kameohawk

Dec 16, 2017
how idiot/stupid the mc in this game? was gonna download this game and try it but I read your comment, now I slightly lost interest haha. hate playing games when the MC is idiot/stupid especially if MC is super idiot/stupid + pervert like the game "long live the princess", played for 10 mins and i got annoyed super fast by the mc cause of how stupid/idiot he is haha.
No, download it. It's definitely worth your time. He's not a... massive idiot but there are one or two scenes where I think the plot dictates his actions as opposed to lett you decide the outcome, which leaves you kinda shouting at the screen "RUUUUUN".

He's not a pervert. Well... he may be I can't really say but the perverted things you can do in game are locked behind a progressive power-up so it isn't simply a case of telling the first girl you meet to let you fool around with her.

JTakiyaa

Dec 9, 2019
Now all we need to do is make more Roxies and we now have infinite supplies of child nukes, it's a win-win
Next update we'll see the American starts a new anti terror campaign and dispatching troop near the farm in effort to acquire or destroy this weapon of mass destruction. China, Russia and North Korea would send in their respective special forces trying to kidnap Lil Roxy inspired from "GATE". Seems like the MC gotta summon Eldritch horror again to counter this effort.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Yeah, sure. I'm going to go back over the last week of comments and count all of them to give an exact number. I'll get right on that... :rolleyes:
You seriously think most people are happy about how things are going? We got an awful update, the next week was a nothing update, Arc has been lurking in the thread but hasn't posted anything, and the timing of his computer breaking happening to coincide with such a disliked update is highly suspicious. What is there to like about any of this? It's far more than just hating Chloe being replaced. Arc earned a lot of goodwill with his record up to this point, but it has limits.

data analysis is my work. and concept like vocal minority and biased sampling are true problems.
and yes, i think some reworks are bad, and arc should have done only the mandatory change for avoiding problem over intellectual proprety and leave the rest as is. but most of the negative reaction is powered form the human inclination to go against the changes, all changes.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019

data analysis is my work. and concept like vocal minority and biased sampling are true problems.
and yes, i think some reworks are bad, and arc should have done only the mandatory change for avoiding problem over intellectual proprety and leave the rest as is. but most of the negative reaction is powered form the human inclination to go against the changes, all changes.

Not really trying to pick sides. I don't think the changes are this bad as some people portray it, but I also do not see the original characters on them, nor do I hold the same interest I originally had on them.

I probably should start over ex nihillo in v0.7.0a but currently too lazy/busy/distracted to do so. So I'll probably put this in the backburner for a while.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
i never said the position "the majority hate the change" it's wrong.
but "because i see a lot of post here of poeple against it is a prof of the majority against it" is for sure wrong.

peacefulkaos

Nov 27, 2019
havent played this game since the beginning of the year, and my memories not the best, but are the parts when its just a blackscreen but still dialogue, supposed to be animated scenes? ive tried the windows and android versions and the scenes like pixie grinding the laptop and morgana going to town on herself are just black with dialogue. anyway to fix it or?

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
i never said the position "the majority hate the change" it's wrong.
but "because i see a lot of post here of poeple against it is a prof of the majority against it" is for sure wrong.
Could a poll be done better? Sure, especially if you include blackjack and hookers :LOL:
Is hand-waving actual criticism and concerns counterproductive? Maybe
2szt1f.jpg
(The statement Master of Puppets was responding to)

However since I like Data :geek:

The current statistics
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0a-big-bugfix-edition-arcgames.31912/post-4239837

From CursedFlame91's A Character Comparison Poll that he is running on Arc's behalf.

As for the other point
and yes, i think some reworks are bad, and arc should have done only the mandatory change for avoiding problem over intellectual proprety and leave the rest as is.
Could Arc have mitigated some problems by properly citing the Original Artists that he used or took inspiration from? Yes

Was Arc incapable of keeping records of Artists he used? No, he actually kept good logs of the Music Artists he used so why were the Visual Artists neglected? Only Zolla was credited for Asteria & Roxy up until 0.7.0. Then after he did an Internal Audit (Without ever going into details about what triggered it :whistle:) and found some of his previous choices to be questionable he still could have given the Other Artists the same shout out as Future Fragments, the only other artist he credited in this debacle, but instead went with:

When people started questioning if all the Character Cards he sold were his own creations well...
its-time-to-burn-the-evidence.jpg

The Character Card Pack he sold before 0.7.0 was removed (Though besides a few select cards they are available elsewhere if you have enough Determination to search for them). The Characters in question were altered/replaced to obfuscate the origin. And since 0.7.0 he hasn't been available for comment outside his official commercial channels.

Then just for a little extra seasoning if you don't like the New Designs well you just dislike change? Not like people could appreciate the Old Designs? The ones that some have spent well over a year throwing money at him for.

yes-i-am-a-salty-dog.jpg
Though the Anti-Pirate that was found to be a Pirate is uokpl.rs-lip-emoji-png-3125293.png

Cokebaths

May 30, 2020
Hmm a lot of people seem mad about character remodeling. Luckily for me, I just started playing and haven't seen the old models :KEK:

Anyways, I'm lookin forward to pregnancy being added into the game, not sure when it'll happen but lookin foward to it. The rest of the story is entertaining as well. Can't wait to smash tree woman, she's irritating as hell.

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
havent played this game since the beginning of the year, and my memories not the best, but are the parts when its just a blackscreen but still dialogue, supposed to be animated scenes? ive tried the windows and android versions and the scenes like pixie grinding the laptop and morgana going to town on herself are just black with dialogue. anyway to fix it or?
Could have been a problem in the compression Arc used. Having a Game Compressor look it over might be nice or an uncompressed master source to compare it to... These use webp & webm codecs so older devices might have trouble viewing them. Did you download the full versions of 0.7.0a for windows & android or did you try to update from an earlier version? It was around 0.6.2 that Arc reorganized the files which if you went from something before 0.6.2 to 0.7.0a that could have issues.

CRC Check for the Full PC Version
Name: CorruptedKingdoms-0.7.0a-pc.zip
Size: 1107780752 bytes (1056 MiB)
CRC32: 5B125A24
CRC64: 1A8902B35104B43F
SHA256: F6477EB6B778E87731D8A0AC79659C5310B7ED37BA5DA6653A6051F2CB7421CD
SHA1: D9895B0DD6D7DBBFEE8ED06BA01F07A4BCC8F5DA
BLAKE2sp: 6EE18137A2F04AE59A3DC0D88D1A05D2926F7B585B9F0F2079A5E8A40868F8D2

The only scene that was intentionally dark is an Eldritch Story event where the Hero & Pixie travel to the dark abyss. Which Pixie manages to get some beauty sleep so that was a plus.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Could a poll be done better? Sure, especially if you include blackjack and hookers :LOL:
Is hand-waving actual criticism and concerns counterproductive? Maybe
View attachment 830842
(The statement Master of Puppets was responding to)
the problem is... how rapresentative the sample analyzed of whole population.
well, even the definition of sample e whole population are land mine here.
one can say with without doubt "F95 posting users are strongly against the global rework".
but more of this? it's a wild guessing at best.

However since I like Data :geek:

The current statistics
https://f95zone.to/threads/corrupted-kingdoms-v0-7-0a-big-bugfix-edition-arcgames.31912/post-4239837

From CursedFlame91's A Character Comparison Poll that he is running on Arc's behalf.
first thing, sadly, usualy only 10% of population reply to a form. bad or good doesn't change it. and this is the vocal minority.
i read some say "on Arc's behalf", but i haven't see him say anything of it. it's realy made by an Arc's request or a action done by CursedFlame91 alone? [i'm not accusing or judging anyone, i want only understand the situation]

and then there are the same problem, how many players of CK have see the form? or even only hear of it? and it's right add all players in the "whole population" of the analysis or some boundary conditions are needed to have only the "real" [whatever this mean, it's usualy a word i stay as far as possibile for obvious reasons] CK players in it?

atoms at least don't think, people yes... this horribly complicates things, data analysis included.

Could Arc have mitigated some problems by properly citing the Original Artists that he used or took inspiration from? Yes

Was Arc incapable of keeping records of Artists he used? No, he actually kept good logs of the Music Artists he used so why were the Visual Artists neglected? Only Zolla was credited for Asteria & Roxy up until 0.7.0. Then after he did an Internal Audit (Without ever going into details about what triggered it :whistle:) and found some of his previous choices to be questionable he still could have given the Other Artists the same shout out as Future Fragments, the only other artist he credited in this debacle, but instead went with:

When people started questioning if all the Character Cards he sold were his own creations well...
View attachment 830846

The Character Card Pack he sold before 0.7.0 was removed (Though besides a few select cards they are available elsewhere if you have enough Determination to search for them). The Characters in question were altered/replaced to obfuscate the origin. And since 0.7.0 he hasn't been available for comment outside his official commercial channels.

Then just for a little extra seasoning if you don't like the New Designs well you just dislike change? Not like people could appreciate the Old Designs? The ones that some have spent well over a year throwing money at him for.

View attachment 830878
Though the Anti-Pirate that was found to be a Pirate is View attachment 830883
i'm not defending arc's mangment of this ugly mess, he had done a lot of errors, many of them can be simply be avoided by honest and timely information of the players, and i mean with them a bit more of patreon / own discord.

any change will encounter discontent, it's natural. but the shady works around, plus the lack of comunication, had amplified it to huge levels. and people are right to be even angry with arc. no doubt.

but using a lot of post in a forum, a forum a lot of comunity branded a piracy forum (independently i agree or not with this definition), and extend it to the whole is a bit to much, and i'm working in data analysis, it's a trigger of mine you can say, wenever i see a very bad statistical analysis i snap.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
the problem is... how rapresentative the sample analyzed of whole population.
well, even the definition of sample e whole population are land mine here.
one can say with without doubt "F95 posting users are strongly against the global rework".
but more of this? it's a wild guessing at best.
Sample Data does have it's problems but getting more people to participate is about the best we can do :coffee:

it's realy made by an Arc's request or a action done by CursedFlame91 alone? [i'm not accusing or judging anyone, i want only understand the situation]
Critical Thinking is good (y) However going to the Discord is necessary if you want a more complete picture
2020-09-24_13-25-02.png

and then there are the same problem, how many players of CK have see the form? or even only hear of it? and it's right add all players in the "whole population" of the analysis or some boundary conditions are needed to have only the "real" [whatever this mean, it's usualy a word i stay as far as possibile for obvious reasons] CK players in it?
So far people on F95Zone, Discord, and maybe a few other pirate/fan sites that mirror information from here or Discord. For some reason Arc never did mention this on his Patron and I would assume that is true for his SubscribeStar page too.

i'm not defending arc's mangment of this ugly mess, he had done a lot of errors, many of them can be simply be avoided by honest and timely information of the players, and i mean with them a bit more of patreon / own discord.
Eh that is the beauty of Hindsight. Though the question is what happens next?

Arc is still around even if he is still waiting for the smoke to clear
2020-09-24_13-33-36.png

but using a lot of post in a forum, a forum a lot of comunity branded a piracy forum (independently i agree or not with this definition), and extend it to the whole is a bit to much, and i'm working in data analysis, it's a trigger of mine you can say, wenever i see a very bad statistical analysis i snap.
Well there is a difference between Free Pirates and those like :coffee: More of the technicalities that he found some Pirate Booty and sold it while complaining that others shouldn't manhandle his Pirate Booty
20777211.png

But that just falls into the reason of "Why" the changes were made (Patreon is where he makes his money and while this site is pro pirates it's not like the bankers are). It's not like a lot of people here have their pitchforks and marshmallows out for that though there are some fans that are like "I trusted you" when they went after some other devs/fans for stealing Arc's 'Assets'. If you want to see some dog piles of the Game Compressors look up ArcGames on this thread and either 'pirate' or 'leak' to see what some of the fans were like after Arc made Anti Piracy statements. I miss those Game Compressors...

Nah the pitchforks are more for the Art Assets took a considerable hit (mediocre scores currently at best) which is understandable since it took Arc about a year to get the game to this point and a week to swap out a vast portion of it out.

Some genuinely like the new look, some don't for more reasons then "it's new so bleh:p", and then there are those are more in the middle. Currently trying to sort all the info out.

: Okay, once a decision is made there's no turning back. Nothing less than 100%, and remember, it's not just about guns and ships, it's who has the most information that wins, right?

peacefulkaos

Nov 27, 2019
Could have been a problem in the compression Arc used. Having a Game Compressor look it over might be nice or an uncompressed master source to compare it to... These use webp & webm codecs so older devices might have trouble viewing them. Did you download the full versions of 0.7.0a for windows & android or did you try to update from an earlier version? It was around 0.6.2 that Arc reorganized the files which if you went from something before 0.6.2 to 0.7.0a that could have issues.

CRC Check for the Full PC Version
Name: CorruptedKingdoms-0.7.0a-pc.zip
Size: 1107780752 bytes (1056 MiB)
CRC32: 5B125A24
CRC64: 1A8902B35104B43F
SHA256: F6477EB6B778E87731D8A0AC79659C5310B7ED37BA5DA6653A6051F2CB7421CD
SHA1: D9895B0DD6D7DBBFEE8ED06BA01F07A4BCC8F5DA
BLAKE2sp: 6EE18137A2F04AE59A3DC0D88D1A05D2926F7B585B9F0F2079A5E8A40868F8D2

The only scene that was intentionally dark is an Eldritch Story event where the Hero & Pixie travel to the dark abyss. Which Pixie manages to get some beauty sleep so that was a plus.
i downloaded the latest versions for both of them on nopy ,they were both dated the 23rd and i had no prior data for the game, i was just kinda wondering if it was just a me issue or if others were dealing with it to

• Thinking Face
Reactions: masterdragonson

masterdragonson

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2018
i downloaded the latest versions for both of them on nopy ,they were both dated the 23rd and i had no prior data for the game, i was just kinda wondering if it was just a me issue or if others were dealing with it to
Does this also effect the Gallery?
Did a quick play using 0.7.0a on Windows 7
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Fulminato

Oct 17, 2017
Sample Data does have it's problems but getting more people to participate is about the best we can do :coffee:
sadly it's the only thing one can do in a lot of situation.

Critical Thinking is good (y) However going to the Discord is necessary if you want a more complete picture
a personal action endorsed by arc. probably the best one can think about the situation (the public form).
at least arc seem open to hear the player, i hope he will act after hear the complaint.

Arc is still around even if he is still waiting for the smoke to clear
he know, no doubt it. and he posted in this thread with regularity.
the problem is here, if he was proactive probably will never be smoke to clear. but i can understand why he did, don't agree, but understand is something.

Well there is a difference between Free Pirates and those like :coffee: More of the technicalities that he found some Pirate Booty and sold it while complaining that others shouldn't manhandle his Pirate Booty
i know to well G2A business model, i rarely buyed from this type of sites, but after know that (a lot of years ago) i stopped.
and try to explain to other why and presuade them to do the same.

if one want talk about piracy, the argument is complex, and full of misunderstanding and wrong knowledge.
I don't think this is a piracy forum, btw, but games aren't musics or films, and to an extend piracy is good for games, the full reasons are complex, but at the core is more people know a game, more people can decide to buy the game. gog release all games without drm, one can usualy find in p2p system the game a couple of hours after the release. but this doesn't reduce game sales significatively. and a last bit, piracy isn't steal, when someone steal something deprives the righteful owner to use the stealed object, and the thief gain it. with piracy no one lose the ability to use the buyed object, and the 1 piracy copy = 1 unsold copy is wrong at any level, the large majority of pirate will never buy the game, event if the price is less the a buck, and this mean they don't create a profit loss for the game seller (and usualy the seller isn't the one devoloped the game, this mean to usualy the creators of the game don't receive any penny from the sales).

But that just falls into the reason of "Why" the changes were made (Patreon is where he makes his money and while this site is pro pirates it's not like the bankers are). It's not like a lot of people here have their pitchforks and marshmallows out for that though there are some fans that are like "I trusted you" when they went after some other devs/fans for stealing Arc's 'Assets'. If you want to see some dog piles of the Game Compressors look up ArcGames on this thread and either 'pirate' or 'leak' to see what some of the fans were like after Arc made Anti Piracy statements. I miss those Game Compressors...
this is a ugly mess, no way arond, some position have the high chance to bite you back, hurting a lot. this is one of them.
but i read some position from superpoered author to make this nothing in compare [well, i don't follow the game anymore, to much grind (-_-), so he can have change them since, but i strongly doubt it]

Nah the pitchforks are more for the Art Assets took a considerable hit (mediocre scores currently at best) which is understandable since it took Arc about a year to get the game to this point and a week to swap out a vast portion of it out.

Some genuinely like the new look, some don't for more reasons then "it's new so bleh:p", and then there are those are more in the middle. Currently trying to sort all the info out.
after a year of developing one should reduce the change of this type as much as possibile. probably he overestimated his ability to design something from scratch in relation to the quality of old model (made by other) and this is the obvious result.

Reactions: Evil Earthworm Jim
4.40 star(s) 233 Votes