VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
I really love the story! I don't mind renders being very pleasing to my eyes. :love:

Just to mention small technical hickups:
  • Right in the start of 0.2 update in the hospital scene where MC mentions having a dog there is one Ayana tag when Charlotte is talking about wanting a dog.
  • When Nicole and Charlotte start taking off their shoes, there is a render of MC and Charlotte MC saying "I actually had sleep on my mind..." and Charlotte is wearing her earlier clothes at the hospital scene.
PS. It was weird to read, when there was a talk about MC's height, "a millimeter over 5'11" ". Do people using imperial standards mix metric stuff like that? As a Finn I'd imagine someone could say like "an inch over 5'11" ".
We'd be more apt to say something like "a quarter inch over 5'11" ". If you wanted to stress a super small increment, reduce the fraction to 1/8 or 1/16 inch.

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
We'd be more apt to say something like "a quarter inch over 5'11" ". If you wanted to stress a super small increment, reduce the fraction to 1/8 or 1/16 inch.
An inch is 25.4 millimeters (or 2.54 centimeters) so you'd have to down to 1/32 to get a smaller increment than a millimeter. ;) A millimeter is the smallest fraction of a meter (= 1000 mm) what we have in our measuring tapes and rulers because it's large enough to mark it clearly. Centimeters are used when we tell how tall we are (and only short ones count half centimeters :) ). I'm 182 cm so I'd be almost a centimeter "taller" in imperials because that would translate to six feets. :D

Reactions: Dalish

Glooskabe

Jan 4, 2020
An inch is 25.4 millimeters (or 2.54 centimeters) so you'd have to down to 1/32 to get a smaller increment than a millimeter. ;) A millimeter is the smallest fraction of a meter (= 1000 mm) what we have in our measuring tapes and rulers because it's large enough to mark it clearly. Centimeters are used when we tell how tall we are (and only short ones count half centimeters :) ). I'm 182 cm so I'd be almost a centimeter "taller" in imperials because that would translate to six feets. :D
I wasn't trying for an exact conversion. I was going for a translation that conveyed the general idea in a natural sounding way which is what the person I responded to asked for...

Reactions: Maverick1965

SpikeZg

Engaged Member
May 8, 2018

Decided to make Dev Reports completely public. Wooo! Only previews will be patron-only. Aww! Except for concept previews like this one ---v Whew!

Here's a concept of Ayana that will also be used in Chapter 3. I intended to go way sexier in this department, but due to the nature of the scene it's intended for, it'd just be very awkward for everyone involved, so I elected the more modest appearance here. Maybe I'll do a little bonus scene or something with her in her sexier fit.
Poll
It looks pretty clear to me that last week's poll has a clear winner. Option 2 is winning by a pretty clear margin, which I somewhat expected. A little more skin and she gets to show off her beautiful legs more . So Option 2 will be Ayana's choice of clothes for Chapter 3.
But to the people that chose the first option, do not worry. Ayana will wear those clothes in her next appearance. So if she has a good amount of screen time worth showing off her appearance in Chapter 4, she will be wearing the clothes from Option 1. If she doesn't have a lasting presence in Chapter 4, she will be wearing Option 1 whenever we end up getting a good amount of time with her.
Chapter 3
I began the writing process recently and I just finished the first scene for the most part. A little more revision and I'm good with this. I'm gonna do this differently though. I put a lot on my plate doing Chapter 2 because I did one thing at a time, which kind of overwhelmed me. I took a lot of breaks and procrastinated as a result. I wrote the whole thing. Then I rendered the whole thing. Then I coded the whole thing. I like working alone because I can control everything, but I did it wrong at that time. I allowed my mind to look at the 2000+ lines of story and become discouraged because of it. I promise you, the shit looked endless at the time.
This time I'm gonna do this in increments. Scene by scene. So now that the first scene is written, I'm gonna render it and code it, while working on the writing for scene 2 in between the rendering process for scene 1. Sometimes you gotta trick your mind into thinking it's not that much by taking the full thing and dividing it. Cut me some slack though, I'm allowed to make these rookie mistakes! But now that that rookie mistake is out of the way, you can begin looking forward to some chapter previews soon.
Until next post!

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Uncensored Version Coming in a little while. If I had remembered this day was approaching, I would've prepared a wallpaper for all the girls in Connected, but it literally just came to my attention late last night/early this morning that it was Valentine's day. So this was the best I could prepare after I found that out. But who's gonna complain? Everyone loves some more Ayana! Plus I kinda don't want to show off the skin of my girls before they show it off themselves in the game.

mmmonsterkill

Aug 30, 2016

So this is my first poll ever. Uhh, what do I say? These are 2 outfits I chose for Ayana for chapter 3. Take your pick. I won't set an end date for this, I'll just tell you when it's over with a post or something, but I don't know when I'll start the rendering process for Chapter 3, so yeah, vote to your heart's content!
Since this is my first poll ever, I'll make it public so everyone can take their vote, as my "creative" way of saying thanks. But every poll after this one will be for the tier the poll perk falls under, which starts at $10.
2 feels more fitting for her imo

Robert Monotoli

Jun 16, 2018

Uncensored Version Coming in a little while. If I had remembered this day was approaching, I would've prepared a wallpaper for all the girls in Connected, but it literally just came to my attention late last night/early this morning that it was Valentine's day. So this was the best I could prepare after I found that out. But who's gonna complain? Everyone loves some more Ayana! Plus I kinda don't want to show off the skin of my girls before they show it off themselves in the game.
This reply has been censored for your own safety. (Reason given: Too much horniness and drooling detected in the reply.)

--Ministry of Pubic "Safety"

• Haha
Reactions: Dalish

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
I like the game so far, its a bit wordy which isn't a huge issue for me as i feel like a lot of the story flows in the right direction but there are some parts that are a little weird for me.

MC has weird features, very fair of skin but black hair/mouth, almost like the Dev wanted to have the MC be black but seeing most games with black mc's knew they wouldn't get much support.

Also Ayana is AMAZING, love the girl but the scene where she drops the N word in the MC's apartment... No, no no no, so much cringe!
I can only speak for myself here but as a white guy, it has been drilled into me, basically from birth, that the N-word is not okay to use, even joking with friends.
I usually only see it in redneck/ignorant folks, so seeing Ayana, who's obviously white use it kinda put my teeth on edge.

Speaking of characters, I'm confused, they mention skin color a couple times when you are having lunch with Charlotte, she specifically says she's fairer and her foster parents are dark skinned but she's the same race as her foster parents. This threw me off as Charlotte and the Mom is obviously white.

Is the MC and Charlotte suppose to be black? If so, the models do not reflect this at all, well, except for the parts with the MC's hair, lips.
Also the Interracial tag needs to be added then.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: BTungsteno

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I like the game so far, its a bit wordy which isn't a huge issue for me as i feel like a lot of the story flows in the right direction but there are some parts that are a little weird for me.

MC has weird features, very fair of skin but black hair/mouth, almost like the Dev wanted to have the MC be black but seeing most games with black mc's knew they wouldn't get much support.
Glad you liked the game so far overall. A few things though. MC and Charlotte are mixed. They do have black genes. Not to make this a racial lesson or anything, but being black isn't exclusive to one specific skin color. We're all adults here, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. I'm a black guy who happens to be fair in complexion. My father and all of his siblings except for 2 was born and raised in Jamaica, and all except for 3 are even lighter than me. His mother, same color, born and raised in Jamaica as well, but her father was Irish which I'm sure is the reason for our skin color.

I don't want to spoil anything, but the MC and Charlotte are very much the same here. It has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks about black people in adult games, trust me, I couldn't care less. The MC and Charlotte are the way they are because it's who I am. I can understand the blue eyes throwing people off, but you can say that was a personal choice by design. The blue eyes of the MC, Charlotte and Susan just pop out to me more.

Also Ayana is AMAZING, love the girl but the scene where she drops the N word in the MC's apartment... No, no no no, so much cringe!
I can only speak for myself here but as a white guy, it has been drilled into me, basically from birth, that the N-word is not okay to use, even joking with friends.
I usually only see it in redneck/ignorant folks, so seeing Ayana, who's obviously white use it kinda put my teeth on edge.
Ayana is black as well. Honestly don't really see how you mistook her for a white girl :ROFLMAO: but it's all good lol. And that's another thing. The N word. I said this on my Patreon but it's behind a paywall with the release of the game and didn't deliver the message here. I'll try to keep it brief. I'm a black guy that grew up in the middle of the hood of New York City. Born and raised by the streets, though I've done my best to surround myself with good influences.

The slang used and the N word are just a natural part of my vocabulary and I understand that will be a turnoff for some people, but believe me when I say I've been very tame. I create their dialogue based on how I would talk with my friends, but trust me, it's very watered down. If I wrote the dialogue 100% based on how I truly spoke with my friends, most people would probably be very turned off. "Bro" after every sentence, "N word" after every sentence, a bunch of NYC slang, ya'll not ready for that so I spared ya'll the headache lol. <-- See what I mean?

As a black guy, it's been drilled into me that this word is wrong, but that hasn't stopped me from basically abusing the word around my friends. Not to be spiteful, but it's because you are bred by your environment just as much as your parents. Plus I'm very easy going, to the point where I've been told I care too little about shit, so the word is just that to me, a word. A word people around me use and a word that's basically abused in the music I listen to.

Same with Ayana. The word is just that to her. A word. I'm sorry you are put off by it, but I'm not gonna stop using that word because it's part of what makes these characters real to me. It's the reality of my upbringing. So just know it's not being used to sound edgy or cool or anything like that. It's used because I use it. It's used because people I know use it. Daily. Because it's what I consider to be natural speech.

Speaking of characters, I'm confused, they mention skin color a couple times when you are having lunch with Charlotte, she specifically says she's fairer and her foster parents are dark skinned but she's the same race as her foster parents. This threw me off as Charlotte and the Mom is obviously white
I've already covered this but I'ma just *wink, wink* about the Mom. It's not like it's a big reveal or something important or anything, I just rather let the story tell you naturally. It's far more fun that way. When it comes to my game, understand appearances aren't going to tell you everything about my characters. That's the beauty of it. Hope my novel here cleared up some things though. Again, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I hope I continue to keep your attention going forward. Also hope the dialogue here doesn't completely steer you away lol.

I said it for you, but I know more people will have the same questions and assumptions, so I'm kind of hoping that people will direct anyone else with questions/assumptions like these to this post here.

constantine

Jul 1, 2017
Well, it's different when white people say the N-word compared to when black people say it. When a black person uses it, it's a way for them to claim the word for themselves, rather than (historically), the word being used against them by others. So, knowing the dev is black makes the word usage okay in my book. But I understand not everyone will see it that way.

I like the game so far, but I must say scene variety is a bit lacking at the moment. Most scenes involve people eating. Someone is always hungry! Having characters do other things than just eat while chatting would help keep players interest. Eating and cooking is important to the characters, I get it, but try not to rely on that too much.

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
ChainZero To be honest I personally don't care much about the 'use' of the N-word, but about just the 'sudden' use of it.
To me, it felt out of place. You could balance it out a bit better with the dialogue that's leading up to that point (when the dialogue is all nice, soft and sweet, and suddenly you drop N-bomb it feels more like an insult and stands out more).

or whatever. just my thoughts.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
ChainZero To be honest I personally don't care much about the 'use' of the N-word, but about just the 'sudden' use of it.
To me, it felt out of place. You could balance it out a bit better with the dialogue that's leading up to that point (when the dialogue is all nice, soft and sweet, and suddenly you drop N-bomb it feels more like an insult and stands out more).

or whatever. just my thoughts.
I hear you. Thing is, when it comes to us (me and my peers as far as it’s concerned) it’s not a word that requires buildup. It just drops out of habit. It’s not planned. It requires more conscious effort to AVOID saying the word in certain situations in fact.

As for how it’s used in this scene, well, that was kind of the point. As you know, Ayana is a playful girl and a bit unpredictable. Her thought process in that scene can be summarized as choosing to “play it cool“ but not only is that shit boring, the fucker in front of her (MC) kept closing his eyes again, so in her mind she’s like “fuck it. I tried.” But we know she didn’t really try.

The ArcKnight

Nylon enthusiast, Harem enjoyer.
Donor
May 19, 2018
Glad you liked the game so far overall. A few things though. MC and Charlotte are mixed. They do have black genes. Not to make this a racial lesson or anything, but being black isn't exclusive to one specific skin color. We're all adults here, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that. I'm a black guy who happens to be fair in complexion. My father and all of his siblings except for 2 was born and raised in Jamaica, and all except for 3 are even lighter than me. His mother, same color, born and raised in Jamaica as well, but her father was Irish which I'm sure is the reason for our skin color.

