VN Ren'Py Corporate Culture [v0.7] [sqwl]

4.30 star(s) 160 Votes

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
I mean, there's no guarantee she will be a LI either... it's more like fan wishful thinking at this point, since she seems to not be interested AT ALL...

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
And agreed with HiP1, the fact that he hasn't called her doesn't mean he won't... only the dev knows, but it'd be pretty stupid to have a choice like that and then have it not matter at all, because then what's even the point of it? My guess is that she will come back, at least for a quick fuck or something.
Seriously, just think about at the story as a whole, its whole meaning, where it is going. Anything unrelated with the Corporation... gone by now.

I'd be really surprised if we ever see Tommy again... that red dress chick? oh, come on.

Did you notice that if you choose to dump Lucy she literally disappears from the game?

Did you notice that you have never seen Emma - not a single picture - in the whole last 0.7 update... and you think that a totally nameless minor character that appeared once comes back out of nowhere ( = Ed decides to call her, out of the blue) and has a major role in the story?!?!?!?!?!?

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Seriously, just think about at the story as a whole, its whole meaning, where it is going. Anything unrelated with the Corporation... gone by now.

I'd be really surprised if we ever see Tommy again... that red dress chick? oh, come on.

Did you notice that if you choose to dump Lucy she literally disappears from the game?

Did you notice that you have never seen Emma - not a single picture - in the whole last 0.7 update... and you think that a totally nameless minor character that appeared once comes back out of nowhere ( = Ed decides to call her, out of the blue) and has a major role in the story?!?!?!?!?!?
lol... and why is that? because you think so? you're ridiculous dude, why wouldn't we see Tommy again? he hasn't appeared every single update... Zoe disappeared for a very long chunk of the game and she came back this last update...

Your "reasoning" is bullshit... of course we'll see Tommy and Emma again. Emma is one of the main antagonists... in fact, I'm willing to bet there's gonna be at least one hate-fuck scene with Emma before the game is done...

Oh and btw, I never said club chick should have a "major role", you're just huffing paint and making up bullshit... I said she might come back for maybe a sex scene or two, I NEVER suggested she should be a MG and have her own path.

I mean, FFS, you kept trying to gaslight me about the phone number thing when you were plain wrong, so excuse me if I don't take you seriously, but you're just talking out of your ass at this point.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Emma (Michelle Obama) was the antagonist - boss of MC ( intern Barack Obama) - using him as all bossses do (to interns being treated like indentured slaves who do not get paid, yet they get pushed around and used like able employees) as she herself confessed she has a huge crush on him enough to not fire him throughout the years for his lack luster abismal bare bone performance.
It will be interesting to see how the author handles this, how he plans to move from their established mentor-student and office buddies relationship to romance or lust
Also ... Steve Carell admitted to marrying his student, Gordon Ramsay admitted marrying a girl he groomed since she was a couple a years underage and she was the GF of some of his younger neighborhood buddies. Never spoke to them after the stint since. Borrowing from real life is the way to make this more endearing and over the top+plot armored shenanigans - repeating itself over and over again in every update is really wearing this game down.

Emma is one of the main antagonists
We all know how it all ended up (Barack Obama married his ”antagonist” boss lady and went on to become, arguably, the most acclaimed+decorated+loved+missed two terms president of the USA and Michelle has always been there by his side building him up every step of the way), right?

Last edited:

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
The dev admitted to deleting past events with girls that even look in the direction of MC:
Q: why did Lucy become a target? ... A from dev: That's my bad. There was another event with her and it was deleted.

To the story, each and every girl is a character, some major, some minor. In the arc of MC, Emma is a major character, just like Alice and Elsa ... you were right for the Li cathegory for all three of them, yet the dev is outright refuting such cathegories in this game:
Q:is Elsa going to be a LI? ... A from dev: I really can't answer that because of spoilers...but she's one of the main characters
Because to me it reads like the dev might be setting her up for something more... like with the secretary, the chick from the club and the ladyboss...
This game has some pretty bizarre sequences of events ...
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ass~God

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
The dev admitted to deleting past events with girls that even look in the direction of MC:

To the story, each and every girl is a character, some major, some minor. In the arc of MC, Ellen is a major character, just like Alice and Elsa ... you were right for the Li cathegory for all three of them, yet the dev is outright refuting such cathegories in this game:
I'll assume you're talking about Emma, not "Ellen", and whatever the case might be, she won't just disappear from the story... she's a major character in the story, even if she doesn't show up physically for an update or two, regardless of which "category" you, me or the dev want to put her in.

yossa999

Engaged Member
Dec 5, 2020
The answer sounds like the guess is right and Elsa is planned to be an LI at certain point.

It will be interesting to see how the author handles this, how he plans to move from their established mentor-student and office buddies relationship to romance or lust. I think Ed has started to take tentative steps in that direction in the current update, testing the waters and making a joke out of it when Elsa gives him a sharp look.

