TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I do find it weird that everyone is in that big manor with the mc but we just have Chloe take her home & come back alone, the dialogue in that scene seems to imply that Chloe will be looking after her sister like when she was with the organization but it doesn't fit instead it actively contradicts with the fact that during the day and at night Chloe is alone in her room there is no point during the day when she would seem to be with her sister, it would be far better imo if she could live in the manor as well as her sister.
It is a little head scratching. I really thought MC was gonna propose she stays with her sister in the mantion. Chloe and Gwen staying in their rooms all the time is probably a quirk or early versions, eventually they'll be more active I think. I hope. Still that little girl, as badass as she is, is living on her own now.

Although another funny thing is this mantion is full of girls the MC is fucking so maybe NOT including the little girl is... wise.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
It is a little head scratching. I really thought MC was gonna propose she stays with her sister in the mantion. Chloe and Gwen staying in their rooms all the time is probably a quirk or early versions, eventually they'll be more active I think. I hope. Still that little girl, as badass as she is, is living on her own now.

Although another funny thing is this mantion is full of girls the MC is fucking so maybe NOT including the little girl is... wise.
I wouldn't mind if she stayed in the mansion in an unavailable "hidden" unlabeled or whatever room and was only seen during the day for example sitting on the couch or with Jessica in the kitchen or if at some point there was a small period of time during the day where maybe you could see Chloe leaving to go check on or cook for her sister. Anything like those would work I think, just a reference, a scene or piece of dialogue that makes it clear she hasn't been abandoned and left to fend for herself.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I wouldn't mind if she stayed in the mansion in an unavailable "hidden" unlabeled or whatever room and was only seen during the day for example sitting on the coach or with Jessica in the kitchen or if at some point there was a small period of time during the day where maybe you could see Chloe leaving to go check on or cook for her sister. Anything like those would work I think, just a reference, a scene or piece of dialogue that makes it clear she hasn't been abandoned and left to fend for herself.
I really wouldn't mind if she was living in the mantion and not be fuckable. Actually I'm all for it. It's just that the situation is funny in my mind.

• Haha
Reactions: ChaosJokerX

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I really wouldn't mind if she was living in the mantion and not be fuckable. Actually I'm all for it. It's just that the situation is funny in my mind.
If she was living in the manor she could have some really cute scenes made for her, like being caught by her sister pigging out on sweets or playing in the garden with pixie, having a family movie night with her sister and possibly mc, making food (breakfast/dinner) in the kitchen with Jessica, little things like those. Maybe introducing her to Kana and they could play on the farm that would be sweet.
Aww now I really wish we could take her to the festival with Kana...

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
If she was living in the manor she could have some really cute scenes made for her, like being caught by her sister (WHAT :eek:) pigging out on sweets (Oh :censored:) or playing in the garden with pixie, having a family movie night with her sister and possibly mc, making food (breakfast/dinner) in the kitchen with Jessica, little things like those. Maybe introducing her to Kana and they could play on the farm that would be sweet.
Aww now I really wish we could take her to the festival with Kana...
I really thought that was gonna go somewhere else at first. Bot jokes aside that's what I expected to happen. MC says she can live with them and she brings adorable-ness while helping Chloe's character development.

Then again I guess she can just come visit...

• Haha
Reactions: Hones

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I really thought that was gonna go somewhere else at first. Bot jokes aside that's what I expected to happen. MC says she can live with them and she brings adorable-ness while helping Chloe's character development.

Then again I guess she can just come visit...
I really hope arc decides to do something like this, I enjoy cute carefree moments in games, if you played dark magic there is a scene where mc is fixing water pipes for a womans shower and her daughter sees it's working now so she gets a water gun and starts spraying everyone, I found that little scene hilarious. In a house on a rift some of my favorite scenes so far are just cooking with Rea and watching a movie with her. I like little cute carefree scenes and character bonding moments in games even when they have very little or nothing at all to do with the plot, like in evenicle when walking around the map you might get a short companion scene where you have a picnic or give a piggyback ride etc.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
I really hope arc decides to do something like this, I enjoy cute carefree moments in games, if you played dark magic there is a scene where mc is fixing water pipes for a womans shower and her daughter sees it's working now so she gets a water gun and starts spraying everyone, I found that little scene hilarious. In a house on a rift some of my favorite scenes so far are just cooking with Rea and watching a movie with her. I like little cute carefree scenes and character bonding moments in games even when they have very little or nothing at all to do with the plot, like in evenicle when walking around the map you might get a short companion scene where you have a picnic or give a piggyback ride etc.
Funny you'd mention Dark Magic I just noticed the game and downloaded it.

My favorite thing about CK is that the tone is pretty lighthearted, the characters are nice to each other, true friends and it's mostly funny and cute. And yet it still has darker moments like the church, MC mistakenly causing the deaths of a bunch of bad guys, etc. It's not all silly and it's all all drama either. It's well balanced and you feel the weight of those thigns a lot more because of it.

If I had to make predictions, I still think Chloe will become her old self over time and by the end she won't be forced to be with the MC because of the Shatter power but because she wants to after seeing how well he treats her and her sister.

Similarly, I think Gwen will get better as well but realize the MC actually IS that strong man she was looking for while still respeting her and what she wants unlike her old fiance.

It's cliché but it's good cliché.

Reactions: lobisaac

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Funny you'd mention Dark Magic I just noticed the game and downloaded it.

My favorite thing about CK is that the tone is pretty lighthearted, the characters are nice to each other, true friends and it's mostly funny and cute. And yet it still has darker moments like the church, MC mistakenly causing the deaths of a bunch of bad guys, etc. It's not all silly and it's all all drama either. It's well balanced and you feel the weight of those thigns a lot more because of it.

If I had to make predictions, I still think Chloe will become her old self over time and by the end she won't be forced to be with the MC because of the Shatter power but because she wants to after seeing how well he treats her and her sister.

Similarly, I think Gwen will get better as well but realize the MC actually IS that strong man she was looking for while still respeting her and what she wants unlike her old fiance.

It's cliché but it's good cliché.
Agreed the writing and the way the scenes are shown balances the tones of the game really well imo, I was just as pissed as the mc when we walk in to that room with pixie on the table about to be experimented on and when he got pissed at the bad guys I wanted them dead I was happy the monster showed up but I really wanted to save the awakened doc, when he reached out and the monster caught her that was so sad to me, so much emotion in those short few scenes, I hated her at the start but was sad we couldn't save her at then end, then you wake up and pixie is there with the others everyones ok and gramps tells mc off for being an idiot..., so far I am really enjoying the writing and the way the game balances the light and dark tones of the game.
Regarding Gwen I like her and am looking forward to more of her content, I do get why some may feel bad for her old fiance I couldn't have cared less, the way he acted and with the knowledge of her awakened desire just made me feel that she was better off without him, good riddance, which is kind of weird normally I would at the very least feel some empathy for the guy but nope nothing, if that was intentional by arc then good work if not then maybe I'm meaner than I thought.

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
with the knowledge of her awakened desire just made me feel that she was better off without him
I hope you're right. I guess I just give him the benefit of the doubt because I would probably react in a similar way if I just I learned my fiancee is cheating. A minor grey piont. If the intent is to make him look like a pos I'm not entirely sure it worked on me.

He did call and came all the way to the mantion though, so he would have had some time to cool off. Rha this all scene is weird to me I wish he was as unambiguously terrible as Lily's ex...

100% agree about your spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hones

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I hope you're right. I guess I just give him the benefit of the doubt because I would probably react in a similar way if I just I learned my fiancee is cheating. A minor grey piont. If the intent is to make him look like a pos I'm not entirely sure it worked on me.

He did call and came all the way to the mantion though, so he would have had some time to cool off. Rha this all scene is weird to me I wish he was as unambiguously terrible as Lily's ex...
Maybe it's intention was to make you feel bad though similar to Choes sister?
I believe those scenes were to show that the MCs actions had consequences that the organization employees even those that were killed have lives & loved ones other people that are affected by the actions of the MC.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017

100% agree about your spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Hey Brother!
While I can kind of see your point, I would like to add a couple of my own.

While what you say maybe true, you also have to look at all sides of the coin too.

First lets look at the awakening power.....it awakens the desires that are already there...if she was awakened and had those desires for her fiancé, then it would have caused her to desire the fiancé even more (with that kind of leveled devotion as well).
That didn't happen for a reason, first the MC started talking too her before he used the power.....which caused her to see a stronger man that can sway even her fundamentals about the Feys....in that short of time, which made her think about all her core desires. The power then unlocked her new feelings towards him and fed them.

Second, you forget the whole reason why the MC was there.....and why she was there. Gwen and Chloe both were there to extract info and then Kill the MC...on the companies behalf....without a second thought or remorse about it (making the MC's life forfeit).
All's fair here, that the MC makes their lives forfeit, only he had the good graces not to kill them....but he did end thier entire lives without killing them, which is more than what they would have done, had he not gained his powers.

When your on the opposite side of the war, you should know that your enemy will not have mercy....so you basically signed up for whatever fate befalls you.

As for her fiance, if your lady tells you repeatedly that it's over, and your dumb ass goes over to an unknown mans house to cause shit (hoping something good will come of it) then expect to have your ass wooped or shot and killed. Most likely you still wont get your girl back (even though she told you repeatedly that it was over).

As far as that goes, I have no remorse for her or him, as I see it a life for a life.....only I spared her from death, but her life was over, the moment she committed to serve the company and go through (with no remorse) the MC's death.
So her life belongs to me.....end of story.

However I do see your side too....I just don't agree........thanks for your time though.....................Peace!!

TomberryDude

May 22, 2017
When your on the opposite side of the war, you should know that your enemy will not have mercy....so you basically signed up for whatever fate befalls you.
I don't really care about that tbh. Call me weak or whatever you want but even if I did hold the two of them responsible for what they were about to do to me. I don't hold grudges against them and I wouldn't punish them that harshly for doing what they thought they had to do to survive and "save the world".

As for her fiance, if your lady tells you repeatedly that it's over, and your dumb ass goes over to an unknown mans house to cause shit (hoping something good will come of it) then expect to have your ass wooped or shot and killed. Most likely you still wont get your girl back (even though she told you repeatedly that it was over).
Ok that's a good point, though. The stuff about the Awaken power too even if that one was overcharged and had a way bigger effect on her than anyone else. She's the only girl (well aside from Chloe) for which I actually fee her free will was kind of nuked more than "her true desire was awakened". Still, you might be right about that. And like I said I think that's probably where her character development is gonna go.

jaydem

Sep 8, 2017
I don't really care about that tbh. Call me weak or whatever you want but even if I did hold the two of them responsible for what they were about to do to me. I don't hold grudges against them and I wouldn't punish them that harshly for doing what they thought they had to do to survive and "save the world".

Ok that's a good point, though. The stuff about the Awaken power too even if that one was overcharged and had a way bigger effect on her than anyone else. She's the only girl (well aside from Chloe) for which I actually fee her free will was kind of nuked more than "her true desire was awakened". Still, you might be right about that. And like I said I think that's probably where her character development is gonna go.
Yeah, your right about not holding grudges, as I didn't either......that's why she's being clothed, fed, and living in a palace.....also being made love to just about every day....Lol!!

As far as her just trying to survive, you must remember the MC is too.
That said, both sides think they are right in the war......A wise man once said that two wrongs don't make a right, but two rights on opposing sides are always wrong....the wise one will see both sides and compromise.

Peace!!

4.40 star(s) 232 Votes