MadGenuis

Jan 6, 2019
I'm just curious where everyone who hates Act 3 SHOULD have gone? Because aside from filling in love cards and hareming, the entire plot revolves around A) The Org trying to murder all the Fey and any sympathizers, B) Morgana trying to eradicate humanity, and C) The Eldritch trying to wipe EVERYONE out. All 3 factions are trying to leash and use MC for their own ends.

What would you expect to happen other than all out war? Especially since we still get to harem it up?
Now first off, I don't necessarily hate act 3, though that may have something to do with me having never even played it. I played this game exactly once a long while back, back when it did not even have an act 3 and thus I haven't seen it or even the end of act 2, so there may be some manner of vital last-minute context I'm missing. It may indeed be that something happens that precludes any other development except all-out war (though the way it has been described here both mechanically and narratively makes me seriously doubt it)...

But barring that kind of sudden events that railroad the narrative into a single forced outcome (which also apparently forced a switch in mechanics and theme), I find the notion of there being no other feasible development borderline offensive... and even if such an event took place, I would then question the wisdom of including that event just to force what came after. There are always options for a writer. The writer controls every character and every aspect of the world.

Does "all-out war" as a narrative continuation of what we saw in act 1 and 2 make sense? I would say yes, though the way that war has been described to be fought makes a lot less sense both narratively and mechanically. Is it the only thing we could possibly expect as a continuation of what we saw? Absolutely not. I would obviously have to play the game again (I lost my old save, so I'd have to start over from scratch) up to act 3 to evaluate how much it makes sense, if it is the option that would make the most sense, or make qualified suggestions as to what other directions it could have gone (I have ideas, but there might be events in the story I have not seen that preclude those ideas), but I'm confident that I could come up with something, and most likely something that would not break so sharply from the themes and characters from the first two acts.

Who knows, maybe I'll set aside a few weeks eventually to collect story data and try to make an analysis of this story - I certainly enjoyed this story a lot more than I did with the last one I did so for last I played it - but it won't be right now.

Reactions: lobesod

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Saying shit like that honestly really pisses me off, mans works his ass off working on the game practically every day, going the extra mile to work on the game, only taking time off every couple of months or when he gets sick, and you got the audacity to say something stupid like that.
And he also makes each update available to everyone for free after only a week's delay.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
I'm usually more apathetic toward Patreon coming down on adult game because most of the time it's just like, yeah, I get it. I wish the rules weren't the way they are, but I don't really fault them or anything. But this sucks. The reasoning given (that Alice and the kids exist at all) is just completely absurd and it shows that the people calling the shots lack literally any nuance or cognitive reasoning, and the end result is that yeah, this is probably going to kill the game for a lot of people. It's not Arc's fault (at least as far as we know) but the truth of the matter is that making huge graphical changes and switching platforms and such this far into the game (not to mention all of the delays and time needed to accomplish this) is just going to cause a lot of people to throw their hands up in frustration and never look back. That's a real bummer. I guess I'll keep an ear out for news going forward but it's hard to not feel like this is the end.
As far as we know. The only source for the claim that Alice and Co are the reason for the ban is the dev. And from what I have seen there are a lot of characters in this game that do get sexual that are much more likely to be the reason. There's multiple lolis, there's incest in the form of mother daughter threesomes. The game wasn't exactly playing it safe.
Patreon is very often arbitrary and inconsistent in its enforcement of its rules, but for this case I kind of doubt that what the dev told us was really the reason.

Babobaggins

Oct 28, 2019
As far as we know. The only source for the claim that Alice and Co are the reason for the ban is the dev. And from what I have seen there are a lot of characters in this game that do get sexual that are much more likely to be the reason. There's multiple lolis, there's incest in the form of mother daughter threesomes. The game wasn't exactly playing it safe.
Patreon is very often arbitrary and inconsistent in its enforcement of its rules, but for this case I kind of doubt that what the dev told us was really the reason.
Right, that's sort of what compelled me to add that parenthetical to my post as well. I can very much imagine Patreon asking for clarification on Alice and getting it, but then going "okay, then what about this character?" to any number of other characters that don't have as good of an explanation and then that's pretty much all she wrote. It's more like, no matter what you initially got their attention for, you're still cooked anyway. [Just to carlify, this is much less about me calling the dev a liar and more just an "ah, that would make sense" sort of deduction. I definitely believe Alice could have been the initial reason any of this happened.]

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

vilewe7570

Oct 5, 2021
I remember when the first graphics overhaul came around and the dev claimed they couldn't post on F95 anymore because of arbitrary Patreon rules, but definitely not the fact they dislike pirates and were throwing a fit whenever people posted links, so yeah the whole can't have nice things because of kids is a little sus. If that were the case you would think they would try other crowdsources and tell fans to switch over instead of redoing the game from the ground up to maybe get on Steam, which are arbitrary and inconsistent as well :coffee: Other things Patreon doesn't like is rape, mind control, small titties, incest, and anything that makes the prudish bankers gasp in horror while crying won't someone please think of the children...

