3.90 star(s) 61 Votes

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Uh, let me interrupt your train of thought with some counterpoints. For starters a little blurb on twins & biology from the wiki:

Contrary to what pop culture and media might mislead us in thinking, 'non-identical' or 'fraternal' twins are more prevalent than identical ones - in fact some statistics seem to indicate two-thirds of all twins are non-identical.

So, for starters, i don't remember it being specified what kind of twins Katie and Amber are supposed to be - and they might not know or care, damn, they were separated at birth or very early infancy.

- As fraternal twins, it's a non-issue, their degree of resemblance or divergence can the same as any two random siblings - and since you definitely can find siblings that vary considerably in hair or eye color, skin tones and more depending on the parents themselves, i'd say closed case.

- And about monozygotic/'identical' twins - to paraphrase a quite different work 'some animals are more equal than others'.
A lot of things can affect and change appearance - hair styling, coloring & highlighting, diet, skin treatments, exercise routine (or lack thereof), how regularly one takes a suntan (Katie being a housewife and then overworked diner helper for a good chunk of her life, while Amber seems to be considerably more of a free-ranging, "player" type of woman and single mother) and so on.

Anyway, to sum it up, while there are some physical differences between the ladies, i'd say it's definitely within an expected range of variance even for twins, specially when one accounts for the fact they were raised separately and we have no idea whatsoever of what their (biological) parents look like in the first place.
and let me not allow you to interrupt me?
In general, it’s a little rude to dismiss someone’s line of reasoning without bothering to familiarize yourself with it, after all, you’re not my boss and I’m not your subordinate, so you could allow yourself this kind of behavior.

I was confused by the color and texture of the skin - however, I figured it out for myself, sorting out my doubts on my own.

and, although you didn’t say anything particularly new, thanks nonetheless for some clarifications.

Reemisms

Oct 5, 2021
Yeah I won't be renewing my sub or buying on Itch until the age up happens (as much as I look forward to more Katie and Amber). Not for the sake of no longer having smols, but for having content removed in general. It just feels wrong only having part of the game, once the content is restored with the aged up LI's (which I'm more then ok with, I actually think it will make it better) I will once again support RICOH

Dec 20, 2020
I thought about this topic.

If not for one but -
1 It is obvious that Katie and Amber are not like each other like two drops of water. They are not twins. Therefore, they cannot be conceived at the same time.

2 or - they are sisters who shared one uterus - they are from two different eggs that somehow found themselves in the same uterus
Their mother is born from mixing races. Mother carries genes in both white and dark person in eggs. And it could turn out that of two eggs one egg gave a more white girl and another egg gave a darker girl.
... Such a probability of course exists.

3 In addition, the date of birth is not indicated in the info about the characters.
I allow the option of superfetation. They could be born in one year but on different dates for one year.

So - what is the closest version to the truth?

And another factor that says that they cannot be one-egged twins - they have different skin textures. Ambert has as if plastic skin - that is, her skin is rather oily, glistens, and darker, while the skin of Katie is more dry and more pale. There are no external signs of twins with such a set. That is, it seems to me a more real version of superfetation and that their mother was a “walking woman” - during pregnancy, she became pregnant from another man than the one who was a father either Katie or Ambber.

about same birthdate - in the character info sheet only age - 34 years. and only.

I can re -run VN from the start.
Perhaps I forgot some dialogue where they tell each other about the date of birth, but this will not change the fact that the skin color of two sisters varies.

That is, if you do not know about the possibility of superfucation or about the possibility of neighborhood in the uterus, then the idea that sisters may have one date of birth seems to be a complete nonsence.
Let's keep this simple: they are fraternal twins, and they have a brother who was born with them. Fraternal triplets. 3 eggs, that became 3 zygotes, that became 3 babies, and so on. They don't have to look anything alike, and they can still have the same two parents. I worked with a woman with a twin brother. She was pale skinned with curly blond hair, his skin was a bit darker with straight black hair. A family photo revealed they were clearly a mix of both parents. My sister and I look a lot alike, enough that her friends used to ask if I was her twin. I'm 3 years older.

So for the hints Ricoh was dropping: MC was raised by their father, though their father occasionally visited Katie. MC thinks his step-mother is his mother, or at least hasn't revealed anything otherwise. Katie was raised by their mother, but I imagine she had no love for the other two. Their father must have decided he was going to be the one to raise his son to make him a man. Their mother took the girls, and this part is speculation, but I'd bet she kept sweet Katie while throwing out fussy Amber with the bathwater. It could also be that their father took Amber, and he gave her up, but it will still show that both parents have their chosen favorites. No matter how the story goes, if the triplet's parents are brought in, there will be drama. Hilarious drama.

What I look forward to with the in game reveal is Emily's reaction. Looking at her parents, realizing their relation, putting her hands to her temples, and saying something like "Oh my god, Aunt Mom and Uncle Dad!?" Katie would probably faint. Amber would get turned on.

Last edited:

enotik45

Jan 13, 2019
I understand that all loli content has been removed and there are no fixes. I'll have to get out of this game

mime95

Feb 1, 2019
I'm looking forward to the public release. Glad to see your continued effort in this game! Great work!

RIC0H

Well-Endowed Member
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Game Developer
Aug 8, 2020
Abandoned Info.

The version of the game that is posted here is now abandoned as it's no longer being worked on, but the game itself is not abandoned.
The game going forward will be reworked and is under a different name (Unexpected Family).

As the game is being reworked, it will make the reviews/discussions on this thread outdated.

There's no point in making a new thread until the rework has been completed as it's going to force people to replay the game from the start (due to new scenes and triggers being added).

Last edited:

ramvivat

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
well... then we not fuck Holly... sad... hehe...
well if someone not fork plot and advance it on his own hehe =)

this will be a kind of “free continuation of The Lord of the Rings” from Nick Perumov...

• Red Heart
Reactions: inshaderwetrust

Yngling

Nov 15, 2020
Abandoned Info.

The version of the game that is posted here is now abandoned as it's no longer being worked on, but the game itself is not abandoned.
The game going forward will be reworked and is under a different name (Unexpected Family).

As the game is being reworked, it will make the reviews/discussions on this thread outdated.

There's no point in making a new thread until the rework has been completed as it's going to force people to replay the game from the start (due to new scenes and triggers being added).
Honestly I think that this is the best option.

I do hope that the new version "0.1" will end at more less the same point in the story line as Love & Corruption 0.7.2 ended, or hopefully a bit further, assuming the story stays more or less the same. If new game's 0.1 ends at the same point were Love & Corruption 0.1 ended, following development will be very boring for a very long time.

ImSenjou

Apr 15, 2019
Abandoned Info.

I'll leave my unpopular opinion here:

I would prefer if the next game didn't have characters as young as some of the ones we have here, I admit I'm someone who was uncomfortable with that, but I love the dynamic of the relationship with Emily, Amber and even the potential story with Jasmin, I would like to see something similar to what we see in the game Lost at Birth, for example, and I see the potential for it to work here.

Sonico

Forum Fanatic
Jul 21, 2018
I'll leave my unpopular opinion here:

I would prefer if the next game didn't have characters as young as some of the ones we have here, I admit I'm someone who was uncomfortable with that, but I love the dynamic of the relationship with Emily, Amber and even the potential story with Jasmin, I would like to see something similar to what we see in the game Lost at Birth, for example, and I see the potential for it to work here.
It's fair - truth be told i'm surprised in a positive way with how much support for making the ladies older has been receiving.

Reactions: Yngling
3.90 star(s) 61 Votes