Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
A question to the Devs, at the start of the game..why..are the Queen's guards 8 of clubs and spades but when talking to them they turn 5 of clubs and spades?
I'm surprised it's taken so long for someone to notice. At first it was just an oversight, but I wondered if anyone would even notice (plus there were more immediate tasks to undertake), so we left it in.

Interesting game. So far I've found 3 evidence, the cat the queen and the madhat. I've entered the caterpillar too. Stille the most annoying thing is the game about the cake, it should be at least 3 seconds i think. And i know obedience, sex etc but whait is the first row of heart for alice? difficulty how do you fill that?
I felt that the cake game on 3 seconds was far too easy. I'll keep an ear our for a general consensus.

Regarding the difficulty meter - this is a static variable that is tied to the princess. Think of it like this; Alice has a 1/5 difficulty rating. It's tied to the success rates of tasks (and eventually training), along with your own stats.

Do you need to start a new save? Tried to load with my old save but get errors for trying to go into the dungeon room or the queen's bedroom:
Yes this update would require a new save file. There are new default variables that are predetermined when you start a new game, which would be missed entirely on the old save files. Ergo there would be errors such as the above.

Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I like the art, although Alice in Wonderland does not really do it for me. Strange not to start with original KH characters or one of the more popular Disney movies, then move on to Alice once you had a solid base going.
More of a story-telling decision than a people-pleaser, true. Wonderland is the first world discovered in original KH games, and there's a naivety to Alice that makes her an easy first target.

The next world will be decided via a poll.

Demon Jhim

Aug 5, 2017
Um I have this
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/game/events/wonderland/wonderlandguardduty.rpy", line 157, in <module>
NameError: name 'wonderland_queens_cell' is not defined

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "engine/core.rpyc", line 27, in script call
  File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/qoh_dialogue.rpyc", line 14, in script call
  File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/qoh_dialogue.rpyc", line 147, in script call
  File "game/events/wonderland/wonderlandguardduty.rpyc", line 22, in script call
  File "game/events/wonderland/wonderlandguardduty.rpyc", line 157, in script
  File "C:\Users\obliv\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\conqueredhearts-0.3-pc\conqueredhearts-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "C:\Users\obliv\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\conqueredhearts-0.3-pc\conqueredhearts-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/game/events/wonderland/wonderlandguardduty.rpy", line 157, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Conquered Hearts 0.3
Tue Apr 14 11:36:42 2020
Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/game/locations/wonderland/queens_bedroom/queens_bedroom.rpy", line 24, in <module>
NameError: name 'wonderland_queens_bedroom' is not defined

Full traceback:
  File "game/locations/wonderland/queens_bedroom/queens_bedroom.rpyc", line 24, in script
  File "C:\Users\obliv\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\conqueredhearts-0.3-pc\conqueredhearts-0.3-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 914, in execute
  File "C:\Users\obliv\Documents\MEGAsync Downloads\conqueredhearts-0.3-pc\conqueredhearts-0.3-pc\renpy\python.py", line 2028, in py_exec_bytecode
  File "game/game/locations/wonderland/queens_bedroom/queens_bedroom.rpy", line 24, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Conquered Hearts 0.3
Tue Apr 14 11:34:48 2020

Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Um I have this
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/qoh_dialogue.rpyc", line 14, in script call
  File "game/events/wonderland/dialogue/qoh_dialogue.rpyc", line 147, in script call
  File "game/events/wonderland/wonderlandguardduty.rpyc", line 22, in script call
  File "game/events/wonderland/wonderlandguardduty.rpyc", line 157, in script

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Conquered Hearts 0.3
Tue Apr 14 11:36:42 2020
Code:

While running game code:

Full traceback:
  File "game/locations/wonderland/queens_bedroom/queens_bedroom.rpyc", line 24, in script

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
Conquered Hearts 0.3
Tue Apr 14 11:34:48 2020
Are you using an old save file?

ltpika

Engaged Member
Aug 6, 2016
More of a story-telling decision than a people-pleaser, true. Wonderland is the first world discovered in original KH games, and there's a naivety to Alice that makes her an easy first target.
Second part makes sense. I just worry it's not really going to catch the KH loving pervs out there, Wonderland really feels like a footnote in the grand scale of the series. I like that you are taking time to flesh out the adventure in Wonderland, I don't want it rushed through. But maybe at some point the intro can be expanded a tiny bit, just to get people on the hook. Maybe the organization tests your skills so you get a brief lewd scene with one of Vexen's duplicate robots. Maybe in the form of Kairi or maybe Tifa to suck in people riding the FF7 hype right now (so many "nude mod when?" posts dominating the internet, lol.)

Reactions: Hawkhero

Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Second part makes sense. I just worry it's not really going to catch the KH loving pervs out there, Wonderland really feels like a footnote in the grand scale of the series. I like that you are taking time to flesh out the adventure in Wonderland, I don't want it rushed through. But maybe at some point the intro can be expanded a tiny bit, just to get people on the hook. Maybe the organization tests your skills so you get a brief lewd scene with one of Vexen's duplicate robots. Maybe in the form of Kairi or maybe Tifa to suck in people riding the FF7 hype right now (so many "nude mod when?" posts dominating the internet, lol.)
Absolutely, I realize Alice isn't the hallmark of r34... While gaining a following is important for the project's success, I'd rather conceive a story I'm happy with than sacrifice it for immediate appeal and dosh. One can come after the other, and if it does we can dedicate ourselves to this game full-time. That's the dream, anyway.

However, That's a great idea re: intro & Vexen's duplicate bots. Thanks for the suggestion!

HH

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
Absolutely, I realize Alice isn't the hallmark of r34... While gaining a following is important for the project's success, I'd rather conceive a story I'm happy with than sacrifice it for immediate appeal and dosh. One can come after the other, and if it does we can dedicate ourselves to this game full-time. That's the dream, anyway.
Personally, I'm a fan of what you did with this update (the pictures in the tree room). It's just the right level of immediate appeal

Reactions: Hawkhero

Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
I should mention - voting for the next world is in progress. Options are: Tifa & Aerith, Elsa, Kairi.

The results will be shared mid-May. Pretty even atm.

Info here:

zeerin

Nov 9, 2017
How do you the cake?
When you first go to the Mad Hatter's house there's a dialogue that'll let you make the cake. After that it's available every day for Munny. If you're talking about the "minigame" itself, then you just click on the item it says within the time limit (3 seconds I think?); cake, carrots, and watch are all pretty self explanatory (they look like what they are), the mustard is the dirty yellow item (I guess it's dijon mustard), and I forget what the fifth item is, but I'm pretty sure it also looks like what it is.

soulninja

Dec 12, 2018
Great game, great characters and i enjoy the way the plot is going.

My only advice would be to make it more clear/visible where you should click to move through screens or to show what objects you can interact.

Hawkhero

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2019
Great game, great characters and i enjoy the way the plot is going.

My only advice would be to make it more clear/visible where you should click to move through screens or to show what objects you can interact.
Thanks soulninja, appreciate the kind words.

FYI (sorry I probably don't make this too clear in the game), you can click/hold the '~' key to highlight the interactive objects.

Reactions: kcoope89

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Why do you not have a new game start? It really sucks having to start all over from scratch after getting so far because game save is no longer compatible.

Now how the hell do you do the caterpillar to get the last piece of evidence.. I ran out of time as I could not get any info from hatter.. never mentions caterpillar at all.

Last edited:
3.50 star(s) 16 Votes