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
Damn, another patreon shenanigans, I wanted to wait until this game on version 25 before replaying it from scratch but that's no longer an option, huh.
Can anyone explain what is the reason why people easily donate with patreon but not so much with SS? I am too poor to know.
I imagine it's mainly because Patreon was around first.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Can anyone explain what is the reason why people easily donate with patreon but not so much with SS? I am too poor to know.
Payment options. Patreon has quite a few. Substar has, like, two. Hyperbole, but you get the point.
Here's the thing. Patreon doesn't care what age you SAY the characters are, they care what age they appear to be. Characters like Qarinah and Pixie are big a no-no. I'm not saying the dev is lying, I'm saying I believe he misunderstood patreons reasoning.

Reactions: Vizer007

Hateitfuckit

May 18, 2019
Why not just end the game and make another new game instead of changing shits for the steam. Rely on subscribers for this one and make another new game alongside. I don't think it smart to change an existing game which will suck even more money as it gets remodeled.

Alandir

Aug 18, 2021
Payment options. Patreon has quite a few. Substar has, like, two. Hyperbole, but you get the point.

Here's the thing. Patreon doesn't care what age you SAY the characters are, they care what age they appear to be. Characters like Qarinah and Pixie are big a no-no. I'm not saying the dev is lying, I'm saying I believe he misunderstood patreons reasoning.
Yeah that's what I was saying. Some of the "college" girls are also quite borderline.

Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
IIRC, this game does have some questionable-looking model types for some of the female characters (e.g., Pixie/Qarinah) as Insomnimaniac Games pointed out. It boils down to how the Patreon enforcers/admins see it, because any dev can say that a character in their game is 18+ but that can be pretty subjective to the individual generally speaking...

1707544397606.png

Sep 20, 2018
i watched a bit of his stream from discord. sounds like because there is children in the game patreon went NOPE and shut him down. the physical age could of also been a nail in the coffin as well.

some of the characters few games use anime age logic download.jpg in a

if this is the issue theres gonna be a few devs kicked of patreon.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
if this is the issue theres gonna be a few devs kicked of patreon.
Patreon has never allowed sexualized loli in games. It's just that they're actually enforcing it now. There's been a lot of talk about the crackdown on incest content in the dev forums, for example.
the physical age could of also been a nail in the coffin as well.
Just gonna throw it out there, I've read patreons (supposed) statement. Read in full, I do not believe it's referring to the actual children in the game, but the myriad of loli-bait characters in the game that are "over 18" years old. Arc played with fire, and got burned. I feel for this having happened to him, but it was only a matter of time. Corrupted Kingdoms breaks almost every rule patreon has when it comes to adult content. Still sucks, though.

Ssato243

Feb 2, 2021
Patreon has never allowed sexualized loli in games. It's just that they're actually enforcing it now. There's been a lot of talk about the crackdown on incest content in the dev forums, for example.

Just gonna throw it out there, I've read patreons (supposed) statement. Read in full, I do not believe it's referring to the actual children in the game, but the myriad of loli-bait characters in the game that are "over 18" years old. Arc played with fire, and got burned. I feel for this having happened to him, but it was only a matter of time. Corrupted Kingdoms breaks almost every rule patreon has when it comes to adult content. Still sucks, though.
yep it is sucks on that

Draxeid

Oct 14, 2018
I remember when the first graphics overhaul came around and the dev claimed they couldn't post on F95 anymore because of arbitrary Patreon rules, but definitely not the fact they dislike pirates and were throwing a fit whenever people posted links, so yeah the whole can't have nice things because of kids is a little sus. If that were the case you would think they would try other crowdsources and tell fans to switch over instead of redoing the game from the ground up to maybe get on Steam, which are arbitrary and inconsistent as well :coffee: Other things Patreon doesn't like is rape, mind control, small titties, incest, and anything that makes the prudish bankers gasp in horror while crying won't someone please think of the children...
The dev is trying to get as many sources as possible, steam is the last resort.

Reactions: vilewe7570

jahall

Feb 20, 2019
The dev is trying to get as many sources as possible, steam is the last resort.
Arc has made a public post on his Subscribestar summarise the latest position:

Basically it says that the number of people taking out SS subscriptions since he was chucked off Patreon has been encouraging, so he's hoping that he won't need to go down the Steam route after all.

hagibi1012

Apr 15, 2021
Arc has made a public post on his Subscribestar summarise the latest position:

Basically it says that the number of people taking out SS subscriptions since he was chucked off Patreon has been encouraging, so he's hoping that he won't need to go down the Steam route after all.
Fucked up that patreon intends to keep the 8k$ left in his wallet after deactivating his page. I bet having one more month to work through this would've been nice.

As a pure middleman, I do not see how patreon can afford to attack their userbase in the name of corporate profits. I guess as a 4billion$ company they just exist for shareholders to fuck them now.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AlexaSky
4.40 star(s) 232 Votes