I don't want to spoil anything, but the MC and Charlotte are very much the same here. It has nothing to do with what anyone else thinks about black people in adult games, trust me, I couldn't care less. The MC and Charlotte are the way they are because it's who I am. I can understand the blue eyes throwing people off, but you can say that was a personal choice by design. The blue eyes of the MC, Charlotte and Susan just pop out to me more.

Ayana is black as well. Honestly don't really see how you mistook her for a white girl :ROFLMAO: but it's all good lol. And that's another thing. The N word. I said this on my Patreon but it's behind a paywall with the release of the game and didn't deliver the message here. I'll try to keep it brief. I'm a black guy that grew up in the middle of the hood of New York City. Born and raised by the streets, though I've done my best to surround myself with good influences.

The slang used and the N word are just a natural part of my vocabulary and I understand that will be a turnoff for some people, but believe me when I say I've been very tame. I create their dialogue based on how I would talk with my friends, but trust me, it's very watered down. If I wrote the dialogue 100% based on how I truly spoke with my friends, most people would probably be very turned off. "Bro" after every sentence, "N word" after every sentence, a bunch of NYC slang, ya'll not ready for that so I spared ya'll the headache lol. <-- See what I mean?

As a black guy, it's been drilled into me that this word is wrong, but that hasn't stopped me from basically abusing the word around my friends. Not to be spiteful, but it's because you are bred by your environment just as much as your parents. Plus I'm very easy going, to the point where I've been told I care too little about shit, so the word is just that to me, a word. A word people around me use and a word that's basically abused in the music I listen to.

Same with Ayana. The word is just that to her. A word. I'm sorry you are put off by it, but I'm not gonna stop using that word because it's part of what makes these characters real to me. It's the reality of my upbringing. So just know it's not being used to sound edgy or cool or anything like that. It's used because I use it. It's used because people I know use it. Daily. Because it's what I consider to be natural speech.

I've already covered this but I'ma just *wink, wink* about the Mom. It's not like it's a big reveal or something important or anything, I just rather let the story tell you naturally. It's far more fun that way. When it comes to my game, understand appearances aren't going to tell you everything about my characters. That's the beauty of it. Hope my novel here cleared up some things though. Again, I'm glad you enjoyed the game. I hope I continue to keep your attention going forward. Also hope the dialogue here doesn't completely steer you away lol.

I said it for you, but I know more people will have the same questions and assumptions, so I'm kind of hoping that people will direct anyone else with questions/assumptions like these to this post here.

Ooooooh, Okay, sorry to make you spell it all out for me in a short novella. Now I can see where I was wrong with my assumptions. The models for MC, Charlotte, and Ayana are all just extremely light skin-toned, and with the mom being white and with how the characters talked, aside from the MC, i'd of never guessed that any of them were black. People tend to see the similarities to themselves first before anything else, which is a good thing as a human race. lol. But yeah, it makes sense with Susan being white and the MC/ Charlotte's dad being black that the characters are so light, I know the game is also missing the Interracial Tag so that also threw me off. I'm more confused about Ayana's origin though, judging by the Model's look and the way her and her mom talked I was assuming she was Latin, guessing dad was also black or they are all just extremely light skinned too.

This also completely solves my issue with Ayana and the N-word, like I said, its waaay different when you grow up as a white kid you hear other white people use that word. You tend to judge other white people who use it poorly, cause ya know, nine times out of ten they use it to be raciest pricks, but that was just my kneejerk reaction based on my false assumptions. Its all good now.

alri

Mar 8, 2019
Ayana is black as well. Honestly don't really see how you mistook her for a white girl :ROFLMAO: but it's all good lol.
For what it is worth, for me, coming from a European perspective, Ayana looks like someone from southern Europe (e.g. Spain, Greece, southern Italy) which is not thought of as black. Same for the MC and Charlotte, actually ( ). I didn't realise they were supposed to be black until I've read your post above.

I'm not from America, so I can't really make any comments regarding how people act and what they can say. Just wanted to throw the above out there.

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
For what it is worth, for me, coming from a European perspective, Ayana looks like someone from southern Europe (e.g. Spain, Greece, southern Italy) which is not thought of as black. Same for the MC and Charlotte, actually ( ). I didn't realise they were supposed to be black until I've read your post above.

I'm not from America, so I can't really make any comments regarding how people act and what they can say. Just wanted to throw the above out there.
I dont know neiher why ppl think they r black. :D i agree with ur mentioned counties.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes