Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
Two 'orcas' shamans, bunny woman in valley (anal only but still), snow tiger in forest (includes 'pegnancy', HYYYYPE), probably someone else who is a 'thick girl that is willing to get bread'....that one single lamia in entire game IIRC. So its nor totally nor new character type for this game.
Thats more of a too much characters problem.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Huh, I though people would be more excited for Lumia.
Well "thick girl that is willing to get bread" usually rocks few boats here and there. But than again, Lumia can not exactly get pregnant so maybe that is what is taking the wind out of its sails.
I was super excited until I realized it was by Gardeford. He can't write jack shit. And that's exactly what's happening with Lumia. Her scenes are so...dumb. Lengthy prose in all the wrong places and too little detail in the actual act of sex that matters. Plus why the fuck does his Lumia confess in the middle of a sex scene to a hero that she talked to for like 10 minutes total.

Had she been handled by a more competent writer, I definitely would have liked her. You're the super special champion breeding goddesses, what's not to like?

But Savin just had to give writing Lumia to the guy who wrote the second least liked companion in the entire fucking game, Atugia. The companion that literally nobody, no fucking body gives a shit about. At least Quin is polarizing, he has a tiny minority that likes him, and others hate him.

Nobody cares about Atugia simply 'cause all of her writing fucking sucks. And to not be remembered at all is worse than being hated.

The guy who wrote that, wrote this super big character that everyone was excited about. Wtf was going through savin's head I wonder.

Edit: Actually, to make a completely uneducated guess, Gardeford probably promised Savin a few Arona x Lumina scenes in return for being able to write her. Also lol at the forced Atugia scenes in the quest. Dude just had to showcase his OC.

Last edited:

Gar1

Nov 5, 2017
Here's probably why.
(This and everything else Lumian written !)
Personally if I see something was written by gardeford, bubs, savin, tobs or skow then I dismiss it instantly and don't even bother reading what it's about in the patch notes. I've been following this game on and off long enough to know that these people couldn't write something decent even if their life depended on it.
If I see something was written by will, B or wsan I at least read what the stuff they wrote is about in the patch notes before 9 times out of 10 dismissing it too cause it's just more shit I'm not into. And if I look at their track record from the last two or so years those 3 are barely any better than the other writers anymore anyways in my opinion.

Sep 20, 2018
Well "thick girl that is willing to get bread" usually rocks few boats here and there. But than again, Lumia can not exactly get pregnant so maybe that is what is taking the wind out of its sails.
Yeah if it came out as a full and/or complete quest,when they decided to introduce/add more Valkyries(Annika) after I'd be more excited

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
meh
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
if we are not the first to impregnate a goddess then it is no longer special...
Holy fuck can we get ONE fucking character that doesn't sleep around and have sex with other people? I am so unbelievably sick of these characters getting boned by someone else. It doesn't even fucking provide anything unless you're jerking off to getting cucked with one sentence. What the fuck is the point of showing us she's pregnant if we're not the ones getting her pregnant? What's the point of her telling us she gets reamed by Valkyries on the regular? These devs have such blatant voyeurism/cuck fetishes, there's literally no getting away from this shit. Holy fuck man I wish this thread went the way of the 4chan one so I wouldn't feel obligated to look at this train-wreck.

Also :KEK: at her having sex with what is essentially her offspring. It's okay for other characters to do it but not us xd.
david.png

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
I love my breeding frenzies but if the content around it is dull, then it's not going to do much for me. Too many lore dumps, not enough personal shit. Especially when the preg content is not even in yet.
Plus why the fuck does his Lumia confess in the middle of a sex scene to a hero that she talked to for like 10 minutes total.
Yeah that bothered me too.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Warning rambly thoughts, opinions, blah blah

Romance is handled like utter dogshit in this game. Girls just say they love you for seemingly no reason and with no build-up. Brienne, Arona, Atani, Kas, etc. all just start loving you for no reason and two of them just instantly love you. I think part of the reason why it's like this for Drifa is because they have this stupid rule of needing to have sex with them if you're submitting a character, so he probably just expedited the process. Only authors on the team are allowed to write non-smut for whatever reason.

destroyerofassholes

Oct 23, 2019
Warning rambly thoughts, opinions, blah blah

A person who has never dated cannot write dates. A person who hasn't had a proper relationship also cannot write realistic relationships.

It's why some of the strongest "romance" writing in this game are fantasy power dynamic romances that only make sense in the context of its world. Realistic romance is hard to write.

Kroenen12

May 25, 2020
Romance is handled like utter dogshit in this game. Girls just say they love you for seemingly no reason and with no build-up. Brienne, Arona, Atani, Kas, etc. all just start loving you for no reason and two of them just instantly love you. I think part of the reason why it's like this for Drifa is because they have this stupid rule of needing to have sex with them if you're submitting a character, so he probably just expedited the process. Only authors on the team are allowed to write non-smut for whatever reason.
yeah
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_2.png

acusrola

May 30, 2020
Funnily enough, I find that Drifa really stands out from all the other characters, and not in a positive way. I don't remember any other character giving me the same reaction of "why is she saying / doing this now?" other than Drifa.

I like Brienne a lot, probably because wsan is a competent writer. Arona I dislike personally because I dislike orcs, don't ask, I don't know. Atani's quest (if she's the marefolks princess character) was fun enough, having the chance to marry, bang, and impregnate a princess is the bread and butter of this game (or what I like to read anyway..)

Kas is an interesting beast. I have tried to mod my save to give me high corruption, I scrolled through her scenes and from what I remember they were perfectly fine, don't remember a lot though. Maybe in the future when there's a pure version of her (the sprites are in the files) I can dive in more. The problem with Kas is, that I don't really see the champ as being a corrupt character.

CoC 1 had just some schmuck (I think? It's been a very long time since I've played CoC) entering through a portal, seeing the demon corrupted world might corrupt my character into becoming one as well. But CoC 2's protag is more fleshed out I think, and I personally don't see them as "capable" of becoming someone corrupt. Though, admittedly that's probably my bias on show too, as I tend to project my own moral compass to all my characters, more or less.

Edit: My post turned into a ramble and I think I missed your original point by a few miles...

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
Well that explains a whole helluva lot. On the one hand I do agree with the self-sufficient rule, cuz submitting a character that is only 25% done and the writer disappearing would suck a lot. But on the other hand, this happens.
Or the writer can just, y'know, work on them like normal until the sex shows up instead of jizzing their pants at the thought of their character getting added and rushing things.
Kas is an interesting beast. I have tried to mod my save to give me high corruption, I scrolled through her scenes and from what I remember they were perfectly fine, don't remember a lot though. Maybe in the future when there's a pure version of her (the sprites are in the files) I can dive in more. The problem with Kas is, that I don't really see the champ as being a corrupt character.
You don't have to be corrupt to bang and romance her. My champ has like 10 corruption and has never gone above like 25. Just chill and cloister for a bit whenever you get some corruption. Either that or kiss Cait daily because that removes corruption for some reason.
Edit: My post turned into a ramble and I think I missed your original point by a few miles...
You did, but that's fine. I like hearing and responding to ramblings.
For all the shit that could be better, I will say Moira's art consistently hits for me. Very glad that they became the main artist for the busts.
Definitely better than Adjatha that's for sure.

Now if only they could actually get her to replace DCL's busts...

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes