VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes
D

Deleted member 1191611

Damn great story buddy with a lot of possibilities, I'd like you keep up with same ..
Still I have two suggestions, can you please redo the guy face. It's too girly.
And I'd like to see more of Ayana (and if possible her mother) and Charlotte rather than too many other girls.

Well once again it's interesting story, awesome man

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ValueError: unsupported format character 'y' (0x79) at index 13

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/ch02.rpyc", line 2210, in script
    �:��[H�o��NPޱPvY�[�Qhr�-r��bDr�J(�_B�?�uJ��ZiF���J��L��cU'H��
  File "C:\Users\Pomf\Downloads\Connected-v02-pc\Connected-v0.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 706, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Pomf\Downloads\Connected-v02-pc\Connected-v0.2-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 1325, in say
    what = what % tag_quoting_dict
ValueError: unsupported format character 'y' (0x79) at index 13

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
v0.2
Sun Feb 02 10:18:14 2020
Annoyed route seems broken
it seems as a renpy problem to me, which happens sometimes.
you could try to update exports.py, from the newer renpy version instead that from 7.3.2, and see if that fixes it.
edit. are you playing compressed or uncompressed game?
if you are on uncompressed, you could try compressed version as there are already updated renpy files...

GrannyJuices

Dec 27, 2019
Fucking gorgeous. Models are beautiful, renders are clean af, story is really intriguing, etc. Obviously there's minor mistakes such as wrong you're/your but that's bound to happen. REALLY happy with this game so far, hella excited for future updates.

One question though. The game has a "Vaginal Sex" tag, but I don't remember seeing anything. Was it because of some of my choices or is it simply not implemented yet?

MLBnoob

Mar 13, 2019
Fucking gorgeous. Models are beautiful, renders are clean af, story is really intriguing, etc. Obviously there's minor mistakes such as wrong you're/your but that's bound to happen. REALLY happy with this game so far, hella excited for future updates.

One question though. The game has a "Vaginal Sex" tag, but I don't remember seeing anything. Was it because of some of my choices or is it simply not implemented yet?
Hint: disturb her in the shower and try to pick the appropriate dialogue choices prior to that.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018
Facial expresions in this game are awesome, you can feel how excited Charlotte was when she saw MC, joking about how she is his big sis, and overall how over the moon happy she is in every interaction with MC, her look says it all :)

also Nicole when she came over to MC's flat, she was so shy and it looked like she has a huge crush on MC, it was cute and adorable AF :giggle:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

edit: can someone make Vanessa sig, pretty please :)

Last edited:

Konasuba

Jun 29, 2019
This is a classic in the making. very rare for me to say "damn, this is good" after finishing a visual novel but this one has done it twice already. All of the characters are charming and very likable. especially charlotte and ayana. Michelle and the nurse (forgot her name) are hot and have potential too. really looking forward to where the story comes from here, good shit

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
I started playing this game and it has potential. The girls are freaking gorgeous, all of them. Only problem I had with this game was that they took it so calmly and didn't even bring up the reason as to why the mom put them up for adoption. I don't know about most people but if I was told that all of a sudden I had a twin I'd be a but upset at the parent who put me up for adoption for taking away my chance to know my twin. But other than that detail the game is great.
Since this game seems to be literally about my life, except that I have ugly bearded bald brothers rather than a drop dead gorgeous sister, it is a difficult question to ask... In the moment of asking your birth parents the questions you want answers to, a lot of shit gets forgotten by the brevity of it... I met my birth father 10 years before my birth mother and I was so shocked by what was sitting in front of me I never even thought to ask my dad what my damned mom's first name was... It took me another 10 years and a shitload of government redtape to find her!...

Last edited:
Reactions: Uriel ☁

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
Yeah, that's not staying the same. Gloria's appearance was put together rather quickly. She's definitely gonna have a redesign before she appears again. Same with MC's mom.
There's actually nothing wrong with Gloria looking young like that. It's way more common than most people think, so don't feel too much pressure on aging her up. You don't even have to be from places where overwhelming beauty is expected like LA or Miami. I'm from Detroit. I see it all the damn time when I'm in the city. Genetics and taking care of yourself works wonders. I've said this before on this site, but I personally know a few 60+ year old women who look like they're in their early 30's. I know some late 20's and early 30's men and women that look close to 50. Got 3 older cousins going on 50 that still look like they did when they were 26 give or take a few pounds. Human bodies are weird like that.

Reactions: Valeck

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
Thanks for the correction, but did I make this mistake somewhere? Could've sworn I put "Adoptive" in the right places.
EDIT: Nvm, found the errors right away. Thanks for the correction.
Well talking about the story that the only shadow for me: the adoption of the children. We don't know why, the children don't know why, the mother don't tell why, but every body seems to not care, not a little bit. I don't now that sound strange. Ok , you don't ask the question obviously the first day, but for now no ressentiment, no remark, no internal dialogue... That seems out of place for me. And in the game where the story, the characters, and their interactions are importants, and great that sound even more strange.

vir_cotto

Engaged Member
Aug 9, 2017
Finished the last update. So many wonderful characters, so vivid... It's absolutely wonderful. Dialogues are believable, something you would expect in certain situations - like that conversation between Ayana and her mum. It seems like a little thing, but such conversations are almost nonexistent in most of the adult games.

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
There's actually nothing wrong with Gloria looking young like that. It's way more common than most people think, so don't feel too much pressure on aging her up. You don't even have to be from places where overwhelming beauty is expected like LA or Miami. I'm from Detroit. I see it all the damn time when I'm in the city. Genetics and taking care of yourself works wonders. I've said this before on this site, but I personally know a few 60+ year old women who look like they're in their early 30's. I know some late 20's and early 30's men and women that look close to 50. Got 3 older cousins going on 50 that still look like they did when they were 26 give or take a few pounds. Human bodies are weird like that.
Your right but she literally look tennager. If she had her daughter very young ok, she can be a 35-40 year old looking 25-27 (and have Ayana at 15-20). So a litlle remodling would not be bad,or a story development...

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Sin Eater

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
but for now no ressentiment, no remark, no internal dialogue... That seems out of place for me.
You missed a whole lot then.

That entire thing was a perfect example of "show don't tell".

His whole body language and the fact he didn't hug her despite his sisters insistance and his mothers time limit showed he had reservations.

It didn't need a remark or internal monologue, it showed it all in the scene. Any monologue would have ruined it.

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
Your right but she literally look tennager. If she had her daughter very young ok, she can be a 35-40 year old looking 25-27 (and have Ayana at 15-20). So a litlle remodling would not be bad,or a story development...
I'm not seeing the teenager bit from Gloria. Even so, if changes are made to her they don't need to be drastic. Her body looks mid-late 20's to me. If its her face that looks too young to some, I'm not sure what to say here. My mother's face looked the same from her early 20's until right before she died at 61. The only thing that affected her face was weight gain over the course of my life until she started doing chemo in her late 50's. After that she started to look closer to her actual age.
I realize some of my points may be anecdotal and also skewed by what I tend to see from members of my own family. They tend to look much younger than they actually are. Even the ones that look old look a couple decades younger than you'd expect. Though stress and weight affects that to some degree with them.

Last edited:

joe powa

Nov 10, 2017
You missed a whole lot then.

That entire thing was a perfect example of "show don't tell".

His whole body language and the fact he didn't hug her despite his sisters insistance and his mothers time limit showed he had reservations.

It didn't need a remark or internal monologue, it showed it all in the scene. Any monologue would have ruined it.
Monologue aren't great i hear you !
But the "show don't tell" don't show me what you see. Is out of the talk and the sentimentalism, yes. And it's possibly because of that. But that go with his character too.
Truely, the ressentiment of the situation, the sadness, the questionning, i don't see the mc bring that in the history, more other character like the mother, the sister, ayana or chel.
For now nobody talk about it, and it's a question of time, and not really a bad point for the construction of the story but in the moment it was a bit strange for me.
But it's a detail.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes