McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
Numbers are known, actually. You can only see your current Influence value at the end of Loops that don't give you Items. Loops that give you Items will show your influence value after subtracting that Item.
I meant the exact number of how much each factor contributes to the amount of Influence you get. At least as far as I'm aware we don't know the exact amount of influence each species and modifier gives.

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
My understanding was that you were gaining the number listed (it usually list 10 , 9 or 1x, at most I have seen 19) So I suppose I was understanding that incorrectly

fenyx

Jun 16, 2017
Killed chosen will come back with all vulnerabilities broken up to T2. Any broken T3 vulnerabilities are rehabilitated while they’re gone.
one thing, so if I want a tempted undead, I should break only the vulnerabilities for the tempt right? or they come with ALL vulnerabilities broken?

SuperSkippy

Oct 25, 2017
I meant the exact number of how much each factor contributes to the amount of Influence you get. At least as far as I'm aware we don't know the exact amount of influence each species and modifier gives.
We do, though: A standard Chosen takes away 1 Influence, a Superior takes away 2, Undead/Animalistic subtract 3, and Angel/Devils subtract 4. The code line that calculates the influence value of your next city is just this:

Code:
(w.nextCities[n]).influence = w.influence + baseGain + lowest - influencePenalty[n];
w.influence is your current influence
baseGain is a constant that was set to 10
lowest is the lowest among the two cities' influence penalties (just the sum of their species modifiers)
influencePenalty[n] is the influence penalty of this particular city (again, the sum of their species modifiers)

In a later line, the item is chosen and that value is subtracted from nextCities[n].influence. Another few lines handle the subtraction of any items gained by warping past an odd-numbered Loop.

McHuman

Nov 8, 2019
We do, though: A standard Chosen takes away 1 Influence, a Superior takes away 2, Undead/Animalistic subtract 3, and Angel/Devils subtract 4. The code line that calculates the influence value of your next city is just this:

Code:
(w.nextCities[n]).influence = w.influence + baseGain + lowest - influencePenalty[n];
w.influence is your current influence
baseGain is a constant that was set to 10
lowest is the lowest among the two cities' influence penalties (just the sum of their species modifiers)
influencePenalty[n] is the influence penalty of this particular city (again, the sum of their species modifiers)

In a later line, the item is chosen and that value is subtracted from nextCities[n].influence. Another few lines handle the subtraction of any items gained by warping past an odd-numbered Loop.
Hence why I said as far as I was aware, I don't dive into the code and if this was discussed here before I just didn't see it.

3.80 star(s) 53 Votes