VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

ppoooors

Aug 7, 2016
Nice update, even though IMO it was pretty short, considering the time spent on it (I'm aware that it's only half of V0.3).
That's not to say it didn't have juicy content though, the sex scenes were done nicely, as well.

If I wanted to critique a little, I'd say the 'shower' renders could use a little more time in the oven to get rid of the noise (even with the denoiser), some coding issues to be polished (Ayana keeps calling mc [player_name] at some points).
Or maybe it's just me being a perfectionist, lol.

Story-wise... I'm gonna trust the dev and look at what they want me to look at. Can't wait for it all to unfold, though.

Overall, great job, ChainZero (y)
Hope the future updates are more frequent, once you've gone more used to the whole process.

Wildbill5150

Oct 6, 2018
I am so falling for big sis but I don't see incest tag (hopefully will change in near future?) which makes my heart hurt she is absolutely the one! Um Ayana is great but she's a little pushy and domeneering which is ok sometimes but I don't necessarily like being treated like I'm the dumb one all the time so she can be right all the time has to be some give and take the roommate seems sweet and definitely likes mc but we haven't really got much info on her, Michelle is well I don't know yet I want to be like oh yeah she could be something serious but at the same time I fell like she was added just for lesbian or FF/M content and not an actual serious LI? Can't wait to see how this goes!

Cirdon

Nov 27, 2019
As I said, Ayana does have a story to tell. A story based on things I've seen up close and things I thought of in those situations, and I'm not necessarily talking about her relationship with the MC. Ayana is quite possibly the most complex character I've created so I'm interested in everyone's thoughts when it's all said and done.
Ayama's already been forced on us. Her "Punishing" MC set me on edge to begin with, the "I don't consent, but I consent to your taking me" made me rage quit more than once.

is 0.25 an alpha because you FUBAR'ed the MC's name coding at least 10 times in the, first part of chapter 3.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Ayama's already been forced on us. Her "Punishing" MC set me on edge to begin with, the "I don't consent, but I consent to your taking me" made me rage quit more than once.

is 0.25 an alpha because you FUBAR'ed the MC's name coding at least 10 times in the, first part of chapter 3.
Not an alpha. It was a "one screws up, they all screw up" incident in the code. This has already been fixed though. I uploaded the fix at the beginning of the week it just hasn't been uploaded here as yet.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Excellent start. Beginning was bit wordy perhaps. I'd rather have got impressions of the characters from their dialog instead of having to listen narrator. But plot seemed decent.

Charlotte was so hot that she rose into my all time top ten of visual novels females with her looks.
I can't wait for her sibling attraction towards MC to flame up. Nicole has one of the best character introductions ever :D
Charlotte's roommate was also fine looking lady.

Oh, and there were some typoes. You're mom instead of your mom and thirsty typoed into something else.

It was also bit weird that when Charlotte came to visit MC's home making dinner took so damn long: "few hours later". Did they had to go to hunting for the food first?

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
I am so falling for big sis but I don't see incest tag (hopefully will change in near future?)
The tags shows the current "events" of the game, So as long as Zero decide to make incest with the twinsis , the incest tag wont be included in the list :)

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

Sup guys hope everyone's doing well. I want to thank everyone who has played Connected so far and everyone who has offered their support for this game's development so far as well. It's been almost 2 weeks since I released the first half of Ch. 3 and I've received plenty of praise as well as some criticisms here and there. I want to talk about the latter for a second. I feel like I have so much I wanna say and talk about but I don't really see how I can make this a short post, so forgive me if I begin to ramble or circle around a point too long.

So, I've said this before, but while I do very much appreciate the kind words I've received from Connected so far, I'm not particularly fond of certain aspects, most notably the first chapter. The writing in Connected has gotten some criticism for being very verbose, which I entirely agree with. It was actually a criticism I had before I even released the first chapter but certain conditions forced me to just get the ball rolling prematurely. That said I still tried to make it the best I could and a lot of you guys love it regardless, again, I'm glad.
Thing is, I know I can do a better job and I want to do a better job. I want to create a game in which I can be proud of from start to finish. I don't want to settle with anything less than the best product I can put out with my current level and while praise is great, I don't think I would be able to get any better if I don't listen to that criticism from others and myself.
All that being said, I want to give Connected a small revamp to correct some of the issues I have, but I want to be very clear on what I mean when I say revamp. I don't mean I want to change anything that has made Connected the kind of story it is so far, no. Ayana & friends aren't changing. All I want to do is take what has been written so far and revise it a bit while also updating the character models of the MC, Susan, and Gloria so Connected can be one consistent game without constantly changing character models and constantly changing the perspective of narration.

This also doesn't mean I'm starting from scratch, no. I just want to update certain things, that's all. Chapter 3's second half is still being written and it actually might feel longer than the first half, which is good. The majority of this revamp's changes should be noticeable in the first chapter. The second chapter should go unchanged for the most part with the exception of changing Gloria's and Susan's character models for the updated versions I made some time ago, plus the change from first-person narration to second-person, which is what Ch3's second half is currently being written in, which I think works better for me. First-person tends to set me up for the trap because I'm writing down the MC's every other thought and my mind just keeps going which makes me have the MC regurgitate every little thing I might be thinking about at the moment.

I think this is the best time to do this because Connected is still a small and changeable game. If I were to wait any longer, it would totally be out of my hands, so this is the best time to make any small changes I see fit.
The image above is me just testing out some things for the revamp. You can say it's the first look at the revamped version of the first scene of Chapter 1. This is a test, but I don't expect the scene to look much different from this. But I'm just testing light, clothes, poses, and how much can fit in a scene for right now. Once I feel confident in the scene, the renders will just fly out, since each scene is already set in stone for me.

I don't see the revamp itself taking too long because all I'm doing is taking what is established and seeing what changes can be made, as well as updating the renders of Ch. 1 and some of the renders of Ch. 2, but I still do have a lot of work to do because I want things to move in a consistent, timely fashion. First I wanna finish writing Ch. 3. After I do that I can focus on revising Ch. 1 & 2.
I'm here if you guys have any questions about anything I just said, but TL;DR, I'm not that proud of certain things about Connected so far and improvements can be made relatively quick and easy barring few roadblocks here & there. So I'm choosing to make them.
So yeah, I think that's everything on this matter I wanted to say. Definitely a very long post, I know, but organizing my thoughts has never been a strength of mine. I still feel like I have more I wanna talk about so expect more to come after this post if I feel like it's worth talking about.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I said it on Patreon and I'll say it here too... I fully support whatever Chainzero wants to do with this game. I've enjoyed everything, I love that the game stirs passion in me and the community. I hope that it will continue to do so for CZ too. I am excited to see the new models for Susan and the rest. I am sure they will be amazing. :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: VDawe

slimlayzie

May 22, 2018
Any chance for a walkthrough going forward? I just tried this for the first time, and after an hour of playing (in fairness, i read slow and there are a LOT of words) I just found out I missed the only sex scene to this point by making the wrong choice in the shower scene. I'll likely just wait for the revamp to continue, not sure I want to go through all that monologue again. The renders are great, Anyana is cute as can be, I am enjoying the game despite rambling aspects. But if it was possible to know that I'm not missing out on any more scenes that would be great.

VDawe

Apr 30, 2018
Any chance for a walkthrough going forward? I just tried this for the first time, and after an hour of playing (in fairness, i read slow and there are a LOT of words) I just found out I missed the only sex scene to this point by making the wrong choice in the shower scene. I'll likely just wait for the revamp to continue, not sure I want to go through all that monologue again. The renders are great, Anyana is cute as can be, I am enjoying the game despite rambling aspects. But if it was possible to know that I'm not missing out on any more scenes that would be great.
If played it already , then u could just skip through the texts and get that scene u want within 1-2 min :D

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
Wow this is really good. Like he acknowledges in the update, it's a little wordy, especially early on, but the models are top notch, and the characters are really strong. I love Ayana and her relationship with MC (though I could do without the N word drops, they just feel forced and out of place). It will be hard to fool around with anyone else at this point lol. Great work Dev. Looking forward to more!

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Wow this is really good. Like he acknowledges in the update, it's a little wordy, especially early on, but the models are top notch, and the characters are really strong. I love Ayana and her relationship with MC (though I could do without the N word drops, they just feel forced and out of place). It will be hard to fool around with anyone else at this point lol. Great work Dev. Looking forward to more!
I'm right there with you. The MC can try for an actual relationship with his sexy and awesome best friend or some random new people? Um, yeah I am going to go with the best friend. No one else is even a viable option at this point. Great sex and really great emotional connection, they both have feelings for each other, and they are both trying to acknowledge them. The MC would be stupid to pass her up which also makes it difficult for me to consider bothering with anyone else in the game. Not sure if that was the Devs intent.

Reactions: Vis117

Vis117

Sep 22, 2019
I'm right there with you. The MC can try for an actual relationship with his sexy and awesome best friend or some random new people? Um, yeah I am going to go with the best friend. No one else is even a viable option at this point. Great sex and really great emotional connection, they both have feelings for each other, and they are both trying to acknowledge them. The MC would be stupid to pass her up which also makes it difficult for me to consider bothering with anyone else in the game. Not sure if that was the Devs intent.
Well Ayana teased that she would be open to fooling around with MC and his sister, through that could easily have been a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if their relationship remains pretty open and allows for MC to fool around a bit. Now whether or not you will want to do that is another question.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Well Ayana teased that she would be open to fooling around with MC and his sister, through that could easily have been a joke. I wouldn't be surprised if their relationship remains pretty open and allows for MC to fool around a bit. Now whether or not you will want to do that is another question.
Last thing I'd want is to blow the chances with Ayana after wasting so much time beforehand. Now I always go through every game as a Man-bear-pig-slug so my second playthrough I would fuck everything that was available. But my canon version would be just MC and Ayana.

Reactions: Vis117 and Dalish

RoadGork

Dec 16, 2017
Last thing I'd want is to blow the chances with Ayana after wasting so much time beforehand. Now I always go through every game as a Man-bear-pig-slug so my second playthrough I would fuck everything that was available. But my canon version would be just MC and Ayana.
If there would be a harem ending iam picking it. If not, choices are going to ruin my inner pervert.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
If there would be a harem ending iam picking it. If not, choices are going to ruin my inner pervert.
I always want a Harem ending because games don't have enough content to make them replay friendly.

she was looking pretty damn hot in that shower scene
Yeah, she sure was. She scores highly on everything - looks, sense of humor, solid friendship, loves the MC's dog. Who needs anyone else?

Reactions: Vis117

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

It took a while but I think I've finally decided on a look for Ayana in the revamp of Chapter 1 (just to recap briefly, the revamp is just meant to be updating some of the renders, the models of MC, Gloria and Susan as well as revising the text, more accurately the narration of the entire story so far. Nothing about the story or characters changes.)
I was saying I can just reuse her appearance of the original Ch. 1, but that's not exactly fun and besides, I think this look fits her much more. So this is how she will look in Chapter 1's revamp.
There's not much to discuss outside of that for right now.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes