Feb 5, 2018
From a mechanics point of view, I can get behind the introduction of the level cap raise (from 6 to 10) and the consumables (Stat boost). The former feels necessary once you get roam the Undermountain while the latter makes earning gold meaningful.
I think it was said the level cap was going to be increased next year and the undermountain was a level 7 zone? Anyone that needs the stat boosts are either lazy and want to spam through fights even more than they already can in this game (I rarely pay much attention in fights in the undermountain) or just bad.
Okay, taking the whole Savinsaga aside for a moment to ask about latest patch. Is Bakery utterly empty? Cause in patchnotes its listed next to Inn, and that got 4 nice scenes with innkeeper. So one would thought that in patch named "A Little Something Sweet" there would be some content in there. While whole bakery shtick seems to get(hidden behind one time encounter, mind you) cow to eat cake, cow likes cake in about 3 lines of text. 3 different foods for champ, 3 another lines. Am I dumb or is it all? That's less text than some terrain blurbs.
It probably is just meant to get you fat in contrast to the gym? I wouldn't be surprised if that's it.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: silentangel
Jul 22, 2019
Anyone that needs the stat boosts are either lazy and want to spam through fights even more than they already can in this game
Yes, this is basically the point. Combat in these games is ass, anything that lets you ignore it even more is good.

Probably Tobs, in his infinite wisdom, uses the smell of ash to portray the anguish and trauma of a burn victim in the same way an amateur chef finds out that his bacon is little bit too crispy.
It really just makes me think she hasn't washed since getting the scars tbh. No wonder no-one else wants her.

Reactions: silentangel

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
I tried it for the Quint's scene and it's more about you telling Quint how "great" he is than about actually fucking that asshole.
Wew lad. That's a shocker, but /vg/ was on point and knocked sense into him.

Another case of Discord poisoning the well, though. That's disconcerting.
The Discord and the forums are nothing but sycophants. They could write literal dogshit and those people would eat it up no questions asked.

This creates a weird writing culture where I assume it's easy to get tunnel vision and not realize that you're writing, well, shit.

I can only assume Tobs writes dogshit like Ryn's opening speech because he constantly gets "omg your shit so deep I love ur poetry" stuff on the forums. It encourages that behaviour.

A.HK

Aug 27, 2018
Hm, so that's why Ryn got disjointed so suddenly. Could have sworn they wrote some romantic stuff too, but am I mistaken again?
Yes, they did. They also said something like “Variety is the death of depth”, which translates as “I don’t wanna write something that does not match my vision of the character and her relationship with the MC".
That’s why the low-confidence Ryn is almost abandoned and why we are not gonna get a choice of Ryn becoming shestud or not.
Because who is gonna read all that clearly incredible Ryn’s harem stuff, if we just would be able to get a child with the help of Lumia/adopt someone.

rat.png

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Daddums and Fiz1247

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
He's definitely much more competent at this than the bizarre half thought through drama he tends to write (and most of his sex scenes, guy is like a thesaurus that only takes definitions from urban dictionary), though I can't stand the way he writes villains personally.
They're all so incredibly lacking in charisma or intimidation, and one only even works because it forces the champ to be a retard and just not stop them for some reason.

That being said, dumb tropey villains are still a huge step up from dumb tropey melodramatic NPCs we're forced to care about, or sex scenes that involve someone crying the whole time and smelling like ash (because they're a burn victim, and that's how scars work apparently).
What, you've never fucked away someone's traumas before?

WazaQQXOXO

Jul 10, 2021
I think it was said the level cap was going to be increased next year and the undermountain was a level 7 zone? Anyone that needs the stat boosts are either lazy and want to spam through fights even more than they already can in this game (I rarely pay much attention in fights in the undermountain) or just bad.
It could be, I stopped paying attention to their discord ages ago. Still, the star boost make sense : foes get a stat increase, why the MC should be a grunt despite rampaging left and right?

Jul 22, 2019
It's like he took a look at Katawa Shoujo's Hanako and then proceeded to go hard on the 'burn victim' aspect without actually considering what made her a solid character to begin with.
Oh yeah I think that goes completely without saying lol, though it is a really weird choice to try to replicate that game, or that trope in general honestly, it's an absolute nightmare to write disabled or severely traumatized people in romance stuff without coming across terribly.
I've just got no idea how some of the specifics of her scenes didn't get caught, assuming there's a review process of some kind.

What, you've never fucked away someone's traumas before?
Well, highschool me certainly tried at least. Maybe the bad metaphors are what makes it work?

Reactions: RenH

A.HK

Aug 27, 2018
It's like he took a look at Katawa Shoujo's Hanako and then proceeded to go hard on the 'burn victim' aspect without actually considering what made her a solid character to begin with.
I think he took more from Teaching Feeling's Sylvie. All that patting in Rindo's first sex scene.
Doesn't make "fuck away the trauma" aspect better, nonetheless.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
" As much as I enjoy talking with my base on Discord, it's tough to get a real critiques out of them - usually when I ask for criticism I got responses like "you made me love your characters too much." Which, like, I appreciate the sentiment, but I'd also like to know if there's an area I can improve on. I'm aware that every time I post here I run the risk of being called a slur or whatever, but at the same time, anons tend to have better suggestions for what direction content should go, such as the Berry x Matiha stuff. "
-B

I'm actually surprised. He criticizes his Discord as being a hugbox. Even answers legitimate criticism amongst all the moron 4channer spastic screaming.

If only Tobs would do the same, but he would absolutely be vitriolic if he went to 4chan or come here.

RenH

Nov 5, 2020
I can only assume Tobs writes dogshit like Ryn's opening speech because he constantly gets "omg your shit so deep I love ur poetry" stuff on the forums. It encourages that behaviour.
Never underestimate the desperation of a degenerate starved for the content they crave. People that worship his writings are no different than those spamming 'UPDATE PLZ' on the lowest quality piece of fanfiction just because it caters to a ship they like.

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
Yeah, pretty sure they did Ryn's nursing scene where they nurse a lactating PC's tits. They seem to do a lot of lovey dovey scenes or at least scenes on the sweeter side. <-- Link to their page that lists their work.

And Alypia has stated before that they are one of the only writers for the game (not on the team but who submits stuff semi regularly? i think?) that plays a female PC with no dick. I hoped that this would mean they'd throw us masculine male-lovers a bone but nah, they seem very into futas (and fems) - hence all the Ryn dicking them stuff.
Aly is a lesbian.

Reactions: Bootyman

Kallisto

Jun 6, 2019
And considering that most of his content will probably revolve around his "bull" appeal where you bring other girls to him? While you may like idea of being his number one and him getting "harem girls" (it is still not directly confirmed if that is happening), I would like if he could ask us once if he could milk us or go down on us on his own accord.
We will have to agree to disagree but I just wanted to point out this part. I said there was talk of being able to either marry Brint OR build a harem for him. And considering I was going on about how Brint's content doesn't make you feel like you're just one fuck buddy among many, I thought it was obvious I would choose the marriage route. And I assume - since it's Wsan and he's a bit more sensible - that choosing wanting to marry Brint doesn't mean you want to go all in on his "bull" persona with other npcs. I assume the two will be mutually exclusive paths or you'll at least get the choice to say yes or no to the harem. Not sure how you mixed up my intentions.

Basically, I like Brint despite his fuck around tendencies and not because of it. Due to the way Wsan writes his content, it gives me hope for more exclusive scenes with Brint later on. And also, I'm more attracted to masculine males. Companionwise, Brint is literally my only choice (no I do not believe Quin fits this with all the talk of his fat ass and thighs, even though you can't top him).
Yes, they did. They also said something like “Variety is the death of depth”, which translates as “I don’t wanna write something that does not match my vision of the character and her relationship with the MC".
When I read this in that thread, I was very disappointed. It reminds me of Tobs who talked about in FoE where someone gave 4-5 choices of how to deal with the villain of the burrow but the villain's wife shot down every choice except the one where he lives, you just imprison him. People were mad. And from that, Tobs figured that it was better to not give players any choice at all. There HAS to be something in the middle between writing variations, tfs, player background checks, fetishes, etc that cater to literally everyone and giving players the option to read your railroaded content or fuck off.
Aly is a lesbian.
Who still likes futas or at least writing sex scenes with them. So I guess it's the feminine aspect that they enjoy and not just "has dick/doesn't has dick". But I didn't know that, there goes my hopes and dreams once again.

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
I'm sure some people are more than happy Ryn is male ;)
Is the other way actually, many of the general asked why we can't dedick or transform Ryn if the setting is transform at our will, corrupt or even enslave a potential companion. Also after Winter City, many got the whiff that Savin was going to plot a stupid way to insert his cuckoldry fetish.

This lad is the main writer / team leader /creator of the game. Not an intern, not a secretary, not one dev,but the dude in charge of overseeing the whole project. Nothing should happen without him stepping in. Yet we end up with Bubs and Tobs.
You miss that the license was made by Fenoxo and he left Savin in charge while he focused on solving and developing TiTS, and if am I not wrong he posted in the forum that he if needed could intervene if he detected that the game was going south (He needs cash though). Still, I get your point. I know that I mustn't under estimate, but after this long haul Savin has done nothing to improve the game but adding dead end characters and breaking what CoC was to begin with.
If only Tobs would do the same, but he would absolutely be vitriolic if he went to 4chan or come here.
Is impossible. The Sperg in Chief can't recieve any criticism, and if done he'll double down on it just out of spite. the guy is insufferable. He doesn't cares aboutwhat he writes, but the shock and the pleasure he gets for torturing the player. Man, even Savin had to leash him into the team just to stop his rampages of his hatred to the paypigs (patreon) and the players in general.

In the end The game essence was power fantasy, but doing that meant to the "problematic" writers that their OC's was going meat to the wolves (us). So they sanitized and restricted our influence not only lorewise, but in gameplay as well.

Reactions: Daddums and Fiz1247

Daken9

Apr 28, 2017
When I read this in that thread, I was very disappointed. It reminds me of Tobs who talked about in FoE where someone gave 4-5 choices of how to deal with the villain of the burrow but the villain's wife shot down every choice except the one where he lives, you just imprison him. People were mad. And from that, Tobs figured that it was better to not give players any choice at all. There HAS to be something in the middle between writing variations, tfs, player background checks, fetishes, etc that cater to literally everyone and giving players the option to read your railroaded content or fuck off.
That's just Tobs being Tobs. If you remove him from the equation, i think it's just plain laziness and... CoC2 writing. Stuff like the centaur village, and the orc tribe, and the Wayfort are all railroaded as shit and yet have all barely any content even if you do follow the rails.

Seems to me like Savin just forces his way and virtually no one (himself included) but Tobs is willing to build on it. Which, of course, landed us shit like the grooming temple, so maybe nothing would be better than something in this case.

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
Is the other way actually, many of the general asked why we can't dedick or transform Ryn if the setting is transform at our will, corrupt or even enslave a potential companion. Also after Winter City, many got the whiff that Savin was going to plot a stupid way to insert his cuckoldry fetish.

You miss that the license was made by Fenoxo and he left Savin in charge while he focused on solving and developing TiTS, and if am I not wrong he posted in the forum that he if needed could intervene if he detected that the game was going south (He needs cash though). Still, I get your point. I know that I mustn't under estimate, but after this long haul Savin has done nothing to improve the game but adding dead end characters and breaking what CoC was to begin with.

Is impossible. The Sperg in Chief can't recieve any criticism, and if done he'll double down on it just out of spite. the guy is insufferable. He doesn't cares aboutwhat he writes, but the shock and the pleasure he gets for torturing the player. Man, even Savin had to leash him into the team just to stop his rampages of his hatred to the paypigs (patreon) and the players in general.

In the end The game essence was power fantasy, but doing that meant to the "problematic" writers that their OC's was going meat to the wolves (us). So they sanitized and restricted our influence not only lorewise, but in gameplay as well.
I am sure you are right and know what you talk about. But honestly I have no idea what exactly you said as my mind protects itself from grasping this cthulhuesque madness.

King_Ogre

May 18, 2021
I am sure you are right and know what you talk about. But honestly I have no idea what exactly you said as my mind protects itself from grasping this cthulhuesque madness.
Because I have played since the beginning of CoC man. I know how the first game was, and the pain in the ass was Savin while he worked with Fen. The hellhound drama, you name it.

Savin was almost not existant in the first game that when Fenoxo quoted certain scenes was with the title Savin?* or Probably Savin?* After the axing of CoC (we never knew the fate or the end of some Characters) and what happened with the Champion (Canonically Savin tells us that he got corrupted and Mareth went kaput). But this "second part" (if we can call it that) is nothing comparedagaisnt the first title where corruption was a bad end but it had its benefits. And the plot was to corrupt or not corrupt everything (You could enslave Urta's town and make it a hub for demons) or go full pure run.

In CoC 2 we are nothing but the fuckbuddy (Toy) of a cat fallen princess (Whore) which is constantly meddling on our affairs and we can't get rid of her because it means the need having a steady supply of potions that could or could not work because our initiative is bad enough to make the enemy attack twice and kill us on a single combo. (Yes, the gameplay is broken AF).

-Corruption is nothing but a bar to show how close of bad end you are (nothing else, doesn't means that you can go and corrupt hawkethorne, the centaurs or marefolk) means nothing get corruption build up.

-Companions? Pfffttt! You're a thirdwheel or worse. just a fuck buddy. Basically, you're a dildo with legs and a hole to fill if you are swinging to the other walkway.

-Plot. Like some guys replied to me before, there are some that are solid and other that doesn't. And after we have the Sperg in Chief. Which his attitude aside and constant sperging he's a decent writer but bad to develop a good setting.

CoC 2 has the huge potential to make a good game about corruption and sex, but idk. where we deviated from good plot and smut to just nonsensical smut and twitter drama. :HideThePain:

2.90 star(s) 103 Votes