farsinian

Jun 22, 2017
I had that message the same day as I recruited them after their final battle - is there a deficit you need to make up for from before they've fallen before the friends are okay with their treatment?

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I feel distortions are a nice balance between tier 2 and 3&4. You still need to accomplish something in a single battle but there's a long-term planning involved in order to break the correct vulnerabilities (it sucks if you play random and the wrong vulnerabilities are already broken though). Most important advantage for me personally is that you don't need to let the Chosen do their T3 adaptations until 1000% that's probably the most un-fun thing in this game for me. So yes bring in more of those distortions please.
Distortions are definitely more fun, I agree.

I'm expecting that there will be two more distortions. The current pattern is that they require you to inflict the two kinds of circumstance damage that will trigger a single T1 break. Morality tier 1 can be broken by inflicting hate or injury, so the aversion distortion requires you to inflict those two types of damage and Innocence tier 1 can be broken by inflicting pleasure or exposure, so the temptation aversion requires you to inflict those two types of damage. The remaining two distortions should then require you to break innocence and confidence and the other one dignity and morality.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019

I'm expecting that there will be two more distortions. The current pattern is that they require you to inflict the two kinds of circumstance damage that will trigger a single T1 break. Morality tier 1 can be broken by inflicting hate or injury, so the aversion distortion requires you to inflict those two types of damage and Innocence tier 1 can be broken by inflicting pleasure or exposure, so the temptation aversion requires you to inflict those two types of damage. The remaining two distortions should then require you to break innocence and confidence and the other one dignity and morality.
The update for this month is the innocence and confidence you mentioned, "Negotiation" along with the ability to have the custom sex with chosen like you can with forsaken
It's a pretty interesting one from CSDev's subscribestar posts since to progress in the distortion all the team members including the one you're distorting have to a large amount of angst and basically you make an agreement with that chosen to not attack for a day, you can still train your forsaken and such during that day, but similar to the temptation distortion it resets all the angst on that chosen.

The final battle conversion is also different in that the it's not a complete knock-out like the other two and instead is something like the final "+" upgrades

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I had that message the same day as I recruited them after their final battle - is there a deficit you need to make up for from before they've fallen before the friends are okay with their treatment?
I would say there is a deficit, I know that sacrificing their friend makes them incredibly resistant to agree to training and that value never decreases afterwards since you can no longer train their forsaken

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019

Yeah, I just want to point out that it's actually somewhat inaccurate that T1 vulnerabilities are broken by dealing enough circumstances damages. The game specifically mention that you need to do the basic surround actions (grind, caress, pummel, humiliate) until 10k damage. This means that a capture by commander (and also by forsaken I assume) won't be able to break T1 vulnerabilities no matter how much circumstances damages they deal. A useful thing to remember when trying not to break the wrong vulnerabilities for distortions. In fact, I realized this caveat when trying to do temptation distortion: I used a commander and I thought I screwed up since hate is rising too fast to 10k but no, reaching 10k didn't cause T1 break and after the capture had ended I was able to surround and then tempt the chosen.

Edit: So I checked my save file and in the tempted Chosen's profile the morality vulnerability is actually already telling me to raise hate to 10k to inseminate her. So it seems T1 morality break has in fact already happened? But I managed to tempt the Chosen anyway. The Chosen simply didn't have the opportunity to use selfish tactics in my case. I don't know I'm actually confused now whether this is a bug or working as intended haha.

The update for this month is the innocence and confidence you mentioned, "Negotiation" along with the ability to have the custom sex with chosen like you can with forsaken
It's a pretty interesting one from CSDev's subscribestar posts since to progress in the distortion all the team members including the one you're distorting have to a large amount of angst and basically you make an agreement with that chosen to not attack for a day, you can still train your forsaken and such during that day, but similar to the temptation distortion it resets all the angst on that chosen.

The final battle conversion is also different in that the it's not a complete knock-out like the other two and instead is something like the final "+" upgrades
Wait temptation resets all angst? I thought it only reset hate and injury to zero. Maybe more details on distortions in the guide would also be nice haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kalloi

KrazyBob

Oct 2, 2019
Is not getting energy on a T2 break an intended mechanic? Burning commanders trying to build multipliers before extermination, and then just... nothing. The million+ trauma is nice, sure, but that didn't lead to downtime events either.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Are you sure you're getting no energy? I've sometimes experienced that I got energy without the game saying so.

Nabby

Jun 1, 2020
Been playing with a slightly customized roster. I can't quite figure out the game, nor can I find any of these playthroughs or guides that people have given out here. I can barely make each day last longer than round 10-12.

I don't use commanders much, since they only help a little and don't do much more than just extend the day for a few more rounds as far as I could tell.

I'm on day 40, and I only get 4 energy per day with so far an inability to reach any of the vulnerabilities breaks. Is there any tips to make the days last longer and get more energy, or am I just overthinking it?

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019
Is not getting energy on a T2 break an intended mechanic? Burning commanders trying to build multipliers before extermination, and then just... nothing. The million+ trauma is nice, sure, but that didn't lead to downtime events either.
"Because being defiled isn't a choice, there's no bonus Evil Energy for breaking this level of vulnerability, but it does make the victim much more vulnerable to the associated damage types. Furthermore, when the associated circumstance is already above 10k and is increased further by a defiler action, the entire attack does double damage." - From the guide

Been playing with a slightly customized roster. I can't quite figure out the game, nor can I find any of these playthroughs or guides that people have given out here. I can barely make each day last longer than round 10-12.

I don't use commanders much, since they only help a little and don't do much more than just extend the day for a few more rounds as far as I could tell.

I'm on day 40, and I only get 4 energy per day with so far an inability to reach any of the vulnerabilities breaks. Is there any tips to make the days last longer and get more energy, or am I just overthinking it?
There should be a guide text document and several other documentations in the same directory as the exe file. You don't have those?

Reactions: Kalloi

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
When/what the fuck is "until 10k dmg?" It seems to proc out of nowhere, I thought it was individual circumstance damage but I know neither was close to 10k. I keep breaking vulnerabilities I don't want to even when I'm trying to completely avoid those attributes since there's so much mixed damage. I can't seem to break a lot of the "Reach lv 2" requirements for the +2 stuff without also breaking their minor vulnerabilities since I need at least some multipliers to reach higher landmarks. Do the tier 1 vulnerabilities even matter for the rivalries?

Before and after example:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Why is she Morality Breaking there? Total circumstance damage doesn't add up to 10k there, no individual score just hit 10k, I'm really confused. I wasn't even actively using Grind anymore (Though I did use it in the first Surround to set up multipliers, that's her third Surround in that match I think).

Last edited:

subli

Jul 30, 2020
If she thinks that one of the circumstances will hit 10k she will use a tactic that decreases that kind of damage. Here I think she expects to hit 10k exposure so she uses violence which decreases the damage of grind and humiliate.

This particular chosen cannot reliably have her minor vulnerabilities broken last, since she has two and between them they trigger off of all four surround actions. If you want to hurt their relationships you should focus on a different chosen first.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
If she thinks that one of the circumstances will hit 10k she will use a tactic that decreases that kind of damage. Here I think she expects to hit 10k exposure so she uses violence which decreases the damage of grind and humiliate.

This particular chosen cannot reliably have her minor vulnerabilities broken last, since she has two and between them they trigger off of all four surround actions. If you want to hurt their relationships you should focus on a different chosen first.
Damn, well the other girls suck in various ways too. I guess you can get fucked by rng with the girls huh? I thought they balanced out better but none are all the appealing to work on first if she's bad.

Sure wish it was clearer when they'd start trying to defend themselves, the tooltip needs to be fixed for sure. Weird most things in game are a fixed number/time and that's just like "Welp, they'll vulnerability break tier 1 whenever they feel like it". At least now I know why so many runs that fucked up, I thought I just wasn't paying attention and went over 10k on a minor vulnerability on accident. Time for restart number 20 or whatever.

Last edited:

subli

Jul 30, 2020
I generally save every turn and just reload if I accidentally break a vulnerability I didn't intend to. You can also just keep playing to learn more, even if you didn't break them in the order you wanted.

In your situation I think I would keep focusing on Freedom, since she only has one minor vulnerability that is already broken. If you could break either of her core vulnerabilities to T1 then you wouldn't have to worry about accidentally breaking those for the other two.

Reactions: Aser__

HeelsMaiden

Mar 22, 2019
Violence reduces the damage of grind and pummel though not humiliate as can be seen from the picture. I don't know what's happening here it's weird. I don't think I ever had a case where a Chosen start using tactics with these relatively low circumstances damages. You need 25 something surround turns in order to even reach 10k expo in that picture.

Last edited:

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I've tried several runs now since then and every time I can't seem to prevent the tier 1 minors from breaking when going for the tier 2 core and significant vulnerabilities. They keep breaking far before 10k. Spent all this time trying to learn the game to work around rivalries and this shit keeps happening now, rip. First time I feel like it's a pretty clear game issue and not just me playing wrong. The minors seem waayyyyyy too touchy. I build the girls up as slow as I can while avoiding their minors as much as possible and they're still breaking. All this work and I could just be brain dead smashing my head against the keyboard and striking all their vulnerabilities at the same time for the same result 10 days sooner, lol. Turns out my first runs in the game were my best runs after all : p

I'm a chronic restarter btw, even though I keep a ton of saves, I prefer restarting eventually to improve on my strats each time. Usually I realize I could have done better earlier on in the run to prevent whatever issues I have. This is the first time I feel like I couldn't have done much better and it's a game issue, so I'm finally on a break from restarts/playing lol (Yes, I savescum a shit ton as well).

Been playing it nonstop for a while but this is quite an obnoxious wall. I know if I retry over and over I could probably do it of course, but I don't think that should be needed when I set up everything so well. Constant savescumming and/or needing good girl rng being necessary to do rivalries means the game needs some balancing. Knowing this happens with a ton of different girl combos and strategies is also pretty telling. Finding out it probably wasn't me fucking up and accidentally going over 10k this whole time is pretty painful as well. So many restarts trying to raise the girls more carefully to avoid that and it happens anyways.

I've gotta say the game is kind of limited in viable playstyles as well. I found a lot of the suppressor and defiler upgrades to be pretty underwhelming, especially since they eat so much EE that I could spend raising trauma instead. The basic additional grab + additional grab turns has always seemed far more reliable. The double defiler upgrade is nice since it feels like a dot, but since you have to turn off ambush to use those effectively or you waste turns at the start (At least before the +5% damage on do nothing upgrade), it drops off pretty hard. Would be cool if you could set the ambush to not ambush the initial girl, but automatically ambush the next girl that shows up. That would help a shit ton. The wasted turn to capture the 2nd girl or having to sit around doing nothing with the first girl with ambush on hurts that playstyle (At least early/mid game).

Last edited:

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I got a whole-team aversion for the first time! The text for doing so is a bit "bugged" though, it describes what would usually happen after a whole team orgy, but that doesn't fit with the final battle. Let me know if I need to be more specific, I tried to avoid spoilers.
Oops, good catch. I know exactly what you're talking about, and it should be fixed in the next version.
Okay, didn't expect to be turned-on by a text-game more than most adult games with fancy graphics out there. Who knew imagining a badass team of magical girls then breaking them into sex-crazed sluts can be so hot?

Is there a way to add more detailed descriptions to custom clothes though? Because Chosen with generic clothes generated by the game seems to have more detailed descriptions during transformation.

Also I think the guide for the Forsaken can be expanded. I didn't know exactly why my Forsaken have the stats they have until I read Kalloi's post on the previous page.
We're getting close to the rework for custom clothes. The one thing I want to do before that is to improve the way that custom sex scenes handle clothes (because right now it's extremely generic). Once I've finalized how clothes will be handled in custom sex scenes, it'll be easier to rework the custom clothes system to fit with that.
Does anyone else also feel like breaking tier 2 vulnerabilities is more interesting as a gameplay challenge that breaking tier 3 and 4 vulnerabilities? Tier 2 depends on what you can do in a single battle, while tier 3 and 4 are much more grindy.
I feel distortions are a nice balance between tier 2 and 3&4. You still need to accomplish something in a single battle but there's a long-term planning involved in order to break the correct vulnerabilities (it sucks if you play random and the wrong vulnerabilities are already broken though). Most important advantage for me personally is that you don't need to let the Chosen do their T3 adaptations until 1000% that's probably the most un-fun thing in this game for me. So yes bring in more of those distortions please.
I agree that tiers 3 and 4 are less interesting, but I think it was inevitable because of how there needs to always be a "brute force" method available. Once all the Distortions are implemented, I expect that most experienced players will always be aiming to use a Distortion wherever possible, and only fall back on the "lots of trauma and several battles of using sinful moves" method when that fails.
Speaking of forsaken, one of the magical girls I tempted has "angry at how you trained her friend" - is there any way to adjust the friend's training to make the tempted easier to train?
Right now, their feelings about how you train their friends are very very simple. They just look at their relative Obedience scores. Because Obedience can currently only be raised by doing cruel things (whether in battle against them as Chosen, or when training them as Forsaken), this should mostly make sense with how they've actually been treated. But I'd like to make it more nuanced in the future.

Your reasoning about the next two Distortions is correct, but I'd also like to add a further two (to a total of six) for Morality/Innocence and Confidence/Dignity. Of course, there's no corresponding T1 break for those two, so they'll have to work a little differently.
Edit: So I checked my save file and in the tempted Chosen's profile the morality vulnerability is actually already telling me to raise hate to 10k to inseminate her. So it seems T1 morality break has in fact already happened? But I managed to tempt the Chosen anyway. The Chosen simply didn't have the opportunity to use selfish tactics in my case. I don't know I'm actually confused now whether this is a bug or working as intended haha.
Her T1 Morality is still intact, but because she's started on the Temptation path, she'll never use violence regardless of how high you bring her HATE. This means that the only way to give her a Morality Break is to use Inseminate. (And after you do so, the tip would go back to telling you to raise her HATE to 10k in order to break her T1, even though her T2 would already be broken at that point.)
Wait temptation resets all angst? I thought it only reset hate and injury to zero. Maybe more details on distortions in the guide would also be nice haha.
It doesn't reset it to zero, but it does have a very large recovery amount (though still far less than the +50 Evil Energy downtime actions in the endgame). The reason that people think it's a total reset is that the amount recovered is often larger than the amount of ANGST you deal in the process of getting your first Tempt usage. The coming Negotiation downtime will work the same way.
When/what the fuck is "until 10k dmg?" It seems to proc out of nowhere, I thought it was individual circumstance damage but I know neither was close to 10k. I keep breaking vulnerabilities I don't want to even when I'm trying to completely avoid those attributes since there's so much mixed damage. I can't seem to break a lot of the "Reach lv 2" requirements for the +2 stuff without also breaking their minor vulnerabilities since I need at least some multipliers to reach higher landmarks. Do the tier 1 vulnerabilities even matter for the rivalries?

Before and after example:

Why is she Morality Breaking there? Total circumstance damage doesn't add up to 10k there, no individual score just hit 10k, I'm really confused. I wasn't even actively using Grind anymore (Though I did use it in the first Surround to set up multipliers, that's her third Surround in that match I think).
What's happening here is that violence counters pummel, and you're using pummel, so she's asking herself "should I use violence?" She's a low-Morality type, and you already have some big multipliers, so she uses violence pre-emptively so that it'll take her out of the danger range. When the multipliers get that high, the only way to remove violence from consideration is to avoid using grind and pummel both, regardless of which one is more likely to hit the 10k damage threshold.

That said, I agree that it's very counterintuitive, and I'm thinking about adding an extra check which stops them from breaking the Vulnerability if the associated circumstance damage is less than 1k and the other isn't expected to go over 10k. It wouldn't make things much easier outside of edge cases like this one.

• Red Heart
Reactions: sdkoi and Kalloi

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
What's happening here is that violence counters pummel, and you're using pummel, so she's asking herself "should I use violence?" She's a low-Morality type, and you already have some big multipliers, so she uses violence pre-emptively so that it'll take her out of the danger range. When the multipliers get that high, the only way to remove violence from consideration is to avoid using grind and pummel both, regardless of which one is more likely to hit the 10k damage threshold.

That said, I agree that it's very counterintuitive, and I'm thinking about adding an extra check which stops them from breaking the Vulnerability if the associated circumstance damage is less than 1k and the other isn't expected to go over 10k. It wouldn't make things much easier outside of edge cases like this one.
Yeah, something seems to need help. I just broke Innocence at 4656 Disgust. Trying to get to 10k in shit the girl is actively reducing the effectiveness of without using two multipliers at all on her final surround? Shit doesn't even seem possible in a reasonable amount of time and limits who we can even focus on even further. Could you please fix the tooltip that claims "Use Grind and Humiliate until 10k dmg" or whatever as well? Cause that shit has ruined so many of my runs, thinking I could avoid breaking minor vulns if I just stayed under "10k damage" and didn't use both at the same time.

Too many of the systems seem connected in this game, everything fucking with something else. It really limits our options. Why is there even such a heavy penalty for ignoring certain types of damage and letting them fall below the others? Seems like the game goes way too hard on trying to penalize aiming for rivalries.

What is a reasonable day to break a tier 1 core vuln without breaking any of her tier 1 minors for starters? That would help me gauge what's happening here. Cause by day 25-35 I'm still having issues. Are some girls just completely lost causes?

Found out how much girl rng matters, rerolled a bunch till I found girls that already have their T2 minors broken. That sure makes things a fuck ton easier. Day 19 I broke her T1 Core and one of her T2 Sigs. Avoiding 100m SHAM unresolved trauma is a wee bit easier than the fucking nightmare that is trying to avoid "10k damage" : p

Edit: Wow, I think that's a new record for lowest Minor Vuln break. Can't use morality shit with her even in just the first surround turn or she'll break later.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 54 Votes