Berkili4

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2023
I haven't made much progress (I think) but the mere possibility of she being an LI disgusts me.

It's just a comment about how I play, it's not a criticism or anything like that. I'm said it in advance.

I only see one ending, so if I happen to get to a bad ending, that's where I'll end the game, and I certainly won't mind if it leads me to the scene where I have to choose again.

I don't remember what the game was called, but I started one that had a bad ending on the first choice you had to make. I finished the game in 5 minutes and I certainly never went back to see what it was like after that ending (and that which brought me to the previous screen to choose again, what I chose is to close the game, I already had an ending, so the game was over for me)
it´s all fine bro,
the second quote was actually not directed at you.

But now just out of curiosity because I do not quite understand. Is it okay for you if a bad end puts you back at the same place you were before?

i know everyone's play style is different, i'm just curious

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
it´s all fine bro,

But now just out of curiosity because I do not quite understand. Is it okay for you if a bad end puts you back at the same place you were before?

Actually when I have reached an ending I stop playing. If after the bad ending they send me to the start menu, I close the game. If it's a bad ending that, after watching it, takes me to an earlier point in the game, then what I'll do is exit to the start menu and close the game. In neither case will I continue the game. A bad ending is a bad ending, being taken to an earlier point in the game doesn't change that fact.

Anyway, for me it's fine that they send you to an earlier point in the game after a bad ending, whether it's that or going to the start menu doesn't matter to me.

linus.quotes

Aug 27, 2021
But getting to that shitty ending, just doesnt want to make me play anymore, that was the best they could write? wtf was that. Why a fucking game over. Just left a sour taste in my mouth I suppose.
So MC dies like alooser and Noel forgets everything. Fucking great. Thats all he was worth.
Hey man, what are you talking about in the first place? The chapter 2 ends up in a total different scene from what you mentioned... guess you did not make it to the chapter 2 end, maybe...

Reactions: Berkili4

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
The bad idea is to include the sex scenes of guys other than the MC an girls, especially if they are going to be LIs. They can have whatever past (except being sluts that fucks all that have a dick), but including sex scenes between LIs and other guys is a bad idea no matter how you look at it. And including scenes of guys with anonymous girls is a waste of time, since these are scenes that most fans of the harem genre don't want to see. Including a scene of an antagonist (who may become LI in the future) with a guy isn't a good idea at all. Unless the intent is to make players dislike the girl, then it's a good move.

Personally the only scenes I want to see in the game are the ones between the MC and the LIs, I don't want to see any scenes that include a guy other than the MC, and just in case, I'd rather they can be avoided. In fact, many voyeur scenes, even avoidable, surely make me wonder if the game is really worth it.
I would only agree with you if the MC could do nothing about it. Their have been games I have played here, where the dev flaunts the girl in front of you, only to be untouchable by you and shes put with another NPC as if you to mock you. That I can understand. My Real desires did actuactly that. For an example.

Im just calling a spade a spade and see your not looking at the big picture (hard to explain it, but feels like your just being one dimensional or something). Cuase she had a prior existing relationship with the guy and was once on his side. You hate her ? You dont give her story a chance. Even for her to correct her mistakes. but if shes just a throw away character. Then I suppose you could be right there. That is a waste.

Last edited:

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022
Hey man, what are you talking about in the first place? The chapter 2 ends up in a total different scene from what you mentioned... guess you did not make it to the chapter 2 end, maybe...
Then what did I just play ? the guy whos pissed his brother was game ended by you. You either fight back to survive.. But instead you die anyway, you just sleep while the MC admits to hearing Noel cry while he still does nothing nothing even then.. Then Zaol shows up, kills everyone, takes her sister back and she gets carried off while saying she forgot something.

While its drilled home already they forgot when their partner dies, doesnt make it less despising having it all end like that. Kicked in the gutt.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Ass~God and D1bacle

dieterdermieter

Aug 13, 2019
Then what did I just play ? the guy whos pissed his brother was game ended by you. You either fight back to survive.. But instead you die anyway, you just sleep while the MC admits to hearing Noel cry while he still does nothing nothing even then.. Then Zaol shows up, kills everyone, takes her sister back and she gets carried off while saying she forgot something.

While its drilled home already they forgot when their partner dies, doesnt make it less despising having it all end like that. Kicked in the gutt.
Yes... but that´s not how chapter 2 ends.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
it´s all fine bro,

A simple question. Is it easy to avoid bad endings? The game is actually interesting, but I'm worried about bad endings as I wouldn't want to get one and have a prematurely and definitely game over.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Dumb decision will kill you, I'm not pulling punches.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I don't think many people play games like me, honestly. I guess for most of the players, having a bad ending and immediately going back to the choice that caused it will be a good thing. As I was saying, I don't care: a bad ending is an ending, and I only see one, so I hope it's a good one.

To give an example of something that happened to me. I started a game that seemed interesting to me, but in the first choice there was a bad ending, I didn't know it, and I chose wrong. I finished the game in just over 5 minutes. I can't say if it was really a good game or a bad one, since I've never played it again. It is logical? Possibly not, but it's how I play, and I'm not going to change it.

In any case, if avoiding bad endings is easy, the better.

Reactions: Lucid Lancer

Berkili4

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2023
I don't think many people play games like me, honestly. I guess for most of the players, having a bad ending and immediately going back to the choice that caused it will be a good thing. As I was saying, I don't care: a bad ending is an ending, and I only see one, so I hope it's a good one.

To give an example of something that happened to me. I started a game that seemed interesting to me, but in the first choice there was a bad ending, I didn't know it, and I chose wrong. I finished the game in just over 5 minutes. I can't say if it was really a good game or a bad one, since I've never played it again. It is logical? Possibly not, but it's how I play, and I'm not going to change it.

In any case, if avoiding bad endings is easy, the better.
for now you can avoid this particular ending

Reactions: BlasKyau

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017

Yeah for me, I'm all in for the story so I pay attention to the text (no skipping here). When I'm told that I can't stand a chance against a certain character, and it's drilled in pretty good, I'm not going to attempt to fight said character lol. I'd rather trust my companion who has more experience in this than I do. So I never got that bad ending.

Berkili4

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2023
Yeah for me, I'm all in for the story so I pay attention to the text (no skipping here). When I'm told that I can't stand a chance against a certain character, and it's drilled in pretty good, I'm not going to attempt to fight said character lol. I'd rather trust my companion who has more experience in this than I do. So I never got that bad ending.
try it. its nice :)

seriously now, i put alot of effort in it.

• Haha
Reactions: SpyderArachnid

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
try it. its nice :)

seriously now, i made a real effort with the ending
almost got me.gif

EDIT: Seriously though, I'll give it a whirl. After reading the posts here, I've been playing through again to see what bad ending they were talking about lol.

Last edited:

Lebeaubrun

Oct 27, 2019
Actually when I have reached an ending I stop playing. If after the bad ending they send me to the start menu, I close the game. If it's a bad ending that, after watching it, takes me to an earlier point in the game, then what I'll do is exit to the start menu and close the game. In neither case will I continue the game. A bad ending is a bad ending, being taken to an earlier point in the game doesn't change that fact.

Anyway, for me it's fine that they send you to an earlier point in the game after a bad ending, whether it's that or going to the start menu doesn't matter to me.
Do you play other games that way? Like youre playing a competitive game and when another player kills you, you close it, you play Elden Ring and when the intro boss that is meant to kill you does it you close the game and never touch it again etc. Pretty hardcore way to live, must not be able to play much games for very long.

BlasKyau

Devoted Member
Jun 26, 2018
Do you play other games that way? Like youre playing a competitive game and when another player kills you, you close it, you play Elden Ring and when the intro boss that is meant to kill you does it you close the game and never touch it again etc. Pretty hardcore way to live, must not be able to play much games for very long.
This is my way of playing specifically VN (and some sandbox that are very similar to VN). And since we're in a VN I don't think I have to talk about how I like to play all the types of games that exist in the world.

HunterSeeker

Engaged Member
May 13, 2017
The whole humanity forgetting about the Darkness makes no sense. Also, the whole amnesia of these Darkness characters forgetting everything when they have new partners makes no sense either. Noel says that and then in the next sentences starts talking about her previous partners... That's so illogical; I thought they forget about all their previous partners.

Reactions: Nobles

D1bacle

Mar 3, 2021
That was a surprisingly fun little adventure to go through. Not sure if anyone mentioned it already, but Nael has white hair at the end of ch. 2. Also omega LOL at the guy that got the bad ending and didn't think to go back and choose the other option.

Nobles

Apr 15, 2022

With that situation you gave us a dumb solution. It was fucking dumb the MC walked over to him in the first place (he should of been avoided as HE KNEW WHO HE WAS) which would of been no fight anway. While im not against the MC loosing or having a stuggle/close call with death when forced into the encounter, in terms of moving the plot forward. Just killing everyone off and being "bad ending" game over.. Just pisses me off and is dumb. Is that the best can be written here? To be honest, that really showed me how useless the MC is, That he couldnt even attempt to get back on his feet after hearing her cries. Maybe its best he died after that?

So I suppose go back and choose the other option, which was akin to begging ? trying to get on his good side? (did the MC have a silver tongue?). You killed his brother, and hes out for blood. I didnt see any reason of trying to warm up to him being a good option. nah im done :) Fight or run, seems the only logical actions here

But it looks like you going to be purposely putting in bad endings and to annoy. Then thats fine and all if you want that for your game. I've moved on to other games, so its fine. Dont want to dwell on a sour spot for long. Especially if more bad endings ar to come.

I just think its a shame for me at least, cause I really did love the monster girl/spider girl theme. Two or three mangas it reminded me off Namae no Nai Kaibutsu, having a spider girl with a true giant spider form. So I did want to say that theme was cool. Spider killing humans also reminded me of Kumo Desu ga, Nanika?. LN I read quite awhile ago. She also fought threats stonger than her, and survived, thats what made her stronger.

No hard feelings. im just a little more vocal probably because im disappointed. Incompatibable maybe. Best of luck. No disrespect as you have tried to make a game :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Teddy 369
4.30 star(s) 95 Votes