Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
But what actually does the aversion distortion do in universe? They basically go from avoiding and being traumatized by sexual contact to begging for it immediately as Forsaken to the point where they are already naked and masturbating any the time you meet with them.
I haven't done an aversion distortion yet, but from what I've read, and what I assumed from their forsaken traits, they basically have split personalities or something. Like Jekyll and Hyde.

Negotiation is the Chosen slowly being convinced with reason that becomes increasingly hard to ignore as the meetings in the back alley and the final battle's appeal action go on.
From my experience it's less about reason and more about them just falling in love with you via Stockholm syndrome. I've done 2 negotiations so far.
One of them was "fully aware of her feelings for the demon lord" during the final fight intro, surrenders cause "I can redeem him, even if it means falling myself" and then just goes super happy about being your lover since "we are like husband and wife!".
Second one literally was welcoming me to her room during meetings wearing sexy lingerie, invited me on a date to amusement park because "her time with you is the only time she is truly happy and free from the horrors of war nowadays".
It's basically "can love bloom on the battlefield" meme.

Reactions: alex2011

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
So I've been thinking about this for a while, temptation and negotiation are obvious and so is rampancy, but what does it mean in terms of how the characters are feeling when they lose to aversion?

Basically, I have come to understand:

Negotiation is the Chosen slowly being convinced with reason that becomes increasingly hard to ignore as the meetings in the back alley and the final battle's appeal action go on.

Temptation is the same, but instead of reasoning, you give them something they begin to crave, hence the increasing debauchery of the tempt action.

Rampancy is setting them off so severely that their rage cannot die down, basically triggering them on an instinctual level.

But what actually does the aversion distortion do in universe? They basically go from avoiding and being traumatized by sexual contact to begging for it immediately as Forsaken to the point where they are already naked and masturbating any the time you meet with them.
When an Aversion chosen lose they modify their personality into one more fitted for their survival. Actually, if you talk to them they'll say they're not the person you fought but just someone who have the same name and body as them, and that said died when they lost

MoarDakka123

Jul 7, 2020
From what I've seen it's not specifically split personality, it's more like an extreme case of dissociation (though "split personality disorder" does fall under that, apparently).

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
EDIT: I think I just discovered true hard mode. Finally started my first rampancy run and...let's just say it is going FAR better than expected. I have a double rampancy, which is going better than expected even with starting the final battle early to test out current final battle conditions. I expected to fail several times.

I haven't done an aversion distortion yet, but from what I've read, and what I assumed from their forsaken traits, they basically have split personalities or something. Like Jekyll and Hyde.

From my experience it's less about reason and more about them just falling in love with you via Stockholm syndrome. I've done 2 negotiations so far.
One of them was "fully aware of her feelings for the demon lord" during the final fight intro, surrenders cause "I can redeem him, even if it means falling myself" and then just goes super happy about being your lover since "we are like husband and wife!".
Second one literally was welcoming me to her room during meetings wearing sexy lingerie, invited me on a date to amusement park because "her time with you is the only time she is truly happy and free from the horrors of war nowadays".
It's basically "can love bloom on the battlefield" meme.
That actually kind of makes sense. In the victory, they don't seem very enthusiastic, but are immediately more than willing at least in their wording when talking to you. This could be the Hyde personality coming out while the Jekyll personality, their normal self, goes permanently dormant, only peeking out slightly when you try to train them in something that needs their cooperation with too little obedience. Full obedience, or unthinkingly obeys as the game puts it, could stand for the Hyde personality taking over permanently.

Stockholm syndrome also makes sense in negotiation, perhaps their mind is seeing the reasoning as an escape from the trauma they are put through daily during the loop and so they agree with you in the end when you appeal to this falsified logic in their heads. To be honest, my current Chosen team is completely unsuited for a triple negotiation as my Vassal is ineligible right out of the gate and the other two it tells me to inseminate or sodomize (both moves I am avoiding), so I stopped my negotiation run short of getting any Chosen to come to the back alley.

I did do a temptation run and, during one tempt, the tempted Chosen willingly took thralls in the ass, so that one is risky for my total virgin goal since they could open their legs at any time and I would have no way to stop them from being penetrated since the action is non-interactive after starting it. It also seems hard to get a triple win on, which is why I have a double temptation win with a normally beaten Vassal.

I have never tried rampancy, seems a bit tough to pull off with the requirement of a 15 turn surround while their HATE is higher than their INJU. It also requires inseminate, which goes against my goal, and innocence seems to be the one vulnerability most often broken twice automatically by a capture. My Vassal is also ineligible because of a T2 pre-break in confidence. I may just try this for fun to see if I can get Fury, the most probable Chosen of the three to get violent, to go rampant.

When an Aversion chosen lose they modify their personality into one more fitted for their survival. Actually, if you talk to them they'll say they're not the person you fought but just someone who have the same name and body as them, and that said died when they lost
So a personality split, the more willing to serve personality taking control. I have a Rebel that used this line, a Vassal that says he is nothing like the weakling that lost, and a Fury who says she would love a new name she does not share with the Fury that lost. No wonder the weak-willed, mousy Vassal went complete sadistic psycho. Also, the mental image of a tough girl character like Fury curtsying on stage is freaking hilarious.

Last edited:

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
So normally triggering a distortion seems to cause an immediate rivalry between two chosen after the battle, even if they were close friends, and distorting all three means they'll all hate each other. But what if you only trigger a distortion for the first time during the final battle? Would the relationship break still happen, or since they're already forsaken would it not play out and they'd stay friends or neutral? Also, if so, would the distortion still be properly set since not all the post-battle events had a chance to trigger? (I also imagine this just doesn't work for negotiations at all due to how they trigger between days.)

I could test this myself, but I'd rather not take an entire loop setting up an elaborate plan to pull it off only to find it completely doesn't work if someone already knows.

Name36346

Oct 27, 2021
Distortion gives a girl 2 T4 pseudo-breaks, so her relationship with others progress accordingly.

Speaking from my experience, simulatenous triple aversion immediately caused one of girls to become unbreakable friends with both others, while remaining pair stuck at mere solid friendship, and required T3 minor - T3 core break to finally get along completely.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
So normally triggering a distortion seems to cause an immediate rivalry between two chosen after the battle, even if they were close friends, and distorting all three means they'll all hate each other. But what if you only trigger a distortion for the first time during the final battle? Would the relationship break still happen, or since they're already forsaken would it not play out and they'd stay friends or neutral? Also, if so, would the distortion still be properly set since not all the post-battle events had a chance to trigger? (I also imagine this just doesn't work for negotiations at all due to how they trigger between days.)

I could test this myself, but I'd rather not take an entire loop setting up an elaborate plan to pull it off only to find it completely doesn't work if someone already knows.
Distortion gives a girl 2 T4 pseudo-breaks, so her relationship with others progress accordingly.

Speaking from my experience, simulatenous triple aversion immediately caused one of girls to become unbreakable friends with both others, while remaining pair stuck at mere solid friendship, and required T3 minor - T3 core break to finally get along completely.
It seems to depend on what distortion and how many are distorted, my triple aversion pushed all three into an unbreakable friendship, but my current double rampancy pulled the two rampant Chosen apart into bitter enmity with the one normal Chosen while the rampant Chosen are in an unbreakable friendship. It got to the point where Fury once incinerated Vassal in a test run to see 'willing to kill this Chosen' in action to see if it differs from 'willing to sacrifice this Chosen' and I can confirm it is different. It wasn't accidentally hitting Vassal, she literally aimed right at him while he was captured. Vassal did the same to Fury in a second test.

As far as the final battle, because there are no post-battle events after that battle starts, it shouldn't cause any change in relationship.

The distortion is set once you see the snippet about it for the first time unless you do something to break it like breaking a forbidden vulnerability, at which point they would indeed lose the vulnerability. I have been very careful not to do this and I follow the distortion plan function to the letter, so I have never seen what it looks like to lose a distortion.

Last edited:

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
It seems to depend on what distortion and how many are distorted
Yes and no.
When you distort a chosen, it acts as if you had broken all the vulnerabilities that now have a ~ in their box, if break/distort the minor vulnerabilities before/the same day as the major one you get points toward friendship, otherwise you get point toward rivalry.
This does mean that if you distort all chosen the same day they will almost always become unbreakable friends, or go one T3 break away from that

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Yes and no.
When you distort a chosen, it acts as if you had broken all the vulnerabilities that now have a ~ in their box, if break/distort the minor vulnerabilities before/the same day as the major one you get points toward friendship, otherwise you get point toward rivalry.
This does mean that if you distort all chosen the same day they will almost always become unbreakable friends, or go one T3 break away from that
That's probably what happened in my case for my aversion run, then. They were all distorted in the same battle, which I remember being shocked at as I only expected one at a time.

Jul 14, 2018
Just a bit of toying around with AI generation led to creating these 6 unique character portrait sets to use.
I'm curious to hear what people think of the quality of these portraits and whatever comments you might have. I've painstakingly set up a fairly automated process, so if people like them I could end up making more (does take valuable GPU time).

I like the look quite a lot, even if they're not quite 100% consistent (clothes/hair might change somewhat from portrait to portrait).

I've tried to align them to the three base colors of the game, so if you make characters for them, I recommend making Lady and Vagrant red (low morality), Rana and Blossom blue (high morality) and Scholar & Moonlight green (average morality).

Vagrant:
swoon.png
Scholar:
anger.png
Rana:
joy.png

Lady:
joy.png
Moonlight:
neutral.png

Blossom:
lewd.png

They're not characters from any existing property CSdev FYI

• Red Heart
Reactions: CSdev and Kalloi

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Just a bit of toying around with AI generation led to creating these 6 unique character portrait sets to use.
I'm curious to hear what people think of the quality of these portraits and whatever comments you might have. I've painstakingly set up a fairly automated process, so if people like them I could end up making more (does take valuable GPU time).

I like the look quite a lot, even if they're not quite 100% consistent (clothes/hair might change somewhat from portrait to portrait).

I've tried to align them to the three base colors of the game, so if you make characters for them, I recommend making Lady and Vagrant red (low morality), Rana and Blossom blue (high morality) and Scholar & Moonlight green (average morality).

Vagrant:
View attachment 2323760
Scholar:
View attachment 2323904
Rana:
View attachment 2323764

Lady:
View attachment 2323758
Moonlight:
View attachment 2323907

Blossom:
View attachment 2324016

They're not characters from any existing property CSdev FYI
The hand looks a bit strange on the last one (Blossom?), particularly near the rearmost knuckle on the furthest fingers from the cupped nipple, like they got broken. The armored one (Lady?) has a bit of an issue with shadows, particularly places on the armor plating. It shows in some places, but there are other places where there should be shadows and aren't. Other than those two, it looks pretty good, though the two I pointed out don't look bad, they just have odd things going on I did not notice in the rest.

AI having a problem with hands and lighting isn't exactly a new issue, I'm actually surprised there weren't issues in all of them in that regard.

Reactions: Chekhovs_Ghost

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
After toying around trying to keep friendships between distorted chosen on different paths a small idea occurred to me. Unless I'm missing something, the method to do this seems to be having the distortions leave all the minors available, then breaking those T4's (just T3's didn't seem to be enough for my first test) before fully triggering distortions with the corresponding cores. Or alternatively having the distortions activate in the same day, though this is impossible for negotiate and very difficult for rampancy without the right item so I'm entirely talking about the first method after this.

The main issue seems to be avoiding activating the incorrect T3's (cores and/or the distortions "primary" aspects) through weight of unresolved trauma. You can get around T1 and T2 by clever use of forsaken or specialized commanders or very effective play, but the T3's will eventually be activated, and avoiding an incorrect one getting broken while you're working on breaking the correct T4's is not impossible but, uh, very difficult, for the relatively minor reward of a few vignettes and forsaken who like each other. I also realized this was somewhat easier to do for distortions that match up exactly with a defile action (Rampancy and broadcast, force orgasm and Negotiate) since you could just line up long surrounds and hit them with the corresponding defile to try to minimize trauma to the wrong ones.

Of course, this leaves tempt and aversion out in the cold, since any defile that hits one of their necessary trauma will also increase one of the incorrect ones. Which is when I thought up the idea that it'd be nice if girls with at least two tier 2 breaks that still qualifies for a distortion got access to a "compound" defile action when surrounded that matches up to the distortion, but ONLY raises the relevant traumas and circumstances (for example, something like Coerce for a Chosen on track for Negotiation, that only raises DISG/PAIN and PLEA/INJU).

You could sort of accomplish this with specialized forsaken, but you could only target one per day. With access to something like I'm suggesting you could effectively "progress" all three with proper juggling, and even on loop one if you had chosen you wanted to keep friendly and pursue different distortions. Plus, it would give you more ways to play around with chosen. :devilish:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
After toying around trying to keep friendships between distorted chosen on different paths a small idea occurred to me. Unless I'm missing something, the method to do this seems to be having the distortions leave all the minors available, then breaking those T4's (just T3's didn't seem to be enough for my first test) before fully triggering distortions with the corresponding cores. Or alternatively having the distortions activate in the same day, though this is impossible for negotiate and very difficult for rampancy without the right item so I'm entirely talking about the first method after this.

The main issue seems to be avoiding activating the incorrect T3's (cores and/or the distortions "primary" aspects) through weight of unresolved trauma. You can get around T1 and T2 by clever use of forsaken or specialized commanders or very effective play, but the T3's will eventually be activated, and avoiding an incorrect one getting broken while you're working on breaking the correct T4's is not impossible but, uh, very difficult, for the relatively minor reward of a few vignettes and forsaken who like each other. I also realized this was somewhat easier to do for distortions that match up exactly with a defile action (Rampancy and broadcast, force orgasm and Negotiate) since you could just line up long surrounds and hit them with the corresponding defile to try to minimize trauma to the wrong ones.

Of course, this leaves tempt and aversion out in the cold, since any defile that hits one of their necessary trauma will also increase one of the incorrect ones. Which is when I thought up the idea that it'd be nice if girls with at least two tier 2 breaks that still qualifies for a distortion got access to a "compound" defile action when surrounded that matches up to the distortion, but ONLY raises the relevant traumas and circumstances (for example, something like Coerce for a Chosen on track for Negotiation, that only raises DISG/PAIN and PLEA/INJU).

You could sort of accomplish this with specialized forsaken, but you could only target one per day. With access to something like I'm suggesting you could effectively "progress" all three with proper juggling, and even on loop one if you had chosen you wanted to keep friendly and pursue different distortions. Plus, it would give you more ways to play around with chosen. :devilish:
Remember that it is not the individual Chosen, but how they compare to other Chosen on their team that determines their relationship. If a vulnerability matches between Chosen in a way that doesn't allow the necessary order to drive them closer, such as if the vulnerability in question is forbidden by a distortion on one (I have had this happen on Chosen who started ineligible for the distortion I wanted to target, the Chosen who were eligible were forbidden from having vulnerabilities broken that would lead to friendship if broken before the ineligible Chosen), then there is no real choice except not to touch the vulnerability at all because you would be breaking them in an order that would drive them apart or would have to give up the distortion entirely in that case if you broke that vulnerability.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2018
I have no idea if people would be interested in it, but on a whim, I've started to create roughly 20 new characters with portraits for the game including forsaken and including the roster file with their clothing descriptions and appropriate character values.

If you have any characters you would like to suggest, now is the time, as I'll be done in a couple of days.
Things to include:
1. hair color
2. hair length
3. one or two things that makes the character uniquely identifiable
4. bust size
5. hair style (optional)
6. weapon (optional)
7. a word/name that describes them without spaces (optional)
8.. location (things that work well are "city" and "skyline", but surprise me)

characters.png

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: CSdev and Kalloi

Acidwriter

May 3, 2022
Its been three or four versions since I last commented so I wanted to chime in a again. Still speaking as someone who hasn't finished two entire rounds of campaign mode, there is only so much I can say, but I do have a few comments.

The major flaws in this game for many versions have been twofold-- first, considering how complex the game is, there are way too many ways to make simple mistakes that ruin your turn, with the only reasonable way to redo the mistake being to close and reopen the game to load a save. That was mainly endemic to the hatred/friendship mechanics and especially to distortions. So, the distortion planner interface and color coded labels + warnings when breaks are imminent are possibly the best QoL addition imaginable, short of a quickload hotkey / the load interface being available at all times. Amazingly well done, makes the game more enjoyable to play many times over. The next thing to consider along exactly the same vein is Forsaken training. Trying to execute a training schedule only to realize you run out of stamina on the critical step or consent will be withed, and thus having to reload the game is an enormous PITA. Barring a quickload system, maybe an idea would be the ability to queue trainings and see their results before executing them so you can just back out to the starting interface if you mess up the order? Or, you know, a quickload system.

The second major issue is that, for an erotic game designed to repeat rounds over and over again, there isn't much variety of content in terms of sex scenes. The chosen are randomized, but regardless of their personalities, core values, or costume themes, the scenes they are involved in stay pretty much the same. By the time you have played through three or so rounds, you've seen all the variations on the erotic content except for possibly stuff tied to forsaken defilers and special chosen types. If those add a huge extra breadth of content, I'll look forward to eventually progressing far enough to see it.

In a sense then, this game is partially a victim of the game design being so engaging and addicting, since that both motivates the player to continue playing despite the content not changing, and also motivates the player to pound the next key to progress without even reading the content. Honestly if big changes were introduced, I'm not sure I would notice at this point since I haven't played the game to fap since somewhere around hour twenty / end of campaign round one once I finished learning the game in standard mode. I was excited for a bit when I heard the default game mode toned down the farcical/grimdark violence in exchange for bondage fetish, but I could hardly tell the difference and stopped even looking for the changes by around day 15-20 of my new playthrough. Not really sure how to address this... the primary reward offered in the game is bigger numbers faster, not porn, so even if you add more porn at this point, you've already trained players not to notice. Don't get me wrong here, you've made a great game, amazing really, I'm just not sure if you've made a great porn game.

I appreciate the effort to diversify the early game with items. It needed something and this is something. I've only seen a few and so far the effects are pretty underwhelming, but maybe some of the deeper campaign items will produce more gameplay variety. I'll let you know what I think if I ever get around to going that far in a campaign. One thing that seems a bit silly is that your first item is granted at the end of the first day... so if you reload to get a new item, you have to play through the first day again, and also you are re rolling your chosen set. That makes it just annoying enough to be bothersome to do without actually discouraging the player from newgame scumming to get a different item. All things considered, why not just let the campaign player pick the first item, if not from all eight starters, then from a small random set, before the first day starts? If you make all the items worth having to suit one or another strategy, letting the player pick instead of forcing them to roll for it with an annoying delay seems like a no-brainer. If some of them are supposed to be booby prizes you need to work around as a gameplay challenged, the delay before getting it needs to be way bigger to discourage reloading.

general comments:
-good job on the new guide text, and good riddance to the old tutorial
-you need to emancipate the stat screen from the portraits so the one can be shown while the other is disabled
-do all the different forsaken combat styles have different battle text? because some of the styles are distinctly better than others and the worst ones will likely never be used by anyone, so that seems like a huge waste
-the special commanders represent some of the best content variety in this game (and must have taken a ton of work), so it seems paradoxical that the entire forsaken system actively discourages their use without being nearly as interesting in terms of content. I haven't tried forsaken defilers yet, maybe i'll still be impressed.

Anyway, great work as usual. Really appreciate the responsiveness on toning down the mutilation and suicide themes, despite the fact that I've already tuned out the content generally in pursuit of the big numbers. Still needs more tentacles. Quickload when?

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Its been three or four versions since I last commented so I wanted to chime in a again. Still speaking as someone who hasn't finished two entire rounds of campaign mode, there is only so much I can say, but I do have a few comments.

The major flaws in this game for many versions have been twofold-- first, considering how complex the game is, there are way too many ways to make simple mistakes that ruin your turn, with the only reasonable way to redo the mistake being to close and reopen the game to load a save. That was mainly endemic to the hatred/friendship mechanics and especially to distortions. So, the distortion planner interface and color coded labels + warnings when breaks are imminent are possibly the best QoL addition imaginable, short of a quickload hotkey / the load interface being available at all times. Amazingly well done, makes the game more enjoyable to play many times over. The next thing to consider along exactly the same vein is Forsaken training. Trying to execute a training schedule only to realize you run out of stamina on the critical step or consent will be withed, and thus having to reload the game is an enormous PITA. Barring a quickload system, maybe an idea would be the ability to queue trainings and see their results before executing them so you can just back out to the starting interface if you mess up the order? Or, you know, a quickload system.

The second major issue is that, for an erotic game designed to repeat rounds over and over again, there isn't much variety of content in terms of sex scenes. The chosen are randomized, but regardless of their personalities, core values, or costume themes, the scenes they are involved in stay pretty much the same. By the time you have played through three or so rounds, you've seen all the variations on the erotic content except for possibly stuff tied to forsaken defilers and special chosen types. If those add a huge extra breadth of content, I'll look forward to eventually progressing far enough to see it.

In a sense then, this game is partially a victim of the game design being so engaging and addicting, since that both motivates the player to continue playing despite the content not changing, and also motivates the player to pound the next key to progress without even reading the content. Honestly if big changes were introduced, I'm not sure I would notice at this point since I haven't played the game to fap since somewhere around hour twenty / end of campaign round one once I finished learning the game in standard mode. I was excited for a bit when I heard the default game mode toned down the farcical/grimdark violence in exchange for bondage fetish, but I could hardly tell the difference and stopped even looking for the changes by around day 15-20 of my new playthrough. Not really sure how to address this... the primary reward offered in the game is bigger numbers faster, not porn, so even if you add more porn at this point, you've already trained players not to notice. Don't get me wrong here, you've made a great game, amazing really, I'm just not sure if you've made a great porn game.

I appreciate the effort to diversify the early game with items. It needed something and this is something. I've only seen a few and so far the effects are pretty underwhelming, but maybe some of the deeper campaign items will produce more gameplay variety. I'll let you know what I think if I ever get around to going that far in a campaign. One thing that seems a bit silly is that your first item is granted at the end of the first day... so if you reload to get a new item, you have to play through the first day again, and also you are re rolling your chosen set. That makes it just annoying enough to be bothersome to do without actually discouraging the player from newgame scumming to get a different item. All things considered, why not just let the campaign player pick the first item, if not from all eight starters, then from a small random set, before the first day starts? If you make all the items worth having to suit one or another strategy, letting the player pick instead of forcing them to roll for it with an annoying delay seems like a no-brainer. If some of them are supposed to be booby prizes you need to work around as a gameplay challenged, the delay before getting it needs to be way bigger to discourage reloading.

general comments:
-you need to emancipate the stat screen from the portraits so the one can be shown while the other is disabled
-do all the different forsaken combat styles have different battle text? because some of the styles are distinctly better than others and the worst ones will likely never be used by anyone, so that seems like a huge waste
-the special commanders represent some of the best content variety in this game (and must have taken a ton of work), so it seems paradoxical that the entire forsaken system actively discourages their use without being nearly as interesting in terms of content. I haven't tried forsaken defilers yet, maybe i'll still be impressed.

Anyway, great work as usual. Really appreciate the responsiveness on toning down the mutilation and suicide themes, despite the fact that I've already tuned out the content generally in pursuit of the big numbers. Still needs more tentacles. Quickload when?
On the relationships, minor vulnerabilities need to be broken first unless you are going for hate, then you break cores first. Follow that and relationship reloads shouldn't be an issue. On distortions, I agree that the color coding and distortion plan in general are helpful, though I never saw what it was like before these were added.

On the porn game bit, I do believe CSDev is treating this as a game first and foremost, so it does make sense that the actual game part is prioritized over the porn in this case. That said, there should be more in the future as the game develops.

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
Some good points. The only things I can think of to improve the porn front is introduce a system where the first time you see text its bright white like now, and after that it shows up as noticeably darker so you can tell what you've seen already and what's new, then gradually add more personalities, or variations of personalities. But I imagine that would probably have to wait until more of the core game is done, like species and bosses. More distortions would help too of course, but those are already planned. Beyond that... maybe something to incentivize regular breaking as well that adds more text variation? At the moment distortions give such large benefits there's no real reason not to go for them other than making things more difficult, because distorted forsaken just seem purely better. Maybe chosen could develop a special trait as forsaken if you only break their core trait(s) and leave the others (other than maybe T1's) completely untouched, with different text for actions and breaks?

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Some good points. The only things I can think of to improve the porn front is introduce a system where the first time you see text its bright white like now, and after that it shows up as noticeably darker so you can tell what you've seen already and what's new, then gradually add more personalities, or variations of personalities. But I imagine that would probably have to wait until more of the core game is done, like species and bosses. More distortions would help too of course, but those are already planned. Beyond that... maybe something to incentivize regular breaking as well that adds more text variation? At the moment distortions give such large benefits there's no real reason not to go for them other than making things more difficult, because distorted forsaken just seem purely better. Maybe chosen could develop a special trait as forsaken if you only break their core trait(s) and leave the others (other than maybe T1's) completely untouched, with different text for actions and breaks?
Perhaps instead of making it darker, the color itself can be changed to something not used by Chosen or Forsaken speech. This contrast would stand out more than darker text. I have to agree on the whole distortion vs regular breaking thing. I normally go for distortions and leave normal breaks to those Chosen who are ineligible for the given distortion as I tend to go for one distortion at a time. Normal breaking could use an incentive, it doesn't really have much appeal compared to distortions when looking at it strictly on gameplay EXCEPT in how the Forsaken that come from them act. I tend to go for having them throw themselves at me willingly since they don't really just beg me to stop in any case, another type I prefer, so my favorite so far is a toss up between aversion and negotiation, where they willingly accept you, while my least favorite is rampancy, where they are extremely hostile, as that is effectively just them keeping the same attitude they had as Chosen when they become Forsaken or even worsening that attitude to pure hatred. Temptation, where they are just obedient and willing while not being as into it, is a close second to the aversion/negotiation toss up and in second to last is normal break, where they just stop resisting.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Jul 14, 2018
I disagree with the above. I think distortions/normal breaks are balanced fine. The value of freedom to do orgies and having more T5 breaks than is possible with distortions is not to be overlooked.
More T5 breaks means you get the achievements faster which is a boost to runs in general, even when you don't deploy them.

general comments:

A very well thought out critique. And no, forsaken defilers don't add much content. Quickload would indeed fit the game very well as it saving/loading is a core component of gameplay. I would suggest something like F1-F4 for 4 quickload slots and F5-F8 for 4 quicksave slots.

What you describe about interplay between gameplay and sexual activity mirrors my own experience. Though it's not necessarily a bad thing: somehow this game leverages it writing to achieve more gameplay than most would from its amount of writing comment. I would say that's a mark of a well designed game. Visual novels are the exact opposite, where you are disinterested in experiencing anything a second time.

If I were at the helm of the ship, and I wanted to expand, I'd do it at these vectors:
1. Add support for more contextual images. AI art creates room to cheaply add these type of images: image for each of the 4 T3 defilements (insemination, forced orgasm, sodomy, broadcast) and the option to add alternate images after a T5 dignity break (living clothes), as well as being able to suggest cosmetically what it would be like in the character creation part.

2. If you're going to add extra sexual content I'd say it's more valuable to trying to fit it in the game, rather than the "outside of game moments". The current issue is that there is no real variety once you've seen the writing. I can see a couple of solutions:
A. Make more genuine differences between cities. In fact, maybe one is a city, the other a farm, the other a beach city etcetera, giving the ability to create alternate writing events. Sodomize could utilize farm implements, beach could use waterguns for forced orgasm etcetera.

B. Make more genuine differences between characters. You've got a good baseline between characters and their characterization, but this can always be finetuned further. You can think of alternate ways of seperating one low morality (red) character from another and think about supplying 30% new writing for battle events for them.

C. More standard events. These help carry the first 2-3 playthroughts, but quickly get old. Building up more standard events and some randomization to which ones you'll get would help spice runs up. Maybe signal which starter events there'll be (the radio and rich men getaway are somewhat pivotal to runs for EE so if you have different events with different req and results, it's worth giving a hint at the start of the run. Could be linked to idea A. The game in general could benefit from sometimes giving a hint to something instead of full explanation; a hint communicates the same thing to someone who has played more as a full explanation, but gives a new player a chance to explore and not be overwhelmed)

Those are the directions in which I'd expand. But I'm generally happy with the direction so far anyways.

So yeah, to summarize:
1. Support for more pictures
2. More differences between cities and writing content
3. More differences between characters that results in different writing
4. New events that rotate out standard events

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
I disagree with the above. I think distortions/normal breaks are balanced fine. The value of freedom to do orgies and having more T5 breaks than is possible with distortions is not to be overlooked.
More T5 breaks means you get the achievements faster which is a boost to runs in general, even when you don't deploy them.

A very well thought out critique. And no, forsaken defilers don't add much content. Quickload would indeed fit the game very well as it saving/loading is a core component of gameplay. I would suggest something like F1-F4 for 4 quickload slots and F5-F8 for 4 quicksave slots.

What you describe about interplay between gameplay and sexual activity mirrors my own experience. Though it's not necessarily a bad thing: somehow this game leverages it writing to achieve more gameplay than most would from its amount of writing comment. I would say that's a mark of a well designed game. Visual novels are the exact opposite, where you are disinterested in experiencing anything a second time.

If I were at the helm of the ship, and I wanted to expand, I'd do it at these vectors:
1. Add support for more contextual images. AI art creates room to cheaply add these type of images: image for each of the 4 T3 defilements (insemination, forced orgasm, sodomy, broadcast) and the option to add alternate images after a T5 dignity break (living clothes), as well as being able to suggest cosmetically what it would be like in the character creation part.

2. If you're going to add extra sexual content I'd say it's more valuable to trying to fit it in the game, rather than the "outside of game moments". The current issue is that there is no real variety once you've seen the writing. I can see a couple of solutions:
A. Make more genuine differences between cities. In fact, maybe one is a city, the other a farm, the other a beach city etcetera, giving the ability to create alternate writing events. Sodomize could utilize farm implements, beach could use waterguns for forced orgasm etcetera.

B. Make more genuine differences between characters. You've got a good baseline between characters and their characterization, but this can always be finetuned further. You can think of alternate ways of seperating one low morality (red) character from another and think about supplying 30% new writing for battle events for them.

C. More standard events. These help carry the first 2-3 playthroughts, but quickly get old. Building up more standard events and some randomization to which ones you'll get would help spice runs up. Maybe signal which starter events there'll be (the radio and rich men getaway are somewhat pivotal to runs for EE so if you have different events with different req and results, it's worth giving a hint at the start of the run. Could be linked to idea A. The game in general could benefit from sometimes giving a hint to something instead of full explanation; a hint communicates the same thing to someone who has played more as a full explanation, but gives a new player a chance to explore and not be overwhelmed)

Those are the directions in which I'd expand. But I'm generally happy with the direction so far anyways.

So yeah, to summarize:
1. Support for more pictures
2. More differences between cities and writing content
3. More differences between characters that results in different writing
4. New events that rotate out standard events
Might need to decouple the saves into separate files first, otherwise it may end up just overwriting the main save, which is not what you want with a quicksave/quickload mechanic as they are usually a temporary thing used in the moment.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes