CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Suggestion: Make it clearer what you need in order to trigger a T3 Innocence break. Just being in battle with 100M unresolved DISG isn't triggering it, I suspect it has something to do with PLEA levels?
The trauma isn't considered unresolved until after the Chosen has had a chance to resolve it with post-battle downtime. In theory, you could just barely hit 100M DISG in battle, then have enough of it resolved by the downtime action that it goes below 100M again. I think doing it this way is also a bit more kind since a player might accidentally hit 100M DISG when they want to break something else first, so they have a chance to get another trauma type higher before the end of the battle.
Also got them impregnated but haven’t gone so far to see if they’ll give birth or not XD
Because the game currently only takes place over the course of 50 days, there's no birth yet. But you'll be able to force fallen Chosen to bear your children as one of the training actions once those are implemented.
That's kinda annoying. Especially if you consider how they love to use slaughter.
Anyhow, from what I understand morality is somewhat connected to vaginal sex, right? So does that mean that my plan for the final battle of turning 3 chosen that are virgins and best friends is just not going to happen?
Currently, it'd require you to keep their trauma levels very low, which isn't really reasonable. Later versions will involve other ways to attack their morality which don't take their virginities.
Dunno if mentioned already but some minor typos (space missing)

The Thralls beat down Truth until she's driven to her knees, stabbing ather supernaturally-durable body with whatever weapons
She closes her eyes and focuses on pleasuring themas she uses her hands to cover herself.
You continue to torment her body, taking advantage of how weakened sheis.
Justice looks horrified as a message appears on the screens surrounding herindicating that in a few moments, you'll be conjuring spacial portals that they can stick their cocks through in order to ejaculate directly onto her body.
Thanks for catching these. They should be fixed in the next version.
Also Imago Quickening is unlocked when getting at least one of the requirements not all.
This is actually intended. I should probably put an "or" in the conditions for Imago Quickening to make that more clear.
yeah lol i figured that out but i forgot to delete my post, sorry. I have a question tho, the special events are on day 15 and 30and 45 and thats it, right?
Other than the relationship scenes when you break a core vulnerability, yes, those are currently the only special events.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
Capture 2.PNG
Somehow broke the game after Breaking a Chosen's Resolve while the others are getting Inseminated, in a Final Battle, 3 days after a previous "Final" Battle... Cheats are on and all Invulnerabilities Broken xD

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Is it worth it/necessary to break more than one vulnerability past t2? To a new player, it looks like a no-brainer to break vulnerabilities to t2 because they increase damage and generate EE. It's also obviously appealing to break a T3 vulnerability so you can get to the juicy 15EE downtime actions and potentially more later (not to mention it's bound to happen anyway at 100M damage, so you may as well choose the one you want). Past that, though, it looks less appealing to break any more because you won't be generating more EE during downtime, and they get more adaptation actions to use.

BTW, good thinking adding the Causal Projection ability. This game needed a way to pull the brakes on incoming trauma when you want to avoid breaks.

Edit: I encountered the bug again, here is the save. I used Impregnation on Nadia using Ambush, then Iris and finally Melina. Melina only got 2-3 turns before breaking free, then after being left alone for a turn, she was recaptured for the full duration.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sharkie94

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
View attachment 1020082
Somehow broke the game after Breaking a Chosen's Resolve while the others are getting Inseminated, in a Final Battle, 3 days after a previous "Final" Battle... Cheats are on and all Invulnerabilities Broken xD

I thought I had fixed this bug. Are you sure that you're playing the bugfix version? The first line when you open the game should be Corrupted Saviors, Release 14c: "Climax".
Is it worth it/necessary to break more than one vulnerability past t2? To a new player, it looks like a no-brainer to break vulnerabilities to t2 because they increase damage and generate EE. It's also obviously appealing to break a T3 vulnerability so you can get to the juicy 15EE downtime actions and potentially more later (not to mention it's bound to happen anyway at 100M damage, so you may as well choose the one you want). Past that, though, it looks less appealing to break any more because you won't be generating more EE during downtime, and they get more adaptation actions to use.

BTW, good thinking adding the Causal Projection ability. This game needed a way to pull the brakes on incoming trauma when you want to avoid breaks.
This is an interesting question. As has been discussed here in the thread before, I want to eventually put in alternative corruption paths that can be triggered by delaying certain vulnerability breaks. But I don't think I've mentioned that some of the training options for fallen Chosen are also planned to reward leaving certain vulnerabilities unbroken even after the final battle. Both of these are intended to be more difficult than the basic "break everything you can" approach, so it's still worth asking whether they actually are more difficult.

