VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

Sin Eater

Apr 9, 2018
Short answer: No permanent changes.

Long answer: Charlotte will be moving between a number of different hairstyles throughout the story, so I can't say any one of them is a default look for her. So far, there are 3 hairstyles I like on her and a possible 4th. I don't think I'm planning on using the straighter hair until a little later though. But there is another curly style that I personally believe suits her even better than this style.

Here it is.
View attachment 742365
I really like this one a lot. I'm planning on debuting it in Chapter 3, but I also like it so much that I wanna see her in it as soon as possible, so I'm not really sure what I'm gonna do here until I start working on her scenes.
Bro, she deadass looks like my younger cousin lol. Damn boi that's kinda scary.

Sesinho

Jan 3, 2020
I recently started and the only concern i have is that the Narrator seems to be the MC but some times he talks about himself, and sometimes he talks about "you" so its kind of confusing rith now.

Its hard to understand what kind of power does he have, cause if the MC is telling the story ¿how does he know what is Ayana doing as narrator, but doesnt know as character? Maybe he is speaking in past tense and she told her, i dont know , is confusing.

I just started so maybe this is clarified later on.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
Thanks (y) She is Nicole, Charlotte's friend and also her roommate.
She looks different from what I remember. Was she wearing that hat in the game and that's where this comes from? (It's been a while since I played it, as you can tell.)

Jun 15, 2019
So I just finished up the first bit and I gotta say I really like where this is going. I'm pretty invested now. I think my only issue which is minor is being able to see the MC which is something I don't prefer in other games too, but like I said it's minor. I really like where it's going and I do look forward to seeing more from you.

D

Deleted member 949883

Great game - definitely one of the better ones on this website however I am reluctant to support it because of a worrying pattern I have seen in so many previous games I have supported in the past - devs fall into this state of analysis paralysis, end up revamping the game 50 times, redo tiny scenes nobody cares about, promise deadlines, find another tiny issue and dive down that rabbit hole, delay the release over and over and in the end what we get from the devs are frustration and broken promises instead of results.

I really hope this game does not end up like all those other games. I am rooting for the continued development of the game and I will gladly support if we can see consistent updates. This game looks good has really well written characters and draws you in. What it is lacking in right now is consistency.

Mr. Vargas

Lead artist at Love-Joint
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 18, 2018
May I say I look forward to your releases more than DPC's current beach event? :love:
Thanks :giggle: I wish I could be faster and more productive but I'm a perfectionist and sometimes I spend too much time to get things done in my scenes. Also I don't have a powerful hardware to fast things up. But the good thing is this never stops me. I have many ideas and scenes on my mind. You just have to wait and see. ;)

KinkierThanThou

Apr 19, 2020
Can I tell you a true story ChainZero?

I'm a creative writer, and several years ago I was approached by a start-up (now defunct) pop-culture website to write content for them, this ranged the gamut from movie reviews, to lists, to roundtable discussions of geek culture, to original fiction. I agreed and submitted several articles over the course of about six months and quite enjoyed the behind-the-scenes editorial atmosphere of such an endeavour.

Actually, let me start over again, I became a creative writer BECAUSE they approached me to write content for them. I never had aspirations towards that field of work, but apparently they liked my sense and sensibilities on a then popular LOST discussion board enough to ask me to collaborate with them.

At some point I noticed that one of the site's creators -a self professed professional writer- had only submitted a single article in all that time. One night we were chatting (I think it was Yahoochat) and I asked him about it. He said he was never satisfied by the quality of his work and didn't feel it was up to standards of other contributors, including me. He said he was constantly revising and second-guessing his own work because he didn't want to disappoint the rest of us and our reader-base. He was basically blocking himself from finding an audience because he didn't feel that what he produced was good enough to share with the world.

I asked him why he started the site in the first place and he said something about "Because we have a really great group of creative people here and if we all work together we can really leave a mark on this world blablabla mumblejumble whitenoise (I wasn't really paying attention).

So I told him "Ask me why I write?

"I dunno, why do you write?"

"Because you guys asked me to?" And I said, "never had any ambition to write, but sure, why not?"

And so I wrote about a dozen or more articles, never once wondering "Is this good enough?". I just wrote them and send them to whomever volunteered to edit that given month. And they all ended up on that now defunct website, buried so deep on the internet I can't even find them anymore. That guy though, never had more than one article published.

Point is, stop second-guessing yourself, stop over-analysing yourself and if you feel the need for an editor, get someone else to look at it instead of yourself. The person most critical of you is often you. And sometimes, that can put a real damper on your creativity.

I've made a few comments in this thread before, so you know I love your game. It's in my signature, and that's no mean feat. I LOVE the story so far the way it is. Don't go back and nitpick over every little detail, bro! Just pick the fucking story you want to tell and TELL IT! And I'll be there the rest of the way.

Deleted member 444674

Game Developer
Feb 17, 2018
Can I tell you a true story ChainZero?

I'm a creative writer, and several years ago I was approached by a start-up (now defunct) pop-culture website to write content for them, this ranged the gamut from movie reviews, to lists, to roundtable discussions of geek culture, to original fiction. I agreed and submitted several articles over the course of about six months and quite enjoyed the behind-the-scenes editorial atmosphere of such an endeavour.

Actually, let me start over again, I became a creative writer BECAUSE they approached me to write content for them. I never had aspirations towards that field of work, but apparently they liked my sense and sensibilities on a then popular LOST discussion board enough to ask me to collaborate with them.

At some point I noticed that one of the site's creators -a self professed professional writer- had only submitted a single article in all that time. One night we were chatting (I think it was Yahoochat) and I asked him about it. He said he was never satisfied by the quality of his work and didn't feel it was up to standards of other contributors, including me. He said he was constantly revising and second-guessing his own work because he didn't want to disappoint the rest of us and our reader-base. He was basically blocking himself from finding an audience because he didn't feel that what he produced was good enough to share with the world.

I asked him why he started the site in the first place and he said something about "Because we have a really great group of creative people here and if we all work together we can really leave a mark on this world blablabla mumblejumble whitenoise (I wasn't really paying attention).

So I told him "Ask me why I write?

"I dunno, why do you write?"

"Because you guys asked me to?" And I said, "never had any ambition to write, but sure, why not?"

And so I wrote about a dozen or more articles, never once wondering "Is this good enough?". I just wrote them and send them to whomever volunteered to edit that given month. And they all ended up on that now defunct website, buried so deep on the internet I can't even find them anymore. That guy though, never had more than one article published.

Point is, stop second-guessing yourself, stop over-analysing yourself and if you feel the need for an editor, get someone else to look at it instead of yourself. The person most critical of you is often you. And sometimes, that can put a real damper on your creativity.

I've made a few comments in this thread before, so you know I love your game. It's in my signature, and that's no mean feat. I LOVE the story so far the way it is. Don't go back and nitpick over every little detail, bro! Just pick the fucking story you want to tell and TELL IT! And I'll be there the rest of the way.
This is the kind of shit I really need to hear sometimes. It's very eye opening and motivating at the same time. Thank you for this, really, cause that's definitely my biggest issue right now, among other things.

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes