deversari

Oct 5, 2017
Anyway, I hope they fix the bug in his current version that resets items as soon as possible. It's not too bad to me at the point I'm at in the game, but the game keeping track of items is a major game element of rpgs.
2023 and it still hasn't been fixed.

descil

Oct 21, 2019
The /hgg/ mod has a mega folder right? Someone should link it here because it's been too long since I checked up on it and don't relish the thought of digging through those bunkers again to find where it's hiding currently.

Sasquatch421

Nov 10, 2017
The /hgg/ mod has a mega folder right? Someone should link it here because it's been too long since I checked up on it and don't relish the thought of digging through those bunkers again to find where it's hiding currently.
The mega link you're looking for is post #372 on page 19 of this thread.

• Red Heart
Reactions: descil

All Things are Lies

Jul 21, 2018
I'm too lazy and decrepit of a creature to look through this forum, but if anyone has the time to do so, could they tell me about the mods for this game and what they do? Feel free to call me a little rat for not reading the rest of this thread.

Reactions: ArtsyAnthony

Febui

May 6, 2022
free to call me a little rat for not reading the rest of this thread.
I feel for you. I'll give you what I know.
The base game in the OP is useless, all mods already have the vanilla content packaged into them.
Revamp was renamed Unofficial Expanded Edition (UEE) because Fenoxo and Savin were disgusted by how garbage it is and so Kitteh put "unofficial" in the name.
fixes a lot of the spelling and coding errors in UEE and adds a bunch of content on top of it. There are toggles to disable kinks you don't like, but it does contain loli. You can turn it off, at least.
Xianxia is a heavily chinese-light-novel inspired version with lots of big big big numbers and super mega moves of dealing 15 attacks for 6000 damage each with your dual-wielded gigantic whips and soulforce energy blast ascend to the heavens move. Also every OC added to it is 10 feet tall, extremely prideful, and will never join you unless you lose to them in a fight, sating their ego that is even larger than they are. The English quality is pretty low.
Prison Mod is extremely old and never got finished, but offers a bit of a minigame experience of being a prisoner that is getting beaten into submission so they can be a pet slave.
Endless Journey is, in theory, another eastern light novel inspired mod like Xianxia, but with an immensely better codebase. I have not found a playable version, it looks like it is barely worked on.

All Things are Lies

Jul 21, 2018
I feel for you. I'll give you what I know.
The base game in the OP is useless, all mods already have the vanilla content packaged into them.
Revamp was renamed Unofficial Expanded Edition (UEE) because Fenoxo and Savin were disgusted by how garbage it is and so Kitteh put "unofficial" in the name.
HGG fixes a lot of the spelling and coding errors in UEE and adds a bunch of content on top of it. There are toggles to disable kinks you don't like, but it does contain loli. You can turn it off, at least.
Xianxia is a heavily chinese-light-novel inspired version with lots of big big big numbers and super mega moves of dealing 15 attacks for 6000 damage each with your dual-wielded gigantic whips and soulforce energy blast ascend to the heavens move. Also every OC added to it is 10 feet tall, extremely prideful, and will never join you unless you lose to them in a fight, sating their ego that is even larger than they are. The English quality is pretty low.
Prison Mod is extremely old and never got finished, but offers a bit of a minigame experience of being a prisoner that is getting beaten into submission so they can be a pet slave.
Endless Journey is, in theory, another eastern light novel inspired mod like Xianxia, but with an immensely better codebase. I have not found a playable version, it looks like it is barely worked on.
So basically just use HGG lmfao

FFFFFACK

Jun 22, 2022
Years later remembered this game existed.
Fenoxo himself made a specific statement about not wanting anyone to think Revamp has his blessing, and I think he quoted the behemoth as part of the garbage.
So, the mod lead dev, Kitteh, threw a HUGE fit, renamed it to UEE, and had one final version with Behemoth still in the game where, if you interact with him, he says some really passive aggressive remarks about how some people just don't like him for petty reasons and he was being removed from the game.
Never thought I'd completely agree with Fenberg on something. I do remember something relevant to this Behemoth thing years ago on a certain mongolian basket weaving forum.

I remember a few players mentioning that Kittehs Behemoth donut steel would say things like how it was fucking the other characters like it was some self-insertion fanfic character. (Course that's because in this particular instance: it was.)
I recall a few were particularly annoyed about some comments regarding the Yuugi Hoshiguma-expy: Izumi. My memory fails me if this was the only character it spoke of fucking or not, but I can't say I disagree with their stance honestly as she was one of the few characters that could qualify as a "waifu" in this game filled with mostly extremely promiscuous NPCs.
Naturally none of the characters the Behemoth OC spoke of fucking or interacting with had any dialogue related to acknowledging it even existing because they were all written by different people and much earlier which is kind of a red flag in terms of writing in a game whose main selling point is text+lewd and honestly it comes off as someone inserting an OC directly in the game via mod just to attempt to forcefully establish "canon" relationshits with other writer(s) characters that were originally intended for the player character to fug. Mind you from my perspective it just kind of left me thinking that Kitteh may have been kind of oblivious to how some players might react to that. There were likely other problems with his character but this is the one that stuck out to me.

At the time I supported simply removing or altering the relevant bad writing to omit other established character alteration attempts.
Some suggested adding dialogue that implied the Behemoth was either delusional or lying.
A few even wanted to write an edgy kill response for it that would remove it from the game, unfortunately that sort of thing usually doesn't work out positively in the long haul as that kind of just reinforces the bad writing you're responding to by taking it seriously instead of ignoring it or directly contradicting its existence.

Hearing that Kitteh had their character making passive aggressive remarks on how some people don't like their OC instead of just fixing the issues people had with it, that particular part is news to me though. Sounds funny TBH.
Well, some also wanted the character just deleted entirely and apparently Kitteh went with that.

TL;DR: The character existed in its own vacuum and said stupid shit akin to "I FUGGED (OTHER WRITERS CHARACTERS NAME)." The Behemoth was not brought up by literally any other character and not particularly liked by people playing the game probably because they were invested in those other characters his OC claimed to be fucking.

Kind of unrelated, but this reminded me that around the same time there was a hilarious short read floating around involving Urta whining about their magic dong issues in a tavern and the MC fixing their problem in the most obvious way with a meat cleaver.

Last edited:

Febui

May 6, 2022
Kind of unrelated, but this reminded me that around the same time there was a hilarious short read floating around involving Urta whining about their magic dong issues in a tavern and the MC fixing their problem in the most obvious way with a meat cleaver.
And then the whole bar clapped, as did the people in it.

• Haha
Reactions: FFFFFACK
May 26, 2020
Some suggested adding dialogue that implied the Behemoth was either delusional or lying.
I'll be honest that was just what I assumed when I encountered that character. The new knowledge that this was meant to be unironic makes it really cringe in hindsight

4.90 star(s) 15 Votes