VN Ren'Py Abandoned Connected [v0.2.5] [ChainZero]

4.60 star(s) 61 Votes

Dalish

Mar 18, 2019
I still have hope this will come around eventually so leaving it in bookmarks. Hell to have any hope at all after this shitty year is all I got.

• Sad
Reactions: Malkovichi
May 4, 2017
Sucks that the game got the abandoned tagged but im really hoping the dev is ok. Hey ChainZero give us a sign your ok, please.
Why would he say anything? He's getting 370$ per month for doing nothing. You know there are people who get paid that much for working 10 hours a day in many countries, in others even less than that.

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
Why would he say anything? He's getting 370$ per month for doing nothing. You know there are people who get paid that much for working 10 hours a day in many countries, in others even less than that.
Dude get your facts straight, he has some health issues and is probable dealing with them. Now if you think his some milker your a effing i***t.

So do us all a favorite and learn a bit about the dev or just bounce, trust me you wont be missed.

Mortarion

Donor
Oct 22, 2017
Dude get your facts straight, he has some health issues and is probable dealing with them. Now if you think his some milker your a effing i***t.

So do us all a favorite and learn a bit about the dev or just bounce, trust me you wont be missed.
Why should he? It's always easier to drop instant the milking bomb...

May 4, 2017

Health issues, riiight.. Cuz you've actually seen it for yourself..

GregIsLove

Apr 19, 2020
Health problems or not, reworking the game after the first couple of releases was shady AF to begin with and the second he announced it I knew this was gonna be abandoned sooner or later. I think its just as likely he never even started a "rework" as it is him having health problems, so who is to say? but Here is a quote from the announcement post...

" I've sort of been stuck in purgatory for a while now. In development as well as in daily life and they sort of blend together making for an exhausting process."

Seems to me this game turned into more of a chore than a passion. I mean did you guys really expect an alternate outcome? I couldn't have been the only one see this coming...

Regardless of the reason... it is a sad day :cry:

Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018

Health problems or not, reworking the game after the first couple of releases was shady AF to begin with and the second he announced it I knew this was gonna be abandoned sooner or later. I think its just as likely he never even started a "rework" as it is him having health problems, so who is to say? but Here is a quote from the announcement post...

" I've sort of been stuck in purgatory for a while now. In development as well as in daily life and they sort of blend together making for an exhausting process."

Seems to me this game turned into more of a chore than a passion. I mean did you guys really expect an alternate outcome? I couldn't have been the only one see this coming...

perhaps it would be good to post again his later public post on patreon, explaining the situation/plans at that moments a few months ago, for those who missed it.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019

There is nothing shady about it, he wasnt happy with his creation so he wanted to fix it so it would be better. Many developers have done it and im ok with it, especially if im not paying for it. Now my understanding is that many of his patreon where/are ok with the remake. Also when life is kicking you down, no matter what it is your going to loss a lot of your passion for everything. So ya even a game can become a choir cause life is sucking you dry.

But anyway you are right, it is a sad day, and i just hope he can find happiness again and get on with his life in a better light, game or no.

visagedirect

Feb 21, 2020
its kinda sad, but after being patreon so many games and just watched them milk the cow dry, 85% of games are never completed, its a shame because i dont trust anyone now, (excluding the top devs)

GregIsLove

Apr 19, 2020
There is nothing shady about it, he wasnt happy with his creation so he wanted to fix it so it would be better. Many developers have done it and im ok with it, especially if im not paying for it. Now my understanding is that many of his patreon where/are ok with the remake. Also when life is kicking you down, no matter what it is your going to loss a lot of your passion for everything. So ya even a game can become a choir cause life is sucking you dry.

But anyway you are right, it is a sad day, and i just hope he can find happiness again and get on with his life in a better light, game or no.
You sound like the kind of person to read the bible as fact...
Sorry bro I am a sceptical person and I doubt that will ever change. Truth is, its hard to trust people over the internet especially when there is money involved. Just because he has a good excuse for it does not mean there is nothing shady about reworking the game so soon after 1st release and none of this here is fact. simply my opinion, just putting it up here to keep you all sceptical like me... Cant be lambs to the slaughter now can we? ;)

Pmktrn17

Aug 8, 2019
You sound like the kind of person to read the bible as fact...
Sorry bro I am a sceptical person and I doubt that will ever change. Truth is, its hard to trust people over the internet especially when there is money involved. Just because he has a good excuse for it does not mean there is nothing shady about reworking the game so soon after 1st release and none of this here is fact. simply my opinion, just putting it up here to keep you all sceptical like me... Cant be lambs to the slaughter now can we? ;)
No offense to anyone but fuck the bible and yes im insulted that you said that about me. Now you can be jaded all you want and frankly dont really give a damn anymore then you do of me. Im just giving him the benefit of doubt cause 2020 has been one fucked up year.

Also since his never given anyone any reason to think that he is a shady character sure im going to give him that benefit of doubt, again im not nearly as jaded as you.

Finally im done with this, i've stated my peace and why i back him. I just want ppl like you and other Trumptarts to stop spreading your fake news around here, its really effing annoying.

Last edited:

Smarmint

Mar 23, 2019
Health problems or not, reworking the game after the first couple of releases was shady AF to begin with and the second he announced it I knew this was gonna be abandoned sooner or later.
I am a pretty trusting person, actually. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt, and lots of chances to prove themselves, but I was pretty skeptical of the rework actually the first time I read about it. I am sure I rolled my eyes and audibly groaned. By that time, we had been waiting a long time for content with Charlotte. To me, Charlotte and her friends are way sexier and more interesting than Ayane. The rework seemed uniquely unnecessary with Connected. I don't think it was intentional to stall development, necessarily. I just don't know CZ well enough to make that judgement. But it didn't seem well reasoned and a recipe for failure, which looks like is what happened.

I never understood why he decided to do it. I know a few people here have tried to explain it to me, but the changes seem so minor and pointless compared to the massive work at re-rendering everything, that as soon as I saw it was being reworked, I had major doubts we would ever see new content. And I was a Patron until recently.

Reactions: Cernunnos.
4.60 star(s) 61 Votes