VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

SecretDesire

May 15, 2019
Just because Charlotte experimented a bit, it doesn't make her a bi automatic, and I don't even know why you'd think that of Ayana, since she was kinda freaked out about Michelle checking her out that much.
you forgot last phone call details ... MC mentioned about twin thing and said it's a she not he and Ayana think about it different kinda way and talking about Michelle she said "She is gorgeous" and MC said she can read people and after that Ayana said "that kind of people make me freak out" :D and i guess there is more thing with Charlotte it's not just a experiment, her roommate masturbate scene she look different way to her private parts you know :D but it's maybe about hair or trim thing but there is something.

EdPokol

Mar 31, 2019
Man oh man, this ChainZero truly is an artist with words and with visuals. Very happy to have found this gem :)
Facial expressions are so good, they really enhance the dialogues. Same goes for the dog, never in any game I saw a dog like this. Last but not least the... girls. Not the big boobed regulars but real life stunners.

Thanks ChainZero!!

Zhaiel

Sep 15, 2018
Loved the game! well written story, great characters and such a sweet and bitter plot at the same time.
I definitely wanna see more of your work.
By any chance, have you considered to translate this game?
I'd like to offer my help with that, me and my colleague try to focus mainly on adult games. Especially on those that contains sex but not as a priority. Let me know if you're interested!

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
I really liked the new update. The ladies still look great, even though they all seem kind of similar in regards to the cut of their faces and noses.
But, that's hardly a problem.

One thing I have to say is that they all seem to be close to being annoying. Just like the constant banter with Ayana in the first version got old pretty fast, I was beginning to get really annoyed by Charlotte.
It sort of switched around later in the update though and she dialled that behaviour down a lot.

But it's similar with both of her friends as well, they weren't annoying, but both showed behaviour that could very well turn into being irritating as hell, if it happens too often.

I'm sort of interested if this is intentional and if the dev is planning on stradling this line with all of them... or if he really just knows that many exhausting women in his private life. ;)

Anyway, definitely looking forward to more.

Reactions: HK51

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018

Response to Reception so far
So just about a week has passed now since I released Chapter 2 of Connected to you guys and if I were to tell myself a few months ago that people would love my story so much that I would receive overwhelming heaps of praise, I'd laugh in my own face and say "don't play like that." Compared to some of the other top games and successful developers right now, I definitely haven't scratched the surface as yet, but still, I haven't been shrouded with so much praise and faith before, by people I don't even know and will never meet for that matter. It's a pretty surreal experience, so forgive my naive gushing right now.
So equal thanks to those that played and to those that pledged. In an industry where games such as these are a sea of copy & paste projects, I can only promise to work hard on my vision so you guys know that your pledge is truly worth a damn here.
-----------------------------------
Dev Report
With that being said, moving on to the Dev Report now, I've already started on working on the concept of Chapter 3 and I know the general idea of where I want to go with this chapter. I'll be starting the writing process for that shortly.
I don't know how long it will be yet and I don't have a release date for it yet. It will be done when it's done, but concerning all of this, I do want to try experimenting with a few things development-wise just to see what would work better for me. I've already done a bigger release with a longer update period, but I also want to try a smaller release with a shorter update period, just to see how I feel in that process. All of this right now is just me thinking out loud to you guys, so there isn't anything set in stone for what I'm gonna do as yet on that front, but when I feel ready to do something about that, I'll say something.
Just know this won't compromise the work on this story. I just want to get a better read on what I can personally handle as a rookie developer.
-------------------------------------
One more thing...
On one more quick note, I'm expected to be without my internet for a few days. That's the expectation at least. So I likely won't be able to answer any questions or respond to any general comments as quickly as I would like, but this does not affect development at all since I don't need the internet to work on this. In fact, it might make me concentrate better.
Until I post again guys, thanks again for the kind words. They truly mean the world.

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018

So this is my first poll ever. Uhh, what do I say? These are 2 outfits I chose for Ayana for chapter 3. Take your pick. I won't set an end date for this, I'll just tell you when it's over with a post or something, but I don't know when I'll start the rendering process for Chapter 3, so yeah, vote to your heart's content!
Since this is my first poll ever, I'll make it public so everyone can take their vote, as my "creative" way of saying thanks. But every poll after this one will be for the tier the poll perk falls under, which starts at $10.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
What a fucking game!! Man this one is soo good so far.
I must admit that I don't normally play a game unless it's been going for at least 6 months, but I was bored and the image of the girl on the banner (That I now know as Ayana) was just so attractive to me, that I just had to try it.

And boy was I glad... All the girls introduced so far are awesome, but I think I'm going to try and stick with Ayana for this one.

The choices from the start are quite significant and changes dialogue and even the story flow quite significantly.

Can not wait for Chapter 3 :D

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Not technically true.

She picked her boyfriend over us. She cut all ties with the MC but her boyfriend was paranoid and cheated on her anyway. They split up and she went back to MC. If he hadn't cheated on her she would still be ignoring us.

Sure she didn't exactly have her heart in that relationship which is where the technically comes in but she did pick someone else.

Granted it's not that clear cut, MC has a hard time with showing emotions due to his upbringing so Ayana probably doesn't know where she stands with him considering she has feelings for him that would make it hard for her.
Very early to tell, but my take on it at this stage.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's how I play it in any case… The dialogue is quite different for different options, so different playthroughs, can possible give different vibes.

Uriel ☁

Nov 28, 2017

So this is my first poll ever. Uhh, what do I say? These are 2 outfits I chose for Ayana for chapter 3. Take your pick. I won't set an end date for this, I'll just tell you when it's over with a post or something, but I don't know when I'll start the rendering process for Chapter 3, so yeah, vote to your heart's content!
Since this is my first poll ever, I'll make it public so everyone can take their vote, as my "creative" way of saying thanks. But every poll after this one will be for the tier the poll perk falls under, which starts at $10.
Knee-high socks vs. Hotpants. My brain refuses to choose :LOL:

It's how I play it in any case… The dialogue is quite different for different options, so different playthroughs, can possible give different vibes.
This is what I think as well. The same thing happened to a friend of mine. She was used to fuck up relationships and didn't want to risk fucking up the only one that was working, despite obviously having some feelings involved. Hopefully this one will work out unlike what happened to my friend :(

Poor MC is being Friendzoned with benefits :LOL:

Last edited:
Reactions: Alfius

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

At the end of the last update it's heavily hinted that Ayana is in love with MC.

Not sure how it's going to play out, the way the MC comes across is kinda disinterested in everything. Likes the sex with Ayana but I can't tell if he has any stronger feelings cos he seems very detached from the world.

I think any relationship is going to take a long time to start story wise, it's going to need a lot of character growth from MC anyway.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
At the end of the last update it's heavily hinted that Ayana is in love with MC.

Not sure how it's going to play out, the way the MC comes across is kinda disinterested in everything. Likes the sex with Ayana but I can't tell if he has any stronger feelings cos he seems very detached from the world.

I think any relationship is going to take a long time to start story wise, it's going to need a lot of character growth from MC anyway.
Agreed 100%

The opening sequence between MC and Ayana does give me hope that the MC does also see the potential in her.
The fact that she share certain things, only with him. But I agree on your take on the MC, he does seem to be disinterested in everything.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Very boring story with lots of uninterestiing inner monologues and bricks of text. Huge turn off for one of the girls referring to you as a n***a. The twin sister comes off as very shallow being obsessed with your height - I mean come on, what about liking your personality. Nothing interesting happens that persuades you to keep checking out future updates - just some shitty ex boyfriend drama, a VERY overused Voss Hair feature for one of the girls, and sleep inducing dialogue.
Don't feed the troll....

Reactions: Dalish

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
Even with all the narration, it's way too early to draw a conclusion as what the MC thinks or not about an Ayana relationship. We had already a bunch of information from Ayanas side, but for the MC, we're pretty much Jon Snowed at this point. How he feels about them, what he thought about the whole getting cut off situation, did he had someone during that time, or in general had he had hookups at least, or was just all alone during the whole thing.

Alfius

Engaged Member
Modder
Sep 30, 2017
Even with all the narration, it's way too early to draw a conclusion as what the MC thinks or not about an Ayana relationship. We had already a bunch of information from Ayanas side, but for the MC, we're pretty much Jon Snowed at this point. How he feels about them, what he thought about the whole getting cut off situation, did he had someone during that time, or in general had he had hookups at least, or was just all alone during the whole thing.
I agree, but...during the opening sequence, the MC thinks

So while I agree that it's to early to draw definite conclusions, there is definitely enough there to conclude that it can easily move into the next step, considering that they already have casual sex as well

Having said that, I think the MC is very disinterested/apathetic to the world, and possible have not even though about it.

Maverick1965

Sep 2, 2018
I'm still loving this, although it's definitely a slow burn sort of thing. Fresh faces are a pleasant change and the background story is a little more unique than most. I really hope the dev goes the distance with this one.

Morgul Xen

Fledgeling Vampire
Donor
Mar 27, 2019
Really enjoyed this so far. Loved the dog, it reminded me of mine, her name was poppy, she was very smart aswell. I miss that little princess. :[

D

Deleted member 619154

I just can’t wait for the next update! This game is definitely one of my favorite games, and it will work it way to the top of my list! Good luck with the development of this game and I wish you the very best <3

Reactions: xbinhoux and Dalish

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
I really love the story! I don't mind renders being very pleasing to my eyes. :love:

Just to mention small technical hickups:
  • Right in the start of 0.2 update in the hospital scene where MC mentions having a dog there is one Ayana tag when Charlotte is talking about wanting a dog.
  • When Nicole and Charlotte start taking off their shoes, there is a render of MC and Charlotte MC saying "I actually had sleep on my mind..." and Charlotte is wearing her earlier clothes at the hospital scene.
PS. It was weird to read, when there was a talk about MC's height, "a millimeter over 5'11" ". Do people using imperial standards mix metric stuff like that? As a Finn I'd imagine someone could say like "an inch over 5'11" ".

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes