbox game without prior DAZ/Ren'Py experience? Sure thing. :LOL:
I've taken a look at her code. I'm very surprised this is her first game. I wouldn't be surprised if she had prior experience with writing code, in general. It's very organized, with various functions and events separated into their own respective files. This isn't someone who just threw everything into a single script.rpy. So, I'm convinced if she felt it was worth it, she could do it no problem.

Deleted member 2744688

Come Home
Game Developer
Aug 18, 2020
I've considered what you're talking about. Putting a sort of option-out survey at the beginning of the game. The code, like you say, is not really that big of an issue.

It's more of what Kionashi said above - that if I give you the option up front to turn everything off, you might feel safer, but you might miss out on things that you could end up liking.

For instance - Adrian.

I'm sure, if I put an option at the beginning to turn off transgender content, there would be a lot of people who would choose that. That's fine. But I have received a lot of messages since Adrian came out, from people who said basically, "I didn't know that I was interested in that, but maybe I am?"

Basically, I'm not trying to push anything on anybody, but broadening horizons is a sort of goal of mine with the game. Things like sharing, transgender women, bisexual relationships, femdom, "daddy" talk -- among other options, including a couple of new ones in the upcoming update -- I'm hoping this will open some minds and maybe people will discover things that they might enjoy, that they didn't know they would enjoy. Or at least be more accepting of those things.

GetOutOfMyLab

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Aug 13, 2021
I've considered what you're talking about. Putting a sort of option-out survey at the beginning of the game. The code, like you say, is not really that big of an issue.

It's more of what Kionashi said above - that if I give you the option up front to turn everything off, you might feel safer, but you might miss out on things that you could end up liking.

For instance - Adrian.

I'm sure, if I put an option at the beginning to turn off transgender content, there would be a lot of people who would choose that. That's fine. But I have received a lot of messages since Adrian came out, from people who said basically, "I didn't know that I was interested in that, but maybe I am?"

Basically, I'm not trying to push anything on anybody, but broadening horizons is a sort of goal of mine with the game. Things like sharing, transgender women, bisexual relationships, femdom, "daddy" talk -- among other options, including a couple of new ones in the upcoming update -- I'm hoping this will open some minds and maybe people will discover things that they might enjoy, that they didn't know they would enjoy. Or at least be more accepting of those things.
It's definitely more important that you stay true to what you want to do with this. I'm totally fine with this as is, to be honest.

SinCityLocal

Sep 23, 2021
I have read several posts claiming Adrienne crashes are fixed, but the game crashes for me on this screen every time without fail. crash.png

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
I have read several posts claiming Adrienne crashes are fixed, but the game crashes for me on this screen every time without fail. View attachment 1523485
Damn this bug! :(
As a workaround I can offer you that you post your save, I skip a few screens ahead, save and give it back.
Seriously no idea why on rare occasions that specific scene crashes. Lookig at the code it shouldn't.
Anyway, thanks for reporting, it's high up on RJ's list.

Grimtown

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
May 23, 2020
RJ has a suspicion that it might be an issue with older or low-end graphics cards because there's too many large sprites showing and those cards may not be able to handle it. She's going to redo the screen without sprites, probably for the next (not the upcoming) update.
Fortunately it's a very rare thing.

4.30 star(s) 109 Votes