ray3dave

May 12, 2017
First off thanks for your feedback. If you replay the game it will boring for sure since you have already seen the content.
I can confirm that the earlier part of the game probably has less content density then the later parts.
And I agree it can be a bit tedious at some point it depends somewhat on the players choices.

I don't know which version you played previously, but I can tell you that it was even worse in earlier versions.
I've already made several changes to help skip events/things and minimize walking around. Such as:

-Bus stops on every map to reduce walking.
-An event skip option that allows you to skip the library event job, webcam event and other stuff, but it hasn't been implemented for all event yet.
-There's actually a way to skip classes from week 2 by stepping into the glowing circle outside at the garage.
-Changes in the flyer job to minimize walking around.
-Is that still not enough you can use the cheat items to skip part of the days or lower May shame.

I know it far from perfect, but at least it works for now.
I might end up adding more content to that part of the game and/or rearranges things.
To be fair I simply don't have the time right now to give much attention to that part the game right now.

Also while I always appreciate feedback and I don't want to sound ungratefull it would be helpful to be as specific as possible.
Right now I'm only reading what looks like a lot of frustration (which might be understandable) and terms as other stuff and annoying but it really doesn't tell me what you mean with stuff etc..
Sorry, Crazybat, I just noticed I kind of left you hanging here. As I said I am a fan of the game but found it annoying at the same time. You asked me to specify, which I overlooked. Sorry again for that.

Now: As I said I started a new game, because I like to get the feel of a game and I remembered how much I liked it how you developed the whole story. I don't want to start in the middle of a game with a save, of course this is useful. Anyway, I started new. So... Let's take the job at the bibliotheque for example. I did that on a more or less daily basis. Did you ever count how many clicks the routine takes? Did you take in account how many times you have to do just the same routine until some new content appears? Counted the clicks? Same goes for the job with the flyers, the scenes at the beach, and, yes, sorry, I'd like to say with most of the content. Actually you just have to play through the stuff to advance and there is absolutely no choice what to do if you want to open new stuff, just click through that stuff again and again until you reach the next stage. Another question is, why implement school if you soon start skipping it for lack of content?

Your ideas are just great, I love all (!) story elements, but just to get there does not really seem entertaining. To put it differnetly, it seems to me that the "game" consists of "do the library stuff x times to achieve the next step", "do the beach stuff x times to...", do the boy friend / guy from school you learn with x times..." and so on. And there is no other way to get ahead, if I get it right. Now you might say, that this could be said about quite a lot of games out here, but does that make it better? Your game stands out because of your great story ideas, but that does not make the gameplay more appealing, at least for me.

I really apreciate your work, please don't get me wrong, I've had my fun with the story. Just my opinion and trying to be more specific about my frustration with Coming of Age, which could be much better.
Greetings and thanks!

Baemz

Sep 10, 2017
Hey Crazybat I encountered a nasty little bug, if you meet gina at the beginning of the game in front of the clothing store(buying bikini) you get stuck if you talk to the shopowner and say "no". you cant use the changing room any more/the sparkles just vanished, also the shopkeeper doesnt ask you again if you want to buy the bikini. basicly you get locked with gina and cant procced any further. i added my save just in case you need it

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Hey Crazybat I encountered a nasty little bug, if you meet gina at the beginning of the game in front of the clothing store(buying bikini) you get stuck if you talk to the shopowner and say "no". you cant use the changing room any more/the sparkles just vanished, also the shopkeeper doesnt ask you again if you want to buy the bikini. basicly you get locked with gina and cant procced any further. i added my save just in case you need it
Thaxs for letting me know and uploading the save game I'll have a look at it.

Reactions: Baemz

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I've found the problem and fixed it. It was a simple case of forgetting to add a certain command.
I fixed some grammar and spelling mistake too while I was at it.
I guess nobody ever said No before during that conservation before.
This bug must be in there for quite a long time. Anyways thanks again for reporting it.

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
I second what people say above, in addition I'm happy to watch MAY fall into the ever deepening depths of sluttery.
I hope Dev takes further that exhibitionist outdoor photographic contest, in my opinion one of the best events of the game to date.

If there is a game it needs to be recoded to Ren'Py, this one is it.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Sorry, Crazybat, I just noticed I kind of left you hanging here. As I said I am a fan of the game but found it annoying at the same time. You asked me to specify, which I overlooked. Sorry again for that.

Now: As I said I started a new game, because I like to get the feel of a game and I remembered how much I liked it how you developed the whole story. I don't want to start in the middle of a game with a save, of course this is useful. Anyway, I started new. So... Let's take the job at the bibliotheque for example. I did that on a more or less daily basis. Did you ever count how many clicks the routine takes? Did you take in account how many times you have to do just the same routine until some new content appears? Counted the clicks? Same goes for the job with the flyers, the scenes at the beach, and, yes, sorry, I'd like to say with most of the content. Actually you just have to play through the stuff to advance and there is absolutely no choice what to do if you want to open new stuff, just click through that stuff again and again until you reach the next stage. Another question is, why implement school if you soon start skipping it for lack of content?

