Evilnear

Feb 22, 2018
Just a little post to say gambatte to the dev, cause the game is really good so far, can't wait for the next release :)

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
CSdev
Just finished a playthrough. Fun game! Wasn't really playing for the sex-related content as I was too busy figuring out the mechanics, but I liked what was there. I don't know what your future plans are atm, but as this last release introduced the final battle, I'd recommend some end-game scenes with the surviving Chosen.

As for my gameplay experience: I spent the majority of the game at the sub 10k circumstantial trauma mark, unsure of how to move forward. I only paid any attention to the dangers of breaking minor weaknesses after I tripped over one and saw the bonding scene. After that, I tried over and over to break the T2 breaking points without any success. After grinding for a while for EE and investing in the commander, I eventually hit an explosive battle where everyone got up into the billions of trauma. I wish I could remember what exactly the tipping point was; I think it was getting two captures, doing all four "captured" options, and then setting up a T2 traumatizer (Inseminate+ etc).

The next problem I ran into was that I ended up with all three Chosen using slaughter and striptease. By that point it didn't matter so much since all of them had enough trauma to meet any breakpoint I wanted, but it did mean I couldn't max out the T4 breaks for the last Chosen.

Some thoughts and suggestions:

Chosen personalities are cool! I love the concept of having to figure out what would work on a given Chosen by reading their dialogue carefully. Given how much dialogue there is and how much care went into illustrating each personality, I can't help but wonder if the Psychic Reading ability was a later design choice? I'm personally torn between having it and not; If it wasn't there I'd probably be complaining about how troublesome it was to note down the best techniques to use on each Chosen, but with it there I feel like it takes the fun out of paying special attention to the Chosen dialogue and guessing what their ethos is. One idea I had was to give a bonus at the end of the game if you never took the upgrade. (It might be better to have it presented as an off/on option at the start rather than an EE upgrade to prevent savescumming. Take upgrade -> check personalities -> load save and never buy.)

Increase chances of Chosen using an advanced defensive technique if it will cause a break. I had a few boring battles just waiting for them to use the right ability to qualify for the T3 breaks that relied on being captured by a commander.

Related: you should be able to Capture even if Surrounding is an option. I might have been doing something wrong, but I resorted to using the Flight upgrade and waiting for certain Chosen to take to the skies in order to Capture them. Using a Punisher upgrade circumvented the issue; it's possible Suppressors/Defilers do as well.

Put the upgrades in their own tab. I had a few times where I wanted to go check dialogue etc from the last battle but the screen was full of multiple copies of the upgrades screen.

Change the low-end curve of EE gains, or make bonus EE more readily available. Despite what the guide said, I never saw a way to get bonus EE on any particular screen (unless it was referring to breakpoints.) While I could probably skip the doldrums I ran into (10 days of grinding for EE), having a more forgiving "slope" of EE rewards would've been a nice quality of life change. I have to pull these numbers out of my ass because I can't remember the old thresholds, but doing 1k trauma and doing 10k trauma rewarded the same 4 EE per battle. I went from there to getting 15-40EE per battle after my previously mentioned explosive battle, so something in between those two to enrich the mid-game might help. Or maybe I just suck :p

The tutorial needs a tutorial. I had no clue what was going on when I was watching it. Trauma? Chosen? Surround? Capture? None of those terms really meant anything, so I had to read and then re-read the guide.txt file to get my bearings. I think a graphical explanation would go along way to show the core mechanics. The main points I struggled with were:
1. Trauma levels add up to opportunities but nerf your circumstance gains.
2. Trauma levels have conditions eg. Fear only triggers if an ally is being surrounded/captured.
3. Each circumstance is a buff with a different effect.
I don't think I realized that you only need one other active condition to use Shame until Day 40. I would always set up every other trauma condition before applying Shame.

Good luck with further development. I look forward to seeing how it turns out.
I appreciate the feedback. Regarding the Psychic Reading upgrade in particular, I put it in as sort of a compromise because I didn't want the gameplay to be completely reliant on deciphering the way I wrote the personality traits. The idea is that the first few days are spent "getting to know" the Chosen during low-stakes batles because it isn't really possible to accomplish much until you've accumulated some EE, and you can get a tiny bit of a head start by figuring out what doesn't work from personality alone instead of wasting turns or buying an upgrade which doesn't actually increase your numbers. But by the time you're making serious headway, you have Psychic Reading anyway because other upgrades require it.
Just a little post to say gambatte to the dev, cause the game is really good so far, can't wait for the next release :)
Thanks for the encouragement!

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Do Confidence total breaks result in the Chosen getting the death they want? I rarely go that way even though I'd like to, because I don't want to be punished for using special commanders after using only thralls the first 20 days.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
Do Confidence total breaks result in the Chosen getting the death they want? I rarely go that way even though I'd like to, because I don't want to be punished for using special commanders after using only thralls the first 20 days.
No it just drains them to near death repeatedly, getting them close to the death they seek but always withholding it from them. This further reinforces the chosen's death seeking behaviour while making sure they know only the demons can grant it.

Reactions: Pretentious Goblin

Garnser

Apr 1, 2017
I still have no freaking idea how to play this game correctly.
That's why helpful tips and the guide exist, try to read it a bit more and play a tutorial and some more battles afterwards or create your own characters and try some tactics on them.

PetrusSanctus

Aug 5, 2019
I have been playing for awhile and saw in the game notes and the commentaries that you can activate cheats but i been unable to do that can someone give a hand.

Pretentious Goblin

Conversation Conqueror
Nov 3, 2017
Is there a better way to get more Evil Energy faster?
Other than breaks, you get EE from downtime activities at 200(1 EE),10k(2 EE), 1M(5 EE), 1G(15 EE) and 10T(50 EE) unresolved trauma in one vulnerability. I never have trouble getting all the EE I need by day 30, but if you want those high-EE activities early on, focus on Pleasure and defiler actions.

Dono1973

Sep 25, 2017
I have been playing for awhile and saw in the game notes and the commentaries that you can activate cheats but i been unable to do that can someone give a hand.
I saw it to in the update notes about early game cheats and after playing through several times would have liked to use them to start a game completly op just for the laughs but, the only cheats I have found don't activate until day 50 after the final battle. Did the early game cheats get removed or am I just missing something.

Seamonkey

Oct 24, 2017
I saw it to in the update notes about early game cheats and after playing through several times would have liked to use them to start a game completly op just for the laughs but, the only cheats I have found don't activate until day 50 after the final battle. Did the early game cheats get removed or am I just missing something.
You get access to cheats after your first complete playthrough, on all subsequent playthroughs you can activate cheats.

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I don't think that there is a hard limit, but if you have too many the exit button is pushed out of the UI
Oops. I should probably fix that.

For the record, it isn't intended for there to ever be a hard limit. In the campaign mode, there will be a soft limit in that stressed Forsaken (especially high-Hostility ones) will cause trouble that gets harder to manage the more Forsaken you have.

Hallucination

Apr 9, 2018
Oops. I should probably fix that.

For the record, it isn't intended for there to ever be a hard limit. In the campaign mode, there will be a soft limit in that stressed Forsaken (especially high-Hostility ones) will cause trouble that gets harder to manage the more Forsaken you have.
Considering that, will there be a way to dispose of Forsaken, or is it all going to be preventative methods?

3.80 star(s) 52 Votes