Arachnofiend

Jul 22, 2017
The distortion requirements show up in the psychic reading menu once you've reached the break threshold (it'll tell you that you need a 10 round orgy to trigger Aversion once you've got the HATE/INJU breaks for example). It'd be easier to get them "accidentally" if all of the distortion paths were in the game but they've been added one at a time for sanity reasons.

Reactions: tpk and GodOfAll

Ydennek314

Sep 21, 2019
Are the distortion paths explained in game yet or is it still something you need to know about beforehand and follow a step by step guide for? Last I checked the distortion paths sounded like inputting a cheatcode or something lol. "Do X, avoid A, B, C, orgy for 10 turns without breaking so and so vuln", not really the kind of stuff you'd figure out through normal gameplay alone unless you were stupid lucky. That's the kind of issue I'm often talking about with a lot of the game mechanics. Lemme check the textfile (For version 29, last I played)

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yeah...those aren't really reasonable for the player the stumble on or figure out on their own. Why doesn't it just allow you to choose to distort a girl a certain way and then give you a list of requirements for that distortion in game? Like starting a questline. Should the distortions really be hidden from the MC like that? That's the "metagaming" issue I'm talking about. You need outside knowledge to play the game. The MC should be involved in shit since the character is the one acting. The MC should be like "I want to distort the girl in this way, so here's what I'm going to do", and give the player a list of requirements, not the other way around. I hope I'm explaining my issue well enough. It's kind of a complicated thing to describe.

It's not like you can't hide some parts of the requirements from players, but I feel like distortions and other things should be incorporated into the actual game more. So it feels like people are playing a game and not following step by step walkthroughs. Maybe it's already planned, so I'll wait until that patch to try them out if so. The implementation is really important to me.
In a chosen's info screen it does actually let you know if theres a distortion they have the current vulnerability breaks for and the steps needed to start it. Like, lets say that I have a chosen with t2 morality and confidence breaks, It will let me know below her vulns section "Innocence/Dignity Distortion: Do not break Innocence or Dignity(Cover is okay). Orgy for 10 turns to trigger sexual aversion".
I do think their info page should probably be highlighted the day that guide first shows up to make it stand out more cause it is probably easy to miss unless you know to look for it or are just checking their info pages constantly.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
In a chosen's info screen it does actually let you know if theres a distortion they have the current vulnerability breaks for and the steps needed to start it. Like, lets say that I have a chosen with t2 morality and confidence breaks, It will let me know below her vulns section "Innocence/Dignity Distortion: Do not break Innocence or Dignity(Cover is okay). Orgy for 10 turns to trigger sexual aversion".
I do think their info page should probably be highlighted the day that guide first shows up to make it stand out more cause it is probably easy to miss unless you know to look for it or are just checking their info pages constantly.
Yeah, i'm not really doing a great job of explaining my issue with them I guess. My main goal is to try to remove the shit in game causing players confusion. I don't think that line of text is enough to consider the distortions well implemented and incorporated into the game. Highlighting to warn players is better than nothing again, but it's still not really what I'm trying to ask for. If this was the only issue in the game like this, that'd be fine. It's that these issues are littered through the entire game. It's like the straw that breaks the camels back.

Any time I try to point out one of these issues, people come here and explain how some system in the game works to me. I'm not looking to have shit explained to me right now, I'm looking for the shit to be explained better in game so people don't have to come here and ask a million questions to know how to play the game, lol. That I or anybody else has to bring stuff like this up is the issue. Just because something is possible and available in game doesn't mean it's implemented as well as it could be. I don't know how to explain some of these problems without sounding like an ass or somebody just asking a question about how shit works apparently x.x Trying to critique this game is exhausting lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ydennek314

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
Yeah, i'm not really doing a great job of explaining my issue with them I guess. My main goal is to try to remove the shit in game causing players confusion. I don't think that line of text is enough to consider the distortions well implemented and incorporated into the game. Highlighting to warn players is better than nothing again, but it's still not really what I'm trying to ask for. If this was the only issue in the game like this, that'd be fine. It's that these issues are littered through the entire game. It's like the straw that breaks the camels back.

Any time I try to point out one of these issues, people come here and explain how some system in the game works to me. I'm not looking to have shit explained to me right now, I'm looking for the shit to be explained better in game so people don't have to come here and ask a million questions to know how to play the game, lol. That I or anybody else has to bring stuff like this up is the issue. Just because something is possible and available in game doesn't mean it's implemented as well as it could be. I don't know how to explain some of these problems without sounding like an ass or somebody just asking a question about how shit works apparently x.x Trying to critique this game is exhausting lol.
While I do agree that things could be explained in game better there are documents included with the game download that explain these mechanics to a pretty good degree in my opinion. Perhaps having them included into the game as their own tab on the main menu could work, though there's not much difference on doing that and leaving it as is. I think the problem is finding out how to include tutorials and guides for all of the different mechanics in an organic way. The current in game tutorial is both miniscule and horribly out of date, so it usually leaves people more confused than informed. Hopefully we can change that in the future. I'm not sure how helpful this message actually is, but I at least want to voice my agreement. A lot of the mechanics in the game assume you have read about the updates where they've been implemented and the guide documents included with the game download. So if you jump into the game now and don't read any of the guides (some of which aren't as helpful as they potentially could be) you'll end up losing yourself in all of the information of the game. A part of me feels like that's just something that happens with a game of this genre. Creating a full tutorial for either a single play or full campaign run, would require a massive amount of work, and it keeps seeming like anything less simply wouldn't be sufficient.

Last edited:

Fenrir1928

Jul 29, 2018
hey, so I can't figure out how to change difficulty settings, and campaign won't launch. do you have to complete a single play first to unlock difficulty settings and campaign, or am I missing something.

FruitSmoothie

Jan 22, 2019
I mean, how many of you savescum religiously or use cheats in this game? Have you considered why that's necessary and how that could be improved upon? I know it's just the kind of game this is causing so many problems. If you compare this game to like Era-K, I'd say one of the main differences is that this is a number crunching game and obviously massively snowbally. An extra few points in some damage type could mean an extra surround on a girl that snowballs into a shit ton of extra damage/progress, and you really have no way of knowing if that's going to happen until you try it (At least if it wasn't successful before), unless you want to bust out a calculator every turn and know exactly how everything in this game works.

Era-K could be considered more complicated, flexible, even more difficult on high difficulty settings, but it doesn't require save scumming to be successful in it like this game does. When formulas and various shit isn't explained well in Era-K, it doesn't really matter that much. I have at least 300 hours in it and I still don't know exactly how all the skills work, like when it's better to get a skill that boosts troop stats vs when it's better to get a skill that boosts the Officer's stats, but it doesn't matter. The success of the rest of my playstyle allow me to try various stuff and not fuck myself over. Here it feels like you're penalized for going off script. Hell, even when you know the game well enough you're probably still going to savescum regularly because messing up a day every now and then can fuck you over royally. Originally that stuff didn't bother me for quite a while, but the more I thought about it, the more it started to bug me.

I'm wondering if the game is ever going to be balanced in a way and displayed/explained in a way where savescumming doesn't feel as necessary. Where people can make better educated guesses on the best course of action instead of just trial and erroring no matter how much experience they have with the game. Part of that could involve "Simplifying" things and/or explaining why shit happens/works the way it does in ways that a game like Era-K doesn't need to because it's not a snowbally number crunching game lol. Basically, I don't think this game can pull off the "vagueness" that other text games can pull off because of the type of game it is. You want people to crunch numbers, give them the formulas and explain shit to them so they can crunch numbers. You know, play to this game's strengths. Or you could go the other way with it and turn this into a game where it's okay if shit is vague by giving players a bunch of extra leeway, but that would obviously drop the difficulty.

Right now it feels to me like there's kind of a clash between what the game is and what it's trying to be. That's part of the reason why I find it difficult to give specific critiques/suggestions. It's hard to tell what the dev is trying to do. Like some game mechanics make it seem like they're meant to give the players more flexibility and options, like the skills currently for example. But the massive amount of prerequisites means you end up buying everything anyways, usually in the same order.

Though some of those issues seem like they're being worked on, I'm looking forward to an improved tutorial for sure.

Last edited:

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
hey, so I can't figure out how to change difficulty settings, and campaign won't launch. do you have to complete a single play first to unlock difficulty settings and campaign, or am I missing something.
If you played the R31 version there's a bug that prevent the campaign from being played if you use custom chosens. Try to use the R31B from the dev blog ( ) instead. The difficulty option can also be unlocked from the start from the option menu iirc.

Reactions: FruitSmoothie

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
Click C in the options menu and you can change the difficulty to Easy which allows cheats to be used.

Suzuzu

Oct 22, 2017
I'm enjoying this game quite a bit, even if my tendency to leap into a game without looking hampered my progress at the beginning (first single game, day 43 with no significant breaks). Looking forward to what the future will bring from you :)

Mar 18, 2019
Bro, this shit is fucking ridiculously hard. My god man, did you have to turn this game into a nut mashing torture feast to play it? It is so unintuitive I barely know what the fuck I am doing and thats AFTER reading the guide. Distortions paths, sin, trauma last and all the other stuff thrown at my face. I'm not a dumb person when it comes to mechanics but geebus fucking cheezits batman what the hell am I doing?

Tried using pleasure to break girls only to run into the classic "Break her vulnerability". Ok how do I do that? Follow a distortion path. Wtf is a distortion path, look that up. Still don't understand a damn thing.

Ok, I'll use violence, I get to stage two of getting 2+ energy from a girl or two... then the game comes to a screeching halt on where I go from there. I've done... idk maybe like 12 or 13 runs of this game and it just DOESN'T makes sense man. I really like the concept, being a big bad villain and using corruption on nearly invincible magic girls? HELL YEA that sounds awesome. But fuck me in the ass man you've made this an absolute NIGHTMARE to play.

NiftyFree

May 31, 2018
Amazing game. Finally won on my sixth game of v30, capturing all three Chosen.

Apparently I can now train the three Forsaken between games? Not sure of the effects of that, but it's fun. There's a stamina based daily limitation but maybe no time limit?

Should I start a Campaign now? I'm not sure of the difference between Campaign and Single.

My one suggestion is to add a thin colored border to each Chosen's portrait that matches their red/blue/green speech color.

BerglorMan94

Apr 10, 2021
Amazing game. Finally won on my sixth game of v30, capturing all three Chosen.

Apparently I can now train the three Forsaken between games? Not sure of the effects of that, but it's fun. There's a stamina based daily limitation but maybe no time limit?

Should I start a Campaign now? I'm not sure of the difference between Campaign and Single.

My one suggestion is to add a thin colored border to each Chosen's portrait that matches their red/blue/green speech color.
The main difference between campaign and Single Play is that campaign continues after you beat a team of Chosen. After winning you get to choose a new city to go and attack, which has its own new team of Chosen, as well as some modifiers that make that city harder than the last. Forsaken become a lot more useful when it comes to Campaign as well. Learning how to train them effectively is important, and something Im still trying to get a full grasp on. I would recommend playing around with training the Forsaken you just got from Single Play while cross referencing the guide document about forsaken. That should at least help get the basics down for training. Happy corrupting!

Reactions: tpk

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
Is there a cheat to delay or avoid the final battle?
There's no ingame one for that as far as i know, the ingame day changing one is after you beat the final battle and is used for forsaken training and/or skipping days mostly.

Rahmos

May 20, 2019
Is there a cheat to delay or avoid the final battle?
Cheat Engine should be able to do that. Just scan the day number, go to the next day, scan the new number, repeat until you narrowed down the address, then you can change it freely.

Reactions: Eumind
Mar 18, 2019
How does one increase the effectiveness of Hypnosis and drain etc etc. I haven't quite figured it out yet. Been trying multiple combos and it doesn't seem to work

sptkc

Feb 10, 2018
How does one increase the effectiveness of Hypnosis and drain etc etc. I haven't quite figured it out yet. Been trying multiple combos and it doesn't seem to work
Hypnosis is by capturing other chosen when you already give the target chosen some pleasure damage. Drain is by capturing the target chosen with commander/forsaken. The game tell the requirement after you break T3 iirc, so if you have a save just before then you can check again for the details.

DrakeNot

Oct 11, 2020
There is something wrong with training after finishing training for one forsaken the button gets locked and screen becomes blank how do i fix it

NilTide

Aug 7, 2020
There is something wrong with training after finishing training for one forsaken the button gets locked and screen becomes blank how do i fix it
I've been experiencing the same thing. It's similar to another bug that I reported and that CSDev has said will be fixed with the next build, so the answer may be to just wait for the next version. In case it is different, I've attached a save where I'm experiencing it. Curiously, it doesn't seem to affect ALL forsaken, just some. Training Stalwart will result in the glitch on this save.

Reactions: BerglorMan94
3.80 star(s) 54 Votes