VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Hell no, you don't get to be sassy after not knowing someone for 20 years, I hated that sister. Also fck Susan. I wish I had option to never go and meet them.
Perhaps this isn't the game for you then. Seeing as the plot is based on receiving the phone call, going to the hospital to meet the birth mother, and finding out the MC has a twin sister. You essentially hate the very premise of the game.

despot444

Mar 10, 2018
Perhaps this isn't the game for you then. Seeing as the plot is based on receiving the phone call, going to the hospital to meet the birth mother, and finding out the MC has a twin sister. You essentially hate the very premise of the game.
I hate concept of it that doesn't mean I hate the game. I actually like the game. Especially long inner monologues. One of the rare ones I assume. Hey I watch horror movies that doesn't mean I like scaring people in night. You focus on main story, I focus on other parts of game.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I hate concept of it that doesn't mean I hate the game. I actually like the game. Especially long inner monologues. One of the rare ones I assume. Hey I watch horror movies that doesn't mean I like scaring people in night. You focus on main story, I focus on other parts of game.
I am just surprised that you'd want to continue with a game that you don't like the two characters that the MC will be bonding with as the game continues (supposedly, CZ is reworking the beginning). I figure that there are a lot of games out there that you might like better. I hope that the two of them grow on you if you continue the game.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Hell no, you don't get to be sassy after not knowing someone for 20 years, I hated that sister. Also fck Susan. I wish I had option to never go and meet them.
Well it seems a bit unfair hating sister just for being nice. But hey, I tend to dislike almost all "obviously in love childhood friends". I think Nina from Love Season being another exception, besides Ayana. That girl is great. But I digress again.

To each their own. Ayana is cute though. Maybe worth to stay for her.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrFriendly

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
So you basically want to be a dick to a dying woman and a girl who's just trying to be nice?

I know it's fictional, but seriously, no empathy at all? That's just sad. :(

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
So you basically want to be a dick to a dying woman and a girl who's just trying to be nice?

To be fair, I don't think the mother and the sister are comparable. While I don't hate the mother and it remains to see why, she did I abandon her children. You could argue either way.

But I cannot understand the problem with the sister. She kind of hit pretty much all the good buttons for me...

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020

Succinctly put! I thought the same thing though. Why so angry that a dying woman wants to meet her son beforehand? Why so mad that the twin sister the MC never knew existed is so happy she has a long lost brother? That's two of the most important people in the game (Ayana is the third imo) that they hate after two chapters. WTF?

To be fair, I don't think the mother and the sister are comparable. While I don't hate the mother and it remains to see why, she did I abandon her children. You could argue either way.

But I cannot understand the problem with the sister. She kind of hit pretty much all the good buttons for me...
Well, abandoned may not be true. We don't know yet the circumstances behind her giving the children up for adoption.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Well, abandoned may not be true. We don't know yet the circumstances behind her giving the children up for adoption.
I agree. That is why I say we don't know the reason. But my point was if I was MC I can see myself going either way. Maybe angry. Maybe happy. Maybe sad. I don't know.
But the sister is a totally different issue. She was great in my eyes.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
I agree. That is why I say we don't know the reason. But my point was if I was MC I can see myself going either way. Maybe angry. Maybe happy. Maybe sad. I don't know.
But the sister is a totally different issue. She was great in my eyes.
Yeah, I feel like the MC reacted in a realistic manner. He was very unsure about going to see her and only because of Ayana and his dad did he end up going. I liked that he seemed to be a bit shell shocked and quiet the entire time.

I am curious about the rework that CZ is doing. As it stands now Ayana seems like the only viable romantic partner, I wonder if that will change or if this will remove the incest possibilities due to the patreon rules.

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
Yeah, I feel like the MC reacted in a realistic manner. He was very unsure about going to see her and only because of Ayana and his dad did he end up going. I liked that he seemed to be a bit shell shocked and quiet the entire time.
Yes, specially given how his personality is being showcased, his behavior made a lot of sense to me.

I am curious about the rework that CZ is doing. As it stands now Ayana seems like the only viable romantic partner, I wonder if that will change or if this will remove the incest possibilities due to the patreon rules.
I like Ayana. I don't like their relationship as a couple. But I don't think there is any need to cancel the sister as a LI. It is not gonna happen anytime soon and when it does it can always be unlocked by a patch. Second, Haley''s story already has them fucking and patch is needed, even in Patreon.
While I don't think that is the safe way to do it, and I do think that dev should start looking into a way to masquerade the incest, cutting sister for me would be a major blow. After all, the story kind of starts at the moment you are gonna met your sister and mom. But we may need to wait to see what happens. But you are right that the incest is gonna become harder, as they are blood related at the moment in patreon.

despot444

Mar 10, 2018

I would like the sister if she wasn't so clingy. If I had a long lost sister showed up out of nowhere, I wouldn't just let her hang on me. I judge sister for being clingy after 20 years. Also I really don't care about circumstances of giving for adoption, you GAVE up your childs. The end. They are not yours anymore. Blood doesn't make you family. If Chris hasn't learn his mother, he wouldn't have pain of losing one in his heart. You can't feel sad for those don't exist.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Yes, specially given how his personality is being showcased, his behavior made a lot of sense to me.

I like Ayana. I don't like their relationship as a couple. But I don't think there is any need to cancel the sister as a LI. It is not gonna happen anytime soon and when it does it can always be unlocked by a patch. Second, Haley''s story already has them fucking and patch is needed, even in Patreon.
While I don't think that is the safe way to do it, and I do think that dev should start looking into a way to masquerade the incest, cutting sister for me would be a major blow. After all, the story kind of starts at the moment you are gonna met your sister and mom. But we may need to wait to see what happens. But you are right that the incest is gonna become harder, as they are blood related at the moment in patreon.
Yeah, I am curious to see what CZ does. I have to say this is one of my favorite new games and I am excited and nervous about a rework because of it. But with the Paypal/patreon rules I wouldn't be surprised if part of the rework is adding a section where the player defines the relationships between each of the characters. Pure speculation, I honestly have no expectations when it comes to the rework.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
The idea isn't to remove anything from the original in the revamp tbh. Sure, dialogues change up and stuff, but essentially the scenes are meant to be the same with some new scenes added as well. All relationships will remain the same. I'm kinda anxious about Patreon's restrictions, so I might have players name their relationship with Charlotte in the revamp just to be safe. Patch creation to unlock incest isn't something I know how to do, but could ask other devs about

I'm sort of safe right now I'd imagine cause the MC and Charlotte haven't done anything and there isn't any incestuous relationship implied in the game yet (And there won't be for a while), but still, better safe than sorry.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
The idea isn't to remove anything from the original in the revamp tbh. Sure, dialogues change up and stuff, but essentially the scenes are meant to be the same with some new scenes added as well. All relationships will remain the same. I'm kinda anxious about Patreon's restrictions, so I might have players name their relationship with Charlotte in the revamp just to be safe. Patch creation to unlock incest isn't something I know how to do, but could ask other devs about

I'm sort of safe right now I'd imagine cause the MC and Charlotte haven't done anything and there isn't any incestuous relationship implied in the game yet (And there won't be for a while), but still, better safe than sorry.
Yeah, I'd think the naming relationships route is the safest thing to implement.

And I have faith in you to revamp the story, I fell in love with it the first time so I am actually excited to see the tweaks that you make. :)

Reactions: Cigar-Ferras
4.60 star(s) 61 Votes