4.10 star(s) 123 Votes

SubtleHustle

May 11, 2017
Been a few months since unwatching this thread, wanted to check for new wallpapers. Didn't see any but I noticed the thread got itself a new wallpaper, if you will.

kaken

Oct 12, 2017
Maybe i am wrong, but i see new milestones on patronite? Less people pay for them, and they do first milestone -

"$463.65 of $500 per month

When i reach this goal that means people like my game and will continue the development."

I don't like it. Pay more or we don't do anything, but we like to milk you when milestone isn't completed. I waiting for new patrons, and then milestone will be higher...

Reactions: Among Us

byskup

Apr 26, 2017
A good essay and is on point, but it doesn't change the fact that actual development of the game has stopped long time ago and this thread has turned into a poison factory, so anybody who uses this site to get the information about this game would get the idea about the state of the game in two seconds, even without any status tags. I wasn't trying to belittle f95 as an information source, what I meant is that this "abandoned" tag is strangely overhyped, considering the actual situation.
I think you missed the point man. The idea about the abandoned tag is to prevent most of the people to be scammed. I see he posted 30th November on Patreon which most of the people would consider the game is still in development. However if they ever reach this forum (and the fan base grows every day) there is very high chance they either stop their sub or they never ever sub to this scammer.
Obviously there still will be delusional people, however most people would be alerted :)

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
I think you missed the point man. The idea about the abandoned tag is to prevent most of the people to be scammed. I see he posted 30th November on Patreon which most of the people would consider the game is still in development. However if they ever reach this forum (and the fan base grows every day) there is very high chance they either stop their sub or they never ever sub to this scammer.
Obviously there still will be delusional people, however most people would be alerted :)
Glad to see someone share my thoughts. I don't know how many times I said this. The white knights think we just want the abandonned tag for our own satisfaction, but in the end, it's only to prevent potential new pledgers to get fooled and give their cash to someone who doesn't deserve it. Anyway, you said it in a better way than myself. ;)

Grizloy

May 3, 2019
Well, I'm glad that we have dark knights like you, but guys, don't you think that you're seeing these "potential pledgers" as some sort of degenerates? I mean, it's extremely easy to check the latest release date on his patreon and put to two and two together. It's the first thing that comes to mind when you're subscribing to something, no? And if somebody throws their money at something like this, then either they know what they getting into (wallpapers) or they're kind of people who sign the contracts without actually reading them.
And to people who probably can't read, I'll say it in simple words - I've never said that abandoned tag is unneeded or that f95 isn't an info source or whatever else. No need to explain me that. What I said is that amount of hype from that tag and hatred towards the author is strangely overblown, especially considering that this guy gets meager 500$ per month from his 100 patrons for feeding them with wallpapers - around the same as some other abandoned (literally abandoned) projects get - for example Onerglossi, who disappeared from the face of the Earth two years ago but until recently he had around as much income (but even now he has 26 patrons with at least 130$). Without mentioning the fact that there are even shittier scammers who make dozen times of what this guy gets. And just in case, again - in simple words: I'm not defending this guy, he's a scammer and the "abandoned" tag is deserved. No need to explain me that. Ok?
And then there's also people who believe that this "abandoned" tag will spur some burst of creativity from the author and make him actually work on the game out of fear of losing the audience and income...

4.10 star(s) 123 Votes