VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

Lol, I thought yesterday was Thursday for whatever the reason. So this report is a day late. So it's the last day of November ya'll. The year went by fast all things considering. I didn't say this on Thanksgiving Day because I was so damn sleep deprived, but thanks again to all those that have pledged so far and thanks to those that have helped me get this VN off the ground. I only hope to continue to improve and grow from here.
Anyways, I'm working hard on Chapter 2. I have been since I released Chapter 1. I'm almost done writing Chapter 2 I feel like. I'm writing one more scene and I might stop after that scene is finished because I'm coming to the point where I'm asking "What else can I put?". If I'm asking that, that means I've already got what I need to tell this chapter.
I've listened to the feedback I've gotten and a lot of that bloated text has been taken out. A bit over 6,000 words right now, but in actuality, it's more like 5,500. In comparison to Chapter 1, that's about less than half. Chapter 1 was more around 10,000 to 12,000 words.
I'm not sure how long this chapter will feel. Despite the word length of Chapter 1, when I go back and play, it doesn't feel that long, but when I write, this isn't final at all. For instance, Chapter 1 was 10,000+ words, but when I actually started coding the text, I used the first draft I had as an outline of where I wanted to take the chapter rather than follow that draft to the letter. That's probably why some ideas don't feel very particularly realized, cause I ended up sort of free-styling the final draft. Lol, I'm on my Lil Wayne shit. On the real though, I obviously have to organize better than that, but if you're like me you tend to have an annoying reappraisal of your work and feel like you can do better.

Renders
Anyways, while I'm doing all of that, I'm gradually building up my renders as well. I'm not happy with a few of these, so I'm gonna go back and adjust them a bit. Every single reason falls right back on the look of the MC. Not really the look, but some of his expressions and his eyes do this weird thing where they look farther apart when he's looking at something. It's annoying. Right now, I'm about 35% considering fully going back to the drawing board on the MC and fixing whatever the fuck is wrong with him. Problem is, I'm already about 20 renders deep and he's in a good 30% of the renders already, so any redesign will have to wait until Chapter 3 onward.
I just feel like it's harder to get a good expression out of any male character in Daz than female character, but my VN isn't the type to hide the MC through constant POV scenes. Still, I don't like the way he looks. So yeah, lots of work there. Today and tomorrow, however, I'm taking a break. Weekends are my days off, lol. Though since I like creating characters in Daz (I have at least 100 characters created), I might use this day to redesign the MC.
I think that covers everything for now. Til next week! Hopefully I don't forget the days of the week again.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I hope ChainZero isn't paying too much attention to feedback rather than sticking with his vision. It's never a mistake to pay attention to constructive feedback, but overhauling things as a result of a few off-the-cuff comments posted here can lead to crippling cognitive dissonance about the direction of the product.

If you get feedback that you know will improve the story you want to tell, awesome! But at the end of the day, be the artist you want to be. People will be attracted to your vision and will follow you and hopefully support you. Some may not appreciate everything about what you do, and some will have suggestions--I just hope you filter those comments through the lens of your original creative process. Please don't let your game be the product of a focus-group-committee.

Also, Ayana is fucking hot! :love:

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I hope ChainZero isn't paying too much attention to feedback rather than sticking with his vision. It's never a mistake to pay attention to constructive feedback, but overhauling things as a result of a few off-the-cuff comments posted here can lead to crippling cognitive dissonance about the direction of the product.

If you get feedback that you know will improve the story you want to tell, awesome! But at the end of the day, be the artist you want to be. People will be attracted to your vision and will follow you and hopefully support you. Some may not appreciate everything about what you do, and some will have suggestions--I just hope you filter those comments through the lens of your original creative process. Please don't let your game be the product of a focus-group-committee.

Also, Ayana is fucking hot! :love:
Thank you, but you don't have to worry about that. I'm definitely creating my game here, whether people like it or not. Most of the constructive criticism here so far was definitely about the bloated text (The narration and/or monologues) and this was something that I agreed with. There were times I got a bit carried away with it and started rambling without really providing information so it didn't really run smoothly and those comments helped catch this mistake.

I'm not using the criticism here to really change anything about my project, cause nothing's changing plot-wise. The story is being told how it's being told. I'm only using the feedback here to help me tell the story I want to tell more effectively. Not to tell the story they want me to tell.

So yeah, I've listened to the strong feedback, blocked out the noise, took the things I agreed with to consideration, but nothing major has changed aside from some text changes and the look of the MC again and I'm MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH happier with his look this time around, cause I was pretty annoyed with the first 2 appearances I used. My Dev Report tomorrow will debut his 3rd and hopefully his final look (which will be in Chapter 2 despite my dev report above saying it won't.)

Also, ALL of them are fucking hot! You will see soon enough! :love:

Eerie Entity

❤︎ Victoria Shields' One True Love ❤︎
Donor
Game Developer
May 28, 2018
Thank you, but you don't have to worry about that. I'm definitely creating my game here, whether people like it or not. Most of the constructive criticism here so far was definitely about the bloated text (The narration and/or monologues) and this was something that I agreed with. There were times I got a bit carried away with it and started rambling without really providing information so it didn't really run smoothly and those comments helped catch this mistake.

I'm not using the criticism here to really change anything about my project, cause nothing's changing plot-wise. The story is being told how it's being told. I'm only using the feedback here to help me tell the story I want to tell more effectively. Not to tell the story they want me to tell.

So yeah, I've listened to the strong feedback, blocked out the noise, took the things I agreed with to consideration, but nothing major has changed aside from some text changes and the look of the MC again and I'm MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH happier with his look this time around, cause I was pretty annoyed with the first 2 appearances I used. My Dev Report tomorrow will debut his 3rd and hopefully his final look (which will be in Chapter 2 despite my dev report above saying it won't.)

I personally didn't even mind the plentiful reading in Ep1, but I am an avid reader, so that must be why, haha.

All of the ladies are hot indeed, but Ayana? She special, never seen a girl that looks quite like her in other games, she very much stands out to her own advantage, can't wait for more of her, she just instantly became one of my most favorite girls in all games, but having that said, I will give the other girls a fair chance too, no doubt :)

CrazyRabbit

Engaged Member
Oct 30, 2019

Same here, on the contrary actually ; the more to read the better
It's great that you take the constructive critism in consideration and ignore the critism that would make you change too much of your game.
Do it like you, cause I love it so far.
And yeah, Amaya really is unique in her design. Gotta love her from the start. I can't wait to see the other girls but I think my first save will be for her :D

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
But .. but ... SHE IS LITERALLY SUCKING MCS SOUL RIGHT OUT OF THEM ...
Dec 2 at 12:36am

Ayana - Sucking Your Soul

Just another wallpaper of Ayana to end the weekend.

What is there left to game after this soul sucking debacle ???

What is there left in the fate of MC after losing the only soul ready for pleasure+lust+emotion+love?

Save MCs soul and help this game back to the love of gaming path it needs to be on!

ijako3

Sep 6, 2017
Overall i like the game, but not the amount of the text.

I enjoy some reading, but in this one at some point it just becomes rambling for just rambling, it's turning into conversations about growing potatoes lvl of not interesting.

But seems like there will be some ''changes'' to that, so we'll see.

Ending note - Don't expect big amount of content for this release, just a taste of what the game is.. but it seems like it will be a good game, so i will personally wait until like version 0.4 or 0.5 to make this game as my longer playin session in the future.

0ffspring

Sep 20, 2017
Quite liked this first release... stay true to your style which you showed in this first release... good to see that there are games out there where the dev puts his story in the first place and dosen't throw sex scene after sex scene in your face... don't get me wrong I like me some good sex scenes [well i'm a pervet what can I say] but if they are delivered within a good story they are ten times more enjoyable...

might be a bit to much praise since it's the first release but if you keep up this quality i'm quite confident that it's gonna be a good time to play this game

I actually didn't mind the long dialogs but I understand if people disliked them... like I sayed story is kind of essential to me so I like the dialog as long as it is with sense...

only criticism would be the animations (well who am I to criticize them since I don't know shit about the work behind them but yeah :p)... the physic in the animations is kind of off to me... Ayanas tits and ass move unnaturaly which throws me off a bit (since I only played version 0.1 that might be something that's different in version 0.1b... if so please ignore my comment :D)

Last edited:

Ratata21

May 6, 2017
Thanks N7. Hope you guys enjoy! This was something I really wanted to do so if anyone has any feedback Im all ears. I'd like to obviously improve as I go.
Awesome game man like for real one of the few things here that are worth paying for, im pretty sure it's gonna be the nex big thing keep it up!!

Reactions: Warhawk1

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017

It's 6:40 AM as I'm typing this (This will be scheduled to post at 9). I have yet to sleep. I'm passing out as I'm typing this. But I had this rendering for about 2 hours. Then I said "I wanna see what the deal is with Adobe Lightroom. So against my better judgment to actually, you know, SLEEP, I decided to take the original render into Adobe Lightroom and fiddle with it for a bit and learn the ropes.
I'm convinced this app is magic. Because the end result in my eyes is spectacular compared to the original, which is also very good, but very bland in terms of color. Nothing pops in that one. I don't see the need to post it, as I never really intended to make this a before/after showing unless you guys are curious, then I'll edit the post.
That said, I probably overdid some of the luminance here, but that comes with the learning process. Anyways this is that. After I learn this app, I'm gonna start trying to apply those post edits to the actual in-game renders.
Outside of my experimenting, everything is going smoothly with the actual game itself. More info when there's actually something to say. Anyways, I'm going to sleep. Probably won't wake up until 3 this afternoon, but it's my day-off so whatever.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Is there any news on the update?
My last few Patreon posts on the update have been basically me detailing the obstacles of my process so far, nothing really worth posting here. But I did mention that I was gonna try to push for a January 21st release because that's my birthday and seems doable for me. But do temper your expectations and don't mark your calendars until I can definitively say that this is the release date.

hiMyNameIsBob

Oct 12, 2017
My last few Patreon posts on the update have been basically me detailing the obstacles of my process so far, nothing really worth posting here. But I did mention that I was gonna try to push for a January 21st release because that's my birthday and seems doable for me. But do temper your expectations and don't mark your calendars until I can definitively say that this is the release date.
Alright thats cool

₩on

Dec 26, 2019
This game is awesome and talks about young people's lives and how they are dealing with it. Great story and designs are AMAZING! I can't wait for the full release. I wonder how far it's in its completion though?

₩on

Dec 26, 2019
The game has only just started and has gotten 1 release so far, so the full release will not be for a every long time
I was expecting that but hey I'm willing to wait for this game and if the creator does put it on sale on Steam...I'm up to purchase it.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Time of this 20 20 NEw Year!!!

So I start 2020, this decade angry and depressed. But also fiercely determined. Determined to genuinely better myself going forward. To become attentive enough to counteract certain problems while they start small, to become durable enough to take the blows that I will inevitably be subject to. To be strong enough to hit back and succeed. And to be open enough to share my growth with the people I want to walk into the following decades with.

Happy New Year once again everyone! If you really took the time to read all of this, thank you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lol, seriously though, thanks to all of you. Connected v0.2 is on its way, don't worry.

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
Time of this 20 20 NEw Year!!!

So I start 2020, this decade angry and depressed. But also fiercely determined. Determined to genuinely better myself going forward. To become attentive enough to counteract certain problems while they start small, to become durable enough to take the blows that I will inevitably be subject to. To be strong enough to hit back and succeed. And to be open enough to share my growth with the people I want to walk into the following decades with.

Happy New Year once again everyone! If you really took the time to read all of this, thank you.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Lol, seriously though, thanks to all of you. Connected v0.2 is on its way, don't worry.
Haha I love the enthusiasm posting the news from ChainZero and making it all spiffy and colorful

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes