Skandranon

Nov 28, 2016
Does Quin have shit writing?
Because I would go so far as to say the writing that I've seen of him is pretty good.

As in, he acts exactly like the kinda guy that would join a creepy sex cult to learn roofie magic.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
Does Quin have shit writing?
Because I would go so far as to say the writing that I've seen of him is pretty good.

As in, he acts exactly like the kinda guy that would join a creepy sex cult to learn roofie magic.
No no, not bad writing.
Like they're that good at making him a shit of a person.
That's why I call it shit writing.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
No no, not bad writing.
Like they're that good at making him a shit of a person.
That's why I call it shit writing.
That would not be shit writing, but writing shit.
assuming that they were actually intentionally trying to write him as a shit person.

Raf-Raf

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 4, 2019
That would not be shit writing, but writing shit.
assuming that they were actually intentionally trying to write him as a shit person.
Wait a minute, they're not intentionally writing him to be a shit person?
Then it's shit writing, le bad one.

Reactions: mrttao

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
Wait a minute, they're not intentionally writing him to be a shit person?
Then it's shit writing, le bad one.
To clarify, I was asking. I honestly don't know if they do it on purpose or not.
I don't even remember Quin. Since I was pretty apathetic about the male followers.
What with not being gay.

Except Brynt... only because wiki told me I need to temporary have him in the party in order for his awesome sister to appear.

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
If Quint is written intentionally to be disliked then that's good writing, and Bubs did give the option to leave him to his death so maybe? But then again this is Bubbles we are talking about and he really does not seem that deep. Now if only by killing Quin we unlocked Byvernia as a companion... Or Sariel come to think of it since the archer we do get is ruined.

fetishgirl

Jan 13, 2019
I just don't like the guy for story reasons. I have no actual problems with his writing (that I've done).

He's a ex-cultist, which means at some point, he thought the creepy sex cult was a good idea. That gets you a permanent seat on the bench in my game.
I agree with Skandranon on this one if they developed Quin better maybe he had good reasons or if he showed any remorse for his actions. Also Skan defending Bubblelord's writing? Are you in a super generous mood today:unsure:?
I don't disagree though its not really the writing its the setting that is the issue for example you could have made him an orphan that did it out of starvation, could have been abducted from a young age, could have personal beef with a cult member so that he infiltrated to assassinate them out of revenge. Could even be frustration with the current gods for good reasons but left because they were way too extreme for him.Basically the setting currently is he was a former cultist because it seemed cool but left because it wasn't his style. Has given us no information about the cult that is useful, has no friends or family and shows no redeeming qualities not even a good friend or party member. He isn't even unapologitically an evil/corrupt and not give a shit but still be loyal to you because you are less restrictive and more fun to be around. Evil/corrupt characters can be really amusing if done right.

Quin ultimately has no redeeming qualities to sum it up.Loads of females love the 'I can fix him' kind of feel to male characters which Quin doesn't have the lack of depth doesn't help either. As for straight men why would they like him he isn't a bro like Brint doesn't improve the lore or have any hot female friends or family he can set you up with. Instead asks to fuck other women the whole time and offers nothing in return. Monte has already explained well why he doesn't appeal to homosexual/bi men either.

On a final note anyone done Quin preg content is he at least a loving sire/father? I haven't been compelled to do it with my straight female or herm characters.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Now if only by killing Quin we unlocked Byvernia as a companion
disgusting.gif
So replace shit with more shit?

Listen, I love muscular girls. I love rowdy girls. I love when they think they're hot shit and you bring 'em back down to earth. But Byvernia just isn't likable. Maybe Bubbles is incapable of making an appealing character or some shit, I don't know man. All I know is every character he makes is just completely unappealing. Maybe his shitty attitude is part of the reason, no idea.

Honestly if that's actually Bubbles asking, I'd say that's some character development right there. Finding out why people dislike parts of your writing is necessary to improving it, after all. Doing it on a burner account does serve purpose too, since people might filter themselves if talking to Bubbles himself about his own character.

Reactions: fetishgirl

arls120

Sep 12, 2020
We've already had many discussions about Quint around here so I don't think it's worth saying anything more but to clarify as I see it the question of why doesn't straight men like Quint? For me it's a bit silly....... although I suppose it's because he's comparing it to Brint's content, which is more tolerated.

In short, in truth, Quint's writing is not that it is a masterful work, but it is not bad until its writer is improving its content. Quint is cuddly in his pregnancy content if only a very little.

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
That person actually admits to liking Quin and Cait. That alone should put them on the watchlist of at least a dozen 3 letter agencies.
Not gonna lie. him saying he liked cait triggered me
I am literally shaking right now :p

Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
View attachment 2202810
So replace shit with more shit?

Listen, I love muscular girls. I love rowdy girls. I love when they think they're hot shit and you bring 'em back down to earth. But Byvernia just isn't likable. Maybe Bubbles is incapable of making an appealing character or some shit, I don't know man. All I know is every character he makes is just completely unappealing. Maybe his shitty attitude is part of the reason, no idea.

Honestly if that's actually Bubbles asking, I'd say that's some character development right there. Finding out why people dislike parts of your writing is necessary to improving it, after all. Doing it on a burner account does serve purpose too, since people might filter themselves if talking to Bubbles himself about his own character.
To be fair before she'd make a good companion she'd need some character development growing as a person after getting her ass kicked repeatedly by the PC. Maybe a Red Sonjaish finally I've found the one worthy of me, maybe a how is this possible? I must learn this power! *insert evil laughter here* maybe even have the defeats flip a switch in her brain turning her into a subby little bunny. One can dream, and it's not like Bubs is getting another companion cause reasons...

IcemanR

May 1, 2019
To be fair before she'd make a good companion she'd need some character development growing as a person after getting her ass kicked repeatedly by the PC. Maybe a Red Sonjaish finally I've found the one worthy of me, maybe a how is this possible? I must learn this power! *insert evil laughter here* maybe even have the defeats flip a switch in her brain turning her into a subby little bunny. One can dream, and it's not like Bubs is getting another companion cause reasons...
Doesn't she already go full sub during her sex scenes.....

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
What's wrong with Byvernia?
She is what would happen if Arona and Quin had a child. To cocky, not really likable outside of her pregnancy talks (so if you only have vagina she has nothing going for her) and even when we push her shit in, she does not feel all that compelling.

Last edited:
Reactions: fetishgirl
2.90 star(s) 104 Votes