Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Crazybat

Re: "thank you" - you're welcome. (May vs. Mia - my bad, meant May, typed Mia.)

Re: Spelling - I have no complaints. Just advising. I find later scenes have far less spelling problems, though still a few.

Re: Spelling vs. grammer - There are (just a few) instances in which sentence structure doesn't get perfectly conveyed in translation, as adverbs and adjectives sometimes don't translate well for speakers not fluent in the pertinent languages. Not a deal-breaker.

Re: Repeated lines - this is more a problem involving the coding of text strings, and seems to be a more prominent problem in later scenes. ( I am currently in week 6, day 1. )

Re: Lampposts - not lampposts specifically; I get the avatar having to detour around a building as part of gameplay. But if I want to go from front door of home, to elderly neighbor, can choose to enter street, make a right turn, then a left. If I try direct, have to divert around home door landscaping, tree, more landscaping. Other example - access to beachfront cafe requires diverting around objects unnecessarily. Understand desire to make map "alive", but IMHO, this contributes to player complaints about "grind".

Re: Saved games - Given I have started a new game from scratch, not a problem for me. HOWEVER, a player starting from a save game from you, from a prior version, is "trusting', so player may play through several game weeks before encountering a problem to report. This may create some confusion as to underlying problem. Thought I would mention to you to minimize your diversion from game development to bug-tracking.

Re: Shame cheats - appreciate the insight. Now have less concern, MY current game is bugged. Still think the cheat items should not be available in-game for a general distribution, if they can be used on a save game from an earlier version. Same concern as above.

Re: Quest log - Mine is a new game from v1.1.3 Quest track for hot, fitful sleep show "See nurse" in green (have done it), but "Masturbate" in white (have done it). Same - "Visit Gym" - "Objectives": "Get work out clothes" - done (green); "Work out at gym" - done (3 times - green) "Check out gym" - done (have job,worked 4 times - white). Does that imply that there is something I've missed in working out, or something I've missed in working, or just irrelevant? Yes, that is confusing.

Re: Event guide - "At the end of week two Gym should open up. You can then go to gym near the beach." Some of the earlier posts, IMHO, are confusing what may be (haven't hit the event yet) the building in the lower corner behind the beach changing house, as a gym. I think it is a massage parlor. Correct me, if I'm wrong.

Re: Event chains vs. Stats - appreciate the insight.

Related bug report - got msg from Mia about package pickup, at same time May concerned about shaving. Went to Mia, led to shaving event, which I had expected later, assuming involved "massage parlor". After event, back to Mia to talk about package pickup. Prior to shaving event, got game warning about photo shoot being bypassed, available through recollection. Chose to continue. Next photo shoot became available, no talk of May's bush. Sometime later, got call to have Daniel's 2nd visit (May looses virginity). When Daniel looks up from under bed, sees May is unshaven, hit enter for next scene, game crashed with "No bitmap" error. Restarted from just prior save game, game continues at same point, no error, but in subsequent Daniel visit scenes, May is unshaven.

Re: "Pantie-less days" - wasn't asking for more panty stealing, just ability for May to go pantie-less. Good to know its coming.

Re: Stats - At my current point in game, balcony exhibition point gone, only map points available are city center behind clothing store & and bench in park, in evening. Current stat is exhibition=24. Prior to 2nd Daniel visit, behind clothing store point gave game notice "Event conclusion after body changes to May". (I paraphrase.) I assumed May losing virginity, because later stats increment. BUT, park bench point no longer increments, even if May is pantie less, probably because am in stage 2 of photo exhibition contest. Should still count, even if only fractionally. Additionally, once May starts wondering about her exhibitionism, manhole encounters, depending on player intentions, may become deliberate, and should increment stat, if only fractionally, as are not full-scale events. Accidental exposures, like "fork drop" shouldn't count, but IF May exposes deliberately to family member in front of TV, especially if pantie-less, it should count. Also, some exposures should increment more. E.g. Photo contest boob shot in convenience store=1, photo contest pussy shot in college men's room=1.5, photo contest "full monty" in cafe=2. At my current game point, raising exhibition stat is becoming difficult. Webcam show should probably increment more. Suggest you widen exhibition opportunites to other day periods besides evening. As her tendencies grow, opportunities should be more prevalent, not less. My opinion, given some events require strict stats.

A final query: though I have used neither one, the use of the "Dayswitcher" item seems self-evident, though it says "one block" (a full day of four time periods, or one time period?) The "Sceneskipping" item is less evident. The Event Guide warns against using it within an event or a job. How is it correctly used? Specifically?

Personal note. Am high IQ senior citizen with some wisdom, not post-pubescent teen looking for titillation. I get your art, your self-satisfaction, not monetary motivation. However, game concept itself is highly geared toward many areas of sexual activity. Lesbianism not one of my fetishes, but don't avoid it, though I also don't seek it out. While I would not object to including other fetishes, would suggest a little more balance towards hetero-sexualism, as game seems mostly about young teen experimentation.

Despite all the above, great game, great work, keep it up!

P.S. Is new update (referenced in prior post) available from page 1, and compatible with saves from v1.1.3?
Quest log: I the test run that I did all the Quest trackers worked fine. There might me some bugs with in that I haven't come across though. Just keep in mind that the state of the quest tracker (in case it's bugged) doesn't affect the game itself.
So if you're sure you've done the events already it might just be a bug with the quest tracker.

Event guide:

You are correct the house above the changing cabin is the massage palor. The Gym is the building on the right side just as you enter the map. You have prob figured that out by now.

Related bug report:

That's one of these "bugs" that happens because of lowers shame too fast. Both the Mia and shaving quest are triggered at the same time. Mia quest is triggered at 57 and Shaving at 55. I might need to put these a bit further apart.
Since it concerns the same NPC only one Event can be active at the same time.
Since the shaving event has "higher prio" it's get processed first. Both events will be processed properly regarding of the order.
I'll think about making some changes. I could perhaps change the order so that the Mia quest gets processed first.

As for the warning for when the shaving event is triggered. It's just to give you a heads up you can either go through the shaving process intimidatingly or talk to Mia later. Depending on you choice you get to see the shaven/non-shaven variant of the modeling event. Both variants are available for viewing afterwards in the recollection room.

Stats - Some events only raise exhibition point once. (Park event) while other are increments and you will get a message when a certain increment event won't raise exhibition anymore. By only repeating the webcam events you are able to increase the exhibition up to 37 I believe. There only a small pause if you've already reach the max exhibition point when May still has a bush. After the shaving event more stages open up to increase her exhibition again.

A final query:

The scene skipping is not a cheat as such, but a feature. some of the events can be skipped after a certain condition has been met. Seen the event once.. etc. When scene skipping is enabled you will be asked at the start of the event if you would to skip the event. You will still get the money/stats/etc but you won't have to watch it again.

It only works for a few repeating events so far. Library job and webcam event. I made it optional so players who aren't interested in this feature aren't forced to answer yes or no every time they start the event which might be annoying.

The saves are compatible, but someone might require to replay from a certain earlier scene, because stuff was added to that scene. Or in case a bug has slipped a particular version.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Crazybat
Still haven't figured it out, but got past it. Too many permutations, no tools.

In the first new game I played, didn't realize Daniel was hiding in corner of library for several weeks, so already had normal week 2, day 1, Monday dialogue with Lucy about dress ordered, and no problem with evening/night cycle.

In this new game, I was more efficient with my time, and met Daniel in library twice before Saturday night Mia masturbation, so on Sunday morning, Mia kissing practice was immediate after "confrontation" with May about Mia masturbation. Everything seemed normal until end of shift at library, with notice of dress ordered, and subsequent nightfall bug. Bulled through to Tuesday afternoon library shift, still hadn't picked up dress, and nightfall bug recurred at end of shift. Aborted out of game, loaded prior saves, no luck getting past Monday nightfall bug, but didn't check Tuesday.

After tearing hair out, went to new game. Same results.

Shutdown game, other apps, re-booted. New game, avoided second meeting Daniel, until after Mia "confrontation". Same nightfall bug on Monday end of shift. This time, continued through Tuesday, but bought dress before library shift. Problem gone.

Problem now in your hands. Still have some saves if needed, but you might be able to replicate it with above info.

P.S. Having re-lived first week numerous times, still noting some text errors. Would be willing to proof-read your text scripts, and correct misspellings, typos, capitalizations, punctuations, and grammatical errors for you. I have excellent skills in that area. You would still have to import the corrections into game. If interested, we can work something out.
Not sure what this nightfall bug means exactly.. I did made some changes to the library event in the last version.
It seems it's related to buying the new outfit.
I haven't had any reports of any issues so far. But a bug might have slipped in somehow. If you could provide me those saves I can have a look at the issue.

Update:
I had a quick look at the code and I think I have already found the problem. When the 2nd outfit option becomes available a part of the code is executed twice which mean 2 time "blocks" are skipped instead of one. Also when the 2nd outfit is bought it suppose to skip ahead to a certain part of the
code, but it's not correctly defined makes me wonder how this was working at all. Anyways I can confirm that it's a bug that's related to the changes that I made to this event in the last release.

I'll consider your offer. The problem I'm having it that I need a more effective way of extracting/inserting the text.
The only way it can be done by default is open the text box copy/paste. rinse repeat, which is beside annoying very time consuming..

Last edited:

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Crazybat
Suggestions to lessen grind & Potential Bug:

May should (initially) awaken in her sleepwear, not casual clothes, IF there is an event in the bathroom. Then player has a hint that showering is unnecessary, unless player is fond of the shower scenes. Player can then choose bath towel or casual clothes, i.e. skip bathroom event or not.

Are the scene cuts for the flyer distribution job, involving changing clothes at the clothing shop, after the first costume changes, really necessary?

Unless there is an event involving end of job, is it necessary to report at end of shift, change, and come back for pay?

I get the reasoning behind top picture overlay, showing which outfit May is wearing, but:
1) On second floor of home, using "d" twice(?) should kill it completely, but crossing the divider to the center of the house returns the pic? Why? (Also, hallway divider is map detour condition.)
2) Unless there has been a costume change, once killed, does it need to pop back up when you change map, or move to a new time zone within the day?

Another map detour example: after talking to Jake, and entering studio, player must walk May around props to changing room. Why?

(Minor problem, my hardware: no contrast between "glitter" RPG interaction spot, and white floors, beach sand, toilets, etc. Easy to miss "glitter".)

Another map detour example: Align May's clothes dresser with her bedroom door.

Are all home bathroom events in morning during weekend? If so, unnecessary bathtub "glitter" hint at night, if visit to bathroom not needed. (Have started a new game from scratch, with no cheats. Writing as I play. As the developer, your play testing is different from a player's. You know the game, having written it.)

Possible bug: Saved week 1, day 7, night, after Mom caught in shower (morning). Went to beach in morning, Library in afternoon, Flyers (sailor) in evening. Week 2, day 1, morning; Mia teaches kissing, went to college, then Library. End of day, Lucy's panties, told dress ordered, paid , change, back to Lucy, pay, change, allowed to leave, and is night, not evening. Reloaded save game, found myself at top of stairs, 1 step, Mia kissing practice (Sunday, week 1, day 7, night, before entering May's room), after kissing practice, avatar in room, slept, did Monday, Library problem repeats.

Tried it again. Took bus from college to city center, altered route to library. Stopped at Garret (afternoon), went to clothing store, asked about job, turned down, went to library. Worked shift, Lucy's panties, told of dress (in dialogue, noted extraneous "n[1]"), paid, told to return to Lucy, change, find avatar at front door, dialogue "Let's get changed!" still on screen, hit enter, dialogue disappears, new dialogue "I'm done for today. Let's get out of here.", hit enter, scene changes to night. Will continue game, and Home to sleep. Query: In "Readme", advises "instant dialogue" may cause missed events. Assumed you may have fixed this prior to v1.1.3 so turned it on this game. Related? Is this am RPGM problem, or "Coming of Age" problem?

Went home (night), in room overwrote save, slept, Tue - college, then library, reminded about dress, then "let's change!" / nightfall bug repeats. Shutting down game, reloading save for start of Mon. afternoon after class to see if it happens again. Yep, file bugged.

Going to try week 1, day 3 save to see if still a problem. This time I saved after every event, still got Monday nightfall after library shift. Am paid twice, first $20, then $25. Either game has a bug, or my week 1, day 3 save is bugged. Currently have a total of 8 saves, 1st: week 1, day 1; 2nd: week 1, day 2; 3rd: week1, day 3; above file. Don't know if bug goes back to 1st & 2nd saves, and would have to replay week's events again anyway, so am starting new game. Will save current save files if problem re-occurs for your inspection.

OK, fresh game, same problem. Am somewhat burnt out from playing the first week events over and over to see where the problem is, and can't find it. Thought it was because I managed to work for Garret on Day 1. Not the problem. Only thing left to try is not meeting Daniel at library 2nd time, so Mia kissing practice does not happen immediately after Mia comes to May in morning after Mia masturbation. Let me know if want save files, or of fix if bug reported in past.

Current stats, no cheats:

Week 2, Day 1 - $270; Shame = 92; Lust = 70;Confidence = 5; Corruption = 0;Sex experiences = 1;Exhibitionism = 0

Events seen: Gina Beach; 1st visit Nurse; College gym; Daniel Library 1; 1st Model shots; Mom in shower; Daniel Library 2; 1st Photoshoot; Mia masturbation; Mia confrontation; Mia kissing practice

Job events: Western outfit thrice; Sailor outfit once; Lucy's panties thrice (even tried not looking last time! Also turned off Instant Text before entering library. No joy!)

Think that's everything. Will try avoiding Daniel to see if the problem.

May does awaken in her sleepware, however I created a feature so she will get dressed inmidialty saving a trip to the dresser picking out her clothes.
This was done delibertly te reduce the repearing actions and thus the grind.

The shower event is totally optional and can be ignored completly. Mind you it was mandatory at the start of the game, but I already decided quite soon it was only a waste of time.

Coming back for her pay is only present in some of the older events, this has to do how the event was initial created and my lack knowlegde on how to do this more efficient.
As you might have noticed this doesn't occor in the newwer events and will be changed for some of the older events at some point.

I'm already aware of the issue with the standing picture. I've already made some change so then pressing d is only needed once, and implemented the option to disable it complely without it popping back up.

About the detour in the studio, Ive had no complains about it really, but I've removed those chairs.

The glitter is only available in one color by default. I might consider editing the graphics at some point so it becomes more appereant.

There are only a few bathroom events that light up when activated at the bath and one hidden one in the morging that needs to be triggered when walking inside.
The rest are optional ones. Shower can be triggered at any time.

Possible bug:
I think this is the same one you talked about in you other post?
Then so I'll be waiting for those saves.

It Might be related to the instant text speed.
If it is it's not fixable at least not for me. It's a combinations of the text skip script that actives when pressing down crtl that seems to skip choices sometimes.

Unfortunately you're posting faster then I have the time to respond to them.

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Sorry, I've never had anyone having this issue, not did I have ever experience this issue my self.
Look like an error RPM maker is generating.

I found this link with gives more info.

Perhaps the archive is corrupted? Are you playing the compressed version by any chance?
I don't remember the error numbers, but have had this error twice:

1) Daniel 2nd visit (May loses virginity) after shaving event. Re-started from prior save & event happened, but with May unshaven.

2) Mom visits May's room for lesbian sex. Same as above - restart from save, completes.

My personal opinion - not a bug in Crazybat game - RPGM or OS bug.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Crazybat

First, let me make a few points:

1) Still reading thru this thread, so you may have addressed this before.

2) I truly appreciate your work, and intend this as CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.

3) Most of those interested in this game probably knew your intent was a slow build of changes to the MC's character. I know its your game, your work, your self-satisfaction, but you have put it out to others. If they complain it is too slow, mayhaps you should think about it.

4) As the developer, YOU are NOT the best play tester. You wrote it; revised it, know what to look for and expect. Even those who have played earlier versions, or the same version several times do not have your insight into the game.

Having said that , I agree with most of what DuDraig posted. Though my stats are different from his, I am at a similar point. He is not looking to be spoon-fed, but guided. (Again, perhaps warn of a break in your scheduled update plan, and do some work on a scene or events guide. I expect it would be greeted as warmly as a game update.)

The caps on shame at the library and clothing store seem artificial. Yes, you can grind at the cafe, but perhaps shame decrease should be doubled, or allow a second shift, same day.

Again, the caps on exhibition seem artificial. Examples: Flashing crotch in park - gets May horny, but doesn't add to exhibition stat. There are ways to add to her lust stat everywhere. Additionally, I find it hard to believe May would not remember whether she was pantie-less, at this or at manholes (add a choice, deliberate or not?). Deliberate pantie-less exhibition at the park should increment the stat at least double the value with panties. As I stated before, once May begins to question her exhibitionism, she would in real-life seek out (possibly) new opportunities, so they should become more prevalent, not less.

As to a 'sandbox' game, I didn't know what that meant, either, until your post gave me context.

The 'shaving' event: Though I have yet to see all the content in v1.1.3 (don't know what is there, as no real info available, unless it is addressed later in this thread, which many players will never see), game progression seems tied to it, yet no guide as to when or where it is to occur. I sort of expected it at the massage parlor, and was surprised when the Mia event unfolded. That surprise is a good thing in the game, but once again, the MC can't initiate things directly. If she is thinking about shaving, there should be a way for her to advance that. I noticed that much of her inner dialogue in my first new game (with cheats) was about she & others commenting on her hairiness. In my second run-through (cheat-less), which I am now playing, knowing more about the game, much of that portion of the dialogue seems to be gone. Does that mean her shaving event will be delayed, and I must grind for it to occur? (Even in my many attempts to find the evening/nightfall bug at week 2, day 1, end of library shift I mentioned, it was difficult to remember the order of first week events, not knowing what was connected to what.) When the exhibition event in the city center alley capped out, with a cryptic message about "changes to her body", I assumed Daniels taking her virginity, not shaving. While solving problems is part of any gameplay, players need guidance. If a player can't find an answer, being human, they will toss the game. I don't think that is your intent.

The Daniel home events: again, no way for the MC to initiate events. At the least, she should be able to find his avatar in a classroom, and be seductive.

You mentioned at DuDraig's point in game, he has probably missed some opportunities. Does the game have a penultimate goal? Or is it just open-ended? There is no way for the player to know which events lead to any given goal, other than a player's instinct to say 'yea' or 'nay' to a given prospective porn event. If a player is moving away from a central goal or event, there should be more than one way to get back to that. At that point, he (or she) then has a chance to re-capture game progression to that goal or event. In life, a missed opportunity can disappear forever. In a game, that should be a critical developer choice. Is the player screwed permanently, or not?

Enough said. Food for thought?

P.S. A suggestion for future events: May appears to be something of a voyeur. Given her exhibitionism, it is not inconceivable she would try to explore these fetishes together. Naked peeping?

3) You seem to assume that I havn't done that already..I've already had plenty of thoughts about it, and I've already made many (small) changes in earlier versions and I'll continue to make small changes.

But I won't be making any big changes yet! simply, because these changes are complex and effect the core game play and might end up breaking more then they fix.
Not to mention they require a lot of time and thus need careful planning and consideration before implementing.

I've already been thinking about introducing a option to double lowering shame for May's job, but have hold that off simply because there is a big chance that people will run into some the problems that you've experienced when using these items to lower her shame faster.

4) I'm perfectly aware of that fact. The caps on shame/exhibition and those of the library job and clothing store are artificial. That's how it was designed.
The idea is that moving move on to another job leading to more sexy/sexual encounter and provide some change to the players.

As May shames lowers, it would make no sense that her shame would still be lowered by things she has already grown accustomed too.
Thus she needs to have new experiences to lower her shame further. That the idea behind it at least.

They are made artificial so that I have some control on the flow of events and not that May is already walking around naked while still being ashamed when picking up a fork..

Judging from your previous post you've already passed the shaving event. That the event referred too when May shaves her bush.
It isn't mention inside the guide I see. I probably did this to avoid spoilers, but I might need to add a section for that to clear things up.

The goals is just to seek out sexual encounters. And the idea is there will be several ending that can be triggered at the end.
The choices in the event are mostly cosmetic and slight stats changes.

Saying no is just to give players an option to skip a particular event if there not into it so that they're not forced to watch it.
In a few cases that might lead to that the follow up events in the same event chain are not triggered anymore.
Although I try to avoid that later option.

Last edited:

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019

Unfortunately you're posting faster then I have the time to respond to them.
I am old, but self-aware. I know I've monopolized the last 2 pages, so I will try to consolidate it all into 1 reply. Like every other human on earth, I am impatient. Still, "Patience is a Virtue!", and I try to practice it. On the other hand, despite the current trend in social media, brevity is simply a talent. Not every complex thought can be adequately stated in 140 characters. Point being, don't rush to respond to my posts. I'm in no hurry.

Your time management: Just advice, ignore if you choose. (I'm old, you're getting older - time is precious.) Have reached about page 86, this thread. As others have, my compliments on responding to posters. BUT, on things like "... fullscreen ..." "... says I need RGP to run ...", put whatever advice you've gleaned into the "Readme.txt", and develop a canned post - "Read the 'Readme.txt' included with the game." I know, no one reads them, but you will have done your duty. There is no shame in ignoring a post, and others may fill the breach. You fix people's save files - unless it looks like it has information pertinent to a bug, a canned response - "If you've cheated in the game, you're on your own!" or words to that effect. (Another reason to remove the cheat items from the game, or make them difficult to find.)

Your self-imposed 3-month update schedule - overly ambitious. There is a reason, you read about dev TEAMS. As the game grows, more bugs are inevitable & unavoidable, cutting into your development time. More posts are generated, as more players become involved, and note the generosity of your time in the thread. As your time grows short, and pressure builds, it is easy to introduce un-noticed errors into the code.

I think (IMHO), were you to poll the posters who've been with you from the early days, they would gladly accept a 6-month update schedule, as long as you pop into the thread from time to time and re-assure them. I truly believe they would consider time spent on a fresh "Readme" and "Guide" as being 'game development'. It has been my experience that burn-outs lead to abandoned projects. I don't think you are the type, but why risk it?

NOTE TO OTHER MEMBERS: ANYONE WANT TO AGREE? CHIME IN!

Quest log: "... There might me some bugs ... might just be a bug with the quest tracker
Noted. I only mentioned it because the "Event Guide" specifies up to v1.1, not v1.1.3, and wanted to make you aware problem might continue to persist, even if you had worked on it in intervening updates. (Quick note - Your time: Despite fact I'm only up to Jun 30, 2019 in this thread, assume for future replies, I've already read your posts on these subjects. No need to repeat yourself. I'm not saying be rude, just assume I'll find things you've already stated once, or twice, or thrice, on my own.)

Related bug report:

That's one of these "bugs" that happens because of lowers shame too fast. Both the Mia and shaving quest are triggered at the same time. Mia quest is triggered at 57 and Shaving at 55. I might need to put these a bit further apart.
Since it concerns the same NPC only one Event can be active at the same time.
Since the shaving event has "higher prio" it's get processed first. Both events will be processed properly regarding of the order.
I'll think about making some changes. I could perhaps change the order so that the Mia quest gets processed first.
To clarify: In the above posts, I spoke of 2 possible bugs. The first, the 'missing bitmap' and game crash, I now believe have nothing to do with the game (see my preceding post). In fact, kudos! Upon re-starting game, loading previous save, game continued through that point without even a hiccup.

The second bug (and I believe it is a game bug), was the end of library shift/1st notice that dress ordered/goodnight from Lucy/paid twice/not evening but nightfall (including darkening of map graphic.) Like you, I have come to believe it is related to the dress. I'll come back to it later.

Not sure the collision of Mia events was result of cheats, and not calling it a bug. Yes, in first game I used cheats, so coincidentally, shaving/shame level was at same time as Mia package event. In second game, I used no cheats, but did meet Daniel twice in library in week 1, too early to drop shame very far, prior to seeing Mia masturbate. Following morning, Mia confronts May about masturbation, and immediately launches into kissing practice, without any intervening game action. I would not call these bugs, but an odd aspect of the game play, that caught me by surprise, and left me a little confused. Again, by coincidence, both collisions were in close time-proximity to the actual bugs. I mentioned these collisions to try and put context around what I did believe to be bugs, as I don't know what you need to know to resolve whether something is a bug or not.

Stats - Some events only raise exhibition point once. (Park event) while other are increments and you will get a message when a certain increment event won't raise exhibition anymore. By only repeating the webcam events you are able to increase the exhibition up to 37 I believe. There only a small pause if you've already reach the max exhibition point when May still has a bush. After the shaving event more stages open up to increase her exhibition again.
Understood. Like other posters, not sure I agree with where you put the caps. I respect your reasoning, and intent, but re-iterate you are not the ideal play tester in that you know exactly what to do and expect. I will have to replay the park event to make sure I haven't misinterpreted what happened, but in my (limited) experience with the game it seemed not to increment the exhibition stat, if that had already been maxed out on the balcony, even if it was the first time playing the park event. I think I already deliberately tested that condition, but I'll go back and try it again.

The scene skipping is ...
Thanx. Can I assume it is a 'set once and forget' like enable/disable watersports? Something to add to the "Readme".

The saves are compatible, but someone might require to replay from a certain earlier scene, because stuff was added to that scene. Or in case a bug has slipped a particular version.
I think I understand about earlier saves, and will examine the changelog when the update is available, but can you insure that content added to a prior scene is delineated, so we can find the save to go back to? IF you can get around to an updated scene guide, suggest you provide "official" titles for scenes & events, so all players are speaking the same language.

Not sure what this nightfall bug means exactly.. I did made some changes to the library event in the last version.
It seems it's related to buying the new outfit.
I haven't had any reports of any issues so far. But a bug might have slipped in somehow. If you could provide me those saves I can have a look at the issue.

Update:
I had a quick look at the code and I think I have already found the problem. When the 2nd outfit option becomes available a part of the code is executed twice which mean 2 time "blocks" are skipped instead of one. Also when the 2nd outfit is bought it suppose to skip ahead to a certain part of the
code, but it's not correctly defined makes me wonder how this was working at all. Anyways I can confirm that it's a bug that's related to the changes that I made to this event in the last release.
Do you want further explanations of my experience with the bug (or my saves)? Your post update coincides perfectly with what I experienced. In my first encounter with the bug, I did not buy the dress prior to starting next shift at library, and it was bugged, even though that morning and afternoon (prior to library job) were normal. In trying to work around the bug in a new game, I bought the dress before starting that day's shift at the library, and all was normal.

I'll consider your offer...
Proof reading. I ran into a prior offer by a poster on this thread, and your response. Understand the problem. Offer still stands... However, I am working with WinXp/S3. I have the run-time RGP, but not the game maker proper, and no means to buy it (unless it is free and will install & run on XP?) Is there a free decrypter (that will install & run on XP) that would allow me to extract the strings from my copy of the game? You would still have to deal with the importation problem.

May does awaken in her sleepware, however I created a feature so she will get dressed inmidialty saving a trip to the dresser picking out her clothes.

This was done delibertly te reduce the repearing actions and thus the grind.

Can you make it optional? Perhaps an inventory item to turn it on and off?

The shower event is totally optional and can be ignored completly. Mind you it was mandatory at the start of the game, but I already decided quite soon it was only a waste of time.
I missed the small hint when May wakes, and thinks she needs a shower, just prior to the Mom bathtub scene. Having noted it, I now know I can ignore the shower. Which forces me to ask, if other scenes that might be missed have prior hints. Taking the time to search for hints in the dialogue may go a long way to easing player grind.

Coming back for her pay is only present in some of the older events, this has to do how the event was initial created and my lack knowlegde on how to do this more efficient.

As you might have noticed this doesn't occor in the newwer events and will be changed for some of the older events at some point.
Thanx. Not sure if I've gotten to those newer events yet, other than the cafe. I did notice immediately, she was paid upon changing. We really do see you making un-advertised changes.

I'm already aware of the issue with the standing picture. I've already made some change so then pressing d is only needed once, and implemented the option to disable it complely without it popping back up.
Again, thanx. But where is that feature (v1.1.3)? I've not seen it. Is it in the new update?

About the detour in the studio, Ive had no complains about it really, but I've removed those chairs.
That was simply an example. When a player first starts exploring a map, sure, obstacles are part of the game play. But once they settle into the necessary 'grind' routines, they want a relatively straight shot to their destination. Players don't complain, because if they are posting, it is generally about events, etc. Another example - May changes into swimsuit, walks directly to beach towel, sunbathes, calls it quits, now there is woman on beach towel directly in line with changing room,and she must detour. Yet that woman could have been placed on the other side of May. Individually, they are tiny things, but cumulatively, they detract from player enjoyment, and contribute to grind. Path between beach cafe, and other destinations is overly labrynthian. There are others, but I won't bore you.

Still, these are only my personal opinions. Ignore if you choose.

The glitter is only available in one color by default. ...
Understood. Just want to make you aware of other peoples hardware when you construct future map locations. Things like brightness & contrast are not always under player control. Initially, I've missed things, such as, where to spot May in the photo studio, because of the white floor, or where to take the 1st photo contest pic, in men's room at college, same issue.

Possible bug:

I think this is the same one you talked about in you other post?

Then so I'll be waiting for those saves.
It Might be related to the instant text speed.

If it is it's not fixable at least not for me. It's a combinations of the text skip script that actives when pressing down crtl that seems to skip choices sometimes.
Yes, 1st notice of library dress ordered/premature night block, discussed above. I, too, considered the instant text problem, but didn't test that permutation. Suspect you found the real cause.

However, did want to query you on subject 'instant text'. The "Readme" is vague on the subject. Initially, didn't know if this was a problem with your code or RGP Game Maker problem. Your answer above implies RGP. I never use 'ctrl' key or other text box shortcuts, simply set 'instant text' from your system menu, as regular text draw way too slow my hardware, especially if trying to re-play old scenes to progress game. Reading through thread (only gotten to page 86, at this time) problem only noted so far for webcam, and Gina sleepover. Is it only if using 'ctrl', or 'instant text' generally, and do you know if it affects other events. Would prefer to leave instant on, and turn off for those events, as have been forewarned.

3) You seem to assume that I havn't done that already...
Sorry, didn't mean to imply anything (and you shouldn't assume I assume anything). See, I don't know if you are a brilliant 13-year old girl, or a wizened 90-year old male pervert. Nor am I looking for you to re-write game from scratch. YOU assume I don't understand the complexities involved. (BTW, in dialogue between blindfolded Jack & Mia, she uses the term "prevert". Couldn't ascertain whether that was misspelling on your part or the deliberate use of an American-English colloquialism intended to be funny by Americans.)

My point was, going forward in game development, the concept 'too slow' should climb up your priority list, IF you intend this game for a wider audience.

I've already been thinking about introducing a option to double lowering shame for May's job, but have hold that off simply because there is a big chance that people will run into some the problems that you've experienced when using these items to lower her shame faster.
Just a thought in passing, as I don't know what specific shame levels trigger what events, but if there is a sufficiently large gap to fill between events by grinding shame at the cafe, perhaps May could temporarily pull double shifts on a single day? Flu bug going around and waitresses in short supply?

4) I'm perfectly aware of that fact. The caps on shame/exhibition and those of the library job and clothing store are artificial. That's how it was designed.
The idea is that moving move on to another job leading to more sexy/sexual encounter and provide some change to the players.

As May shames lowers, it would make no sense that her shame would still be lowered by things she has already grown accustomed too.
Thus she needs to have new experiences to lower her shame further. That the idea behind it at least.

They are made artificial so that I have some control on the flow of events and not that May is already walking around naked while still being ashamed when picking up a fork..
I really do understand your point. My problem, and (I think that of other players) is where and when those caps lock in, and progression of the dialogue to keep the player's interest until the next event. A 'for instance' (just an example, I want to avoid suggesting you re-write early portions of the game, hopefully, I can make my thought clear): In early parts of the game, walking over a steaming manhole, excites her, and causes her to think about exhibitionism, and bump her lust stat. Once she is actively engaged in that kind of activity, she should have the choice to do it deliberately, and bump the shame stat down or the exhibition stat up. The dialogue should change, as she is no longer so naive. I get this may screw up your pre-ordained event chains, and introduce complexities you wanted to avoid. Still, give it some thought. I know you want to progress the game to higher levels, but this goes back to 'polish'. I truly believe you have a potential classic in progress, but it is not there yet.

Saying no is just to give players an option to skip a particular event if there not into it so that they're not forced to watch it.
In a few cases that might lead to that the follow up events in the same event chain are not triggered anymore.
Not sure you understood what I was saying. You spoke of DuDraig's point in game, he has probably "missed some opportunities". What I was trying to say, to use an example, is that if the shaving event is critical to game progression, and the player by taking other actions misses that opportunity, he ought to have a way to get back on track, say an alternate future event. I understand the shaving event is locked in and will occur no matter what (an assumption on my part, reading between the lines), but when you say "missed some opportunities", that seems to imply important events might be missed, not just say bumping a corruption stat. Correct me if I'm misunderstanding you, as we, as players don't know what event chains lead where, or how critical they are, unless you as the developer tell us somehow, either through an "Event Guide", or in-game hints. If in-game, they should probably repeat occasionally, so they are not missed.

One final thought: You've just finished an update. Forget your self-imposed deadline on the next one. Take some time off, and just lay back and think.

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Crazybat

v1.1.3 - no cheats - 'instant text' off

went back to save park event not yet active, but manhole is steaming (manholes become active after 1st exhib on balcony? Never noticed, prior game.) circa week 3, day 2, shame circa 67, exhib circa 17 - not yet maxed on balcony.

webcam questlog shows camera bought, doesn't show up in item inventory, but webshow possible.

next morning, before leaving house, phone msg, exhib forum - practice "accidents"
leave house, msg from Gina, cheerleader event (suggest a choice here, no option to avoid event.)

Wade thru cheerleader event - exhib +1, "no" to Gina offer.

To city center park, afternoon, park spot active.

save

park event bumps lust, no exhib bump

reload

work clothing store, shame -1

evening, exit store, go park, spot active

still evening, go to alley, alley spot active

exhib, no option masturbate (denied masturbate, previous balcony scene)

get msg, "change to Mia body", no exhib bump

Query? If load a save, take any action, load a prior time save, stats revert, but is full game state cleared to new load, or leftovers in game memory of prior save from future time?

P.S. See ... I do know how to use brevity!

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Crazybat

v1.1.3 - no cheats - 'instant text' off

went back to save park event not yet active, but manhole is steaming (manholes become active after 1st exhib on balcony? Never noticed, prior game.) circa week 3, day 2, shame circa 67, exhib circa 17 - not yet maxed on balcony.

webcam questlog shows camera bought, doesn't show up in item inventory, but webshow possible.

next morning, before leaving house, phone msg, exhib forum - practice "accidents"
leave house, msg from Gina, cheerleader event (suggest a choice here, no option to avoid event.)

Wade thru cheerleader event - exhib +1, "no" to Gina offer.

To city center park, afternoon, park spot active.

save

reload

work clothing store, shame -1

evening, exit store, go park, spot active

still evening, go to alley, alley spot active

exhib, no option masturbate (denied masturbate, previous balcony scene)

get msg, "change to Mia body", no exhib bump

Query? If load a save, take any action, load a prior time save, stats revert, but is full game state cleared to new load, or leftovers in game memory of prior save from future time?

P.S. See ... I do know how to use brevity!

I think you missed my previous reply regarding this.
You might hit a temporally wall in which May's exhibitions points won't increased until she's gotten rid of her bush.
This is particular the case when your focused on increasing her exhibition.

The park/manhole events you named won't bump up her Exhibitionist stats. The alley and park event only raised it by 1 once at the end out of the top of my head.
Only the webcam event will keep raising her exhibitionist point up to a certain point if she's still got her bush and will only increase further and open more webcam/exhibtionist events after she's gotten rid of her bush which happens around 55 shame.

So my advise it to not focus too much on raising a particular stat.
Cause if you can't raise it anymore at a certain point it usually isn't needed at that phase of the game.

Loading a savegame should reverts all variables/switches to the state when you saved it, unless there some bug /glitch in the RPGMmaker save engine.

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Crazybat

I think you missed my previous reply regarding this.
You might hit a temporally wall in which May's exhibitions points won't increased until she's gotten rid of her bush.
This is particular the case when your focused on increasing her exhibition.

The park/manhole events you named won't bump up her Exhibitionist stats. The alley and park event only raised it by 1 once at the end out of the top of my head.
Only the webcam event will keep raising her exhibitionist point up to a certain point if she's still got her bush and will only increase further and open more webcam/exhibtionist events after she's gotten rid of her bush which happens around 55 shame.

So my advise it to not focus too much on raising a particular stat.
Cause if you can't raise it anymore at a certain point it usually isn't needed at that phase of the game.

Loading a savegame should reverts all variables/switches to the state when you saved it, unless there some bug /glitch in the RPGMmaker save engine.
On savegame/mem state I wasn't implying a problem with COA, inquiring if you are aware any reports re:RGPM.

No, I did not miss your post, nor did I misunderstand it. Please don't take offense but IMHO, you're not truly listening to those posters (and me), who disagree with one aspect of your game design.

On stats: Yes, as exhibitionism is one of my faves, am trying to bump stat, but have learned your game design inter-relates all stats, with 'shame' primary stat, so aware need to simultaneously drop shame, build confidence, build exhibitionism, via jobs, events, etc. Not dumb, learn fast. BUT:

Have started from scratch, no cheats, slow text, keeping a game diary. Had confidence=5 - went sunbathing school swimsuit. AFTER end of scene, get warning 'no further increment to stat' 'get new suit', confidence still equal 5. STAT SHOULD INCREMENT, THEN WARN NEXT EVENT WILL NOT INCREMENT. Same for all job/event caps.

Same for balcony exhibition - in current game, have not yet reached stage to do public exhibition. But in prior gameS, took great care not to max out exhib on balcony & receive a NOTICE OF CAP REACHED, so could test park event. Again it appears that if player caps on balcony exhibition in event prior to NOTICE OF CAP REACHED, player not aware cap already maxed, getting exhibitionist forum to practice "accidents", (to me) implies park flashing event should still increment stat. Does not. Also, without having tested all possible permutations (tedious for player without some info on stat levels/events to play thru scenes over & over to test - by now as developer, you know, get jaded to porn pics), alley events seem too closely correlated to progression of exhibitions on balcony.

Understand programming complexities & desire to slow build, relating exhib events, but these events should not be so closely linked, definite psychological difference (for May) between balcony/neighbor seeing & alley/general public seeing. When exhib forum msg suggests practice at home, can see YOU choosing not to increment stat, though I disagree (again, May's psyche, definitely showing family member vs. possibilty of neighbor seeing).

What triggers exhib forum messages, re: 'practice', 'accidents'? Browsing internet? First exhibitionism? In the games I've played, it seems to occur after the webcam quest has begun. What triggers webcam quest? What triggers photo contest msgs? There are no hints or clues in-game that seem to directly address this. (Or at least, not that I've noticed. Maybe I'm blind.) Is it all related to a particular shame level, or to other events?

Do 'practice'/'accidents' increment the stat outside the cap on stats, as photo contest does (I know, +1 once, after 3 photos, I got it, not oblivious)?

Again, on manholes - accidental vs. deliberate - tie it to confidence & shame levels, please.

I really and truly do appreciate this game, the concept, your work, but find myself forcing myself to persist through something that should be more enjoyable. I would ask you to give this some consideration.

P.S. In modeling tryout, 3rd or 4th pic is cropped, all else fine. Also, in passing, if avatar returns to home 1st floor, in evening or night of 1st day, dialogue about allowance repeats, tho Mom not there.

Last edited:

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Crazybat

On savegame/mem state I wasn't implying a problem with COA, inquiring if you are aware any reports re:RGPM.

No, I did not miss your post, nor did I misunderstand it. Please don't take offense but IMHO, you're not truly listening to those posters (and me), who disagree with one aspect of your game design.

On stats: Yes, as exhibitionism is one of my faves, am trying to bump stat, but have learned your game design inter-relates all stats, with 'shame' primary stat, so aware need to simultaneously drop shame, build confidence, build exhibitionism, via jobs, events, etc. Not dumb, learn fast. BUT:

Have started from scratch, no cheats, slow text, keeping a game diary. Had confidence=5 - went sunbathing school swimsuit. AFTER end of scene, get warning 'no further increment to stat' 'get new suit', confidence still equal 5. STAT SHOULD INCREMENT, THEN WARN NEXT EVENT WILL NOT INCREMENT. Same for all job/event caps.

Same for balcony exhibition - in current game, have not yet reached stage to do public exhibition. But in prior gameS, took great care not to max out exhib on balcony & receive a NOTICE OF CAP REACHED, so could test park event. Again it appears that if player caps on balcony exhibition in event prior to NOTICE OF CAP REACHED, player not aware cap already maxed, getting exhibitionist forum to practice "accidents", (to me) implies park flashing event should still increment stat. Does not. Also, without having tested all possible permutations (tedious for player without some info on stat levels/events to play thru scenes over & over to test - by now as developer, you know, get jaded to porn pics), alley events seem too closely correlated to progression of exhibitions on balcony.

Understand programming complexities & desire to slow build, relating exhib events, but these events should not be so closely linked, definite psychological difference (for May) between balcony/neighbor seeing & alley/general public seeing. When exhib forum msg suggests practice at home, can see YOU choosing not to increment stat, though I disagree (again, May's psyche, definitely showing family member vs. possibilty of neighbor seeing).

What triggers exhib forum messages, re: 'practice', 'accidents'? Browsing internet? First exhibitionism? In the games I've played, it seems to occur after the webcam quest has begun. What triggers webcam quest? What triggers photo contest msgs? There are no hints or clues in-game that seem to directly address this. (Or at least, not that I've noticed. Maybe I'm blind.) Is it all related to a particular shame level, or to other events?

Do 'practice'/'accidents' increment the stat outside the cap on stats, as photo contest does (I know, +1 once, after 3 photos, I got it, not oblivious)?

Again, on manholes - accidental vs. deliberate - tie it to confidence & shame levels, please.

I really and truly do appreciate this game, the concept, your work, but find myself forcing myself to persist through something that should be more enjoyable. I would ask you to give this some consideration.

P.S. In modeling tryout, 3rd or 4th pic is cropped, all else fine.
Again you misunderstood me. I was just meaning savefiles should work as I described unless there are bugs in the engine that I'm aware off. There are none as far I'm aware.

So according to you I'm not truly listing to players because I don't immediately follow up on your suggestions? Or don't give the reply's/feedback you want to hear?

You seem to have to have a strong opinion of how MY game should work.
I get your points and I do agree with a lot of them. I 'm already aware of many of them.

But being aware of flaws is something different then actually being able to change them into something else.
Because changing things effects the whole chain and thus need careful consideration not to mention a lot of testing!
so at this point I'm only making (small) tweaks to certain elements of the game.

I tried to explain about why some things are as they are right now. Some of them might not be understood correctly.
I'm fully aware they are far from perfect and might be changed in the future and that's all the answers I can give for now.
Keep hammering at the same points again and again isn't going to change that. In fact it's only getting me annoyed.

I really appreciate detailed feedback, but many of your post are simply too big and contain whole sections which are solely descriptive of how you're playing the game so I'm having trouble reading between the line what is it what the actually problem is.
Please try to keep your post to the point.

As for the Park event is only a tiny event which is tied in to the Exhibitionist contest( need to complete stage1) and to May's exhibition level 17 or higher) , but it actually doesn't raise her exhibition level at this point. That might change in the future.

The balcony event can increases her exhibition up to 20. And can't be triggered anymore after she has shaved herself.

The webcam and the contest events are all tight to her exhibition level . Starts at 10 I believe.
The home exhibitionist event was a completely separated event until 2 version ago and was not tied in with exhibition at that point.

I might revise all the exhibition events at some point and make them increases exhibition too, but also give them overlapping cut off points so player have more options which events they want to see increase there exhibition. Trust me when I say that it was even more tedious in previous versions I even added the exhibitionist contest and other tiny events.

Last edited:

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Crazybat

Again you misunderstood me. I was just meaning savefiles should work as I described unless there are bugs in the engine that I'm aware off. There are none as far I'm aware.

So according to you I'm not truly listing to players because I don't immediately follow up on your suggestions? Or don't give the reply's/feedback you want to hear?

You seem to have to have a strong opinion of how MY game should work.
I get your points and I do agree with a lot of them. I 'm already aware of many of them.

But being aware of flaws is something different then actually being able to change them into something else.
Because changing things effects the whole chain and thus need careful consideration not to mention a lot of testing!
so at this point I'm only making (small) tweaks to certain elements of the game.

I tried to explain about why some things are as they are right now. Some of them might not be understood correctly.
I'm fully aware they are far from perfect and might be changed in the future and that's all the answers I can give for now.
Keep hammering at the same points again and again isn't going to change that. In fact it's only getting me annoyed.

I really appreciate detailed feedback, but many of your post are simply too big and contain whole sections which are solely descriptive of how you're playing the game so I'm having trouble reading between the line what is it what the actually problem is.
Please try to keep your post to the point.

As for the Park event is only a tiny event which is tied in to the Exhibitionist contest( need to complete stage1) and to May's exhibition level 17 or higher) , but it actually doesn't raise her exhibition level at this point. That might change in the future.

The balcony event can increases her exhibition up to 20. And can't be triggered anymore after she has shaved herself.

The webcam and the contest events are all tight to her exhibition level . Starts at 10 I believe.
The home exhibitionist event was a completely separated event until 2 version ago and was not tied in with exhibition at that point.

I might revise all the exhibition events at some point and make them increases exhibition too, but also give them overlapping cut off points so player have more options which events they want to see increase there exhibition. Trust me when I say that it was even more tedious in previous versions I even added the exhibitionist contest and other tiny events.
I'm sorry if I've offended or annoyed you, it was not my intent, and I could probably have been more diplomatic towards you, but that works both ways. I have fully read this thread, and though you invariably respond to criticism, there is a level of disdain in your responses. "My game"..."I've thought of that"..."You don't understand the complexities". Yes, we do. At least I do.

No one, or at least I myself, is asking you to re-write the game from scratch or even to go back and modify early portions. I've read your prior explanations.

I come back to a point I made in a prior post. Who is the intended audience of your game? Just you? A select group? Or a more general audience?

I play my way. Sure, I can play your way, if I knew what you know about the game. I don't, nor do many others. I can stumble through to higher levels, find the latest content, then start grinding through again to try and do it more efficently, knowing what's ahead, hoping a new update with more content is available. Because I've taken a genuine interest in your work, not because of the porn content ("Yo! Dude! Rightous game!" - nice ego stroke), but because I find your concept and exposition intriguing. If, in the future, I report a bug or game play problem, I promise to be brief and to the point.

At this time I am offering a viewpoint, a different perspective than your own. If you are only interested in bug reports, or ego strokes, I'll go away, and you needn't respond to me again.

Just keep in the back of your mind, that as you go further into the development cycle, if you should reconsider your approach, it will be that much harder to retrofit the code.

In reading my posts, you've zeroed in in the negative aspects (as you see them) of my comments, and only responded to specific game points, not the broader discussion.

I am still prepared to offer proofreading assistance, if you are interested.

Reactions: Big Mountain

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Crazybat

After writing the previous apology post, I spent my day realizing YOU had annoyed ME, with your high-handed tone. Given I am in the winter of my years, I've no time for people who refuse to learn, so I will vent. You aren't going to like what I have to say. Whether you continue reading is up to you.

Stats - Some events only raise exhibition point once. (Park event) while ...
As for the Park event is only a tiny event ..., but it actually doesn't raise her exhibition level
Either it does or it doesn't, can't be both. You are the developer/coder. I am speaking directly to you in sequential, close-time-proximity posts, in a thread devoted strictly to this game. If you can't keep your facts straight, it is pretty arrogant to knock confused players. I've re-read MY posts! They seem concise & understandable. Don't just skim them, read with some objectivity.

Outside this website, versions of 1.0 and above are considered as being beyond beta-testing. Within this site, I'll concede that is not the case. Still, in re-reading through 102 pages of posts, (a newcomer player to a v1.1.3 shouldn't have to do that to understand the game), YOU, specifically,in your own posts, say things like "... in v6.1 ...". (Will you admit you are human, like the rest of us mere error-prone mortals?)

While it is possible you are the next DaVinci, you ain't there yet.

You had an interesting idea. You evolved it into an intriguing concept. For your own reasons, you chose a game engine, which in my understanding, gets mixed reviews, even on this site. You modified artwork created by others (you were honest about that fact). You wrote a piece of un-ready crap (you were honest about that fact), and then chose to publish it to this site.

With feedback, you evolved the game into something with real potential. With all due respect to the early players of your prior versions, and early posters in this thread, you are ready to step up to another level, IF you chose to do so, and are willing to do the even harder work involved. That is your decision.

Re: my "hammering" a gameplay issue (not a game bug), I was re-iterating my agreement with prior posters. You sloughed them off, as you are doing with me ("... the complexities ..." Screw that! IF you chose to proceed to new levels with this game, stop adding new content, and modifing early stages to work with it. Fix what is already there, and work future expansion into the code at a low level. You know, stuff you hard-coded as integer variables, that would have to be changed to reals. Re-conceptionalizing your event chains. I do know of what I speak. Take the time, despite your desire to keep adding MORE.

EDIT:

Post 1307, 02/02/2019, from crazybats:
"... Not that I mind critic as long as it has arguments. ..."

I find myself forced to ask what your definition of 'arguments' is.

END EDIT:

I know, its your game. Do what you want.

Back to an attempt at being conciliatory. I'm still willing to assist with proofreading, if you seriously plan to proceed.

Last edited:

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Crazybat

I'm sorry if I've offended or annoyed you, it was not my intent, and I could probably have been more diplomatic towards you, but that works both ways. I have fully read this thread, and though you invariably respond to criticism, there is a level of disdain in your responses. "My game"..."I've thought of that"..."You don't understand the complexities". Yes, we do. At least I do.

No one, or at least I myself, is asking you to re-write the game from scratch or even to go back and modify early portions. I've read your prior explanations.

I come back to a point I made in a prior post. Who is the intended audience of your game? Just you? A select group? Or a more general audience?

I play my way. Sure, I can play your way, if I knew what you know about the game. I don't, nor do many others. I can stumble through to higher levels, find the latest content, then start grinding through again to try and do it more efficently, knowing what's ahead, hoping a new update with more content is available. Because I've taken a genuine interest in your work, not because of the porn content ("Yo! Dude! Rightous game!" - nice ego stroke), but because I find your concept and exposition intriguing. If, in the future, I report a bug or game play problem, I promise to be brief and to the point.

At this time I am offering a viewpoint, a different perspective than your own. If you are only interested in bug reports, or ego strokes, I'll go away, and you needn't respond to me again.

Just keep in the back of your mind, that as you go further into the development cycle, if you should reconsider your approach, it will be that much harder to retrofit the code.

In reading my posts, you've zeroed in in the negative aspects (as you see them) of my comments, and only responded to specific game points, not the broader discussion.

I am still prepared to offer proofreading assistance, if you are interested.
Wait.. all I said that I was a bit annoyed, also the reason I took some time to cool off before replying your post.
Frustrated might have been the better word, by some of your lengthy posts.

This is mostly due to there length and some parts red more like a dairy to me personally then an actually question/concern.
This made then sometimes confusing and tedious/time consuming/frustrating? to read and respond to them for me personally.
I didn't make any personal statement about you the author.

When you make statements like :
You're not truly listening to those posters (and me), who disagree with one aspect of your game design.

How do you know? To me it this statement came across as if your the one making all kind of assumptions based on my posts and that kinda pissed me off. hence the frustration. Leaning maybe to using harsher words then I'd normally use.

Am I obligated to listen to them and implement them all? As you said yourself, no I'm not, but I read all of them as they are valuable feedback and suggestions. I've actually made several changes based on suggestions offered in this thread.

As I've tried to explain before I'm aware of many of them. Although you seem to have doubts about that too.
I'm trying to explain again that I'm not feeling comfortable at making any major changes to the games core mechanics at this point yet.
That is my choice. You don't seem to agree with that, which is fine. We agree to disagree.

But it feels to me like your not willing to accept my choice. You seem to try to keep arguing with me trying to convince me otherwise. Maybe you don't mean it like that, but that's how it comes across to me!

And if that was not enough you seem to feel the need to drag in another load of arguments/accusation about my apparent character flaws based on my previous post and take thing to a personal level with statements like:

- "there is a level of disdain in your response"
- your high-handed tone
- it is pretty arrogant to knock confused players
- ego strokes,

Such statements feel like a personal attacks directed at me . Maybe not directly but it's certainly implied. Why bother using such statements? If you want to discus contents you're better leave these kind of personal attacks/assessment out of it. Would you enjoy talking to persons who imply these things about your character solely based on a bunch of forum posts?
Because the fact is that you don't really know me. You only red my posts and based your conclusion on that!

I feels like to me that you took my posts very personally and it feel like you think I acted in malice and that I'm out to confuse players and laugh behind there backs... The only thing I feel that I'm guilty off is being very direct.
Apparently it seem to me that you interpenetrate that as disdain/arrogance among other things.

It feels like your lashing out at me in defence. I don't think that I've made any personal attack at you, although it might have felt that way to you, since you even took an effort to write down those statements. You even bothered to go though older post to collect "evidence" to strengthen your statement.

I might not have responded to all of your questions simply , because it takes me too much time. I can honestly say that I think I've already spend more then 3+ hours responding to your posts only in the last couple of days. (not counting this one)

Apparently I'm not allowed to sift thought your posts and only response only to the things I have quick answers too or I'll be called out as an arrogant prick who likes to avoid the broader discussion. (These are not your exact words but that's how they could very well be interpreted as such!)

As for the audience. I'm not making this game to win a popularity contest. I'm mainly making it to see if I can do it and hope some players might enjoy playing it as well.

As for:

I'm fully aware of that fact.

As for:

Either it does or it doesn't, can't be both. You are the developer/coder. I am speaking directly to you in sequential, close-time-proximity posts, in a thread devoted strictly to this game. If you can't keep your facts straight, it is pretty arrogant to knock confused players. I've re-read MY posts! They seem concise & understandable. Don't just skim them, read with some objectivity.

Again another statement with an accusation. They might seem concise & understandable to You! But as you pointed out to
me that I'm not the best tester for my own game, you are maybe not be the best judge to judge your own posts!

The fist statement about the park event was out of the top of my head, then I actually checked the code and saw that there is no increase. Your (angry?) statement seem to suggest there was malice involved somehow and implying that I'm arrogant or all knowing while it was a simple cause of laziness on my part. Implying that people are arrogant will not win you any merits, certainly not when you're the one stating in one of you post:
"I do know of what I speak. "

Now back to your comments and actually discussing the game itself.

As for:

Outside this website, versions of 1.0 and above are considered as being beyond beta-testing. Within this site, I'll concede that is not the case. Still, in re-reading through 102 pages of posts, (a newcomer player to a v1.1.3 shouldn't have to do that to understand the game), YOU, specifically,in your own posts, say things like "... in v6.1 ...". (Will you admit you are human, like the rest of us mere error-prone mortals?)

There's no written law about version numbering as far as I know.
Although in general 1.0 and above generally indicate an working version and I'm aware it might confuse some players.
On this site if there no COMPLETED tag on the thread the game in not completed and thus still in development

I'm not a human I'm a demon here to conquer the world! I mean where did that come from? Where did I say I don't make mistakes or don't admit doing so? That's your interpenetration of events and another accusation at my address out of nowhere.

As for:

Re: my "hammering" a gameplay issue (not a game bug), I was re-iterating my agreement with prior posters. You sloughed them off, as you are doing with me ("... the complexities ..." Screw that! IF you chose to proceed to new levels with this game, stop adding new content, and modifing early stages to work with it. Fix what is already there, and work future expansion into the code at a low level. You know, stuff you hard-coded as integer variables, that would have to be changed to reals. Re-conceptionalizing your event chains. I do know of what I speak. Take the time, despite your desire to keep adding MORE.

Again you seem to misunderstand and make assumptions!

How does my statement off" I get your points and I do agree with a lot of them"
translate to You sloughed them off, as you are doing with me..??

I might not have responded to all your questions and queries , but it already took me about 2 hours to write this post and that's enough time spend on this for today.

Last edited:

Danton

Dec 3, 2017
Good lord dude, just let Crazybat work and do his thing, it's a free project he's doing for fun in his spare time! Those light novel length essays you're posting aren't helping anything. We have enough of a problem with devs poofing with halfway finished games because they lose interest. Once he is happy with his content level he'll go back and polish bugs and typos, or he won't, he doesn't owe anyone anything. He's one of the few devs who could open a patreon and get himself an extra paycheck a month yet chooses not to (because I'm assuming) he doesn't want to feel any pressure from us.

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Good lord dude, just let Crazybat work and do his thing, it's a free project he's doing for fun in his spare time! Those light novel length essays you're posting aren't helping anything. We have enough of a problem with devs poofing with halfway finished games because they lose interest. Once he is happy with his content level he'll go back and polish bugs and typos, or he won't, he doesn't owe anyone anything. He's one of the few devs who could open a patreon and get himself an extra paycheck a month yet chooses not to (because I'm assuming) he doesn't want to feel any pressure from us.
I stand by my comments. Brief enough?

For those with the capacity to read past 140 characters: You keep babying him, and he will never progress. Overall, my comments were generally laudatory of his work which is no longer something shared between friends for comment, but a published work for a larger audience. I am quite capable of savaging him, had I chosen to. I tried to be dplomatic and apologetic in my first post. And, I'm entitled to be as prickly about his response as he was to mine.

I concede he owes us nothing for sharing his game. He does owe us something for the time we invest in feedback. I would not waste my time, if I did not feel his work has great promise.

"Devs poofing" is your problem. The world keeps spinning. If he gets discouraged and abandons this work, you may care but the world won't.

Please note, he wrote an extensive apologia about comments he should have allowed to roll off his back, as he is seeking feedback, on the net. Anyone with minimal exposure to the net should know its a jungle out here. To progress he will need emotional callouses. Several posts back, I stated he should not hurry to answer me.

Only in a brief sentence, two-thirds through his response, does he clarify his two contradictory statements, claiming they are an attempt to "find evidence" to disparage him. I have read this entire thread. I get he's working hard, perhaps harder than he should. (IMHO, that is a self-created problem.)

I could go on, but I wonder if I'm wasting my time.

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Due to the content of my last few posts, I may be persona non grata with the dev, but I still have some un-resolved queries about game play points.

I could choose an option, grind a few weeks, go back, choose a different option, grind a few weeks, etc., and still have unanswered questions. I chose not to do that, so:

Do any players have insight into the following:

After May and Mia exhibit on balcony, and Mia solos (exhibition=2) -

Does 'browsing the exhibition forum' initiate the phone msgs re: 'practice'/'accidents'?

What specifically triggers the webcam quest?

If the balcony exhibition caps exhibition stat at 19, and is reached after the completion of the photo contest, is the point earned by completing the photo contest lost or accrued for a total of 20?

What specifically triggers the photo contest quest?

Since you must give up an evening (perhaps a stat altering job) to initiate tv family exhibition practice, and that has no stat effect whatsover, only presenting a nice picture, does it have any effect on the game (relationships, etc.)? Is it really worth anything?

Is the alley exhibition event part of the photo contest, or an extension of the balcony events? Or is it part of the 'accidents'? Again, this relates to my query regarding balcony stats capping. Trying to interpret the inter-locking affects has been confusing.

Changing directions:

Do any players have opinions of the game in its current state (v1.1.3)? Not "Way to go!" or "Piece of crap!" Something with more meat. (Recommend prior posters of opinions not participate. Looking for a fresh view.) Let's give the dev a break, and get some player-player discussion going.

Crazybat

Game Developer
Aug 6, 2017
Due to the content of my last few posts, I may be persona non grata with the dev, but I still have some un-resolved queries about game play points.

I could choose an option, grind a few weeks, go back, choose a different option, grind a few weeks, etc., and still have unanswered questions. I chose not to do that, so:

Do any players have insight into the following:

After May and Mia exhibit on balcony, and Mia solos (exhibition=2) -

Does 'browsing the exhibition forum' initiate the phone msgs re: 'practice'/'accidents'?

What specifically triggers the webcam quest?

If the balcony exhibition caps exhibition stat at 19, and is reached after the completion of the photo contest, is the point earned by completing the photo contest lost or accrued for a total of 20?

What specifically triggers the photo contest quest?

Since you must give up an evening (perhaps a stat altering job) to initiate tv family exhibition practice, and that has no stat effect whatsover, only presenting a nice picture, does it have any effect on the game (relationships, etc.)? Is it really worth anything?

Is the alley exhibition event part of the photo contest, or an extension of the balcony events? Or is it part of the 'accidents'? Again, this relates to my query regarding balcony stats capping. Trying to interpret the inter-locking affects has been confusing.

Changing directions:

Do any players have opinions of the game in its current state (v1.1.3)? Not "Way to go!" or "Piece of crap!" Something with more meat. (Recommend prior posters of opinions not participate. Looking for a fresh view.) Let's give the dev a break, and get some player-player discussion going.
Most of the exhibitionist related event are related to the exhibitionist stats.

After having raised her exhibitionism up to 10 the webcam event will be triggered in the morning together with the 1st stage of the exhibitionist photo contest. The other stages of the contest are triggered after finishing the previous stage and reaching a certain level of exhibitionism. (20 for stage2 and 30 for stage3)

However in order to reach stage3 of the webcam event May will also need to have shaved herself first.

In the current game depending if you focusing on exhibitionism you will hit a point during the 2nd stage of the webcam event when her exhibitionism isn't raised anymore until she has shaved herself.

The alley event is not part of the contest, but a separate event. This event won't raise her exhibitionism, but May will take things further depending on her exhibitionism level. In order too see the final stage she needs to have shaved herself and have a decent amount of lust (70 or higher) before starting the event. You will get hints if that's not the case. The final stage does raise her exhibitionism by 1.

The TV event does not increase anything, it's just a mini event that's repeatable. There are however 2 stages for each of the mini events to unlock. You might want to check it out again in case May her panties have been stolen.

The exhibitionist points earned by each stage of the photo contest are not dependent on her current level and will always increase her exhibitionism stat.

The only events that have cutoff points are the repeating events with stages like the webcam event and the balcony event.

I hope that answers some of your question.
I'll leave the discussion on the state of the game up to other players.

Last edited:

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Thank you. I discovered some of that through experimentation. Good to know the rest.

TO ALL: In my prior post, I ask to see more player-player discussion. Given my recently voiced opinions, I will recuse myself temporarily. Speak up. I'm sure Crazybats would find it useful, and give him/her a break from answering everything.

anoldscrewup

Nov 13, 2019
Minor game play issues (v1.1.3):

You cannot buy webcam on a 'pantie-less' day. Must buy on previous or next day. Clerk is too busy ogling naked crotch. Option to buy anything except 'Nothing' does not present itself.

If MC exhibits on balcony, and then masturbates, exhibition stat does not increment. Intentional?

Purchased webcam does not show in inventory, but shows as completed in quest tracker. Webcam show still possible.

(Minor) art issues:

Jack seems unusually well-endowed, during opening of laundry room event. The color of Daniel's penis in nurses office seems off, almost sickly. Suggest it match his body more closely.

In the May/Mom lesbian event, narrator exposition, (not inner or spoken dialogue), lacks a text box, instead, floating over picture. Difficult to read.

4.00 star(s) 39 Votes