VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

crewfalcons

Donor
May 17, 2017
Thank you ChainZero. I was trying to find an article on this site on how to do updates in general - I have a lot to learn. Thank you again.
When you play a game that's made in Ren'Py you can find your saves on a PC like so:

C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\[NAME OF GAME]

Usually (not 100% of the time but pretty much 99.99% of the time) a developer won't change the path or folder where your saves are located version to version.

Unless it's stated in the changelog of a new version or the developer states old saves won't work, you can easily continue playing a game from your previous saves in a new version going forward.

Reactions: eddiesays

eddiesays

Nov 14, 2019
When you play a game that's made in Ren'Py you can find your saves on a PC like so:

C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\RenPy\[NAME OF GAME]

Usually (not 100% of the time but pretty much 99.99% of the time) a developer won't change the path or folder where your saves are located version to version.

Unless it's stated in the changelog of a new version or the developer states old saves won't work, you can easily continue playing a game from your previous saves in a new version going forward.
Thank you. Will look into it asap. Pretty awesome.

Mwanted

Oct 1, 2017
I've yet to try it. The twin sister is really hot, I like the model. If I had to find a (little) flaw in the artistic design is that the skins make them look too perfect/plastic, but I just looked at the screens.
My main interest is this: how's the story? Just a straight up romance with little to no choices or there's more? ;)

WaerM

Dec 3, 2017
I've yet to try it. The twin sister is really hot, I like the model. If I had to find a (little) flaw in the artistic design is that the skins make them look too perfect/plastic, but I just looked at the screens.
My main interest is this: how's the story? Just a straight up romance with little to no choices or there's more? ;)
If you play the game you will see that ChainZero did a very good job with the complexions of the skin , there are birthmarks and stuff like that to take of that perfect skin look you're refering to I was amazed by the details on that part..

Varador

Aug 17, 2016
Just wanted to say I like this game. The writing, visuals and compositions are great but...:eek: the mains reaction to hearing his birth parent bugged me so much, and how everyone has the same mindset is kinda reality shattering for me - it's like they are part of a hive mind - stuck only on one aspect of the event. The mc has no abandonment issues, not even once does anyone mention "she/I abandoned you/him". Everyone is so happy... which is fine but if a parent I have never seen called me, my reaction wouldn't be "oh ok, see ya tomorrow". I'm not saying they should be against it but there could have been a bit more discussion about this or a bit more tension about the sudden meeting with a dying parent that abandoned you (and probably - did not abandon another child). I mean if I was the mother, rather than be as cocky, I'd be a wreck.
I feel like I'm not going to like how positive that meeting is going to be... but oh well. Outside of this one thing (that hopefully wont impact the rest of the game and break my immersion even more :p ), I'm enjoying this game a lot.
PS: What happened the adoptive mother? Did the father adopt on his own? Is that something common? He works late at night (currently) was it like that when he was a kid? If so how did he raise him and the government let him? Will we have any of these answers? Or "is this just a game" and I should calm my tits down? So many questions!

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Just wanted to say I like this game. The writing, visuals and compositions are great but...:eek: the mains reaction to hearing his birth parent bugged me so much, and how everyone has the same mindset is kinda reality shattering for me - it's like they are part of a hive mind - stuck only on one aspect of the event. The mc has no abandonment issues, not even once does anyone mention "she/I abandoned you/him". Everyone is so happy... which is fine but if a parent I have never seen called me, my reaction wouldn't be "oh ok, see ya tomorrow". I'm not saying they should be against it but there could have been a bit more discussion about this or a bit more tension about the sudden meeting with a dying parent that abandoned you (and probably - did not abandon another child). I mean if I was the mother, rather than be as cocky, I'd be a wreck.
I feel like I'm not going to like how positive that meeting is going to be... but oh well. Outside of this one thing (that hopefully wont impact the rest of the game and break my immersion even more :p ), I'm enjoying this game a lot.
PS: What happened the adoptive mother? Did the father adopt on his own? Is that something common? He works late at night (currently) was it like that when he was a kid? If so how did he raise him and the government let him? Will we have any of these answers? Or "is this just a game" and I should calm my tits down? So many questions!
Glad you liked it :). And I get your stance on this whole thing and most, if not all your questions will be answered in Chapter 2. But I don't associate putting a child up for adoption as abandonment whatsoever. I don't think adoption has to be viewed that dramatically, in most cases anyway, though I'm sure this is such a case sometimes. And it's the same for the MC and his sister (they were both put up for adoption.) The MC is sort of "matter of fact" about it because he's never had any reason to feel abandoned. He was put up for adoption as a baby. His adoptive father is the only parent he's ever known and evidently he's been a great father to him. So he holds no grudge against his birth mother. The only thing he feels is a bit of anxiety and nervousness because this is what someone would probably consider a "big deal". That's as far as that drama goes.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
Ayana is gorgeous but for some reason that's not the big thing here: I laughed at the banter between Ayana and MC... and then I teared up. I dried them up in order to devour more to the story but just clicks down I got "To be continued..." :eek:

A wonderful start to this journey... (y)

Oct 22, 2017
Ah god why do I do this to myself downloading 0.1 versions of games.