Getting the endgame upgrades that damage resolve require lots of EE, so the up-front EE bonus you get for breaking a new t3 vulnerability can be valuable. And the endgame relationship-related upgrades only activate for the two "extreme" relationship statuses (unbreakable friendship and bitter rivalry), which can't be achieved without breaking the t3 core vulnerabilities. I haven't tried a run where I attempt to only break the cores to t4 and leave the others mostly unbroken, but I could see it being easier to win the final battle that way, as long as you can still get the EE for the endgame upgrades in time. Maybe the EE given by the t3 downtimes should increase based on the number of t3 downtimes unlocked. (It could also make for a nice excuse to write some more variants that incorporate multiple types of sinful behavior at once.)

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Okay, so I beat the game for the first time. It's bittersweet though, because the multiplicative nature of the damage made me break more than I planned for. It took 2 weeks to turn one Chosen into a mass murderer and another one into basically a traitor. I couldn't even imagine how I'd spend the remaining 25 days, especially with surrounds getting ever-longer and damage numbers becoming absurd. Imago Quickening is the right idea, but I don't see why it should cost any EE at all. ideally it should be available pretty early and scale difficulty to always be reasonable. But just having it free and accessible early would be a big improvement, I think, for someone like me who runs out of things to do before day 30.

Still, I'm intrigued by the possibilities for training, ongoing games with recurring/related characters and the campaign mode. Looking forward to the next update.

I thought I had fixed this bug. Are you sure that you're playing the bugfix version? The first line when you open the game should be Corrupted Saviors, Release 14c: "Climax".
I encountered it too, in 14c, albeit with a save from 14. One Chosen was being Sodomized when the second one fell, and the game just got stuck on that 500/500 message.

Also, here are some typos.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018

This is an interesting question. As has been discussed here in the thread before, I want to eventually put in alternative corruption paths that can be triggered by delaying certain vulnerability breaks. But I don't think I've mentioned that some of the training options for fallen Chosen are also planned to reward leaving certain vulnerabilities unbroken even after the final battle. Both of these are intended to be more difficult than the basic "break everything you can" approach, so it's still worth asking whether they actually are more difficult.

Getting the endgame upgrades that damage resolve require lots of EE, so the up-front EE bonus you get for breaking a new t3 vulnerability can be valuable. And the endgame relationship-related upgrades only activate for the two "extreme" relationship statuses (unbreakable friendship and bitter rivalry), which can't be achieved without breaking the t3 core vulnerabilities. I haven't tried a run where I attempt to only break the cores to t4 and leave the others mostly unbroken, but I could see it being easier to win the final battle that way, as long as you can still get the EE for the endgame upgrades in time. Maybe the EE given by the t3 downtimes should increase based on the number of t3 downtimes unlocked. (It could also make for a nice excuse to write some more variants that incorporate multiple types of sinful behavior at once.)
first line only says Release 14: "Climax", redownloaded (nopy) and it was the same.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
I couldn't even imagine how I'd spend the remaining 25 days, especially with surrounds getting ever-longer and damage numbers becoming absurd.
Well there's multiple forces at play. Longer surrounds come from openings which come from trauma. But when you push trauma high you'll break T3s. Once the heroines start to slaughter those 30-40 turn surrounds don't mean much. You can of course surround them all together but that will only build more trauma and do nothing for T4 breaks.

You can try to not build FEAR to keep their morality intact and prevent them from slaughtering. But you yourself said you broke more than you wanted. This isn't surprising since all the surround actions build all traumas and once PLEA and EXPO is high enough it won't matter that you didn't build up HATE. The multipliers will be high enough eventually. At that point you can only end the battle and get a bit of EE out of the remaining surround turns.

But yes if you know what you're doing you have more than enough time. This shouldn't come as a surprise though. And the dev has said that we're currently playing in "fast mode" and it will be slowed down later.

alri

Mar 8, 2019
first line only says Release 14: "Climax", redownloaded (nopy) and it was the same.
Looks like the uploads in the first post didn't get updated, try downloading with the links given on the website. This is actually one of the few games where I'd say it's recommended to do that anyway since the website is always going to have the most up-to-date version and it is completely free without any paywall barrier.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Okay, so I beat the game for the first time. It's bittersweet though, because the multiplicative nature of the damage made me break more than I planned for. It took 2 weeks to turn one Chosen into a mass murderer and another one into basically a traitor. I couldn't even imagine how I'd spend the remaining 25 days, especially with surrounds getting ever-longer and damage numbers becoming absurd. Imago Quickening is the right idea, but I don't see why it should cost any EE at all. ideally it should be available pretty early and scale difficulty to always be reasonable. But just having it free and accessible early would be a big improvement, I think, for someone like me who runs out of things to do before day 30.
The idea behind Imago Quickening having a cost is that finishing the game early is meant to be an extra challenge, and having to spend your EE on the upgrade to do so rather than on upgrades that make the final battle easier is part of that challenge. It's basically testing whether you're generating large amounts of EE (as opposed to just beelining to one of the resolve-damaging upgrades without a steady income). I'm currently working on a hard mode that should hopefully make the later stages of the game more interesting for you and other experienced players.
I encountered it too, in 14c, albeit with a save from 14. One Chosen was being Sodomized when the second one fell, and the game just got stuck on that 500/500 message.
This is very strange. The fix I put in for this shouldn't care whether the save comes from an old version or not. It's possible that there's a second bug causing the same thing to happen. I'll keep looking.
Also, here are some typos.
Thanks for catching these. The tips and upgrade descriptions are initialized when you start a new game, so those errors will persist in your file, but otherwise they should all be fixed in the next version.

Reactions: Seamonkey

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
I'm currently working on a hard mode that should hopefully make the later stages of the game more interesting for you and other experienced players.

This is very strange. The fix I put in for this shouldn't care whether the save comes from an old version or not. It's possible that there's a second bug causing the same thing to happen. I'll keep looking.
Sounds good. FYI, there's a chance I was running 14 after all, after forgetting to update the shortcut on my desktop. That other bug I mentioned though, I've run into it every game I've started recently, though it's not game-breaking.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Edit: I encountered the bug again, here is the save. I used Impregnation on Nadia using Ambush, then Iris and finally Melina. Melina only got 2-3 turns before breaking free, then after being left alone for a turn, she was recaptured for the full duration.
Thanks for uploading the save, I'm pretty sure I've found the cause of the bug. Before I added the retreat option, it was never possible for a battle to end in the middle of a commander capture, so I never bothered to zero the variable that tracks how many more turns a character will stay captured in between battles. The game was basically trying to "finish" the target's previous capture before starting the new capture. It'll be fixed in the next version.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
So, what do you have in store for training of surrendered Chosen? I'm hoping for avoidable rape/torture, I like to tailor my game to the personality of each Chosen with the more annoying/arrogant/vain ones getting by far the worst of it.

bonegod

Jul 31, 2020
Just finished my first playthrough, let me just say this is by far the best game of its kind I've encountered. I'm not even a big fan of corruption, but it has something for everyone.

Things I liked:

Minor complaints/suggestions:

Bugs:

Ok, that might look like I have a lot of complaints but they really are very minor. Greatly looking forward to future updates!

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
So, what do you have in store for training of surrendered Chosen? I'm hoping for avoidable rape/torture, I like to tailor my game to the personality of each Chosen with the more annoying/arrogant/vain ones getting by far the worst of it.
In-depth training of defeated Chosen wasn't originally planned, and the idea was that after they joined your side, you'd have to use them "as is" at whatever corruption level they had upon their defeat. I've since come around to the idea that being able to train them after their defeat is important in order to actually make their defeat satisfying and establish that they completely belong to the player afterwards, but because it wasn't in the original design document, I'm still in the process of figuring out the details.

The current idea I'm leaning towards is that there are a few different "mindbreak" parameters which affect how the fallen Chosen perform. Each parameter starts at a point which depends on the Chosen's original personality and the degree of corruption they experienced before being defeated. Chosen who haven't been mindbroken at all will resist you too much to be useful, but Chosen who have been excessively mindbroken will also be useless. Different kinds of training will result in different kinds of mindbreak, so I'm hopeful that there will be a lot of room for the player to decide what they need each of the fallen Chosen to do and figure out which aspects of their personality need to be broken (and which should be left intact) in order to shape them for those roles.
Minor complaints/suggestions:

Thanks for the feedback. I'm in the process of trying to improve most of these.
Bugs:

I had forgotten that the game actually kept track of negative surround durations, since the code surrounding the displayed duration and escaping was all designed to not break when it came up. It'll be fixed in the next version.

Regarding the lack of spaces, extra spaces, incorrect puncutation, and other things like that, each instance is a separate case of me messing up when connecting different snippets of text together. I appreciate it when players point them out to me so I can fix them. If you can just copy and paste some of the surrounding text whenever you see it happen, I can generally use that to find the passage in the code and fix it.

Jul 24, 2017
CSdev
Just finished a playthrough. Fun game! Wasn't really playing for the sex-related content as I was too busy figuring out the mechanics, but I liked what was there. I don't know what your future plans are atm, but as this last release introduced the final battle, I'd recommend some end-game scenes with the surviving Chosen.