I don't see any obstacles from Ed's side, he is sexually frustrated and horny enough to have an affair with Lucy just to feed his ego. But Elsa hasn't shown any interest in him yet, and I don't see any signs that she even sees him as a man. Hopefully they won't just jump from 0 to 100, like in so many games where the characters have been just friends for a long time, nothing has hinted that they want something more, and suddenly they wake up lusting for each other to the brim.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
The answer sounds like the guess is right and Elsa is planned to be an LI at certain point.

It will be interesting to see how the author handles this, how he plans to move from their established mentor-student and office buddies relationship to romance or lust. I think Ed has started to take tentative steps in that direction in the current update, testing the waters and making a joke out of it when Elsa gives him a sharp look.

I don't see any obstacles from Ed's side, he is sexually frustrated and horny enough to have an affair with Lucy just to feed his ego. But Elsa hasn't shown any interest in him yet, and I don't see any signs that she even sees him as a man. Hopefully they won't just jump from 0 to 100, like in so many games where the characters have been just friends for a long time, nothing has hinted that they want something more, and suddenly they wake up lusting for each other to the brim.
Can be a case of blind dumb mofo, many such cases :KEK:
I mean, sometimes a girl is like Zoe, she's all over you and everyone knows she's infatuated with you but you're oblivious to that fact. A thing to keep in mind is that we see the story through Ed's eyes, he's the narrator of the story.
Now while Elsa doesn't show many signs of love or even care for Edwards, she's been there for him since the very beginning. Like a best bro but female. An interesting scene in this update was the hug-interruptus. There are similar scenes in other updates that show us Elsa not being into physical contact at all. Does she have some kind of trauma? Idk but she's like the proto Ice Queen bitch.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
lol... and why is that? because you think so? you're ridiculous dude, why wouldn't we see Tommy again? he hasn't appeared every single update... Zoe disappeared for a very long chunk of the game and she came back this last update...

Your "reasoning" is bullshit... of course we'll see Tommy and Emma again. Emma is one of the main antagonists... in fact, I'm willing to bet there's gonna be at least one hate-fuck scene with Emma before the game is done...

Oh and btw, I never said club chick should have a "major role", you're just huffing paint and making up bullshit... I said she might come back for maybe a sex scene or two, I NEVER suggested she should be a MG and have her own path.

I mean, FFS, you kept trying to gaslight me about the phone number thing when you were plain wrong, so excuse me if I don't take you seriously, but you're just talking out of your ass at this point.
Did you realise that this game had 6 updates in the last 5 years? did you?

Zoe, Fleur and Emma belong to the Corporate "environment": haven't you realised that the long muted scene at the end of 0.5 marked the end of a narrative arc and a new narrative arc which is wholly centred around the Corporation started?

The biggest writing problem of sqwl (the Author) is how to make Alice fit into the story now.

So, no, sorry but I don't think the Author will spend time and energy into nameless side characters unrelated with the Corporation environment.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020
So, no, sorry but I don't think the Author will spend time and energy into nameless side characters unrelated with the Corporation environment.
That's just your opinion man, not the absolute truth. I think we'll see this "nameless side character" again at least once more (if game not abandoned by then). And I hope so or I'll be really disappointed by the fake choice

Reactions: AlexMpog

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
That's just your opinion man, not the absolute truth. I think we'll see this "nameless side character" again at least once more (if game not abandoned by then). And I hope so or I'll be really disappointed by the fake choice
Bro, it hasn't happened anything - nothing, not a single peck on the cheek - between our Ed guy and the 2 main girls in 5 years, and yet you want to see this Miss Red Dress (who has a boyfriend, mind you) to come back. Oh well.

Jacowboy

Aug 8, 2022
Did you realise that this game had 6 updates in the last 5 years? did you?
What does that have to do with anything in terms of narrative?

ugh why do I even bother... as much as you keep pretending to know better than everyone else, it's pretty clear you're absolutely clueless... your arguments are literal shit, just stop.

Apr 16, 2020
What does that have to do with anything in terms of narrative?

ugh why do I even bother... as much as you keep pretending to know better than everyone else, it's pretty clear you're absolutely clueless... your arguments are literal shit, just stop.
What a wall, this guy is something special.

Jumbi

With my good eye closed
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
Because to me it reads like the dev might be setting her up for something more... like with the secretary, the chick from the club and the ladyboss... I have no "evidence" tho, but like, there's usually a reason for things. Now, sure, maybe nothing will come out of any of it, but there's no real reason to think that the only LIs are Alice, Elsa and Lucy...

Hell, it's entirely possible Elsa will never be a LI and Alice will never be attainable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plus I'm sure the ex will reappear at some point too.
Personally, with Christine I haven't got any vibes that make me think of her as a prospective LI. I think her role in the game means just another challenge that our protagonist will have to overcome in his personal journey.

anyone any hero knows how to reach this scene? View attachment 4133814 View attachment 4133815
Sorry, I don't know. I hadn't noticed before (because I ditched her early in my game, when I understood that she wasn't good for Edward). Now that you've reposted this, I realize that's Ed's neighbor. Hmm... I remembered her on the chubby side, but here she looks skinny. Does she lose weight during her relation with Ed?

4.30 star(s) 160 Votes