The writing and the story had me intrigued, but as the 0.1 would imply there's barely any content yet. Still, I look forward to seeing how this progresses. The renders are good and the writing has a nice flow to it making it easy for me to get read along and get invested.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Ah god why do I do this to myself downloading 0.1 versions of games.

The writing and the story had me intrigued, but as the 0.1 would imply there's barely any content yet. Still, I look forward to seeing how this progresses. The renders are good and the writing has a nice flow to it making it easy for me to get read along and get invested.
Tbh, this is one of those rare 0.1 that had enough content to warrant a download.
I would add this game to my sig but, sadly, 6 links are max. Oh, well. Maybe in the future.

Reactions: botc76

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
too many good looking ass here
There is no such thing. ;)

Okay.... I like this one. Ayana is gorgeous and funny, the writing is good, the renders look nice, apart from those two during sex on the couch, with the weird split picture look.

One thing I do have to mention is that I think there's too much text. You don't need to explain every single thing the characters do, especially not if THEY explain it themselves.
And while the dialogue isn't bad, the banter might not be as funny or entertaining as it seems, at least in my case I could have done with a little less of it, because then THAT would have been MORE entertaining than being hit with this constant barrage of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying in any way it is bad, but sometimes less is more and if your chars were a little less talkative and your narrator cut back a little, I think the game would actually improve due to that.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
There is no such thing. ;)

Okay.... I like this one. Ayana is gorgeous and funny, the writing is good, the renders look nice, apart from those two during sex on the couch, with the weird split picture look.

One thing I do have to mention is that I think there's too much text. You don't need to explain every single thing the characters do, especially not if THEY explain it themselves.
And while the dialogue isn't bad, the banter might not be as funny or entertaining as it seems, at least in my case I could have done with a little less of it, because then THAT would have been MORE entertaining than being hit with this constant barrage of it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying in any way it is bad, but sometimes less is more and if your chars were a little less talkative and your narrator cut back a little, I think the game would actually improve due to that.
0.1b should have fixed that split lighting error.

And yeah, I hear you on the text part. Due to the slow burn, there’s a lot of downtime for the characters to talk to each other, and that continues in Ch 2, but I have started to dial back the narration quite a bit from narration and monologues to real time thoughts from the MC so the dialogue doesn’t take long breaks when it’s not supposed to.

But seeing as there isn’t much happening at the moment, I tried to rely on the banter between these 2 characters to make it entertaining enough and there’s definitely more of that in the next version. I don’t know if it’s too much, but as the events begin to escalate, these things should regulate as well. Thanks for the feedback. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Computergod67

Oct 9, 2018
I had no problem with the amount of text after all it's an .01 version and character setups and backgrounds have to be established so that things that are happening makes sense, at least for me anyway. Even the sex scene seemed normal as with most .01 version when sex scenes are put in it's for no rhyme or reason with no connection to the characters. So for me this was a very good first release and i look forward to more.

Maverick1965

Sep 2, 2018
I'm enjoying this one so far. Dialog is great, Ayana is all kinds of smoking hot and the storyline is intriguing. I'm wondering if there'll be an option to name other characters though? I always find that adds to the immersion.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018

Happy Thanksgiving!

So this can't be any later than it already is, but Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I hope everyone, whether you celebrate it or not have had a wonderful day wherever you are. My day has been decent. The best thing was obviously the food I was blessed with today. And this render took some time to get right as well. Not Thanksgiving-themed whatsoever, but just a little something to end the day with.
I hope you all enjoy it and enjoy the rest of your day or night wherever you live. I'll be making the most of the rest of my night here before I collapse on my bed.

is the girl on the far right nurse Vanessa? :love:
btw LOVE the dog :giggle:

FNineGamer

Oct 3, 2019
This game had me hooked and I didn't even know there was sex scenes in this version till i read through the comments. Very well done, I like the story so far.

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
really enjoyed this game so far , the content could be a little better ,, meaning ,, some sexual innuendo at least ,,, i mean i think there was a little, but more could be better than that great game (y)

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 61 Votes