MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
I'm really enjoying this titles story. But, it would be great if there was a text box slider added to this title. At it's present state, some times it's hard to see the on screen text, on certain frames.

So I tried to add my own text box (replace) to see if it would change how the text shows up on the screen, but no changes happened. So I guess the global Ren'py text box slider is set to clear (or shading is turned off), so all other text boxes I added will not show up.

screenshot0001.png

CamaroFan432

Mar 13, 2020
Well I'm conflicted with this latest update. On one side, this is an amazing story and I can't wait for more. But on the other side, I'm really bummed out with the latest update. Just because Nael played a dumb and selfish little child, everything was taken from the dev. And how many times she acted unpredictable, I don't believe her, that she will let Noel and MC make a new bond. She is just too selfish for that and that's the only real reason why Noel went feral. And I fear, that MC may loose even more with his pursued of finding Noel, maybe even Clara for good, if that hasn't already happend. And not to mention Emma, she may be already lost at this point. I really, really, REALLY hope, that MC will come to his senses and will make ammends with Clara and take her with her on his search. And that he can rescue the little, that is left of Emma. I would be really disappointed, if my fears turn real.

But keep writing this intriguing story! I will keep playing for now.

ArunPrime

Nov 5, 2022
Companion of Darkness [Ch. 5] [Berkili4] - Update only

The patch may break your game, use at your own risk.

Universal: Ch. 4 -> Ch. 5 [761 MB]
MEGA - - Pixeldrain - Workupload

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Please @ me or quote this post if there is a new version that doesn't show up on the "Latest Updates" page.
Where is the application?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Bob69

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
In your old Games folder. You need to have Ch 4 "installed" to use my patch.

MisterNephilim

Jan 1, 2019
Well I'm conflicted with this latest update. On one side, this is an amazing story and I can't wait for more. But on the other side, I'm really bummed out with the latest update. Just because Nael played a dumb and selfish little child, everything was taken from the dev. And how many times she acted unpredictable, I don't believe her, that she will let Noel and MC make a new bond. She is just too selfish for that and that's the only real reason why Noel went feral. And I fear, that MC may loose even more with his pursued of finding Noel, maybe even Clara for good, if that hasn't already happend. And not to mention Emma, she may be already lost at this point. I really, really, REALLY hope, that MC will come to his senses and will make ammends with Clara and take her with her on his search. And that he can rescue the little, that is left of Emma. I would be really disappointed, if my fears turn real.

I was going to write something akin to this but maybe a little more blunt, I feel like the whole separation of Noel and MC to be a very cheap move to make drama and in the end all it does is makes us hate Nael more (as it was that hard) making her extremely unlikeable. Now if the goal was to make her an antagonist, then props, mission accomplished, can't wait to kill her.

Berkili4

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2023
I'm really enjoying this titles story. But, it would be great if there was a text box slider added to this title. At it's present state, some times it's hard to see the on screen text, on certain frames.

So I tried to add my own text box (replace) to see if it would change how the text shows up on the screen, but no changes happened. So I guess the global Ren'py text box slider is set to clear (or shading is turned off), so all other text boxes I added will not show up.

View attachment 2948366
First of all, i am glad that you like the game.
Textbox is a image in renpy. And i think i just removed that image.
So if you mess with the textbox, well nothing happens because the textbox is gone :HideThePain:

Reactions: MrBenny

Berkili4

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2023

glad you like the story and are so invested in it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
First of all, i am glad that you like the game.
Textbox is a image in renpy. And i think i just removed that image.
So if you mess with the textbox, well nothing happens because the textbox is gone :HideThePain:
Well, normally I just replace a text box file in a gui folder, to my tb preference file. Also, your titles gui folder actually has a textbox in it. But, I've noticed what ever tb I replace in the gui folder, it always stays clear (there is no visible text box features showing up). As well I usually add my own shaded text box, in order to reduce potential eye strain. And so I can read longer, by blurring the variable background changes each story frame has. (I'm also using a big screen TV to view my AVN's, in a recliner.)

Reactions: Berkili4

Berkili4

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2023
Well, normally I just replace a text box file in a gui folder, to my tb preference file. Also, your titles gui folder actually has a textbox in it. But, I've noticed what ever tb I replace in the gui folder, it always stays clear (there is no visible text box features showing up). As well I usually add my own shaded text box, in order to reduce potential eye strain. And so I can read longer, by blurring the variable background changes each story frame has. (I'm also using a big screen TV to view my AVN's, in a recliner.)
okay look under screens.rpy:
search for this:
Code:
#background Image("gui/textbox.png", xalign=0.5, yalign=1.0)
and remove the #. That should return everything back to normal and make it possible for you to edit as you wish

Reactions: MrBenny

MrBenny

Jul 20, 2021
okay look under screens.rpy:
search for this:
Code:
#background Image("gui/textbox.png", xalign=0.5, yalign=1.0)
and remove the #. That should return everything back to normal and make it possible for you to edit as you wish
OK, thanks for the information.

Also, I was wondering if Amy is going to have more content with MC and the story? Also, I was wondering what happened to Metal's companion (Mel), and will she make another appearance in the story again? Regards.

Berkili4

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2023
OK, thanks for the information.

Also, I was wondering if Amy is going to have more content with MC and the story? Also, I was wondering what happened to Metal's companion (Mel), and will she make another appearance in the story again? Regards.
Keep playing after the chapter ends. As Amy has the same questions.
I dont want to spoil to much, but next chapter it is planned that mc meets some old acquaintance again.

Phase_01

Nov 27, 2021
Thinking of giving this game a try, is it possible to miss lewd scenes depending on your choices?

DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
This is the most content I've ever seen in a game that's only half a year old, while still being high quality.

4.30 star(s) 95 Votes