VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
The idea isn't to remove anything from the original in the revamp tbh. Sure, dialogues change up and stuff, but essentially the scenes are meant to be the same with some new scenes added as well. All relationships will remain the same. I'm kinda anxious about Patreon's restrictions, so I might have players name their relationship with Charlotte in the revamp just to be safe. Patch creation to unlock incest isn't something I know how to do, but could ask other devs about

I'm sort of safe right now I'd imagine cause the MC and Charlotte haven't done anything and there isn't any incestuous relationship implied in the game yet (And there won't be for a while), but still, better safe than sorry.
Well if you are going to go in that path, which as I said I hope you do, I think is better to start arranging it from now, than to wait till incest happens.

The patch unlocking incest usually works because the unpatch relationships are "friend, landlord, roommate". In this case, you would need to cancel a part of the tree in which you romance the sister. But that maybe harder to do that just letting people name their relationships.

While it would be harder to explain why Charlotte is insterested in MC if the player call her "just a stupid bitch mc's mother whose name I cannot remember so MOM knows" it would be their fault.

You could probably do something as MOM (cant remember her name) is MC's "x" (where player could put mother). MC will sometimes friendly call her "x1" (here players could write "mom"). Charlote is MOM's daughter (this part fixed), making her MC's "y" (where player could write sister). MC friendly name for Charlote is "y1" (to put something like "sis"). That would make MC, Charlotte's "w". But Charlotte is not any kind of "y" (what player input for y before). She is actually her "z" (where the player could put twin) "y".

So that every time you want to emphasize they are twin you have the word defined too. But it could be from patreons point of view "best" for friend.

Last edited:

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
I would like the sister if she wasn't so clingy. If I had a long lost sister showed up out of nowhere, I wouldn't just let her hang on me. I judge sister for being clingy after 20 years. Also I really don't care about circumstances of giving for adoption, you GAVE up your childs. The end. They are not yours anymore. Blood doesn't make you family. If Chris hasn't learn his mother, he wouldn't have pain of losing one in his heart. You can't feel sad for those don't exist.
"Blood doesn't make you family" <--- Couldn't agree more. Part of the reason for this story honestly. But I also believe family is what you make it and that's Chris' struggle right now. He has blood now and the people around him (Ayana and Jeff) want him to make the most of it. Susan isn't meant to be any sort of antagonist here and I honestly don't think the reason why she put them up for adoption is something of a mystery either. MC/Chris hints at this during his talk with his dad. I mean, why else does anyone really put a child up for adoption? That's his thought process currently.

But none of this is meant to fuel hate or neglect in the MC. Will the player have a chance to react? Sure, but not in the sense of revenge or anything like that.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I agree. That is why I say we don't know the reason. But my point was if I was MC I can see myself going either way. Maybe angry. Maybe happy. Maybe sad. I don't know.
But the sister is a totally different issue. She was great in my eyes.
Just putting my feet in their shoes for a moment, I feel like my overriding feeling would be one of confusion. I honestly wouldn't know what to feel in that situation, but I know that the last thing I'd feel is hate, or anger, or annoyance.

And yeah, Charlotte's awesome. Honestly one of the most stunning character models I've seen and I can't wait to see more of that adorable face. :love:

Charlotte-03 (Connected).jpg

The idea isn't to remove anything from the original in the revamp tbh. Sure, dialogues change up and stuff, but essentially the scenes are meant to be the same with some new scenes added as well. All relationships will remain the same. I'm kinda anxious about Patreon's restrictions, so I might have players name their relationship with Charlotte in the revamp just to be safe. Patch creation to unlock incest isn't something I know how to do, but could ask other devs about

I'm sort of safe right now I'd imagine cause the MC and Charlotte haven't done anything and there isn't any incestuous relationship implied in the game yet (And there won't be for a while), but still, better safe than sorry.
See, this is where Patreon's restrictive rules suck. They say that they don't allow, "fringe sexual fetish creations, such as incest", but yet they also say they will allow it if it's in the right context, such as, "survivor stories or fiction such as Game of Thrones or Lolita". But surely the right context is whatever the creator determines, right? Like with this story, it seems very much different to the typical ones and I can see it has some real emotional depth to it. So that, to me, should make this game safe because it isn't your average fuck-em-all incest VN. But no doubt someone would still report it out of spite or malice and that would be wrong, so now you have to make it "Patreon safe" to avoid that and thus alter your creative vision.

It's not right and while I have the utmost confidence you'l make it work, I still don't like the fact that you have to do it because of Patreon, or more accurately, the payment companies that made them change their content guidelines.

Englen

Mar 17, 2019

It's been a minute since my last dev report, so I'll just make one now, though I don't have much to report.

I've started rendering for the game a little over a week ago. It's gonna be a little more complicated than I anticipated because I recently revamped the MC's appearance as well and gave him an updated place to stay. I say complicated because I originally wasn't going to update every render, but now I think I kinda have to if I wanna keep things consistent. I'd rather not cut corners here. It will take time, but it will ultimately be worth it.

Just for reminder, the revamp is all the chapters I've worked on so far. So I'm essentially re-rendering everything. As I said though, I cut down some of that render time so the most time-consuming thing should just be setting up the scenes to my liking. Currently, about 40 renders deep and going. I'll have a preview for you guys soon.

That's all for now really. I could go on, but I'd rather keep this as brief as I can.

In the meantime, enjoy this Charlotte render.

I've been working on implementing more HDRIs into my images. I'd like some renders in Connected to use some of these for outdoor settings, but I'm not too sure how that would work most times as multiple angles would most likely be used. But I'll see what works and what doesn't.

Until next post!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Charlotte :love: :love: :love:

I do hope that when they say "revamped the MC's appearance" that they won't be changed too much because I thought the MC was totally fine as they were, especially the fact that he was seemingly mixed race. It's practically non-existent to have something like that in these VNs and I really appreciate this game for having a MC like that.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019

It's been a minute since my last dev report, so I'll just make one now, though I don't have much to report.

I've started rendering for the game a little over a week ago. It's gonna be a little more complicated than I anticipated because I recently revamped the MC's appearance as well and gave him an updated place to stay. I say complicated because I originally wasn't going to update every render, but now I think I kinda have to if I wanna keep things consistent. I'd rather not cut corners here. It will take time, but it will ultimately be worth it.

Just for reminder, the revamp is all the chapters I've worked on so far. So I'm essentially re-rendering everything. As I said though, I cut down some of that render time so the most time-consuming thing should just be setting up the scenes to my liking. Currently, about 40 renders deep and going. I'll have a preview for you guys soon.

That's all for now really. I could go on, but I'd rather keep this as brief as I can.

In the meantime, enjoy this Charlotte render.

I've been working on implementing more HDRIs into my images. I'd like some renders in Connected to use some of these for outdoor settings, but I'm not too sure how that would work most times as multiple angles would most likely be used. But I'll see what works and what doesn't.

Until next post!
She is so beautiful that she burns my brain... I try to write something clever of how much I love her but my mind is on a paradise island on holidays dancing with her closely to soft music in the beach during a starry night as the waves softly bathe our feet...

Last edited:

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Charlotte :love: :love: :love:

I do hope that when they say "revamped the MC's appearance" that they won't be changed too much because I thought the MC was totally fine as they were, especially the fact that he was seemingly mixed race. It's practically non-existent to have something like that in these VNs and I really appreciate this game for having a MC like that.
I don't know if the MC is being revamped a lot, I do know that CZ mentioned that the MC's height was a bit of an issue when creating sex scenes. Not sure if that is the reason behind it or if just revamping everyone since he's tweaking the entire VN right now.

GrimWraith

Jun 19, 2020
This is one of the best games i have played so far. Beautiful renders, characters with with deep personalities and a different storyline captivates you to play this game. One can clearly see the hardwork and time put behind the game.I am sure it will go a loong way and all the very best to the developer. Can't wait for the revamp

May 4, 2017
Ah so this next update is to be a Revamp. I'm not a fan of Revamp's of something that is already great but oh well guess I'll support this when the story picks back up again.

Reactions: HansDampf788
May 4, 2017
Better to do any revamping now when it's still in the early stages than once they're several updates in.
I meant the game is great as is no need for a revamp, the dev could just improve the newer updates if you know what I mean. Most devs do this they keep upping the quality as they release updates. I'm concerned is all this is gonna be a slow story so what happens when he decides to up the quality 5 updates down the line. Another Revamp? What I am saying is I have hopes for this and I don't want the dev to kill his own game like many others have by doing things that aren't absolutely necessary, that is all.

Valdazz

Apr 8, 2019
Bruh what's with the mc appearance tho? his first appearance wasn't so bad, but the sudden overhaul doesn't look that masculine. he kinda looks like a child, he doesn't have that hot guy perk about him. it'll just be weird seeing girls throwing em selves at him like the dude just aint hot enough for that shit much less cute which is a bonus, he's too average with a child like face. aint no game there. i can't play while he looks like this i think the dev could've done a way better job on the mc. hopefully in the future he'll look more fitting

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Bruh what's with the mc appearance tho? his first appearance wasn't so bad, but the sudden overhaul doesn't look that masculine. he kinda looks like a child, he doesn't have that hot guy perk about him. it'll just be weird seeing girls throwing em selves at him like the dude just aint hot enough for that shit much less cute which is a bonus, he's too average with a child like face. aint no game there. i can't play while he looks like this i think the dev could've done a way better job on the mc. hopefully in the future he'll look more fitting
Where are you getting any of that from? As far as I'm aware, we haven't seen anything with regards to a new appearance for the MC, so how could you possibly know what, if any, changes have been made?

bebiho

Sep 16, 2016
whats up with ayana using the n word so casually :WaitWhat:. the sis looks great but personality wise not a fan, too clingy and super annoying.

• Angry
Reactions: supermanz95

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
whats up with ayana using the n word so casually :WaitWhat:. the sis looks great but personality wise not a fan, too clingy and super annoying.
The dev is reworking the game so you might want to try it again once he does. Not sure what of the script will change (if anything) but the first 2 chapters are being tweaked, including the renders.

Reactions: Dalish

Frank Rosario

Engaged Member
Jan 1, 2018
Here is the Italian translation of "Connected" version "0.25".
This translation is "unofficial" and "made by a fan".

The link is:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Ecco la traduzione italiana di "Connected" versione "0.25".
Questa traduzione "non è ufficiale" e "fatta da un fan".

Il link è:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
E se questa traduzione vi piace, non dimenticate di mettere un Like, sempre ben accetto!

Reactions: inno3d and paolo422

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018

That's why the way to go... Lots of devs doing that nowadays.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes