alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Have you tried with a Inseminate defiler forsaken? I'd assume that's what you'd need to do that. Well, that, and the forsaken in question being a male/futanari probably. If that doesn't work, then I think your only hope would be to skip a T2 moral break, and go directly to T3-T4 with an Impregnation forsaken.

I may come back later with more information.
I have, never even got the option to use it even when she had the stats, her barrier was said to be down, and I had the option open while surrounding her with thralls.

That's the odd part, only a few times have I had any of the abilities available with a Forsaken and 99% were the tempt ability after giving the Forsaken a fixation, which seemed to only start giving more lines of dialogue, not make the Chosen targeted give herself to the Forsaken using tempt, which is what happens with tempt when used outside a Forsaken capture. The other 1% was a single attempt that actually got me all of the abilities on one Forsaken except tempt, but this was only with a captured Chosen that had already been penetrated by thralls.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
I have, never even got the option to use it even when she had the stats, her barrier was said to be down, and I had the option open while surrounding her with thralls.

That's the odd part, only a few times have I had any of the abilities available with a Forsaken and 99% were the tempt ability after giving the Forsaken a fixation, which seemed to only start giving more lines of dialogue, not make the Chosen targeted give herself to the Forsaken using tempt, which is what happens with tempt when used outside a Forsaken capture. The other 1% was a single attempt that actually got me all of the abilities on one Forsaken except tempt, but this was only with a captured Chosen that had already been penetrated by thralls.
That might be a bug. The Forsaken action should show up if you meet their requirements. Tempt, Traumatize, and Rampage should always be available, due to their effects. Tempt should only be able to apply it's bonus effect, if the chosen's PLEA is high enough. As an example: set this up using cheat mode.
1673499542120.png

As you can see, HATE is at Lv 3, so I have the "Penetrate" Forsaken action available. Performing this does cause my Forsaken to take the Chosen's vriginity.

And here's the Forsaken's stats.
1673500192512.png

To unlock the defiler trait of a Forsaken, they must perform one of the following trainings; Assist Raid, Instill Fixation, Drain Soul, or Grand Concert. A Forsaken can only have one defiler at a time. Each training will unlock the associated defiler trait for the target damage type. So Assist Raid unlocks Penetration. For distorted Forsaken, the two distorted stats will instead unlock their unique distortion defiler. If they already have their unique defiler unlocked, then training will instead swap it for the applicable generic trait. So a Tempt Forsaken can unlock Tempt by performing Instill Fixation or Grand Concert, but will be able to acquire Broadcast or Force Orgasm by performing the appropriate training afterwards.

Last edited:
Reactions: alex2011

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
I have some weird problem.

For some reason, portrait of one of my forsaken (Triumph) stopped reliably working. I'm not sure what happened, but now it shows black square half the time. All other forsaken seem to work, and when I change portraits of other forsaken to those of Triumph they seem to work fine.
On the other hand, when I change Triumph's portrait it seems to initially work, but as soon as I press "done" to leave customization menu it turns back to black again. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Just going to commander -> Triumph and pressing plan -> cancel -> plan -> cancel again and again shows that only her "focus" expression works fine, whenever the game tries to show some other expression it just shows a black square.
Same when going to private sex scene with her, only focused expression seems to work. I've reinstalled the game and the problem still persists, so there is definitely something wrong with her.

I'm attaching my save, can someone check whether it works on their end? It's the loop 4 save (should be the most recent one).

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
I have some weird problem.

For some reason, portrait of one of my forsaken (Triumph) stopped reliably working. I'm not sure what happened, but now it shows black square half the time. All other forsaken seem to work, and when I change portraits of other forsaken to those of Triumph they seem to work fine.
On the other hand, when I change Triumph's portrait it seems to initially work, but as soon as I press "done" to leave customization menu it turns back to black again. I'm not sure what to make of it.

Just going to commander -> Triumph and pressing plan -> cancel -> plan -> cancel again and again shows that only her "focus" expression works fine, whenever the game tries to show some other expression it just shows a black square.
Same when going to private sex scene with her, only focused expression seems to work. I've reinstalled the game and the problem still persists, so there is definitely something wrong with her.

I'm attaching my save, can someone check whether it works on their end? It's the loop 4 save (should be the most recent one).
Before testing, I assume you are using one of the portrait packs? Capitalization matters, check Triumph's portrait files, and make sure they are all lowercase. I think I had a similar issue before, and the issue was that some of the .png files were in uppercase. If you're not using a portrait pack, maybe try copying Stigma's portraits into Triumph's folder? They are the same image set.

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
Before testing, I assume you are using one of the portrait packs?
Nope, it's the default install with no packs. And It works perfectly when I set triumph's portraits to other forsaken, only one of my forsaken seems to have these problems.

It worked perfectly for the most of the loop and then it broke a couple in game days ago without me changing anything in the game files.

