mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Minor bug encountered (though it completely locks the game).

If you enable cheats, start a new campaign, cheat all the upgrades for yourself, then examine the first Chosen's data sheet, it locks everything up. I assume it's a UI thing of looking up a character you haven't encountered yet.

Speaking of, normally campaigns immediately start with a battle, but if you enable cheat mode first then that is not the case, why is that?
Same reason you don't immediatly start with a battle when you start a new loop with a sacrificed forsaken: you might want to do some things before the start of the battle

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
This game really has the potential to become the next erotohk of text based games.

It's super good.

Kira77

Jun 2, 2017
This game really has the potential to become the next erotohk of text based games.

It's super good.
That would mean that you could play as a female character with ALOT of customization, since eraTohoK allows you to pick quite alot of different traits and stuff for your character.

Plus alot of content focused on your single character, who can just roam around and slut herself away on events without using other characters inbetween rounds.

Trickstar

Jun 2, 2018
That would mean that you could play as a female character with ALOT of customization, since eraTohoK allows you to pick quite alot of different traits and stuff for your character.
Well this game is still In development and even if it only only stays as male protag it can still have the potential with the way its going imo. Still though it would be tough to get to those heights. This game is quite fun though and hope to see it get even better.

Jul 14, 2018
Trying out the medium level of violence, there are still some refferences to broken bones:

brokenbones.png

and a typo:
(force orgasm+, medium violence)

typo3.png

Last edited:

dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Release 36:
  • Content: The default violence option now contains less extreme content. The old content remains accessible in the new high violence setting.
  • Content: When starting a new game in campaign mode, the player will be granted one of eight items, each with its own gameplay-affecting ability. Previously-seen items can be viewed using the Archive on the main menu.
  • Content: Added new introduction scenes for Chosen who start a loop with Core Vulnerability Breaks.
  • Content: Replaced the old default portraits for Crown, Basis, and generic horsegirls. The old portraits can still be found in the Legacy pack linked in the blog sidebar.
  • Content: Added one new vignette.
  • Interface: A new sidebar has been added which displays Chosen combat stats during combat. Once Psychic Reading has been purchased, the sidebar will display overall corruption status while out of combat.
  • Interface: The F11 key can now be used to toggle borderless fullscreen for the game.
  • Other: Returning Chosen in campaign mode who suffered a Core Distortion during a prior loop will now go through the Core Distortion post-battle scene with their new team as well.
  • Other: Added information about the bonuses of Distorted Forsaken to the Forsaken reference file.
  • Bugfix: Chosen who start a loop with Core Vulnerability Breaks will now immediately gain the proper relationship points with the corresponding Minor Vulnerability Chosen.
  • Bugfix: Using the Forsaken Tempt action during the final battle will no longer improperly reset the target's HATE and INJU before the PLEA defeat threshold has been reached.
  • Bugfix: Cheating to change a Forsaken's species will no longer get stuck on Superior.
  • Bugfix: Changing an existing campaign custom Chosen's species will no longer cause all changes starting at that point to fail to be saved.
  • Bugfix: Returning Chosen from previous loops in campaign mode will no longer be counted twice for achievement purposes.
I might need to go back and re-review CS if devs keep making changes I called for.
Keep it up

atheistcanuck

Oct 16, 2017
apparently managed to break a t2 vulnerability without the t1 being shown as broken?

Save file attached if it helps?

Jul 14, 2018
apparently managed to break a t2 vulnerability without the t1 being shown as broken?
Working as intended, as previously mentioned in the thread.

Unless I'm mistaken, the tiers have specific requirements and you can get the next one without having had the previous one.

mathiau

Aug 4, 2020
Working as intended, as previously mentioned in the thread.

Unless I'm mistaken, the tiers have specific requirements and you can get the next one without having had the previous one.
Except for T4 which require the girl to use their T3 action multiple times. (also breaking the T3 of a core vulnerability will break the T1 and T2 of both the girl with said core vulnerability and the one with the associated minor vulnerability)

dekeche

Aug 5, 2018
Items are certainly an interesting bonus. It's going to be interesting seeing how they work during the campaign. I think Inferno Pepper might be the most game-changing one, as it basically lets you field a 2 turn, single capture commander for free. I'm not sure how useful it'd be, but I can imagine that the boosted angst would be helpful early on.

I'm not sure how useful the once-per cycle 10k damage ones will be, but I can imagine that they could be extremely helpful against advanced species of chosen.

Unicorn Lard could also be interesting. New chosen typically join in on day 3, and day 7. But with Unicorn Lard, and Forsaken, you can skip day 4, and trigger a new chosen early on day 5. Which lets you start getting EE generation from all three a lot earlier than normal. Plus an extra point or 2 of bonus EE early on could be interesting.

Inevitability is an interesting one. Trading 1 EE generation for an extra 10x damage with your basic actions. That's basically a guarentied 4 turn surround on at least one chosen per combat, possibly 2 if you get enough time to do it. I'll have to experiment to see if that's worth it.

Tomorrow's Newspaper is perhaps the least interesting of the items. Being able to field a 3/2 commander early on could be interesting, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Might be worth it, but I tend to want to save my points for the full 4/2 commander on day 12. Not sure an earlier commander that's likely only to result in one 3 turn surround and a few more 2 turn surrounds is worth it.

Aug 27, 2020
Why does this game actually require me to use my brain to get to the sexy bits? I was expecting to get off not actually make strategies on how to beat magical girls as badly as possible

theirl

Jul 25, 2018
Why does this game actually require me to use my brain to get to the sexy bits? I was expecting to get off not actually make strategies on how to beat magical girls as badly as possible
u dont need to use your brain with u just use a guide for early game and save scum/brute force mid game
1669895178262.png

CSdev

Game Developer
Oct 14, 2020
Well, now that you mention it, could you list some of the stuff you're planning in the long run? Or short, for that matter? For example, I recall you mentioning undead but the phrasing made it sound as though that's not coming too soon, and you're already working on UI.

Soooooo, you know, whatcha got in the pipeline, if you don't mind me asking? I promise I won't take vague plans as promises for future content either!
I'll be going into more detail in my weekly SubscribeStar post, but the short version is that I want to add a bunch more items which can show up during campaign play and I want to further expand the custom sex scene system in preparation for threesomes and group sex in general. Undead Chosen also shouldn't be that far off - my target date for implementing them is the January 30 release. After that, I want to start adding "boss" Chosen.
I'll keep my eyes open for any other typos. It's pretty well written, so it isn't easy ;)
One thing I was wondering is whether chosen are pre-generated or generated on the fly. Like if you meet a Whisper, will she have the same stats/breaks or is different each time?
The way that random Chosen are generated is that they get a 0-100 score for Morality, Innocence, Confidence, and Dignity, and these scores affect how much trauma vs. circumstance damage they take. Minor is 0-33, Significant is 34-66, and Core is 67-100 (which means that even if two Chosen have all the same Vulnerabilities, they can actually be pretty different to fight). The names are picked by looking at which stat is highest, which is lowest, which of the remaining two is further from 50, and whether that one is above 50 or below 50. So, two Chosen with the same name can have different Core/Significant/Minor distributions, and two Chosen with the same Core/Significant/Minor distribution can have different names. But the name can sometimes tell you more than the Core/Significant/Minor distribution when it comes to how they should be fought (e.g. a Highest Confidence name will tend to be more resistant to INJU than another name, even if both have Core Confidence).
Weird bug report:

I also had a weird instance recently where I had a honey and axiom that used each other's portrait directories for some reason. I was able to rectify it, but I'm 100% certain it was like that (I was surprised to meet a honey with axiom portrait, but it was weird when the next revealed chosen was an axiom with honey portrait). I'm also 100% they didn't use other directories because all portrait directories are uniquely different, unlike base game.

It was a campaign run and I had 6 forsaken at that point, one of which was also honey (who was also bait, so honey was honey's sister).

May not be the most important bug, but may cause other issues in the future, so I thought I'd report it.
Were they twin sisters? This sounds like a bug in the code that tries to give the same portrait to twins. I'll take another look at it.
Ah, okay. Just wanted to know if there was a catch in there somewhere for additional portraits - such as for some scene if it checked for cry.png but found nothing and so fetched sadness.png instead.

In that case I'll focus efforts towards civilian, bestial, forsaken, etc. portraits.
The portrait system is coded so that it wouldn't be too hard to add extra portraits like that, but considering how hard it's been to even fill out the existing nine-portraits-per-personality-gender-species-Forsaken-transformation combination, I worry that it'd just end up as bloat.
Small oversight/bug--the hint relating to what is "random" is no longer correct, as your starting item is now also randomized.
Oops, good catch.
Minor bug encountered (though it completely locks the game).

If you enable cheats, start a new campaign, cheat all the upgrades for yourself, then examine the first Chosen's data sheet, it locks everything up. I assume it's a UI thing of looking up a character you haven't encountered yet.

Speaking of, normally campaigns immediately start with a battle, but if you enable cheat mode first then that is not the case, why is that?

EDIT : Apparently happens even if I've encountered them.
There are a couple of ways to get locked in the new version. You can't go back to main menu from "customize" either.
Customization is broken again, can't quit out of it.
Also I completed customization to the point where it created a save file and it broke all saves. Can't continue a game or load a customized team.
These should be fixed in Release 36b, which I uploaded to the blog last night. Saves which became unloadable should also start working fine again in 36b. In general, I'd recommend downloading the game from the blog, because that's guaranteed to always be the most up-to-date. There's a reason that I don't put it behind a paywall.

It's super good.
Thank you for saying so! eragames were probably the biggest single inspiration when I was designing this. The custom sex scene system still needs work, but you can play as a female (with or without a penis) and the customization options are slowly being added.
Trying out the medium level of violence, there are still some refferences to broken bones:

View attachment 2205090

and a typo:
(force orgasm+, medium violence)

View attachment 2205108
Thanks for catching these. I skimmed the thread before uploading 36b last night and managed to get fixes to these included in that as well.
the inevitability item feels outrageously strong. I don't ever bother to turn it off
Items are certainly an interesting bonus. It's going to be interesting seeing how they work during the campaign. I think Inferno Pepper might be the most game-changing one, as it basically lets you field a 2 turn, single capture commander for free. I'm not sure how useful it'd be, but I can imagine that the boosted angst would be helpful early on.

I'm not sure how useful the once-per cycle 10k damage ones will be, but I can imagine that they could be extremely helpful against advanced species of chosen.

Unicorn Lard could also be interesting. New chosen typically join in on day 3, and day 7. But with Unicorn Lard, and Forsaken, you can skip day 4, and trigger a new chosen early on day 5. Which lets you start getting EE generation from all three a lot earlier than normal. Plus an extra point or 2 of bonus EE early on could be interesting.

Inevitability is an interesting one. Trading 1 EE generation for an extra 10x damage with your basic actions. That's basically a guarentied 4 turn surround on at least one chosen per combat, possibly 2 if you get enough time to do it. I'll have to experiment to see if that's worth it.

Tomorrow's Newspaper is perhaps the least interesting of the items. Being able to field a 3/2 commander early on could be interesting, but I'm not sure if it's worth it. Might be worth it, but I tend to want to save my points for the full 4/2 commander on day 12. Not sure an earlier commander that's likely only to result in one 3 turn surround and a few more 2 turn surrounds is worth it.
Thank you for the feedback! I want to avoid commenting on the item balance myself for awhile, because I don't want to contaminate the first impression people have of which items are stronger or weaker. But I'm very interested in hearing people's experiences so that I can take them into account as I work on balancing these items and future items.

Microface

Aug 10, 2021
Idk what at I'm doing, when I deploy a forsaken they just seen like a worse demon. How do I use them effectively?

3.80 star(s) 55 Votes