Unity Completed Corporate Pussy [Final] [Untold Love Stories Games]

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes
May 9, 2020
If Malwarebytes didn't quarantine it, then it wasn't Malwarebytes that caught the file. You must have some other anti-malware application running in addition to Malwarebytes.

If you are running two anti-malware applications, you are likely getting false positives from the two applications trying to scan the same file.
I think I figured out what happened but I can't be sure since I can't even find the file in a quarantine or anything. It might've been Windows Defender? Windows Security? The issue is that usually both would pop up and tell me some details if they caught something but this time it didn't, it's literally just that when I opened the file, Malwarebytes popped up a prompt giving me an option to ignore it, and next thing I knew the file just closes and it disappears, just like a typical Trojan virus/ malware/ browser hijacker etc. behavior. However usually when something like that does happen I can normally find out where it goes/ what it's doing within an hour, but since I couldn't find it anywhere I had to ask my questions.

Arrdvark

Jan 23, 2018
Windows Security (or Defender) doesn't like Malwarebytes (or most other anti-virus/anti-malware software). It can trigger a false positive on files that Malwarebytes is scanning. Without getting too deep into it, Windows Security and many other security applications interpret the scan from another application as suspicious activity.

This is why it is recommended to only allow one application to run real-time scanning. Windows Defender used to automatically deactivate itself if other security software was installed, but I don't think Windows Security has that feature.

katarakta

May 31, 2020
too bad it doesn't have easy controls...like the menu and save...I counldn't get the menu out...too bad...loks very good, but it's unplayable

TomUK

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2021
How do you get the menu up and the cursor disappears and I have no clue where it's is except by moving the mouse about and accidentally running over an option.

cab18+

Aug 14, 2021
Funny, it says to regularly save but i have no idea how to get the save menu on screen... ;)

Edit: you have to wait for the intro to finish before you can access the options.

Reactions: katarakta

Kaos_Theory

Apr 18, 2019
A few points

• My AV quarantined it.
  • It requested access to online functions through a firewall
  • It didn't provide any options for changing screen size. I was left with a screen/full-screen window or nothing
  • No sound options that I could find. I had to leave it at max volume either, mute the whole system sound or turn the system sound down manually
All in all, it is not a good look for any game that wants to be taken seriously

This one is not going to be something I look at again, I don't like not having the option to control screen size and sound, that's practically mandatory in this day and age

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
A few points

• My AV quarantined it.
  • It requested access to online functions through a firewall
  • It didn't provide any options for changing screen size. I was left with a screen/full-screen window or nothing
  • No sound options that I could find. I had to leave it at max volume either, mute the whole system sound or turn the system sound down manually
All in all, it is not a good look for any game that wants to be taken seriously

This one is not going to be something I look at again, I don't like not having the option to control screen size and sound, that's practically mandatory in this day and age
  1. We just had that discussion. False positive
  2. That is normal for most Unity games.
  3. Yup annoying af
  4. Also annoying :D

• Angry
Reactions: IXL

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Boy....these unity games.....

Open up in full screen w music blaring so I can't change settings for awhile.
Really bad performance.
Sending information about me/my computer to someone without my permission in the background.
Bad game controls
Yuck....

Just tried another unity game w almost same results. Didn't realize this one was unity till I launched
it...lol annoying as hell. lol

I'd say never again w a unity game...but I sometimes forget which platform it is that spies on you in
the background.

On the other hand.... I play Hail Dicktator and it isn't near as bad even though it's unity so maybe
it's just that certain Devs are better at 'tuning' their games than others...who knows...

Cheers...

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
  1. We just had that discussion. False positive
  2. That is normal for most Unity games.
  3. Yup annoying af
  4. Also annoying :D

As an addendum just from my experience.

I use Firefox.
I also mostly only downloaded from Mixdrop.

A couple months ago I started receiving Virus warnings from most everything
I dl'd from Mixdrop. This was after a particular Firefox update...coincidence? maybe.

Since I started using Pixeldrain things have been fine.
Soooo....go figure... lol

Cheers

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Mar 2, 2019
As an addendum just from my experience.

I use Firefox.
I also mostly only downloaded from Mixdrop.

A couple months ago I started receiving Virus warnings from most everything
I dl'd from Mixdrop. This was after a particular Firefox update...coincidence? maybe.

Since I started using Pixeldrain things have been fine.
Soooo....go figure... lol

Cheers
Nah that is from Firefox. Mixdrop gets flagged, because of the ads and it has hosted maleware. But the files are fine if uploaded by us.

Popsstar

Dec 7, 2018
Anyone got further than the start screen? for me it just opens fullscreen and says press to continue but nothing happens

MRMIdAS2k

Mar 21, 2018
Anyone got further than the start screen? for me it just opens fullscreen and says press to continue but nothing happens
You have to actually click the "press to continue" text.

Believe me, the game gets worse from there.

Reactions: IXL

Azzy451

May 29, 2017
opens on screen 2.. not on screen 1.. and you can't get to settings until lots and lots of clicks later when Lora gives you a menial task - not that you can do anything like change to a window and move screens anyway when you get to settings... and the cursor leaves the building when it's convo time.. I'll guess where my mouse is then.. room exit options are not logical from where you entered, after 15 hours of instructions on your job.. the item 2/3 click area is out of whack - half way across 3 you're selecting #2 - item 4 & 5 are both called item 4.. um .. anyway 70 credits and 7 BS tasks later - you can go to bed.. well, after another slow set of instructions.. Day2 the crazy coffee lady keeps asking me if I want to buy something after I already have... - 3 times trying to find the invisible mouse position to politely her her NO I don't want another croissant - at half a days wage you can jog on lady - it's not like you send me a dubious picture like Chloe then say it was for another boy... at least I can drag/drop the croissant on B pretty much anywhere, Lora needed the documents in her belly button to be happy (strange girl) but the greedy cow (B) just wants more croissants - exit stage left..

I escaped B find an annoyed Chloe.. day 3 is somehow now week 2 ..ok.. - Lora is looking for me.. can't find her.. manage to fix a printer, discover I have a horse Dick but only about 3 swimmers .. still can't find Lora.. I actually gave up at this point.. clearly I'm too useless to click things (item boundary issues), get confused which way I entered a room (confusing room movement) can't see where I'm pointing (cursor goes bye bye when needed) and I'm still annoyed it's on the wrong screen!..

I hate giving neg feedback - there's promise here, I like the concept and graphics - I really wanted to like this - even a little grind is ok but the interface f'tuckery is annoying to such a point - I only lasted this long because I started typing and wanted to give something constructive back. to get a game out is an achievement - learning to code and make it good is hard .. I wanted to say good luck making this work.. but it's listed as 'final' - so good luck with the next project!
- get some play testers - there's a lot of folk here who would help.

Az

3.00 star(s) 2 Votes