All I really did was get her obedience to 100, deploy her a couple of times to start stacking trauma bonus from parasitism, and sacrifice one of the other forsaken. I'm not sure whether anything from above might've broken the portrait.

Basically, no matter what portraits I set her to, they don't work. But all other forsaken work fine.

Last edited:

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
That might be a bug. The Forsaken action should show up if you meet their requirements. Tempt, Traumatize, and Rampage should always be available, due to their effects. Tempt should only be able to apply it's bonus effect, if the chosen's PLEA is high enough. As an example: set this up using cheat mode.
View attachment 2304453

As you can see, HATE is at Lv 3, so I have the "Penetrate" Forsaken action available. Performing this does cause my Forsaken to take the Chosen's vriginity.

And here's the Forsaken's stats.
View attachment 2304465

To unlock the defiler trait of a Forsaken, they must perform one of the following trainings; Assist Raid, Instill Fixation, Drain Soul, or Grand Concert. A Forsaken can only have one defiler at a time. Each training will unlock the associated defiler trait for the target damage type. So Assist Raid unlocks Penetration. For distorted Forsaken, the two distorted stats will instead unlock their unique distortion defiler. If they already have their unique defiler unlocked, then training will instead swap it for the applicable generic trait. So a Tempt Forsaken can unlock Tempt by performing Instill Fixation or Grand Concert, but will be able to acquire Broadcast or Force Orgasm by performing the appropriate training afterwards.
The ability to have them all is a bug, then, since I only ever used instill fixation. I never used any other training, which means I never should have had anything other than tempt. Having tempt is working as intended, though, since that is what I got out of using instill fixation the one time I did it. The save I am using has two tempted and one normally defeated Forsaken.

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
Mmmm. Run into a bit of a wall in this triple distortion run at day 22, 2x4 or 5 vanilla commander can't get any defiles to break the last couple of T2's, only making 9 EE a day and can't generate enough angst to progress Fury or Shield more than a few percent towards generating 5 EE. Should I just pass days to buy upgrades so I can field a beefy enough commander to possibly brute force them? Don't have a clue how I'm going to hit some of the final requirements yet either.
corr1.png

Sinistrem

Feb 18, 2018
Okay, so I've pinpointed the problem with my forsaken's portrait.

After downloading an external portrait pack it turns out that the game tries to call "smug" and "used" portraits, which don't exist in vanilla, resulting in black squares. After adding those missing portraits the game now works fine, although having a mix between vanilla and modded portraits feels less than ideal.

Why does that happen only with one specific forsaken while the rest work fine? Why did it start happening mid run? I'll never know.
I'm not even sure whether I should report it as a bug or something.
Maybe the game should have a check that allows those extra portrait types to be utilized by modders but use other portraits available in vanilla when no external portrait pack is available (i.e. using lewd instead of used if used is not present, using joy/focus instead of smug if smug is not present). Although it's weird that none of my forsaken use the neutral portraits, you'd expect that to be the most common one but they all seem to either be scared shitless or smug like they own the place.

Nov 9, 2022
Maybe the game should have a check that allows those extra portrait types to be utilized by modders but use other portraits available in vanilla when no external portrait pack is available (i.e. using lewd instead of used if used is not present, using joy/focus instead of smug if smug is not present)
That is indeed what it's supposed to do; Forsaken are supposed to replace Lewd with Used and Joy with Smug if those portraits are found. Definitely a bug. Immediate fix would be to copy Lewd and Joy and renamed them Used and Smug so you don't have two different portrait styles.

Reactions: Sinistrem

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
You know, I just realized. QOL add. the arrows binded to the left and right on keyboard <- -> would be hella nice especially when you have multiple pages of forsaken or adding custom Chosen. Very low on the totem pole of things needed, but would be nice quick add.

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
is this worth trying?
If you like strategy and corruption, it's good. Might be a little complicated at first, but that largely comes from needing to figure out how to use the tools you've been given to accomplish the set goals. I think the .txt files do a decent job of outlining what those tools are, what the obstacles you'll face are, and what your goals are. What's lacking is an exact "how to" guide on everything.

A little tip for starting out; a good early game goal is to get a basic 4 duration, 2 capture commander out on day 12. Being able to surround chosen early on and buff their trauma and circumstance levels up allows you to play them off of eachother. Which gives you a good opportunity to break T1 and T2 vulnerabilities. So, it's a fairly important early game goal and milestone to reach for. And it's easy enough to achieve - just get and keep each chosen at >200 angst after a battle, and make each battle last as long as possible (Chosen appear based on turns taken, and days past. Longer battles = more chosen earlier = more EE gain between battles.)

Kaitol

Jul 29, 2017
Starting to think a loop 1 triple distortion might be too much for me. Their vulns are all set and I can activate one around day 40, but if I do it makes another impossible. If I tempt one, it makes negotiation impossible by zeroing her angst. If I negotiate with the other, it causes a rivalry between the tempted and the negotiator which delays her arrival so long I can't get the orgasm+ combo going.

Don't even want to think about how I'd get a 15 turn surround for rampancy on someone so resistant to PLEA and PAIN when I'm so far behind the economy curve.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Starting to think a loop 1 triple distortion might be too much for me. Their vulns are all set and I can activate one around day 40, but if I do it makes another impossible. If I tempt one, it makes negotiation impossible by zeroing her angst. If I negotiate with the other, it causes a rivalry between the tempted and the negotiator which delays her arrival so long I can't get the orgasm+ combo going.

Don't even want to think about how I'd get a 15 turn surround for rampancy on someone so resistant to PLEA and PAIN when I'm so far behind the economy curve.
Try getting an aversion, it seemed pretty easy to pull a triple distortion win on compared to others. I have only managed a double distortion and single normal combined triple win with temptation. I have avoided rampancy entirely because of the damage they inflict on my thrall count and negotiation has been hit or miss with getting a double distortion one death win or a loss because the other two got away.

As for getting move+ combos like force orgasm+, try to extend your battles by getting as many longer captures and surrounds as you can to raise the chance of having two or more Chosen ready to be surrounded and to keep any on the battlefield busy so they can't finish the extermination. I have also noticed it buffs the number of turns if you repeatedly pull the same surround action multiple times. Example, I recently had a battle where the first force orgasm lasted one turn, but the next one shot all the way up to 21.

Khaitoh

Feb 28, 2018
So, manage to re-do my save from Day 1 and Broke all 3 (Muwehehehe).
Only Steadfast was Distorted since the other 2 with some vuls broken deemed it impossible. (Since I needed to break their Cores for Day 15 Event.)

Anyways, I know Day 15 is equal to how many Core Vuls are broken, but what about Day 30 and 45?

Next would be about Forsakens.

Also about corruption from training, is Hostility increase non-existent? Most training only Increase Obedience, some Deviancy and a very few for Disgrace. What contributes to this? Also what contributes to a Forsaken's starting corruption level in the first place?

About the Punisher effect, does Earnest Breeder means the targetted Chosen would have up to -40% Hostility when they become a Forsaken?

Also would ask about Training Intensity and Modifiers since they sometimes doesn't reflect what's stated in training guide.txt in some cases but would need some testing done. Like, if they Increase Obedience and Disgrace, they should Increase Inju and Expo respectively right? But why would sometimes they would take Points from Hate / Plea too, and sometimes don't?
Was it supposed to be explained by this line:

"Also would ask about Training Intensity and Modifiers since they sometimes doesn't reflect what's stated in training guide.txt in some cases but would need some testing done. Like, if they Increase Obedience and Disgrace, they should Increase Inju and Expo respectively right? But why would sometimes they would take Points from Hate / Plea too, and sometimes don't?
"

since I didn't get it XD

Would also ask why is it importing always starts at Day 1. Does it only save the Chosen you would encounter (order of second and first might differ iirc)? If yes, why isn't there a multi-delete function so I can have a save of Loop 1 Day 1 instead of deleting 20+ saves one by one. Is this because the game is somehow heavily-tied with Save.SAV? I mean I somehow got my save before corrupted (mainly reason I had to re-do my run tbh) and a corrupted save makes it that there's only blank space after running both Exe and App file. So I guess the game first checks the Save File and then "loads" it whether it was successful or not, else it would create the game's base "settings" and make a Save.SAV file. Not really sure if that's just how Java Games are tbh though XD

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Try getting an aversion, it seemed pretty easy to pull a triple distortion win on compared to others. I have only managed a double distortion and single normal combined triple win with temptation. I have avoided rampancy entirely because of the damage they inflict on my thrall count and negotiation has been hit or miss with getting a double distortion one death win or a loss because the other two got away.

As for getting move+ combos like force orgasm+, try to extend your battles by getting as many longer captures and surrounds as you can to raise the chance of having two or more Chosen ready to be surrounded and to keep any on the battlefield busy so they can't finish the extermination. I have also noticed it buffs the number of turns if you repeatedly pull the same surround action multiple times. Example, I recently had a battle where the first force orgasm lasted one turn, but the next one shot all the way up to 21.
Redoing my Run^ I agree. I did a negotiation and 2x temptation first loop, triple aversion second, doing 1 temptation 2 aversion on third. These combo all work. The third one is a little harder to do and you got finesse the orgy with forced orgasm on the temptation chosen for the 10k INJU and do it third.

Reactions: alex2011

Sonsuka

Aug 29, 2017
Also for CSDEV. I was just wondering, have you considered doing "unique" or like different demon lords you can choose at beginning of campaign. Like some might get a *small* bonus to one action over the others and then the default one. I know you can "create" any body technically so it is unneeded really, but would be kinda cool to choose between different Demonlord and they would get different minions like tentacle one would get tentacle minions to appeal to different people. Of course that does sound like a pain text wise though.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes