VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

YoloCrayolo21

Dec 31, 2017
Okay, so my old saves aren't working, do I have to start over again or is there a way to fix this? I wouldn't mind starting again but I'm kinda lazy so if I don't have to, better lmao

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
Good looking game. It contains the whitest blacks and the largest labrador, in the world.
The story felt a bit boring to me overall. It was sleep-inducing at times but luckily those times weren't many. Can't put my finger on why I feel like this, could be because I don't really enjoy slice of life kind of stories. Reading/watching an indecisive MC with little to no ambitions or goals, isn't really fun.
It's an immersive VN, where emotion and developping story push your buttons rather than a [for example] visible LOVE/CORRUPTION score allowing or blocking a simpler "get into her pants" option. If that isn't for you, fine... but I think its like comparing an FPS to a story-rich RPG. I get what you mean by the "indecisive MC" but it is also very applicable to Ayana.
I look at their indeciveness as the baseline story and I believe that their attitudes towards one another will inevitably change as the story progresses, allowing the author [ChainZero] to create some very different and complex paths; more like real life, huh?

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Top quality writing. It is nice to see real depth in a novel, even gets a little philosophical. Great Job Dev!!! The character's internal world you paint is very detailed.

I really like MC, feels like a character anyone can relate to. I tend to dislike A LOT "childhood friends clearly in love with MC" but Ayana is really an amazing character! Charlotte remains my second favorite girl, though, and I doubt that will change...

Lola will always be 1st!

Last edited:

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
assman1337 carlos1910
So after a nap that lasted a bit longer than intended, I was planning on uploading the fixed version, but now more people (you guys) are reporting previous saves not working. The fix I have is for the [player_name] issue but I don't want to upload it if the saves are a problem too. This never popped up in testing. I'd like a screenshot of the issue if possible so I can try to see where the issue is coming from.

The only thing I could think of that probably plays a role in saves not working is where you're saving maybe? Assuming you're saving when you see "save here", try saving before you see that. Cause I erase that line when starting a new chapter. Maybe Renpy is trying to find that line of code but it's replaced with the continuation of the game instead. That's literally the only explanation I have, lol.

Billiyboyde

Jul 15, 2017
[ChainZero] I've seen VN with greater isssues with less than a half of this Quality.

Great Job Buddy
Like allready been said, it got a Hook on you and it's a pleasure to listen to the story

Ryder-Wilson

Aug 29, 2017
I look at their indeciveness as the baseline story and I believe that their attitudes towards one another will inevitably change as the story progresses, allowing the author [@ChainZero] to create some very different and complex paths; more like real life, huh?
I agree, the game is very good with the potential of making an unique story. I think that the drama could start when:
1) The Ayana's ex show up and could make things difficulty; not unique but interesting
2) I think that both Ayana and Charlotte are very jealous and they could challenge each other for conquer the MC; mean funny scenes and unique scenarios
3) When Susan will die, Charlotte will suffer a lot, more than the MC and he will try to support her. She could develop some love feeling for him. Even if they are both sister/brother they didn't know each other until now and that make things different. Also, Charlotte "it's the other side of the coin" of the MC personality, if you know what i mean
4) Charlotte's friend, Nicolette, eat already the MC with her eyes, i won't be surprise if she will show up in his apartment alone and flirt with MC. That could be a big conflict for Ayana or Charlotte.

Reactions: eightypercent

assman1337

Mar 10, 2018
assman1337 carlos1910
So after a nap that lasted a bit longer than intended, I was planning on uploading the fixed version, but now more people (you guys) are reporting previous saves not working. The fix I have is for the [player_name] issue but I don't want to upload it if the saves are a problem too. This never popped up in testing. I'd like a screenshot of the issue if possible so I can try to see where the issue is coming from.

The only thing I could think of that probably plays a role in saves not working is where you're saving maybe? Assuming you're saving when you see "save here", try saving before you see that. Cause I erase that line when starting a new chapter. Maybe Renpy is trying to find that line of code but it's replaced with the continuation of the game instead. That's literally the only explanation I have, lol.
i am using the compressed version maybe that's the issue

maxxxzimus

Aug 4, 2017
The dialog and interactions between characters (especially MC and Ayana) were the main reason why I fell in love with this game, it's good to see that the fun is still there despite everything that's going on inside them. The shower scene was hot as hell (need fire emoji), I'm glad that even with technical difficulties that ChainZero had, he was able to pull off something like this. Also, I really liked the introduction of Claire, another well-written character.
As I said before, a very sweet update. Still want more Charlotte though :D.

Reactions: Coreless

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
I hope we can pursue a solo relationship with Ayana... Or a path with her and charlotte.. I feel like these two are cut from the same clothe, personality wise.

Also, lmao at her being mad at her Ex when her and MC fucked and basically acted like a couple.. Like even if they weren't having sex while in a relationship with other people, they still behave like they are way closer then friends.

eightypercent

Apr 2, 2020
1) The Ayana's ex show up and could make things difficulty;
2) Ayana and Charlotte are very jealous... conquer the MC;
3) ...Also, Charlotte "it's the other side of the coin" of the MC personality, if you know what i mean
4) Charlotte's friend, Nicolette...
1) good thinking, hadn't thought of Derek :eek:
2) Not sure about the jealousy thing but I don't see why this VN needs an incest flag unless just to provide yet another possibe path...
3) but thats a good thing :)
4) yep...

I think possible [obvious?] couples [so far] would be MC/Ayana [but maybe with more than one route... at start, later on?], MC/Nicole, Ayana/Michelle (this is a must, and Ayana has already indicated that she is probably bi), MC/Michelle, Vanessa [hot nurse]/anyone, Charlottes brother [wouldn't it be funny if that's Derek?]/somebody, Charlotte's sister/MC, Charlotte's sister/Michelle, MC/Ayana/Michelle... come on, the possibilities are numerous :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Ryder-Wilson

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
The MC, Charlotte and Ayana are all Biracial.

Did you guys not have any mixed friends or see any mixed students growing up in school?

I had like 4 different friends growing up that were mixed- One Blasian Female(Half Korean/Half Black) with brown eyes and 3 half white/black friends with some being just as light skin as the MC and Ayana.

The Girl, who i grew up with and still talk to occasionally has Hazel eyes while looking completely white even though her dad is black and her mom is white. The other 2, the guy having grey eyes but slightly the same complexion as the MC and the other guy having slightly darker skin but having green eyes.

Look at the Hodgetwins. The dev gave a perfect example and those 2 are mostly black.

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
The MC, Charlotte and Ayana are all Biracial.

Did you guys not have any mixed friends or see any mixed students growing up in school?

I had like 4 different friends growing up that were mixed- One Blasian Female(Half Korean/Half Black) with brown eyes and 3 half white/black friends with some being just as light skin as the MC and Ayana.

The Girl, who i grew up with and still talk to occasionally has Hazel eyes while looking completely white even though her dad is black and her mom is white. The other 2, the guy having grey eyes but slightly the same complexion as the MC and the other guy having slightly darker skin but having green eyes.

Look at the Hodgetwins. The dev gave a perfect example and those 2 are mostly black.
I'm light skin, mom lightskin, dad black. Hodge twins are lightskin. Which one of MC parents are black? His dad and mom are white.. since when is that biracial? Granted I didn't read every piece of dialouge but tht doesn't past the eye test still.

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018
I'm light skin, mom lightskin, dad black. Hodge twins are lightskin. Which one of MC parents are black? His dad and mom are white.. since when is that biracial? Granted I didn't read every piece of dialouge but tht doesn't past the eye test still.
The Mc is adopted. His dad is white but his biological dad is most likely Black in this case.

Ayana? I'm not too sure as her mom could be mixed herself or it could be Ayana's dad who's black or any other combinations of said scenario.

Last edited:

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
The Mc is adopted. His dad is white but his biological dad is most likely Black in this case.

Ayana? I'm not too sure as her mom could be mixed herself or it could be Ayana's dad who's black or any other combinations of said scenario.
Ahh that makes sense then... missed that piece of dialouge.

I'd reckon Ayana is on the Hispanic side of things.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018

Lol this is kinda funny cause of how much I relate to the confusion. Ayana’s mom is black and her dad is Jamaican. I dropped 2 of those hints that she was of Jamaican descent in the chapter. One in the middle and one in the MC’s last line of dialogue in this update.

I mentioned this before, but I say it’s funny cause people tend to confuse me and my dad for Spanish speaking as well. We are light skin. My mom is dark skinned. Dad was born in Jamaica yet he’s lighter than me, but anytime someone sees us together, particularly a Spanish speaking person, they tend to assume we’re also Spanish speaking.

So it’s kinda funny and poetic that Ayana is confusing people in that same way.

• Haha
Reactions: Romaru

DrakoGhoul

Engaged Member
Jul 13, 2018

Naw, i remember the Dev saying Ayana was part Caribbean or Jamaican so she's basically black or part but I'm not sure if it's her Dad or her Mom. So it's up in the air for Ayana but she's mixed regardless. As for the MC and his sister, I'm sure it's confirmed that his Dad(biological) is Black seeing as his mom is white.

Also i wasn't saying only biracial people can be light skinned or have different color eyes for the record and if it came off that way then my bad. To clarify i was mostly saying for this game particularly that them looking like that and using certain lingos isn't something all that weird especially here in America. You can be fully black and look exactly like The MC, eye color and all. Anything is possible with how random genes can be at times.

Edit: Dev beat me to it. Also nice to see Ayana parents thing clarified because i honestly didn't know which of her parent contributed to the mixture. Her mom already looked mixed so i wasn't even sure for her at all.

Last edited:
4.60 star(s) 61 Votes