Atacama

Jul 13, 2019
I've been trying to follow how to play this game, but have been having difficulty getting the concepts down. I decided it might be a good idea to try following the "Day 1-12 Guide.txt" file that came with the Portraits-full download. I unpacked the Resplendent Tones.par file and imported it into the game. Once I do that, however, when I hit the Load Game button, nothing happens. If I pick Single Play, I get a randomly generated team to fight and not the Tones.
Additionally, if I quit the game and start it again, it just seems to hang without loading the full game (black screen) as long as the saves.sav file is present.
Can anyone offer any guidance on what I am doing incorrectly? Thank you.

Reactions: Kalloi

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I've been trying to follow how to play this game, but have been having difficulty getting the concepts down. I decided it might be a good idea to try following the "Day 1-12 Guide.txt" file that came with the Portraits-full download. I unpacked the Resplendent Tones.par file and imported it into the game. Once I do that, however, when I hit the Load Game button, nothing happens. If I pick Single Play, I get a randomly generated team to fight and not the Tones.
Additionally, if I quit the game and start it again, it just seems to hang without loading the full game (black screen) as long as the saves.sav file is present.
Subli is right about that team, I’ve talked about it with CSDev about it for a month or two and it seems like the really old team packs aren’t able to import or even able to export properly, CSDev is still working on a fix but in the meantime I did find a workaround by recreating them in the custom chosen maker for campaign mode and was planning on replacing it for the next release of my portrait pack. I’m at work now but later when I get home I will upload the team pack here for you

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
Here it is! One thing to note is that with making them with the campaign mode chosen maker is that I'm only able to export them as a campaign mode team/save so it will be in campaign mode when you import them to the game but other than that they will show up in the same order and have the same pattern so you will be able to follow the guide fully! :D

Kalloi

Mar 20, 2019
I'm planning on adding cheats for Forsaken in this update, so I'll add manual shifting to the list of planned cheats. I'd also like to add an "in-universe" way of shifting Forsaken, but I'm not completely sure how it should work yet.
If it isn't too much trouble I would like an option to shift in the campaign mode too, I don't really use cheat mode outside testing so having a way to do so in normal play would be great even if it's just a placeholder until you have the proper way you want to implement it

• Red Heart
Reactions: BerglorMan94

thecrassdragon

Nov 30, 2018
I'm feeling like an idiot, but I can't for the life of me locate any difficulty setting option anywhere. I've finished one playthrough in single play and it unlocked the cheat menu for that save, but it doesn't seem to have added any other options or anything.

Edit: nevermind, after the millionth search of the thread I found it. Heck of an unintuitive thing though, I really thought I was nuts, there's no keypress for other commands anywhere outside of the combat screen.

Last edited:

zertyx23

Jan 16, 2020
For the campaigns, What I think could be good would be an upgrade to choose from after finishing a city. So even if we don't have the time to train forsaken, we still an upgrade to help. For example, After finishing the first city, we could get the choice to "1 : 1 more point each turn, 2: A guaranteed chosen with a vulnerability break, 3: 10% more circumstance damage with the four basic attacks." Because while I like the achievement concept, It's more for an advanced campaign, same for the forsaken.

Aizion

Jul 26, 2019
I think we should expand on the upgrade a bit, you know to reward players that were able to generate tons of EE near the end game?

There's one upgrade that I really want included into the game;

You know how the game only allows you to focus on 1 Chosen at a time? You basically pick that chosen then choose an action that you want your fodders to do to them.

I want an upgrade that allows you to simultaneously command the fodders to do 2 actions in the same turn instead, or 3 actions in the same turn, 1 for each Chosen. A bit unbalanced but it should be an end-game upgrade.

But if we want it to be balanced then I might suggest to restrict the additional action to only basic actions while the first action allows you to do the surround action, or split it into several upgrades of differing grade, which would mean a lot more coding and description to write.

And I quite like the after-campaign upgrade idea. The only thing this game lack right now is the fact that you don't really have a way to reduce the grind and have to grind a lot to gain some headroom to experiment with the Chosen, I mean there's cheats but having a sense of progression where you gotten powerful enough to toy around with the Chosen's vulnerability is more satisfying than just using cheats. Getting a sense that the Demon Lord is getting more powerful is always a plus

subli

Jul 30, 2020
The upgrade that lets you do a surround action on the turn you surround someone basically does that, and its extremely powerful

Aizion

Jul 26, 2019
Is that comment directed at me, subli?
If so then I think you're misunderstanding me; emphasis on the word simultaneously. I want an upgrade that allows me to take action against 2 or 3 chosen at once instead of the game's current limitation that only allows you to take action against only a single chosen in a single turn

Atacama

Jul 13, 2019
Here it is! One thing to note is that with making them with the campaign mode chosen maker is that I'm only able to export them as a campaign mode team/save so it will be in campaign mode when you import them to the game but other than that they will show up in the same order and have the same pattern so you will be able to follow the guide fully! :D
Thanks for the upload; worked perfectly and does help. I would be interested in seeing a guide for the following turns if and when you have a chance. Appreciate the update for it.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kalloi

subli

Jul 30, 2020
Thanks for the upload; worked perfectly and does help. I would be interested in seeing a guide for the following turns if and when you have a chance. Appreciate the update for it.
If you dig back through my posts I think I made an alternative guide that uses a slightly different approach.

Reactions: Kalloi and Atacama

Tomfooleryer

Dec 20, 2020
I've been trying to follow how to play this game, but have been having difficulty getting the concepts down.
Advice!
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Anyway, that's been my hefty advice for figuring out the game. Reeeeeeeally hoping it helped.

Mage4

Nov 4, 2017
CSdev

Bug report. I've run into an issue where a Chosen will T1 Dignity Break when she is in no danger of hitting 10000 EXPO.

I'm attaching a screenshot. HATE/PLEA/INJU/EXPO was 1330/884/823/457, and the Chosen only has humiliate action going on which added 160 to the EXPO but triggered a T1 Dignity break. There's no way that EXPO will reach 10000 in 6 turns at that point. Also attaching the Vulnerabilities screenshot.

The save file is also attached. To get the same result, start the combat with Wanderer, 3124 (pummel-grind-caress-humiliate), capture Kaya, 3124 on Kaya, Surround Wanderer, 4 (humiliate) on Wanderer, then Surround Kaya. On that surround turn, Wanderer will get T1 dignity break, replicating the screenshot.

Maybe the code is checking if it will hit 10000 Disgust instead of checking for 10000 Expo? If I do humiliate one turn later, that doesn't cause a T1 break, and the four Traumas (fear/disg/pain/sham) will end up at 10.7k/9803/9224/17.4k (which, with one more turn, would put disg above 10000 but pain below 10000), and four circumstances will end up at 1330/884/823/1229.

I think this is about the third time I've seen this bug. This was really being a nuisance in my distortion runs, and hopefully this helps track this bug down. Thank you for your work always!

Last edited:

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
If it isn't too much trouble I would like an option to shift in the campaign mode too, I don't really use cheat mode outside testing so having a way to do so in normal play would be great even if it's just a placeholder until you have the proper way you want to implement it
Yes, I suppose that as long as there isn't a way to do it "legitimately," Forsaken shifting should be something that you don't have to turn on cheat mode to use. I won't put it behind the cheat toggle for now.
For the campaigns, What I think could be good would be an upgrade to choose from after finishing a city. So even if we don't have the time to train forsaken, we still an upgrade to help. For example, After finishing the first city, we could get the choice to "1 : 1 more point each turn, 2: A guaranteed chosen with a vulnerability break, 3: 10% more circumstance damage with the four basic attacks." Because while I like the achievement concept, It's more for an advanced campaign, same for the forsaken.
I have some plans along these lines. The idea would be that you'd get to pick one from among a small random selection of bonuses, and the bonuses offered would give you incentive to change your overall corruption strategy from campaign to campaign. Not sure how exactly to implement it, but I do like the idea and I am thinking about where it might fit.
I think we should expand on the upgrade a bit, you know to reward players that were able to generate tons of EE near the end game?

There's one upgrade that I really want included into the game;

You know how the game only allows you to focus on 1 Chosen at a time? You basically pick that chosen then choose an action that you want your fodders to do to them.

I want an upgrade that allows you to simultaneously command the fodders to do 2 actions in the same turn instead, or 3 actions in the same turn, 1 for each Chosen. A bit unbalanced but it should be an end-game upgrade.

But if we want it to be balanced then I might suggest to restrict the additional action to only basic actions while the first action allows you to do the surround action, or split it into several upgrades of differing grade, which would mean a lot more coding and description to write.

And I quite like the after-campaign upgrade idea. The only thing this game lack right now is the fact that you don't really have a way to reduce the grind and have to grind a lot to gain some headroom to experiment with the Chosen, I mean there's cheats but having a sense of progression where you gotten powerful enough to toy around with the Chosen's vulnerability is more satisfying than just using cheats. Getting a sense that the Demon Lord is getting more powerful is always a plus
The main issue is that in order to be balanced (applying actions to multiple Chosen at once is indeed very powerful), the costs would need to continue to grow exponentially, and at that point you aren't getting that much Evil Energy before the end of the loop unless you're already using cheats. I do have some very powerful grind-reducing abilities planned, but they're going to be tied to the achievement system.
I wonder what the quality of life will be when 33 drops? :unsure:
I ended up writing more for the new Forsaken passive training system than I had originally planned, so I haven't had as much time as I had hoped for coding the QoL stuff. We'll see how much I can squeeze into the next couple of days. I might end up making the next update a broad-focus one so I can finish the rest.
CSdev

Bug report. I've run into an issue where a Chosen will T1 Dignity Break when she is in no danger of hitting 10000 EXPO.

I'm attaching a screenshot. HATE/PLEA/INJU/EXPO was 1330/884/823/457, and the Chosen only has humiliate action going on which added 160 to the EXPO but triggered a T1 Dignity break. There's no way that EXPO will reach 10000 in 6 turns at that point. Also attaching the Vulnerabilities screenshot.

The save file is also attached. To get the same result, start the combat with Wanderer, 3124 (pummel-grind-caress-humiliate), capture Kaya, 3124 on Kaya, Surround Wanderer, 4 (humiliate) on Wanderer, then Surround Kaya. On that surround turn, Wanderer will get T1 dignity break, replicating the screenshot.

Maybe the code is checking if it will hit 10000 Disgust instead of checking for 10000 Expo? If I do humiliate one turn later, that doesn't cause a T1 break, and the four Traumas (fear/disg/pain/sham) will end up at 10.7k/9803/9224/17.4k (which, with one more turn, would put disg above 10000 but pain below 10000), and four circumstances will end up at 1330/884/823/1229.

I think this is about the third time I've seen this bug. This was really being a nuisance in my distortion runs, and hopefully this helps track this bug down. Thank you for your work always!
This isn't strictly a bug, but it's a design decision that might not have aged very well. Basically, she sees that she's in danger of hitting 10k HATE, and because hiding both protects against that and also mitigates the Humiliate that she's already receiving, she decides to do it. This logic worked well in the early versions where players were pretty much always going for all the breaks, but it makes less sense now. I'm thinking about having them stop considering damage types which aren't currently being inflicted in the next version.

Tomfooleryer

Dec 20, 2020
I was today years old when I found out you can't pm someone here without actually posting like, 5 things. Here's the save for the blog convo where my Forsaken keep wandering out of the breeding pits. Tenacious little buggers.

Reactions: BerglorMan94

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
I was today years old when I found out you can't pm someone here without actually posting like, 5 things. Here's the save for the blog convo where my Forsaken keep wandering out of the breeding pits. Tenacious little buggers.
Thank you for posting this! I was able to narrow down where the bug was happening. The problem was that new loops in campaign mode are effectively treated as new "saves," and the copying over of the current roster and sacrifice list was happening when the city was generated, rather than when the player moves to the new city. It should be fixed in the next version.

Also, congrats on reaching Loop 10. That's as far as I went in my own playtesting of the game, and it's planned that players will have access to other powerful Forsaken species in order to make it to that point, so getting there with normals and superiors alone is quite impressive!

3.80 star(s) 54 Votes