• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.
4.10 star(s) 123 Votes

DarkinScythe

Jun 10, 2018
Every detail that's on Patreon and Discord is already shared here. I know as much as anyone else in here but I still have a brain to differentiate between an honest man with flawed characteristics and a scammer like Gumdrop who gave multiple release dates and delivered nothing.
I don't think he is as honest as you think he is. I usually don't take part in discussions like this but I am genuinely curious about this. Also, I'm not a patron of his so all the information I have is what was shared here.

So, afaik he was supposed to release an update in October (a 200 renders update) but he made a poll to delay the update and promised a 400 render update in November, which he obviously wasn't able to do. It's almost the end of April and there is still no update. What I'm curious about is if he had a 200 render update ready by the end of October why did he make a poll to delay the update? Why not just release the update? I'm pretty sure if he had released that update in October he would not have to pause his patreon which would have benefited him a lot and his patrons would have been happy to get an update as well (I know that his patrons voted for a bigger update but that's because he promised to release it in November. I'm sure if his patrons knew that they would not get an update until April next year if they vote for a delay then most, if not all, of them would've voted to get the 200 render update in October). The only logical conclusion I can come up with is that he was lying about having a 200 render update ready in October and had nothing done by that point so he made that poll just to buy some time.

Like I said, all the information I have is what was shared here so please correct me if I'm wrong about something.

Last edited:

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
I don't think he is as honest as you think he is. I usually don't take part in discussions like this but I am genuinely curious about this. Also, I'm not a patron of his so all the information I have is what was shared here.

What I'm curious about is if he had a 200 render update ready by the end of October why did he make a poll to delay the update? Why not just release the update? I'm pretty sure f he had released that update in October he would not have to pause his patreon which would have benefited him a lot and his patrons would have been happy to get an update as well
I don't know if you know this but a lot of people complained about how short the last update was and that's what prompted the whole more renders/delays business. He thought maybe if he added more renders people would complain less but here we are complaining even more, even after he paused his Patreon to be fair to his patreons.

Banish

Mar 29, 2019
In november, he upgraded his computer, so you can decently pass that month. Even so, one could have expected that 400 render to at least come in January. Shit snowballed after that, that's why he cut his patreon. After that, just like Xumeey said.

Reactions: Xumeey

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
In november, he upgraded his computer, so you can decently pass that month. Even so, one could have expected that 400 render to at least come in January. Shit snowballed after that, that's why he cut his patreon. After that, just like Xumeey said.
Ah, yes, I remember him complaining about the new hardware on Discord and it took him a lot of time to get past that hurdle.

DarkinScythe

Jun 10, 2018
I don't know if you know this but a lot of people complained about how short the last update was and that's what prompted the whole more renders/delays business. He thought maybe if he added more renders people would complain less but here we are complaining even more, even after he paused his Patreon to be fair to his patreons.
Wouldn't a short update still be better than no update? Anyway, what you guys said makes sense so I'm gonna give the dev benefit of the doubt. I really hope he is an honest person because this game is one of the best on this site

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
Wouldn't a short update still be better than no update? Anyway, what you guys said makes sense so I'm gonna give the dev benefit of the doubt. I really hope he is an honest person because this game is one of the best on this site
So in your book, a delayed update is a no update?
Small update=faster update
Large update=slower update

People want a large update and faster update at the same time. You can't have both.

DarkinScythe

Jun 10, 2018

People want a large update and faster update at the same time. You can't have both.
What I meant was that he couldn't release a larger update in November like he promised in the poll so he could have released a short update in November instead (whatever he had done by then) which imo would have been better than releasing nothing

Reactions: fuckingfucker

byskup

Apr 26, 2017

Thread Updated: 2019-08-29
Release Date: 2019-08-28

OMG that is gonna be the biggest update of them all. If you'd have some real strong facts then I would waste time arguing with you. But no, I just announce facts and obvious things now and then:)

Xumeey

Apr 27, 2017
What I meant was that he couldn't release a larger update in November like he promised in the poll so he could have released a short update in November instead (whatever he had done by then) which imo would have been better than releasing nothing

Hey there.

So, the good news, i get the new PC.
But the bad news - the update will probably be postponed for technical reasons (the new PC already had more than 10 BSODs and I'm still solving this problem) and because I came up with more scenes than I had planned in the first place, in the course of development.

And also I'm just slow in creating scenes because of my perfectionism and A LOT of work in ZBrush. Maybe one day I will do a series of articles "How I create render / scene / new character" so people can understand how much time it really takes.
But I can't blame anyone, more than year ago, I also thought it would be easier than it really is.

And in order not to upset myself, I'm gonna take extra time to make an update the way I want it to be.
And not to upset you too much, I will pause the patreon next month.

My first delay, yaaay! Hope not the last one, hah?
Just kidding, sorry. =)
I realize how lucky I am to have all of you and your support.
But also I also realize how much work, effort and time I have invested at this moment.
And I do not want to ruin either one or the other.

I know that some people think developers are like, "Hmm, how do I get all the fans angry, lose trust and part of the support and whole income for next month? Oh, I know the solution, the delay!" But that's not how it works. =) I just want to make the update better than it is now. It will never be perfect, but...
Yes, a lot of people are waiting for an update, and this is also part of the problem.
I'm just as human as you are and I'm afraid of overestimating expectations.

I've seen cases where one update could make a part of the audience angry and distract, and I'm afraid it will happen to me. I'm trying to make the episode more intense, more extensive, and with more "content".
I know that somebody will write after update release that "not enough, and this I've been waiting for four months, meh, too short", but at least I'll know I've done everything I can.
So I'd rather lose part of my audience now than most or all of the time after a bad update.

Perhaps I should have done everything according to the original plan 2/3 in October and 3/3 in December, and not to try to chase the speed of updates, but... Next time i'll be smarter.

And the last thought, delay doesn't mean, "Well, now I'll create MEGA SUPER update!!11", nope, it's just "I'm gonna make it what it's supposed to be, in the way I see it."
Don't overstate your expectations.

I'm afraid to say new dates, so the update will be released when it's ready.
By the way, don't forget, that you can tell me how upset you are, personally at the
This is how he explained why he delayed the update and his patreons had no problem with it. If you believe the way he's handling his work is not correct then maybe you should talk to him instead.

GregIsLove

Apr 19, 2020
why is the timer on the sketchbook so fast... D: Does anyone have a love route save just after the sketchbook scene ? <3

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 123 Votes