hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
He's using defines? I'm pretty sure that's wrong for variables that are meant to change. Isn't define the Renpy symbol for constants?
The define statement sets a single variable to a value at init time.
The default statement sets a single variable to a value if that variable is not defined when the game starts, or after a new game is loaded.

He does this in a few places so I guess it doesn't do that. It is more aesthetically pleasing to use defaults for changing variables.

shadowsynn

Nov 11, 2018
I'm curious if anyone has made this connection or not, but I wanted to ask. Does anyone think that the mysterious merchant from the fields was the one who made the grave marker in the dead world that's part of the eldritch storyline? I think it is because for one, she says she's helped in each of our past lives (if I'm right about past lives) and she rhymes when talking. The grave marker was also in a rhyme.

QQP_Purple

Dec 11, 2020
I do this, but i don't know about Ard, Erica, Emmet and Hana
I have no evidence on them, how to get them, or something else needs to be done?
From what I recall you advance through her to get to the point where you have to question the staff individually. And than those options will appear.

EnDeRffff

May 13, 2019
From what I recall you advance through her to get to the point where you have to question the staff individually. And than those options will appear.
Yes, and when i comfort they, I need to provide evidence that one of them is lying, but there is no evidence, and I cannot advance

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
The define statement sets a single variable to a value at init time.
The default statement sets a single variable to a value if that variable is not defined when the game starts, or after a new game is loaded.

He does this in a few places so I guess it doesn't do that. It is more aesthetically pleasing to use defaults for changing variables.
:
Variables that are defined using the define statement are treated as constant, are not saved or loaded, and should not be changed. (Ren'Py does not enforce this, but will produce undefined behavior when this is not the case.)
I looked it up and I was right. 'The dev does it this way so it must be right' is an absurd statement.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hofom77573

Zero54

Jun 16, 2017
Android user here...

So, I can't install v0.10 or v0.10.1 by installing it over the existing app. If I uninstall it, will it keep my save files for when I new install v0.10.1? Because, my Internal_storage/Android/data folder is empty (without uninstalling yet).

apostatefarm

Jul 31, 2018
Android user here...

So, I can't install v0.10 or v0.10.1 by installing it over the existing app. If I uninstall it, will it keep my save files for when I new install v0.10.1? Because, my Internal_storage/Android/data folder is empty (without uninstalling yet).
I recently had to deal with this. If you're having the same issue I was, then the saves are there they're just hidden by the default file manager. I downloaded the x-plore app which actually shows all the files in your data folder so I could move the save over to a backup folder. Uninstall the game, install the update, then move the files back over from wherever you backed them up to. It's a bit of a pain but less effort than replaying the whole game lol

hofom77573

Apr 17, 2021
I looked it up and I was right. 'The dev does it this way so it must be right' is an absurd statement.
When I read documentation it's more like "I don't believe what you say. I believe what you do." as this system isn't treating these as constants. If it had been there would be a lot more errors with basic things.

A constant is a value that cannot be altered by the program during normal execution, i.e., the value is constant. When associated with an identifier, a constant is said to be “named,” although the terms “constant” and “named constant” are often used interchangeably. This is contrasted with a variable, which is an identifier with a value that can be changed during normal execution, i.e., the value is variable.

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Yes, and when i comfort they, I need to provide evidence that one of them is lying, but there is no evidence, and I cannot advance
I think that quest is incomplete anyway.
The quest IS incomplete, but you can still progress past the comfort/confront part. Everyone has at least ONE piece of evidence that you can confront them with. Did you explore the room of the girl who got killed? (can't remember her name) Did you try confronting everyone with whatever piece of evidence you have? (there are no negative repercussions for confronting someone and not having the right evidence, your character just says that you don't have it)

If you have the proper evidence, you'll only be able to confront one person with it, but that person will then change the evidence into something you can confront someone else with. You should be able to do this until you learn the secret of two of the employees and the story line is progressed to where it stops for now.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
When I read documentation it's more like "I don't believe what you say. I believe what you do." as this system isn't treating these as constants. If it had been there would be a lot more errors with basic things.

A constant is a value that cannot be altered by the program during normal execution, i.e., the value is constant. When associated with an identifier, a constant is said to be “named,” although the terms “constant” and “named constant” are often used interchangeably. This is contrasted with a variable, which is an identifier with a value that can be changed during normal execution, i.e., the value is variable.
Also known as 'it could change any time when Renpy updates with no warning'. But I'm sure that no problems would ever be caused by an update to Renpy...

Megaguy123

Jun 12, 2017
For some reason I can't install the most recent update on my Pixel 2. It takes awhile to stage, then starts installing, but when it gets close to the end it just says App not installed without giving me any kind of other error message. Anyone know how to fix this?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: hofom77573
4.40 star(s) 233 Votes