Your ideas are just great, I love all (!) story elements, but just to get there does not really seem entertaining. To put it differnetly, it seems to me that the "game" consists of "do the library stuff x times to achieve the next step", "do the beach stuff x times to...", do the boy friend / guy from school you learn with x times..." and so on. And there is no other way to get ahead, if I get it right. Now you might say, that this could be said about quite a lot of games out here, but does that make it better? Your game stands out because of your great story ideas, but that does not make the gameplay more appealing, at least for me.

I really apreciate your work, please don't get me wrong, I've had my fun with the story. Just my opinion and trying to be more specific about my frustration with Coming of Age, which could be much better.
Greetings and thanks!
Thaxs for expanded explanation. I figured out that much from you first post. I've nothing really to add as my first response already went quite deep into the subject. It's easy to point at what's wrong, replacing it with something else is a tad more dificult.

In the end I think I always boils down to personal preferences. I'm aware it can be bit of a grind, and I always look for ways to optimize things, but I won't be making any major changes in the short run. I rather have something that I know kind of works, then spend months on reworking the complete core mechanism of the game without knowing upfront if it will actually improve things in the long run. (That assuming I've actaully a got an idea/design to change it into something else. (which I don't have atm.)

Reactions: ray3dave

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I second what people say above, in addition I'm happy to watch MAY fall into the ever deepening depths of sluttery.
I hope Dev takes further that exhibitionist outdoor photographic contest, in my opinion one of the best events of the game to date.

If there is a game it needs to be recoded to Ren'Py, this one is it.
Good to hear that you're enjoying the game.

I'm assuming your the willing volunteer, with knowledge of python and a couple of hunder hours of free time in the upcoming year to covert the game to Ren'py :sneaky:

Reactions: Kyril87

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Hi Guys,

A quick update on the development.

These last two weeks my focus have been on migrate the game over to the new HD version.
I figured that I really didn't want to maintain two versions. Keeping the code sync between them is a really pain in the ass.
And trying to do this bit by bit would probably take forever and drag out the issue of keeping the code similar and thus eat up more time and lead to more bugs in the end. Since I have some leave I've had some more time to work on this and decided to bite the bullet and get this done asap.

While I still had most of all the original CG some have been lost in transition and had to be remade.
In a very few cases I just upscaled the missing image to the new resolution to save some time.

While the resolution has been increased I've managed to keep the size about the same by compressing the JPG files a bit more.
(I lowered quality from 100 to 95).
It should barely be visible. I could probably lower it even a bit more if needed, but I want to keep the quality as good as possible and I'm still looking for the best balance between file size and quality.

In order to make sure the HD version (Resolution increased to 1280X960) runs properly I've decided to do another test run from the start of the game.
This process was even more time consuming and frustrating then my original estimate. While testing the first few days I had a crash like 5 -8 times every day, due to missing or renamed CG. That eased up a bit as I progressed.

During all this testing I also ended up making some optimization for the library Job and fixing bugs, that I ran into.
I've also fixed some grammar/spelling mistakes of some events. I stopped doing that for now in order not to slow this whole process even further.

After doing that a couple of days in a row I decided that I needed a break and added a new event involving a female family member. (I don't want to spoil to much.)

The idea of this event has been haunting me for a while now, but never got around to implement it.
I've actually been inspired by a similar scene I saw in another game. It takes place a bit earlier in the game, so don't expect too much hardcore stuff, but I think it turned out quite hot!

I'm back at testing now and I'm now around 49 shame with May now, so I still have a bit to go.
After that I'll go back to working on adding more content.

Cheers,

Crazybat

Last edited:

rKnight

Devoted Member
Jun 12, 2017
I'm assuming your the willing volunteer.
what mood of yours!, a pity shame, I'm not the chosen one to this glory, Buddy. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit: It's great to know that there will be HD graphics in the next release. (y)

Last edited:

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
@Crazybat, Any news on how stuff is coming along? Excited for new stuff :)
A quick update. I finished testing the HD version. Slightly revised the new event with the family member. (added a few cg)
I added another fist new event in a new event chain from the principle.

I've finished editing/rounding up the new modeling event.
Took a bit longer, since I ended up using quite a few CG.

I eventually made the choice to cut the modeling event a bit shorter then I original intended.
I had intended a small addition after the main shoot, but it would probably take too much time to be able to finish that.

I am now running the last testrun from the intented save point for 1.1 to see if everything is working as intended and the new events are triggered properly. After that's done just some small polish/checks before I release it.
I'm aiming for a release this week assuming I don't run into any major issue's.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
I'll leave this here and hope I didn't break too much in the new version. RTP is included.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Link updated Version1.1.2:

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 39 Votes