MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
No worries about the questions! I don’t think they’re dumb at least haha

First question is most likely a bug you were experiencing with custom chosen. There were a couple of problems with importing and exporting chosen teams, some of which I’ve came across personally and others posted here and CSDev has fixed in the new version that’s actually out now, (Release 31) so you should be good to go, I can’t verify it myself at the moment though since I’m away from my computer but if you still come across more problems it would great to upload your save along with a explanation of your problem like you did now. if it’s in the first few days CSDev usually uploads a modified version of the release that fixes the issue, and it’s still okay if it’s later than that it will just be fixed in the next content release.

And also about your problems with using the direct creation feature of custom chosen feature in campaign mode, the game prioritizes sending out custom chosen before random ones, additionally, it will tell you before you finalize creation if it’s compatible with other custom chosen in the campaign mode so it’s more simple to do it that way but that’s just my method of doing it compared to the questionnaire method with all three chosen at once.

Second question is there isn’t a way to completely stop T3 detonates once your chosen starts using them, there is a drawback to it though, and they will jump to the next level of INJU when they detonate, so first few levels it won’t be worthwhile but say she detonates and she has level 2 INJU then she will reach 10K INJu, meaning an easy sodomize. Capturing them again means they’ll jump to 100k. Pair that way with the Punisher Drain which multiplies damages based on her detonation % even before T4 break and you’re able to offset the capture charges pretty well since you can skimp out on the EE for capture duration and instead do capture charges instead.

Alternatively you can use a forsaken as well, even a low cost forsaken will have 4-7 turns of capture that varies on the personality of the forsaken and the chosen capturing and even when the chosen detonates the forsaken won’t die, they’ll just be stunned for a few turns.

Let me know if you have any other questions and I’ll do my best to help!
Not at this moment but If I don't know if it's a bug or not but ALL my forsaken from like Build 25 no longer have their portraits even though they have their names still the same as the portrait folder. What's really weird is that the custom versions for campaigns with the same names still have the portraits so WTF up with that lol

Same honestly lol, it certainly becomes a bit easier but some situations feel like they’re impossible or either too fucked it’s not worth it to continue the run, I had this issue pretty recently when I went back to one of my earlier runs since my current one was halted because of a bug, and I realized after a full two days of trying to work out a strategy against a really hard superior chosen that I would have been fucked even if I just settled on a half victory since half of my forsaken weren’t trained properly or even had decent defilers on them so I scrapped the entire run,

Long story short; I hope you enjoy your time with your other games! Although it’s been awhile since this post was made haha
To be fair, I'm a cheating bastard. I just play on a max level demon lord since I can't be bothered to play as a weak ass demon lord who gets his ass kicked for most of the game lol That said, I have actually beaten the game the right way but that was like when the game first came out lol

Reactions: Kalloi

Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
I'll probably wait till next month to give the game another go, the fourth distortion path is definitely more what I'm interested in. HATE/PLEA I'd assume?

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
anyone wanna take a crack at what rampancy path is gonna be like? i wouldn't know, im not an ideas guy :p

Belgaz

Jul 18, 2021
also, yeahhhhhh... holy shit, the game without cheating, you feel so weak, me just saying that does it no actual justice in how weak you feel, snowballing feels like a made-up word that came from a crazy person. your suppressors feel next to useless to get any tier breaks or damage in to make up for the spent EE, and the chosen eat through your bars like they're made out of Twix, so you can't keep them in battles nearly long enough for the net trauma to actually build up (and matter) any more than they can dump it off so you can get tiers broken and more EE.

Last edited:

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
also, yeahhhhhh... holy shit, the game without cheating, you feel so weak, me just saying that does it no actual justice in how weak you feel, snowballing feels like a made-up word that came from a crazy person. your suppressors feel next to useless to get any tier breaks or damage in to make up for the spent EE, and the chosen eat through your bars like they're made out of Twix, so you can't keep them in battles nearly long enough for the net trauma to actually build up (and matter) any more than they can dump it off so you can get tiers broken and more EE.
Don't forget the fact your forces get knocked out extremely quickly, even when maxed out, and apparently for some reason, you can't take a unlimited amount of thralls/minions if you got the points or be able to take specialized thralls/minions or more elite thralls/minions if you want. You can't even use points to call in reinforcements if your thralls/minions are getting destroyed.

subli

Jul 30, 2020
When it comes to tips for beginners I'm wondering if it would be better to split it into two: a guide to how the game actually works and a separate guide to what kind of strategy you might want to pursue and why.

Cloud73

Feb 7, 2018
I'm pleasantly surprised by how consistent CSDev has been with updating this game over the past 2 years. Whatever his working schedule for this game looks like, it's clear that he's got the habits, knowledge, and drive for development that most indie developers just seem to be lacking.

I'll need to start playing this again. I put it down for a couple weeks because my personal life got busy, but there's a lot of content I still haven't seen just by virtue of how difficult the game can be. Honestly, I was pretty happy just save scumming through to my first Distortion...

censuur

Oct 15, 2017
Yea let's not even get into how ridiculous things get when you want to actually break chosen in a certain way or get them to be rivals. There is so much shit you need to juggle and no easily accessible way to retain that information, if you take a break for a few months you're right back to figuring out the esoteric nonsense of how everything works. "Oh you thought you could break the chosen by attacking them? Well whoops there's actually an extra requirement for this to be a vulnerability you forgot about" Or "You figured you'd break them in a certain way but haha that makes them more durable and you need to have done a bunch of other shite to compensate for this!"

Right now the game seems to be stuck in this weird loop where you start out poking at the chosen's weaknesses and then grind yourself retarded making no tangible progress until they finally just break all over the place all at once and it's basically over. Really hope some more attention is put toward making actual progress between the start and the end because it's such an "all or nothing" situation right now that it doesn't feel good to return to the game fresh after a bunch of new updates.

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
It was a help, thanks! with the new update. so the game is shifting towards Campaign mode? Just wondering if that is the game mode I should start playing, since there really isn't any continuous progress with single play aside from getting forsaken.

I also have to figure out how to use the forsaken. Can you eventually get them to be more powerful? I'm working on the leveling up to get more discipline, but some of the forsaken were fully broken by the end so Im not sure if that is it for them or not.
I’m glad to have helped! :D

I would say single play is good for beginners and people trying to learn/practice strategies and campaign mode is good after you’re able to consistently win the final battle, especially if you can defeat all 3 chosen in the final battle, and a good beginner goal in your first few campaign runs imo Would be to get to loop 3 and encounter your first superior chosen. Defeating her is the goal but don’t worry if you can’t, I highly recommend using a Distortion like Temptation or Aversion to OKO her since her starting resolve isn’t anything to fuck around with even with antipathy and both bitter enemies.

Oh! I just remembered there is a easy mode for campaign where there’s no difficulty modifiers other than superior chosen that appear and you also have the ability to unlock all the campaign achievements immediately like reduced % needed for T4 breaks, Additional Starting EE for each loop. Or stuff like instant 100+ EE or unlock all upgrades.

Single play though, has an added benefit where you can experiment with forsaken and fighting styles and don’t have to worry about motivation and Stamina as you can just pass the time in the main menu and load your save up to deploy them.

Most of the features has been tied to campaign mode(especially recently with the addition of childhood friends/siblings added in this recent update but single play will get some new things/modifiers in the future from what I’ve been told :D

As for training forsaken they can be really really powerful and their benefits compared to specialty and generic and utility commanders.

Say for example you start your run off and you want to surround a chosen for 4-7 turns, you would need to not only get the upgrades for that sort of commander but also the time EE to use that commander in the first place, meaning it’ll take a couple of days at least, and in addition to picking up upgrades you need you also need their prerequisites as well. Compared to that, a forsaken just needs the focus upgrade to use them and the needed EE and motivation you need to deploy them. And when you have a forsaken deployed as early as day 4-5 if you’re savy enough and a forsaken that can capture 4-7 turns and multiple times that early means you can make the other chosen show much more quicker and possibly get a T2 break with them if you play your cards right

but the best way to use them is plan out what you want them to do ahead of time (similiar to planning out how you want to win against a team of chosen)

A simple example I can use is say you want increase Detonation % on a chosen but tired of spending 10-20+ EE per commander just to raise percentage? Instead you can just a forsaken that costs 1-4 EE with low-moderate Obedience and moderate-high hostility to reduce needed motivation to send them out that deals INJU damage. this forsaken would have 4 turns a minimum (assuming the chosen doesn’t detonate and end the capture early) and also can capture an unlimited amount of times when they aren’t stunned by a detonate chosen. And since their obedience isn’t very high their stamina regen would be good enough to use them over and over again

Ie. If I want a forsaken that I can use in the early game to sodomize most chosen I would want to train their expertise with an emphasis on INJU along a good secondary damage depending on what situations I think she’ll be good for, EXPO is a good all purpose one imo. Since I want to send her out really early that means I should get her EE to deploy her down a lot for this. Meaning I need to increase her Disgrace % quite a bit. Breaking her t4 dignity as a chosen makes the starting point for this easier and if that chosen has dignity as a minor vulnerability then it will be even easier.

Basically what I’m trying to get at is try to have a variety of forsaken for different situations/teams. It’s good to have high obedience and low obedience chosen and those in between, along with the other % so it’s best to ask yourself what you want that particular forsaken to do or what kind of a situation is hard for you in campaign that would be easier if you had a forsaken to use

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
When it comes to tips for beginners I'm wondering if it would be better to split it into two: a guide to how the game actually works and a separate guide to what kind of strategy you might want to pursue and why.
Honestly I think that would be a really good idea. You and I along with fruit smoothie and others have made a couple of day-to-day playthroughs/guides and they all seem to have helped a variety of people but I think one of the fundamental problems some people have as someone pointed out before, is the habits and strategies we suggest may not work against every team/chosen. That and the moderator for this thread doesn’t really sticky any of the guides so people have to really look hard to find them.

Some general things like EE conservation/usage tips, planning out actions for the different stages of the game, using commanders, and the relationships between chosen. Things like that I think would do really well in at least giving people the right direction to go and have universal use for any run.

I think if the game came with a sort of “tutorial” starter team that came with every release that Everyone could start with. that could do well with not only action-by-action/day-by-day guides but also acquaint people with general rules of thumb

Reactions: kcj300

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
Is there a requirement to start the campaign with a custom choosen? Tried to start it both with a single and three compatible one but it doesn't do anything when i press begin...

• Sad
Reactions: Silverfan936

censuur

Oct 15, 2017
Some general things like EE conservation/usage tips, planning out actions for the different stages of the game, using commanders, and the relationships between chosen. Things like that I think would do really well in at least giving people the right direction to go and have universal use for any run.
I think it's largely an issue with the UI as well, most of the aspects of each chosen are fairly distinct and do very different things and affect things differently but they're all clustered together in a way that implies some form of balance or connection (something like pain vs shame have only really one thing in common and many more differences), and when you want to know what you'll actually accomplish by pushing something like shame and how to best take advantage of it you need to go through a poorly formatted text file in hopes of clarity. Say you're just playing normally and trying to break someone on HATE and pushing that with a commander you've put your points towards, you quickly find a whole list of confusing modifiers blocking your progress. Even if you figure out how to address these, your run is over because you made a huge investment that you cannot recoup and have to probably go back to do all the ground work needed to *actually* accomplish what you set out to do, and you better hope you got it right because you'll fail to reach the much required snowballing to get anywhere on time if you mess up a few times.

It really doesn't help that the in-game tutorial is very out of date and starts you off halfway into a run with no idea how you'd even get there normally or how to adapt what you've learned there to entirely different sets of chosen.

Reactions: Belgaz

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
Is there a requirement to start the campaign with a custom choosen? Tried to start it both with a single and three compatible one but it doesn't do anything when i press begin...
Are you playing on Ver 31 or Ver 31b? 31b is supposed to have fixed that very problem. If you're playing on 31b I recommend uploading your save so CSDev can take a look at it.

Cloud73

Feb 7, 2018
I think it's largely an issue with the UI as well...

It really doesn't help that the in-game tutorial is very out of date...
It feels like the game has various complexity layers for the player to understand based on how far ahead they're planning and playing. The problem is that it's hard for new players to understand even the first layer, the combat, and the tutorial/UI isn't quite good enough at getting new players on the right track.

First, there's the basic combat layer, which is all about breaking vulnerabilities. You gotta learn what actions work the best together for breaking vulnerabilities based on your current Chosen and what the combat consequences are for breaking those vulnerabilities. That's not easy to figure out from a casual glance, and requires understanding the underlying mechanics of the game. On top of that, this is the crux of the gameplay and it's most complicated element, but the tutorial doesn't seem to be doing a great job helping players understand it very well at all. I think a big part of that is, like you said, that the tutorial doesn't start on day one, it doesn't cover multiple days of gameplay and EE choices, and it gives players a champion without first showing them what it takes to unlock and use a viable one -- or what even constitutes a viable one.

Next, there's the day-by-day layer, which is all about EE and trauma. You have to plan for getting as much EE and trauma as possible, as quickly as possible, and you can only get EE by handling your combat correctly. FruitSmoothie's guide helps explore the issue of day-by-day planning in a way that simply isn't done by the currently included tutorial or guides. There's an element of viability in certain upgrades over others, regardless of your Chosen, and it's honestly pretty easy to miss those high-value choices because their impacts are obscured by the game's own obtuse mechanics. On top of that, I don't remember ever reading about the events on days 15, 30, and 45, or how important the EE injections from those events could end up being for any given playthrough. So, on yet another layer of complexity, players sort of get shafted.

Lastly, there's the loop-by-loop layer, something you only find in campaign mode, and something I haven't even personally started on yet. If I understand correctly, it all revolves around using specifically trained Forsaken to bypass the limitations imposed by standard champions in order to speed up the process enough to beat the reduction in days... which is a whole 'nother level of planning that I haven't even gotten into, and requires understanding what you want your Forsaken to do before you even start corrupting a Chosen into one... Oof.

All in all, it's just a very complicated game, and the tutorials/guides provided just don't actually... umm, guide. They're more like really thorough mechanical explanations, something you might find in a software's help index, rather than practical introductions to the game.

MSGTNP

Feb 5, 2020
When are we going to be able to run chosen teams of the same archetype personalities, have older or even have milf type chosen? I wanna run a bunch of chosen with self centered, pissed off chosen who think their top shit lol

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
When are we going to be able to run chosen teams of the same archetype personalities, have older or even have milf type chosen? I wanna run a bunch of chosen with self centered, pissed off chosen who think their top shit lol
Well I dont think that you'll ever really be able to play with a whole team of a specific archetype, just because of how the Chosen teams work. You can't have overlapping vulnerabilities and chosen archetypes are dependent on their vulnerabilities, so it seems unlikely at the very least.

As for MILFs? They should become an option once Chosen/Forsaken customization gets expanded, though we don't have a specific timeframe on that.

Trollnat

May 27, 2022
Are you playing on Ver 31 or Ver 31b? 31b is supposed to have fixed that very problem. If you're playing on 31b I recommend uploading your save so CSDev can take a look at it.
Is there a download available for 31b? If so, where? I only see 31 on this thread.

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes