Wrynn13

Apr 11, 2018
Considering how many months aside from May that have garbage updates it's not really much of a change for people not into preg content really. In fact I'd ague it's not great for preg fans since it means most of the year we won't see any when it's saved up for May.

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
Well, B is writing Berwyn and Matiha pregnancy expac for Mayternity. Look forward to that.
Damn, that means completing that quest which means losing all the old scenes.
The observer isn't bad when he's not focusing on sex in a sex based game.....lol that is insane
I would say he's not good outside of that either. Makes a date route where you don't even have a date, the hack.

MoneyMan181

Sep 6, 2019
How did she became a slut if you avoided doing any sex content?... I don't know the systems, but it sound unusual.
Losing means you get gang-banged which makes it way easier for you to fall down the slut path because it gives you a bunch of changes that make it easier for you to get horny.
Skill issue, git gud. Power level into Slut, and every blowjob lasts one turn. KP is stupid complex with that shit, like using the Rock/Paper/Scissors system is just a noob trap and you should try to focus on one of the damage types for the most part.
I won't deny it's a skill issue, but the game does a terrible job at telling the player what the actual fuck is going on behind the scenes. Or at least that's how it felt to me. I have no idea how to make my lust attacks do more damage besides just doing them more.

MOONLIT HYSTERIA

Feb 28, 2021
This is the main reason I can't get into the game and how I'm baffled everybody loves it so much. I can stomach the "wow I don't want this but it feels good" rape, but not the "kicking crying and screaming" kind of rape which that game does the latter it seems like.
As someone who loves DoL, I'll try and explain why I like it.

DoL puts you in impossible situations, and it's up to you (the PC) to either charm your attackers into a false sense of security and then strike, just beat the fuck out of them, or just become a plaything. You can avoid rape entirely if you're smart. Think of it as a lewd version of 'Kenshi', the whole game is pretty much asking you the question of 'how far would you go to make ends meet'. Steal, Sell your body, or work honestly. It's all up to you.

There's love interests, and content that'll fit just about any kink you can imagine. The world itself is reactive to the actions you've done and people WILL take note of it. The game is largely catered to being a sub, though you don't have to play that way. Hurt people like they hurt you. Stand up for the weak and be rewarded.

While the game is dark, it just makes the wholesome situations that happen (rarely) that much sweeter. It's like how people like salt with their food, or a good tragic movie.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
I won't deny it's a skill issue, but the game does a terrible job at telling the player what the actual fuck is going on behind the scenes. Or at least that's how it felt to me. I have no idea how to make my lust attacks do more damage besides just doing them more.
Call it good/bad game design, but you're not supposed to know. I mean, if you ask the various helper NPCs you can figure it out. Story spoilers for further explanation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
For Lust Attacks you gotta use them to get better at them/Use Flaunt to make enemies Horny so they're weaker to lust attacks. Also, using Restore Energy skills (obviously). I had a build where Karryn literally could not lose, even if I didn't use any Restore Energy skills lmfaoo The game has a high skill ceiling, but it's incredibly rewarding.
Morrowind>Daggerfall. Rest of the series sucks.
I stand tall at the bow of my ship, mocking you and your lack of ship. I watch with glee as you use a Scroll of Icarian Flight, only to meet you at the zenith of your jump upon my levitating horse. In the winds, you could swear you heard...

In seriousness though, I think all the mainline ES games are pretty alright at minimum.

Also, Mayternity doesn't appeal to me despite enjoying pregnancy content. It's just... do you need a month for that? Why not just plug things into the game when they're ready?

M0nte

Oct 4, 2020
I stand tall at the bow of my ship, mocking you and your lack of ship. I watch with glee as you use a Scroll of Icarian Flight, only to meet you at the zenith of your jump upon my levitating horse. In the winds, you could swear you heard...

In seriousness though, I think all the mainline ES games are pretty alright at minimum.

Also, Mayternity doesn't appeal to me despite enjoying pregnancy content. It's just... do you need a month for that? Why not just plug things into the game when they're ready?
I play RPGs for roleplay or to play diverse build. Both Skyrim and Oblivion falter on either of those fronts.

muschi26

Engaged Member
Jun 22, 2019
They do add pregnancy stuff outside of May; it’s just that they make a point of focusing on it once it comes around.

As someone who plays this game primarily for the preg content, I can’t complain.

Walk Cycle

Dec 18, 2018
Actually, I remember having a discussion with my friend about this.
On one hand, it's really cool how transformation actually reflects on your in-game power and let's you do cool shit.
On the other, I've heard it feels like it's mandatory to obtain some of them to avoid penalties and get as much power as possible. When it's an easy way to higher stats - players will feel like they should transform into something they usually wouldn't.
I've personally never felt the need to tf myself to get bonuses. The only tf's I get is Snakebyte to be a throat goat and Omega Oil for dat succulent bussy. Besides the combat in TiTS is manageable enough that you can win through firepower alone even if the enemy is more vulnerable to Lust attacks. And at the risk of sounding a bit gatekeepery if the players are only after the combat bonuses instead of getting tf's that actually fit what they imagine the character to be then they're not really interested in rp'ing their ideal character ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ in short:

People crying about feeling "forced" to take TFs to be a combat machine are the same people to try and be sweaty min-max nerds in DnD imo. The draw of the game is not combat and it's not difficult enough to force you into taking TFs whatsoever(besides the last 2 bosses of the first game, that difficulty spike was horse shit).
If I had to suggest a solution though? Make it so that combat TFs make it so you lose a bit of touch with your "inner self" so to speak, making you more susceptible to lust damage and mind altering effects. That way it'd be an actual trade-off and there'd be merit to playing someone who doesn't have that stuff so that they're good against enemies that use lust attacks and whatnot.
That's basically the Taint stat, consuming too many tf's too fast will corrupt your DNA and will greatly increase the rate your lust increases. Aside from that there's not much other effects though.

Honestly? Skill issue. I played through all these games as a pure human and it feels great to do so. Like yeah I'm just a boring plain human, yet I'm still kicking the shit out of everything that's bigger than me because THE MIGHT OF THE IMPERIUM.
wor5mlhpwl371.png

Biostar

Aug 4, 2017
My only problem with Mayternity is when they make new NPCs with preg content instead of adding it to preexisting NPCs, cause you just know the former are going to be shallow dead-ends like Noire, Nihara, and Salwah. All by Tobs, who just loves throwaway preg content.

LettucePr

Jun 26, 2019
Honestly, games like this are a product of their time. It's really starting to show its age, most people are looking into more interactive games nowadays, just look at Steam and you can tell what the majority are wanting in hentai. I don't know, to me this project should have been wrapped up when Flash ended.

Tau_Iota

Aug 22, 2018
I play RPGs for roleplay or to play diverse build. Both Skyrim and Oblivion falter on either of those fronts.
Totally fair point, but at least in Oblivion you can still have some pretty varying Magic builds. Like making a Master Lockpick Spell that also damages you for 20pts/sec fire damage for 5 seconds. Skyrim is very much 'Baby's First RPG' because every ES title to date is more streamlined than the last, excluding Arena.
They do add pregnancy stuff outside of May; it’s just that they make a point of focusing on it once it comes around.

As someone who plays this game primarily for the preg content, I can’t complain.
Again, I like preg content too I just think it might be wiser to push on the story rather than add more throwaway NPCs like Biostar said.
Honestly, games like this are a product of their time. It's really starting to show its age, most people are looking into more interactive games nowadays, just look at Steam and you can tell what the majority are wanting in hentai. I don't know, to me this project should have been wrapped up when Flash ended.
If it weren't for games like Transylvania and DoL I'd agree with you, but text-based games will never really go out of style. Your most powerful tool is your own imagination and all that. Although I do think this game has overstayed its welcome in the sense that it's falling in the same trap the first one did. Constant expansion of side content, with the MQ being completely forgotten about. Wonder if this game will get a "tl;dr You Winner! {:^)" type ending like the first so the creators can work on a Sci-Fi game...

2.90 star(s) 104 Votes