As for my gameplay experience: I spent the majority of the game at the sub 10k circumstantial trauma mark, unsure of how to move forward. I only paid any attention to the dangers of breaking minor weaknesses after I tripped over one and saw the bonding scene. After that, I tried over and over to break the T2 breaking points without any success. After grinding for a while for EE and investing in the commander, I eventually hit an explosive battle where everyone got up into the billions of trauma. I wish I could remember what exactly the tipping point was; I think it was getting two captures, doing all four "captured" options, and then setting up a T2 traumatizer (Inseminate+ etc).

The next problem I ran into was that I ended up with all three Chosen using slaughter and striptease. By that point it didn't matter so much since all of them had enough trauma to meet any breakpoint I wanted, but it did mean I couldn't max out the T4 breaks for the last Chosen.

Some thoughts and suggestions:

Chosen personalities are cool! I love the concept of having to figure out what would work on a given Chosen by reading their dialogue carefully. Given how much dialogue there is and how much care went into illustrating each personality, I can't help but wonder if the Psychic Reading ability was a later design choice? I'm personally torn between having it and not; If it wasn't there I'd probably be complaining about how troublesome it was to note down the best techniques to use on each Chosen, but with it there I feel like it takes the fun out of paying special attention to the Chosen dialogue and guessing what their ethos is. One idea I had was to give a bonus at the end of the game if you never took the upgrade. (It might be better to have it presented as an off/on option at the start rather than an EE upgrade to prevent savescumming. Take upgrade -> check personalities -> load save and never buy.)

Increase chances of Chosen using an advanced defensive technique if it will cause a break. I had a few boring battles just waiting for them to use the right ability to qualify for the T3 breaks that relied on being captured by a commander.

Related: you should be able to Capture even if Surrounding is an option. I might have been doing something wrong, but I resorted to using the Flight upgrade and waiting for certain Chosen to take to the skies in order to Capture them. Using a Punisher upgrade circumvented the issue; it's possible Suppressors/Defilers do as well.

Put the upgrades in their own tab. I had a few times where I wanted to go check dialogue etc from the last battle but the screen was full of multiple copies of the upgrades screen.

Change the low-end curve of EE gains, or make bonus EE more readily available. Despite what the guide said, I never saw a way to get bonus EE on any particular screen (unless it was referring to breakpoints.) While I could probably skip the doldrums I ran into (10 days of grinding for EE), having a more forgiving "slope" of EE rewards would've been a nice quality of life change. I have to pull these numbers out of my ass because I can't remember the old thresholds, but doing 1k trauma and doing 10k trauma rewarded the same 4 EE per battle. I went from there to getting 15-40EE per battle after my previously mentioned explosive battle, so something in between those two to enrich the mid-game might help. Or maybe I just suck :p

The tutorial needs a tutorial. I had no clue what was going on when I was watching it. Trauma? Chosen? Surround? Capture? None of those terms really meant anything, so I had to read and then re-read the guide.txt file to get my bearings. I think a graphical explanation would go along way to show the core mechanics. The main points I struggled with were:
1. Trauma levels add up to opportunities but nerf your circumstance gains.
2. Trauma levels have conditions eg. Fear only triggers if an ally is being surrounded/captured.
3. Each circumstance is a buff with a different effect.
I don't think I realized that you only need one other active condition to use Shame until Day 40. I would always set up every other trauma condition before applying Shame.

Good luck with further development. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Change the low-end curve of EE gains, or make bonus EE more readily available. Despite what the guide said, I never saw a way to get bonus EE on any particular screen (unless it was referring to breakpoints.)
afaik you can get extra EE (not much) from breaks if the break ends a friendship in the post-battle scene (that's if you break a Core vulnerability without breaking the corresponding Minor vulnerability on the other Chosen). Also, doing this at t3 when the minor vulnerability is still at t1 will break the t2 minor vulnerability and generate bonus EE. E.g. for Morality, if you break the t3 Core Morality, the Minor Morality character will lose their virginity when they're raped in the post-battle scene.

HSHS1111

Feb 8, 2019
EE comes from the heroines doing evil/sinful deeds "on their own" (Aside from ending battles prematurely later on). That's why the T2 breaks doesn't get you any. It's you doing the deed. This was explained somewhere. Can't remember where though.

ara1111

Apr 6, 2019
" being able to replace your Commanders with Forsaken"
Mmmhmm
Gonna do a run of just futa and replace my commanders with futa.
It will be futa

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes