Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
Is there no compressed version??
You have to search for them now. Go into your personal preferences, set it to 'Most Recent...' for searches and then Search for Compressed. Easy to find and all games on F95 here are like this, have been for awhile. Enjoy! :>)

Reactions: Azeroth67000

camube

Jun 4, 2022
Okay just finished Chapter 6 and about to continue this weekend. hoo boy, this VN is so good i'm craving for more stories like this.

Okay so, the closest VN i can think of compared to this VN is Arson Betrayal cuz both have breakneck pacing. From the beginning for Arson Betrayal, from Chapter 3 for Companion of Darkness (chapter 1 is a bit of a rough read for me). but man, chapter 4, 5, 6 is just so good.

Now like Dark Ones I also have a newfound craving on renpy VNs that has stories similar to this. Not the fantasy setting, or the harem tag, but how the story treat it's characters.

I want to find other games like this where the author is not afraid to change the status of the characters. The characters in this VN undergoes real, significant change, and things keeps on changing and evolving. That part is really exciting to read.

Any other renpy VNs y'all find similar in that aspect?

oysterkeeper

Oct 6, 2019
Damn this game is really good. It's rare that vns on here have a bit more lasting/entertaining story than the usual slice of life. It feels like there's a lot of moving parts and the characters and MC evolve as the story goes. I was dreading reaching the end of the current content. Legitimately cannot wait for more.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Im curious about the MC's rank at this point?

The last time it was mentioned he was a low s-rank or maybe even normal s-rank but it was while being bonded with noel. I got the impression the rank depends on the strength of the bond (and i guess additional training).

And these bonds are usually impossible to be broken (or only by death), so what's the MC's rank at this point of the story being bonded to two dark ones? Does the stronger dark one count? Do they add on each other?

What if he has a very strong bond with a dark one and a very weak bond with another one? Or does he need to "activate" a dark one and the one who's active counts in the situation?

Im interrested how his rank will be determined at this point. It could be like with gab where it was just undefineable but my guess is that was just like that because Nael is too strong to determine her power on any known scale at all, Gab said even a 10times sss rank wouldnt be an opponent to him.

If they would just add on each other the mc would be UBER-op at the point we get noel back being bonded with two primordials and another dark one and i fail to see how any opponents could be able to keep up with that in a fun way?

There would be only Nael left (if gab dies and she goes insane) who still seems way too powerful no matter how much dark ones the MC would aquire lmao and i guess IF Nael ever becomes the enemy, she will be the endgame.

Landrol

Nov 22, 2023
Im curious about the MC's rank at this point?

The last time it was mentioned he was a low s-rank or maybe even normal s-rank but it was while being bonded with noel. I got the impression the rank depends on the strength of the bond (and i guess additional training).

And these bonds are usually impossible to be broken (or only by death), so what's the MC's rank at this point of the story being bonded to two dark ones? Does the stronger dark one count? Do they add on each other?

What if he has a very strong bond with a dark one and a very weak bond with another one? Or does he need to "activate" a dark one and the one who's active counts in the situation?

Im interrested how his rank will be determined at this point. It could be like with gab where it was just undefineable but my guess is that was just like that because Nael is too strong to determine her power on any known scale at all, Gab said even a 10times sss rank wouldnt be an opponent to him.

If they would just add on each other the mc would be UBER-op at the point we get noel back being bonded with two primordials and another dark one and i fail to see how any opponents could be able to keep up with that in a fun way?

There would be only Nael left (if gab dies and she goes insane) who still seems way too powerful no matter how much dark ones the MC would aquire lmao and i guess IF Nael ever becomes the enemy, she will be the endgame.
What I understood was that if it was mutual, the bond could be broken. I think that is what is going to happen in the coming chapters when we get Noel back. We will separate from Amy and the other, I forget her name atm, and take Noel. Or I can see possibly Amy and Noel. At least until Gab dies, which I think is pretty much an absolute. Then to tame Nael, we break our bond with Amy and take Nael with Noel.

Wolfeszorn

Jul 24, 2021
What I understood was that if it was mutual, the bond could be broken. I think that is what is going to happen in the coming chapters when we get Noel back. We will separate from Amy and the other, I forget her name atm, and take Noel. Or I can see possibly Amy and Noel. At least until Gab dies, which I think is pretty much an absolute. Then to tame Nael, we break our bond with Amy and take Nael with Noel.
it was implied that MC is going to be an even stronger rulebreaker than his brother. so why should he seperate from amy if he can simply get them all? :)

Reactions: Afdch

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
Yeah i dont think that will happen. Look at his talk with Amy and Ciarara in his mind.

screenshot0098.png

To me it looks like neither of them took Noels' spot, its still empty and like its reserved for Noel only. Its Noels' chair since they bonded and it stays like that till shes back imo no matter what happens with or to other bonds.

Therefore at the moment i guess its safe to assume that the mc is able to bond with (at least) three dark ones at the same time and maybe more.

I kinda depends on if it was the mc himself via his "rulebreaker-powers" who reserved this spot for Noel or if Nael made nessecary arrangements for the MC and Noel to be able to bond again no matter what (as she promised).

And i dont think Nael will ever bond again if Gab dies (she doesnt need to and only did it because of love and shes gonna be broken afterwards) but she may supports us via a tear or something like that again.

4.30 star(s) 91 Votes